YesNoOk

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl (Read 184838 times)

Started by walt, July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
Share this topic:
Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#1  July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
  • SNK is life
https://www.ign.com/articles/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-spongebob-rugrats-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-smash-bros

Yo, EVERYONE IS HERE (sorta)

Who will you main?

IGN Article said:
We don't have a full list of characters just yet, but we know that the game will feature:

Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
Helga (Hey Arnold!)
Reptar (Rugrats)
Zim (Invader Zim)
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 07:56:13 pm by walt
Re: Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#2  July 13, 2021, 07:40:37 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Nigel Thornberry is SMASHING.
#3  July 13, 2021, 07:49:08 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Rollback netcode

Nigel Thornberry

The only two things any game ever needs
#4  July 13, 2021, 07:57:07 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm super curious to know what kind of moveset REPTAR will have, I bet he'll be a savage.

Any guesses to who could be the final boss? :beam:
#5  July 13, 2021, 08:09:08 pm
#6  July 13, 2021, 09:42:47 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#7  July 13, 2021, 11:00:51 pm
Any characters of Jimmy Neutron be confirmed, i'll be sold over this game.
#8  July 13, 2021, 11:05:14 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Kinda freaking odd that there's zilch on the Avatar franchise in its reveal trailer.  I'd of course fully expect at bare minimum Aang to show as a character and more likely Korra in tow if not a full on 100% expectancy.  I'd assume it's not their most lucrative franchise because quality does not necessarily beget profits, but it is unquestionably their greatest.

Beyond that, surprised that it looks like there's some level of quality control to this cash-grab.  And Leonardo has moves from the TMNT arcade game?  In fact their design overall is more skewed to the 80's cartoon than the 3D one Nick's most know for, which is interesting.  I notice though with Danny Phantom an issue that came up when Cartoon Network tried their own Smash clone years ago.  Some 2D cartoon art styles do NOT transition to 3D well.

But then Powdered Toast Man is here of all things and doesn't look half-bad.  Which is a feat unto itself given Ren & Stimpy's freakish art design.  So what the hell.

Speaking of which, I nominate Mr. Horse to be included.

Edit: Ok, the stage after Nigel is shown is clearly an Avatar stage.  So there is that.  Surprised Aang's flight stick is a background detail, that means he likely would not have it as part of his movepool.
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:19:22 pm by Long John Killer
#9  July 13, 2021, 11:33:31 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Reptar... me intrigued...

One series who may not get repped: Doug, and that's due to being owned by Disney, even though it was first a Nicktoon. If Nickelodeon plans to bring Doug to this game (most likely one of his alter egos Quailman or Smash Adams), there is certainly going to be a ton of red tape and paperwork required. Don't know if that would mean featuring Disney characters as a compromise, but I am so down for my lifelong dream of a Nickelodeon/Disney crossover.
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:39:25 pm by no1wammy
#10  July 13, 2021, 11:43:12 pm
    • USA
I kinda hope this game has Final Smash equivalents just so they can reference key moments of the show or memes.  So that Ren & Stimpy can destroy Australia every Final Smash.

Oh, who am I kidding, their Final Smash would be Happy Happy, Joy Joy.
#11  July 13, 2021, 11:52:24 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
If this game doesn't have Norbert and Daggett as an Ice Climbers-style duo, it's an automatic 0/10.  XJ9 would be nice, but The Angry Beavers are a must.  In all seriousness, the fact that this is being developed by the studio behind Slap City makes it seem like there's a chance this will actually play decently. 

Also, the placeholder boxart that was given to retailers for their preorder pages clearly shows the silhouettes of Ren and Stimpy, Korra, and Rocko.  Also possibly Aang, but it's harder to make out for sure.
#12  July 14, 2021, 12:00:33 am
    • USA
Korra sans Aang is a much weirder turnout than Aang without Korra.  Especially seeing Nick tried burying Korra for a time but is all in on promoting Last Airbender as of late.  The Avatar stage in the initial trailer doesn't appear to be Republic City, just an Earthbender location, so even if it's one stage per franchise the fact the stage aligns much more with Last Airbender than Legend of Korra would leave me expecting Aang still.

Also wait, now that I think of it, TMNT got both New York City and the Terrordrome.  So it's not even one stage per series.

To the all three of you out there that wanted to see Leonardo the Ninja Turtle murder Hey Arnold's Helga on Battlefield, this one's for you.
Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 12:11:19 am by Long John Killer
#13  July 14, 2021, 01:26:12 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Quailman or didn't happen.

Also its clear Mr. Thornberry is in just because of the meme.

Beyond that, surprised that it looks like there's some level of quality control to this cash-grab.

I don't know, characters only seem to have one expression. Its pretty visible on Patrick and Spongebob.
#14  July 14, 2021, 01:40:22 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
If this game doesn't have Norbert and Daggett as an Ice Climbers-style duo, it's an automatic 0/10.  XJ9 would be nice, but The Angry Beavers are a must.  In all seriousness, the fact that this is being developed by the studio behind Slap City makes it seem like there's a chance this will actually play decently. 

Also, the placeholder boxart that was given to retailers for their preorder pages clearly shows the silhouettes of Ren and Stimpy, Korra, and Rocko.  Also possibly Aang, but it's harder to make out for sure.
Norbert/Daggett and XJ-9 are pretty much a given. Dudley Puppy, Heffer, Otto Rocket, Arnold, Timmy Turner and one of the Winx are also very likely.
#15  July 14, 2021, 02:17:54 am
    • USA
Looking at the boxart again in a higher resolution, what I thought was Rocko might actually be CatDog.

