YesNoOk

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl (Read 184785 times)

Started by walt, July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#61  July 24, 2021, 02:34:47 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
At least for me, Nickelodeon have always been more about the live action shows. Of course, the chances of having any live action characters on this is almost null.
#62  July 25, 2021, 04:30:25 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
I wonder if they'll include any live-action Nick shows.
#63  August 25, 2021, 12:08:47 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
2 new characters will be announced at Gamescom's Future Games Show (Thursday, August 26 at 3:00 p.m. CT)!

What are your bets? Mine are Shrek and Goku.
#64  August 25, 2021, 12:33:17 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I want Jenny or the Beavers, but it'll probably be someone we already know about from the boxart.  Speaking of which:  An official Twitter account for the game has popped up, with a banner that has new key art for some of the characters.  Superimpose that onto the silhouettes from the box, and it becomes much easier to figure out where one character starts and the other ends.

The only one I still can't suss out is the figure on the right side.  Looks to be human, likely female, with realistic proportions rather than overly-cartoonish ones.  The shape's just not ringing any bells, though.
#65  August 25, 2021, 02:02:54 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Gonna give this a shot but the female silhouette could be Brendar from The Barbarian and The Troll, a recently new series on Nick.  Got the hair down and looks like she is holding a weapon, maybe her axe out of sight.

The kick/legwear however does not seem to match even though Brendar does a similar kick in the show's intro.
Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:19:17 am by Kirishima
#66  August 25, 2021, 02:11:22 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I was still a bit skeptical in regards to the supposedly leaked cover art. But if the new artworks revealed indeed line up with the silhouettes, then that pretty much closes the question.

Which then makes it about... 5 new 'confirmed' characters? (6, if Ren and Stimpy end up being separate fighters)

With the recent teaser precisely highlighting 8 empty slots on the roster... Then yeah, the next announcement will most likely show 2 of the characters from that cover art. (...so no Jenny for now :/)

The only one I still can't suss out is the figure on the right side.  Looks to be human, likely female, with realistic proportions rather than overly-cartoonish ones.  The shape's just not ringing any bells, though.

I've seen some few people on the internet suggesting that it could be Dora the Explorer, with the recent movie design. Since then, it's the one that most sticks to my mind.
Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:33:20 am by NDSilva
#67  August 25, 2021, 02:41:42 am
    • USA
The best guess I could make would be Miko from Glitch Techs, but the hair doesn't look quite the right shape for it.
#68  August 25, 2021, 11:17:55 am
I think that these two characters might be confirmed tomorrow: CatDog and Aang.
#69  August 26, 2021, 06:05:22 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
For my hopes I would be My Life as a Teenage Robot's Jenny and Rocko's Modern Life's Rocko. As we seen from the cover article, that probably means if Catdog and Korra would made their reveal.

If there claimed they planned to get more DLC content, all I heard there were some fans predicted Hugh Neutron from franchise of Jimmy Neutron could make an another meme-addicted character as downloable content.    ;D
#70  August 26, 2021, 11:23:20 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

Holy shit!

Absolutely nobody predicted April! :O
Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:26:45 pm by NDSilva
#71  August 26, 2021, 11:25:47 pm
    • USA
Guess that solves the mystery of the last character on the box.  What a wild pick, especially right after they also announced playable April in that new TMNT beat 'em up yesterday.

I mean, I'm down.  April's always been cool in my book.
#72  August 26, 2021, 11:36:29 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
TMNT is gonna be the Mario series of the roster, isn't it?

Also alt costumes confirmed as seen with Lincoln in the Catdog trailer.
Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:43:27 pm by Kirishima
#73  August 26, 2021, 11:46:35 pm
    • USA
^ I mean, this only brings TMNT even with Spongebob at this point.  Based on what the devs have said about the selection process, Raph and Donnie aren't necessarily guarantees.

New Avatar stage with a Cabbage Merchant cameo:

Should've put it in the foreground so you can destroy the cart during the fight.  Missed opportunity.
#74  August 27, 2021, 12:07:51 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Huh.  CatDog has Minecraft Steve's minecart move.  Well, they wear their Smash inspiration on their sleeve after all, it's not that big a shock.  I was mostly hoping for X-J9 because Jenny most likely will be this game's Samus clone and I main Samus, so seeing something random like that isn't that wild.

Nothing against April, but I'm kinda surprised that the non-Turtle or villain TMNT pick wasn't Casey Jones.  The hockey jockey vigilante is pretty much made for goofy fights like these.

Wait, strike that about CatDog, upon closer inspection I think that's a stage hazard.  Whoops.
#75  August 27, 2021, 03:46:31 am
    • Brazil
TMNT is gonna be the Mario series of the roster, isn't it?
Honestly, ATLA would have been better as the Mario series of the roster, but it surprises me that no character from that series has showed up yet.
#76  August 27, 2021, 04:50:43 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I