If they really wanted to impress me they'd bring in something from KaBlam!, but I know I'm one of like twelve people total who remember that show.
#16  July 14, 2021, 02:32:03 am
    • USA
The thought occurred to me an advantage this Nick game has per roster picks is Nick has a long history of popular live-action shows as well as all their cartoons, and I was actually getting excited at the possibility of playing as Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Will Smith.  Until I was reminded Nick at Nite was just a bunch of reruns of shows syndicated elsewhere and Fresh Prince is a NBC program.

But hey, Drake and Josh is a Nick show.  And Kenan and Kel.  And are unlikely to show up because getting the cartoon cast down right is hard enough but shut up, it's fun to dream.

GOH

#17  July 14, 2021, 03:42:54 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Catdog immune to crossups, calling it now.
#18  July 14, 2021, 04:29:27 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I'd be down for using CatDog or Powdered Toast Man (As long as he can fly backwards).
#19  July 14, 2021, 05:20:13 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I am, seriously, FLIPPING THE SHIT OUT just by thinking that there's now a legit chance that this girl might actually make it to a real fighting game...

OMG.

SERIOUSLY. :flipout:

This has the potential to be the best crossover event ever, and I'm not even joking.
Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:23:18 am by NDSilva
#20  July 14, 2021, 01:23:39 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

Imagine an alternate universe where we actually got playable Alex Mack.

Also, I really hope XJ9 will become playable.

Oh, and before I go, here's a more popular analysis of the temporary boxart for Nick All-Star Brawl:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#21  July 14, 2021, 01:32:57 pm
    • USA
Probably not Angelica.  I imagine there’s some ethical concerns putting literal babies into a fighting game.  That’s almost certainly why Reptar is in; they need to rep Rugrats somehow without making players punch 1-3 year old toddlers in the throat.
#22  July 14, 2021, 02:53:04 pm

I've looked the official website and read the copyright names and I found 'Butch Hartman'

Could it be Timmy and/of Dudley Puppy be confirmed soon?
#23  July 14, 2021, 02:55:03 pm
    • USA
Danny Phantom is Hartman's too.
#24  July 14, 2021, 04:26:03 pm
#25  July 14, 2021, 06:39:20 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Yes also Jimmy Neutron and Gang have to be included and one stage referencing Cousin Skeeter along with Kenan and Kell!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#26  July 14, 2021, 08:33:12 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Rash, Zitz and Pimple from the new Battletoads game would definitely fit in that roster. lol
#27  July 14, 2021, 09:30:21 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Probably not Angelica.  I imagine there’s some ethical concerns putting literal babies into a fighting game.  That’s almost certainly why Reptar is in; they need to rep Rugrats somehow without making players punch 1-3 year old toddlers in the throat.
Agreed, just adding one of the main cast as-is would definitely cross the line of nonsense;

Spoiler: But, alternatively... (click to see content)

Also, Rocket Power when? :innocent:
#28  July 15, 2021, 01:57:42 am
    • USA
Also, since I skipped this before.

Any guesses to who could be the final boss? :beam:
It's gotta be Olmec.  Nick's currently in the running of rebooting Legends of the Hidden Temple and the whole show's concept works sorta like that shadow super boss from Smash 4 after Master/Crazy Hands.

I also expect the green slime to be incorporated somehow into the game because that was essentially Nick's whole identity for the time frame a number of these shows featured came out during.

Not for nothing but just for comparison, Cartoon Network's Smash clone from some years back also had a weird approach for their final boss; the whole game was about Space Ghost screwing around with his t.v. remote.
#29  July 15, 2021, 02:11:21 am
Quick question.  I noticed Nick/Viacom owns the rights to Garfield to the point he will be receiving his own series at some point.  How likely are his chances so we can see some lasagna setups?
#30  July 15, 2021, 02:20:31 am
    • USA
How recent was the acquisition?  I had no idea about it but I guess the last time I thought of Garfield was either those terrible live-action movies or Cartoon Network doing a 3D cartoon years ago that I never saw.  The TMNT acquisition was quite a while ago, though I still don't much think of them as a Nick brand series personally, but at least its been long enough for a whole new generation to be acquainted to Nick's versions of the Turtles.
#31  July 15, 2021, 03:09:03 am
    • USA
TMNT's been a Nickelodeon property long enough that they've gotten away with using them in a bunch of other crossover games in recent years.  Even with the recent acquisition, I don't see them rushing to shoehorn Garfield into this game.  In the cultural zeitgeist Garfield is very much its own brand, and doesn't have any association as being a part of Nickelodeon, at least not to the degree that TMNT now does.

Jesus Crunchy Christ I'm actually discussing the logistics of whether or not Garfield is likely to appear in a Smash Bros-style crossover platform fighter.  What the FUCK is this timeline?
#32  July 15, 2021, 03:17:46 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#33  July 15, 2021, 03:27:15 am
    • USA
https://nickelodeonallstarbrawl.com/?fbclid=IwAR1bYuYjtaML2BbnlLw6GdoKOA0QfUVa-qC5LULO8cbAoxz_xMAqPQeyZxk

I noticed something odd when going over the official site.  The URLs for the character portraits of each character has some sort of codename assigned to each character.

SpongeBob: Apple
Lincoln Loud: Rascal
Zim: Alien
Powdered Toast Man: Hero
Reptar: Mascot
Leonardo: Moon
Danny Phantom: Plasma
Michelangelo: Pizza
Lucy: Goth
Helga: Rival
Nigel Thornberry: Narrator
Patrick: Star
Oblina: Snake

Most of these make sense.  But why is SpongeBob called Apple?  And Leonardo Moon?  Some obscure factoid about them I'm not recalling or familiar with?  Because I really can't recall anything to do with apples in SpongeBob.
#34  July 16, 2021, 03:30:03 am
    • USA
Probably just placeholder names they were uploaded under.  My guess is the assets were uploaded without specific references to the properties involved in case someone datamined the site and leaked everything before they announced it.  Whoever was in charge probably did it without much thought and couldn't think of a simple word that wouldn't give away Spongebob so they just named it something random.
#35  July 16, 2021, 05:33:02 am
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
I may purchase the game depending on what the roster is. If the game is successful enough, I feel there may be DLC down the line.

Timmy's dad needs to be playable!
#36  July 16, 2021, 07:49:15 am
    • Brazil
I wonder if we'll see ATLA in this...
#37  July 16, 2021, 09:55:01 am
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#38  July 17, 2021, 01:28:14 am
    • USA
I had actually rather forgotten that.  Which is silly of me, because it's in the freaking opening credits.  Thank you.
#39  July 17, 2021, 06:26:18 am
    • Japan
Smash bros nicklodeon version? Look’s fun!
#40  July 17, 2021, 10:19:11 pm
    • USA
Shot in the dark here, but mulling it over, since they're reaching both new school and old school, a nice mix of both would be adding Professor Membrane.  What with the Invader Zim movie and all making new fans.

I'd say obviously after Dib is confirmed, but for some reason they went with Powdered Toast Man before Ren & Stimpy themselves, so eh, whatever works for them.
#41  July 18, 2021, 03:51:14 am
    • USA
So the developers at Ludosity are being super cool about interacting with the fans on official Discords and Reddits and what have you, and answering what questions they can.  One of the things that's come out of that is an early tier list from the team playtesting the beta build.

And honestly?  The fact that the people they've got working on this Nickelodeon game are even thinking in terms of things like competitive tiers does a lot to suggest that they're taking it seriously to make this an actually competent fighter.
#42  July 18, 2021, 03:56:09 am
    • USA
Yo that's badass

Side note -- I was driving home from work the other day thinking about this game and said to myself, I hope Nigel is in top ten on the tier lists. I hope he's high tier, 9th place at the lowest

Fuckinnnggggggggggggggggg nailed that shit right on the money for the in dev build at least LOL
#43  July 18, 2021, 04:00:00 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
I hope they put in manray
this website is stupid
#44  July 18, 2021, 05:50:49 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I hope they don't fill half the roster with Spongebob characters.
#45  July 18, 2021, 06:02:05 am
    • USA

This sentence has so much Fire Emblem weight to it lol

But true tho. Honestly I think they're trying for a varied roster given some of their character choices so far. Obviously there'd be a select handful of Spongebob characters in this game due to its iconic status as Nick's most recognizable program, so I figured at least two (not at all disappointed with the three we have)

... I would like AT LEAST Squidward too, though. If only just one more Spongebob character, I feel Squidward must be there lmao
#46  July 18, 2021, 10:13:50 am
Or he could be a assist character like Waluigi.
#47  July 18, 2021, 03:52:13 pm
    • USA

One of the things the devs have said about the character selection process is that they're making a conscious effort not to pick characters just because they go with other characters.  Things like "Well, if we put Zim in we obviously have to put in Dib too."  So there's probably not going to be a ton of characters from any one series just because there's an expectation for them to be there.

Also, apparently at least one of the lead devs was campaigning super hard to get Alex Mack in the game but Nickelodeon said no.
Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 06:28:34 pm by Person Man
#48  July 18, 2021, 08:03:34 pm
    • USA
On the other hand, something that bugged me with Smash for a time if not a HUGE deal was its focus on protagonist heroes left a large lack of villains being pulled for playable characters.  Ganondorf showed right away on the second title, sure, but it's still a notable contrast in cast size to this day.  While the focus on the main protagonist characters is understandable, only having those makes for a weird fighting game.

Like, the Fire Emblem comparison is apt and all, but I also would kinda like this game to include Mr. Krabs and Plankton as grey pro/antagonist and straight-up villain characters respectively?  Likewise I'd hope for Azula or Fire Lord Ozai.  Korra's series has a different issue to Last Airbender's that it kills off its villains too fast due to how the show was essentially made up season by season, but Kuvira or Amon would be cool antagonist additions.

I'd say Zaheer because of that season's whole Man of Steel-based finale but the whole metal poisoning/staged execution bit is PROBABLY a bit too extreme for this fun kiddy party game.  Though then Amon was also leader of a bigoted cult so eh, Korra as a whole is about as extreme as Nick gets and appears to be just early Season 1 version of her anyways.

Some less extreme additions would be The Tallest from Invader Zim though.  That'd be cool.
#49  July 18, 2021, 10:02:18 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
First company that took their inspiration gameplay of Smash Bros for any Cartoon Network before made into Punch Time Explosion, and second goes to the company of Nickelodeon recently?

Now I must be dreaming we heard they developed an Smash Bros-styled game for Nick, I am surprised they acknowledge some Real Monsters content to make into the gameplay set. Unfortunately if it was so tedious if they didn't bring any knowingly voice actors before it will make a release and still hoping of XJ-9, Crimson Chin, Dib or Rocko would make in the game, as much I heard from their fans' rumor.
#50  July 21, 2021, 05:52:24 pm
  • hecc
I would like to point out that DBZ Kai was aired on Nicktoons before.

let that sink in.

Goku has an unironic chance of being in at some point.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
#51  July 21, 2021, 06:01:54 pm
    • USA
I would like to point out that DBZ Kai was aired on Nicktoons before.

let that sink in.

Goku has an unironic chance of being in at some point.

No, no, he doesn't. Just because Dragon Ball Z Kai was aired on Nicktoons doesn't mean the show was owned by Nick. Besides, it also aired on Cartoon Network/Toonami/Adult Swim.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#52  July 21, 2021, 06:42:49 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Who knows...

If Dreamworks' Madagascar characters can appear on their 2D fighting games, then that doesn't actually seem so silly to think about... ::)

(Wait min... Dreamworks!? Does that, d-does that mean that... SHREK have a legit chance to be in!!!??? :o)
#53  July 22, 2021, 02:54:08 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
No, he doesn't.

But Po has.
#54  July 22, 2021, 03:53:03 am
    • USA
More annoyingly, doesn't Nick own that Baby Shark meme retooled as a whole series now?  I recall seeing Nick branded merch on it in stores in passing.

Not that any of these hypothetical third parties are likely to happen anyways, but if anywhere Goku would show I'd imagine it would be a CN/Toonami project.  DBZ Kai hasn't been a Nick thing in years, Super has been all under Toonami's branding and the whole English dubbing is centered around it airing on Adult Swim's age bracketing.  Not to mention the series has a longer and more impactful history with CN/Toonami, but history ironically doesn't matter as much when it comes to third parties.  Else we would have seen Cloud in PlayStation All-Stars, not Smash.

That all said and good, the irony of Goku showing in this unashamed Smash clone that is in of itself already a meme existing would be hilarious for the resulting memes alone.  Also modders down the line would just export the Nick All-Stars characters into Smash anyways, I'd assume.
#55  July 22, 2021, 05:58:12 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Watched the trailer and this game looks VERY VERY promising so I'll give it a shot when I get it for the Switch in the Fall. I probably might main Helga and Reptar.
As for potential reps, I'm pretty sure Avatar: The Last Airbender will have a rep or 2 as fighters due to the stage being shown. The fighters picked here I definitely love the variety between old and new. Seeing Helga take on Danny Phantom or Reptar fighting Ninja Turtles. I'll flip my shit if they throw Squidward or Angelica in her All Grown Up! version. I hope to see some Rocket Power reps in there and maybe Eliza Thornberry since her pops is here as well as Arnold. Hope they bring another trailer showcasing a few more fighters soon. Again, this game looks promising.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#56  July 23, 2021, 02:43:09 am
    • USA
Y’all are thinking too “Ultimate.”  It’s a much smaller project, so don’t count on seeing a ton of crazy, “this technically aired on Nickelodeon so it counts” characters or niche fan favorites.  It’ll probably have a Melee-sized roster at best, mostly protagonists of their most successful Nicktoons with one or two curveballs at most.
#57  July 23, 2021, 10:22:57 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
C'mon.
Let us dream about some wild picks for just a little bit, while we can. The other "ultimate" crossover became so restrictive as the time went on - about who is viable, who is most likely a support/cameo, and who is pretty much ""banned"" - that just speculating about who's gonna get in there at this point is really not as much fun anymore.

Yes, I know this will probably be some eventual and small project, but I still would like to have *some* liberty in *dreaming* about it, because for once in a very good while, the company behind it actually has a considerably big room for speculation.

My bullshit rant is done, moving on;
Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:37:24 pm by NDSilva
#58  July 23, 2021, 10:38:02 pm
    • USA
C'mon.
Let us dream about some wild picks for just a little bit, while we can. The other "ultimate" crossover became so restrictive as the time went on - about who is viable, who is most likely a support/cameo, and who is pretty much ""banned"" - that just speculating about who's gonna get in there at this point is really not as much fun anymore.

Yes, I know this will probably be some eventual and small project, but I still would like to have *some* liberty in *dreaming* about it, because for once in a very good while, the company behind it actually has a considerably big room for speculation.

My bullshit rant is done, moving on;

Fuck your dreams, die bitch

Jk uhhhh I really hope Rocket Power rep(s) show up. It'd be epic. They need some rep. That's MY dream at least.
#59  July 23, 2021, 10:38:42 pm
    • USA
Hey, I'm here for the memes as much as anyone else (Hugh Neutron gang rise up).  I just mean you shouldn't fuss over things like villain representation or what "third party" characters should be considered or which series will be the next Fire Emblem.  This may be a platform fighter, but it's way too early in its lifespan to be thinking of it in terms of late-stage Smash Bros problems.
#60  July 23, 2021, 11:13:26 pm
    • USA
Hey, I'm not expecting a large quantity of villain characters.  Hell, not really expecting any if they're just aiming for franchise faces and obscure oddballs, something most major villains don't fall under..  Just spitballing good additions.

Sometimes I wish I was more into Nick growing up, because even catching the Jimmy Neutron movie at release I never really got into it.  Beyond its 3D on cable t.v. improvements over ReBoot and Beast Wars, that was neat.  CN was just always more appealing in every regard.  So the Hugh Neutron meme going around confuses me.  The only thing I recall about the guy in the show is his love for banana seat bicycles one episode and gay jokes about him being in the closet.  Nick's Mr. Smithers essentially.  But meme culture is typically weird and bizarre so eh, whatever floats fans' boats.
#61  July 24, 2021, 02:34:47 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
At least for me, Nickelodeon have always been more about the live action shows. Of course, the chances of having any live action characters on this is almost null.
#62  July 25, 2021, 04:30:25 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
I wonder if they'll include any live-action Nick shows.
#63  August 25, 2021, 12:08:47 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
2 new characters will be announced at Gamescom's Future Games Show (Thursday, August 26 at 3:00 p.m. CT)!

What are your bets? Mine are Shrek and Goku.
#64  August 25, 2021, 12:33:17 am
    • USA
I want Jenny or the Beavers, but it'll probably be someone we already know about from the boxart.  Speaking of which:  An official Twitter account for the game has popped up, with a banner that has new key art for some of the characters.  Superimpose that onto the silhouettes from the box, and it becomes much easier to figure out where one character starts and the other ends.

The only one I still can't suss out is the figure on the right side.  Looks to be human, likely female, with realistic proportions rather than overly-cartoonish ones.  The shape's just not ringing any bells, though.
#65  August 25, 2021, 02:02:54 am
Gonna give this a shot but the female silhouette could be Brendar from The Barbarian and The Troll, a recently new series on Nick.  Got the hair down and looks like she is holding a weapon, maybe her axe out of sight.

The kick/legwear however does not seem to match even though Brendar does a similar kick in the show's intro.
Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:19:17 am by Kirishima
#66  August 25, 2021, 02:11:22 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I was still a bit skeptical in regards to the supposedly leaked cover art. But if the new artworks revealed indeed line up with the silhouettes, then that pretty much closes the question.

Which then makes it about... 5 new 'confirmed' characters? (6, if Ren and Stimpy end up being separate fighters)

With the recent teaser precisely highlighting 8 empty slots on the roster... Then yeah, the next announcement will most likely show 2 of the characters from that cover art. (...so no Jenny for now :/)

The only one I still can't suss out is the figure on the right side.  Looks to be human, likely female, with realistic proportions rather than overly-cartoonish ones.  The shape's just not ringing any bells, though.

I've seen some few people on the internet suggesting that it could be Dora the Explorer, with the recent movie design. Since then, it's the one that most sticks to my mind.
Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:33:20 am by NDSilva
#67  August 25, 2021, 02:41:42 am
    • USA
The best guess I could make would be Miko from Glitch Techs, but the hair doesn't look quite the right shape for it.
#68  August 25, 2021, 11:17:55 am
I think that these two characters might be confirmed tomorrow: CatDog and Aang.
#69  August 26, 2021, 06:05:22 pm
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
For my hopes I would be My Life as a Teenage Robot's Jenny and Rocko's Modern Life's Rocko. As we seen from the cover article, that probably means if Catdog and Korra would made their reveal.

If there claimed they planned to get more DLC content, all I heard there were some fans predicted Hugh Neutron from franchise of Jimmy Neutron could make an another meme-addicted character as downloable content.    ;D
#70  August 26, 2021, 11:23:20 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

Holy shit!

Absolutely nobody predicted April! :O
Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:26:45 pm by NDSilva
#71  August 26, 2021, 11:25:47 pm
    • USA
Guess that solves the mystery of the last character on the box.  What a wild pick, especially right after they also announced playable April in that new TMNT beat 'em up yesterday.

I mean, I'm down.  April's always been cool in my book.
#72  August 26, 2021, 11:36:29 pm
TMNT is gonna be the Mario series of the roster, isn't it?

Also alt costumes confirmed as seen with Lincoln in the Catdog trailer.
Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:43:27 pm by Kirishima
#73  August 26, 2021, 11:46:35 pm
    • USA
^ I mean, this only brings TMNT even with Spongebob at this point.  Based on what the devs have said about the selection process, Raph and Donnie aren't necessarily guarantees.

New Avatar stage with a Cabbage Merchant cameo:

Should've put it in the foreground so you can destroy the cart during the fight.  Missed opportunity.
#74  August 27, 2021, 12:07:51 am
    • USA
Huh.  CatDog has Minecraft Steve's minecart move.  Well, they wear their Smash inspiration on their sleeve after all, it's not that big a shock.  I was mostly hoping for X-J9 because Jenny most likely will be this game's Samus clone and I main Samus, so seeing something random like that isn't that wild.

Nothing against April, but I'm kinda surprised that the non-Turtle or villain TMNT pick wasn't Casey Jones.  The hockey jockey vigilante is pretty much made for goofy fights like these.

Wait, strike that about CatDog, upon closer inspection I think that's a stage hazard.  Whoops.
#75  August 27, 2021, 03:46:31 am
    • Brazil
TMNT is gonna be the Mario series of the roster, isn't it?
Honestly, ATLA would have been better as the Mario series of the roster, but it surprises me that no character from that series has showed up yet.
#76  August 27, 2021, 04:50:43 am
    • USA
I mean, hasn't shown outside the very obvious silhouettes, Ba Sing Se and the Harmonic Convergence we've already seen.  Aang and Korra are all but actually fully revealed by this point.

Now, of course, watch as the developers really put their claim of outlandish character choices to the test and it turns out the silhouettes are Jinora and Mai just to throw us all through a loop.
#77  August 27, 2021, 12:19:27 pm
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
I am suprised to see Catdog revealed as the next character, alongside at first I thought we hinted it will be an live-action adaption of Dora.

^ I mean, this only brings TMNT even with Spongebob at this point.  Based on what the devs have said about the selection process, Raph and Donnie aren't necessarily guarantees.

New Avatar stage with a Cabbage Merchant cameo:

Should've put it in the foreground so you can destroy the cart during the fight.  Missed opportunity.

Then we still see they reveal at least three stages used for the Avatar series, that does mean they need to confirm if Toph or Zuko will make as an next represented character?
#78  August 27, 2021, 01:07:21 pm
CatDog was on my betting list and I got it.
April is one heck of a surprise.

Next one (hopefully) is Aang and Ren or Stimpy.
#79  August 27, 2021, 06:40:17 pm
    • Netherlands
I think/feel like they will likely reserve all avatar content for a big Avatar-focussed trailer. Aang and Korra are all but confirmed but I really hope we get Zuko in there too. Sokka is my fave but he will literally never get in over Katara or Toph lol.
#80  August 27, 2021, 07:10:00 pm
I think/feel like they will likely reserve all avatar content for a big Avatar-focussed trailer. Aang and Korra are all but confirmed but I really hope we get Zuko in there too. Sokka is my fave but he will literally never get in over Katara or Toph lol.

Expecting to be assists or helpers. Just like what they did to CN Explosion Punch.
#81  September 01, 2021, 11:59:26 pm
    • USA
The full box art accidentally got leaked on the Switch EShop today.  Nothing on it that everybody didn't already guess from the last image, but the confirmation is good at least.

Spoiler: Spoilers?  I guess? (click to see content)
#82  September 02, 2021, 12:08:28 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Yeah the only one in question was revealed last week so

Yeah

Quelle surprise
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#83  September 02, 2021, 12:22:57 am
What if the DLC is the crossover king Ryu
#84  September 02, 2021, 12:49:00 am
    • USA
Seeing the picture in full, the difference in cartoon art style between shows makes me snicker a bit when Lincoln is probably around Aang's age at the beginning I assume yet reaches only about his knees in height.

April looks dead inside.  Everyone else has got their dynamic pose and expression on their face, she's just coming across as "Kill me".
#85  September 02, 2021, 01:19:08 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

SpongeBob's moveset was shown off too:

This game ditches Side Specials, Side Titls, and Back and Forward Airs for aerial Smashes and Dash Smashes. Slap City must have been Ludosity experimenting with aerial Smashes, I really like this change since side tilts in Smash are usually redundant and unnecessary, and most of my mains have really situational Side Specials.

Also loving that Culture Shock down tilt greatly.
Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 01:24:52 am by MR. IBZS II
#86  September 02, 2021, 02:55:57 am
Side tilts have several functions from spacing with good frame data and range, combo extensions, and character specific utility.  It's that some of the time you would accidently pull out the smash move that it was finally giving a shortcut of its own.

That said it's gonna be weird getting use to this kind of style.
#87  September 02, 2021, 04:04:01 am
    • USA
I guess the lack of basic back air attacks on most of the cast suddenly make CatDog's back and forward air attack make more sense now.

Would seem to me then you would need to even more emphasize facing your enemy in this than Smash, which can make edge guarding a bit more challenging for those with more limited up+B recoveries.
#88  September 02, 2021, 05:28:18 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The full box art accidentally got leaked on the Switch EShop today.  Nothing on it that everybody didn't already guess from the last image, but the confirmation is good at least.

I like the roster so far  :nuttrox:
#89  September 02, 2021, 07:37:02 pm
    • Brazil

#90  September 02, 2021, 08:44:08 pm

I like the roster so far  :nuttrox:

So far, better than Cartoon Network Explosion Punch.
#91  September 02, 2021, 10:59:50 pm
    • USA
There were three Avatar franchise stages supposedly shown.  And the assumption so far is also that there's one stage per character to match.  So unless the non-Korra stage is a transitioning one through the four kingdoms of Last Airbender's era then we still have an Earthbender character to get announced.  Who shouldn't be too hard to guess who.

#92  September 03, 2021, 12:53:40 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hey, a really minor detail I've come to think about the box art:
#93  September 03, 2021, 11:46:24 pm
    • USA
Patrick's official move list:

Spoiler: Big long image (click to see content)

They actually incorporated "No, this is Patrick" into his moveset, the freaking memelords.
#94  September 08, 2021, 10:11:31 pm
    • USA
#95  September 10, 2021, 03:53:05 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
is it true? this game wont have voice acting
#96  September 10, 2021, 04:14:31 pm
    • USA
Yeah, the devs have confirmed that the budget they had to work with didn't really allow for voice acting.
#97  September 14, 2021, 05:30:47 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings

Ren & Stimpy join the frey as a two-in-one
===My discord servers===

Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 05:36:17 pm by TrinitroRoy
#98  September 15, 2021, 01:02:19 am
    • USA
Ren in 3D looks....off.  I think it's because the show's super exaugurated character expressions done in a video game for repeated animations, along with him being the comparatively more normal looking one of the two, makes him look like a GMod model with its facial expressions at 500%.

Stimpy already looked weird from the get-go, being a bean with legs so it don't particularly look weird on him.  Eh, I'm sure in actual gameplay it won't even be an issue.  It's not model issues like MvCI pausing on their zombie faces occasionally.

Cool addition, if not at all a surprise at this point.  Looks like a mix between Banjo & Kazooie with Wario at face value to play.
#99  September 15, 2021, 01:18:15 am
    • USA
I agree, but on the other hand I think it looks as good as it could, all things considered.   The Ren & Stimpy art style is one that's super hard to translate faithfully into 3D.

I do like how a decent percentage of their moves involve Ren just beating the everloving shit out of Stimpy.
#100  September 15, 2021, 04:00:36 pm
Quick question.  I noticed Nick/Viacom owns the rights to Garfield to the point he will be receiving his own series at some point.  How likely are his chances so we can see some lasagna setups?
#101  September 16, 2021, 12:26:41 am
    • USA
Spoiler: Whatever's happening on Discord (click to see content)

:EDIT: But never mind the drama, because there's a new interview out with some pretty big info drops.

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2021/09/15/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-qa-with-ludocity-ceo-joel-nystrom

• October 5th launch date confirmed
  • 20 characters at launch, with 2 more being added in an update soon after
  • Additional DLC characters post-launch confirmed
  • Slap Ball mode from Slap City is included, renamed to Sports Ball for this game
Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 01:04:05 am by Person Man
#102  September 16, 2021, 01:17:40 am
    • USA
Ah cool, DLC confirmed.  If not already in the base game, then my number one expected character they'd have to do is Squidward.  SpongeBob is Nick's Super Mario, it can't have too much overrepresentation, and everyone loves Squidward.  Even the ones who haven't watched or like SpongeBob.

We’ve seen gameplay footage of a stage from the Avatar series. Who might we expect from the original series or The Legend of Korra to be part of the roster?

Hopefully, your favorite! All in due time.
Surprise me, Ludocity.  Make my day.  Have an Appa/Momo tag team character.
#103  September 16, 2021, 01:35:02 am
    • USA
I feel like Donatello and Raphael would be easy pickings for DLC.  Nobody's gonna complain about having the whole TMNT crew together.
#104  September 16, 2021, 02:07:53 am
    • USA
It hasn't come up much in discussions that I've seen, but I wonder now what they plan for alt. colors?  Probably jam in as many references as they can, but I also assume they're not allowed to alter someone like SpongeBob's appearance too drastically just for marketing purposes.

The turtles are probably going to get the same raw deal Sonic does in Smash Bros. since they're all color coordinated and have super minimal physical differences between one-another.  Leonardo's probably just going to get 8 choices along the blue color scale on his bandana.
#105  September 16, 2021, 03:38:19 am
    • USA
Slap City actually had a shitload of really well designed alternate colors and costumes for all of its roster.  Ludosity does seem to recognize the importance of things like that, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the best they can with what Nick will let them get away with.

I could easily see the turtles having pallet swaps that represent the color schemes from the various cartoon series.  Probably even a solid black and white one based on the original comic series, too.
#106  September 21, 2021, 03:55:38 am
    • USA
Bump for additional leaks because digital storefronts don't give a flying fuck about building hype.  Just like the Switch EShop leaked most of the unknown characters, the Series X shop has gone and leaked the 20th character to round out the launch roster.

Spoiler: And the winner is... (click to see content)
#107  September 21, 2021, 11:53:28 am
    • USA
#108  September 21, 2021, 12:51:14 pm
    • USA
#109  September 21, 2021, 10:04:13 pm
    • Brazil
#110  September 21, 2021, 10:20:44 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
===My discord servers===

#111  September 21, 2021, 11:58:50 pm
    • USA
Would you mind showing off this character?  Never touched Rivals of Aether but that sounds generally like what the character does in the show so I'm curious.
#112  September 22, 2021, 12:19:00 am
    • USA
Yeah, sure.  It's this guy.  That particular video doesn't show off a ton of the specific move I mentioned since it's not great for combos, but you can get the idea.
#113  September 22, 2021, 12:26:21 am
    • USA
Huh.  I wasn't picturing the character to end up being a hercules beetle fighting Shovel Knight, but hey.  Thanks.  Yeah, that seems like one way around the show character's issues.  Also seems a broken way at edge guarding but I'll leave that one up to the Melee pros.
#114  October 02, 2021, 09:47:23 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
quality game

oh yeah, Aang, Korra and Toph got revealed

===My discord servers===

#115  October 03, 2021, 12:11:14 am
    • USA
I thought something was wrong with that model's face when I saw the trailer, but I only had my phone to view it at the time.  I know exactly what they're referencing, but it doesn't really match his silly expression from the show doing that marble trick, not even the repeat cameo in Legend of Korra.  I mean, I guess it's just a taunt, not that big a deal, but man that did turn out weird looking in practice.

Anyways, pleasantly surprised both Korra and Toph look like fun characters I'd actually like to play as, rather than my habit of wanting to play characters that I'm either not good at or aren't all that viable to begin with.  Cool.  I am surprised Aang has the flight stick in his movepool.  Not because it's something out of character for him, in fact it makes more sense to have it than not, but it's already a stage background material.  I don't recall any being left around the airbender temples after they were all killed, but maybe I'm just recalling wrong after not seeing the show in years.

Not really feeling Aang's gameplay from the showcase alone, honestly.  Maybe he'll do better when played rather than watched.
Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 12:17:42 am by Long John Killer
#116  October 17, 2021, 12:05:37 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Unused assets found in the game's files:

I... actually didn't expect there would be this much information to gather just by looking at those. :o
#117  October 17, 2021, 12:19:55 am
#118  October 17, 2021, 04:52:05 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Damn so many Avatar and TMNT characters listed and yet they couldn't get it done in time. They should've at least announced a much later release and work on the game some more. I think maybe a Spring 2022 would've worked that way some of those potential characters could've been in.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#119  October 17, 2021, 06:15:04 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
not with a low budget
#120  October 17, 2021, 02:33:12 pm
    • USA
Damn so many Avatar and TMNT characters listed and yet they couldn't get it done in time. They should've at least announced a much later release and work on the game some more. I think maybe a Spring 2022 would've worked that way some of those potential characters could've been in.

Those announcer voice lines don't necessarily mean those characters were ever considerations or put into serious development.  The lead dev commented on it, and said that they were recorded super early in development and they had the VA record a ton of lines before the roster was even finalized.  Partly so that they'd have the lines if they needed them, and partly to throw people off in case the recordings ever got leaked.  IIRC, Nintendo did the same thing when they had Xander Mobus record the announcer's lines for Ultimate
#121  October 17, 2021, 05:32:24 pm
Also the voice lines for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle where the entirety of the rosters from their respective series had their names called by the announcer but nothing but a handful came out of it.
#122  October 17, 2021, 06:34:56 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
They had a deadline set and couldn't afford to make a delay. Time the game isn't out is time they're not making any money.
#123  October 18, 2021, 02:19:53 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Also the voice lines for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle where the entirety of the rosters from their respective series had their names called by the announcer but nothing but a handful came out of it.

That's something Mr. Krabs would say...
#124  December 07, 2021, 06:31:24 pm
I hate Mondays.

#125  December 08, 2021, 12:55:31 am
    • USA
#126  December 08, 2021, 02:12:22 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#127  December 08, 2021, 02:27:09 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
#128  December 08, 2021, 03:37:04 am
:oops:
#129  February 03, 2022, 06:49:12 pm
#130  February 03, 2022, 06:53:55 pm
PSYCHO SHREDDER CRUSHER
#131  May 13, 2022, 08:31:07 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings

Finally, a reason to play Nick Smash Bros!
===My discord servers===

#132  May 13, 2022, 09:04:26 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

This is literally the only character I was holding on to see, before buying the game. And withouth any warning, she's here! :joyful

And with Hugh Neutron & Rocko coming as well, I see the devs are trying to reach some masterpiece territories. :c00l:
#133  May 14, 2022, 11:37:50 am
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
I can't believe I am would react to this but....

From my predications, I was so shocked to hear about these rumors. Jenny would be have the best potential to be DLC right now. Even though I do not mind seeing Hugh being added due to its meme-based addictions, I expect would be a very fun addition over Jimmy. As for Rocko, it should be very fun to see him being added to the game.
#134  May 15, 2022, 09:03:07 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
(slightly outdated video, as the mod currently reached it's version 3.0)

Can now confirm - the voice mod support for this game is as good as it can be! :2thumbsup:

With this pack, plus the mod that allows you to put multiple music files for each stage and UI screen, + other visual & quality-of-life changes, the PC modding community of NickBrawl truly manages to increase this game's charm by A LOT...! :c00l:
#135  June 06, 2022, 08:47:01 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
Official voice acting and items have been confirmed and dropped on everything but Switch literally everything today.

Below is a list of who voiced who, provided by the official Twitter account:

"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:31:27 pm by GarfieldfanMUGEN
#136  June 10, 2022, 09:24:51 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
and here's a list of all the changed voices and assumptions on why they were changed:

===My discord servers===

#137  June 10, 2022, 09:51:24 am
Interesting fact right there.
#138  July 27, 2023, 03:30:19 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

Are they SURE they want a sequel?
P.S.: I know, that I should've created a new thread for that, but come on. Is this really worth it?
Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 03:36:46 pm by Trololo
#139  July 27, 2023, 04:13:58 pm
Nickelodeon All Star Battle 2
#140  July 27, 2023, 05:25:52 pm
    • Brazil

The sequel nobody gives a shit about...
#141  July 27, 2023, 07:55:25 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Except me I guess ...

First game had potential, but it lacked a lot of content.
Now, with new gameplay, voice acting to boot AND A CAMPAIGN!? Heck yeah I'm hopefull.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#142  July 27, 2023, 11:00:29 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Seems they have an actual budget this time. It already looks quite a lot better.

Also good this isn't just a expansion pack and they're updating the whole game engine.
Nick Goes KOF
#143  August 05, 2023, 03:28:06 am
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com

TL,DW/Cliffs Notes Version
- Narrated by Hungrybox (Super Smash Bros. competitor)
- The game engine has been revamped!
- Introducing the Slime Meter, where you can perform...
* EX Moves (like King Of Fighters)
* Special Move Cancelling (like King Of Fighters)
* Emergency Evades (like King Of Fighters)
- ...yeah, Nick Brawl is going the way of SNK's King Of Fighters for their sequel

And Final Smashes. But you have to have three Slime Stocks to do so.
#144  August 05, 2023, 11:53:11 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ABJMtQxAY[/youtube]

TL,DW/Cliffs Notes Version
- Narrated by Hungrybox (Super Smash Bros. competitor)
- The game engine has been revamped!
- Introducing the Slime Meter, where you can perform...
* EX Moves (like King Of Fighters)
* Special Move Cancelling (like King Of Fighters)
* Emergency Evades (like King Of Fighters)
- ...yeah, Nick Brawl is going the way of SNK's King Of Fighters for their sequel

And Final Smashes. But you have to have three Slime Stocks to do so.

So we having KOF x Smash Bros x Nickelodeon now? I might just pick up......doubt it, but it sounds cool damnit!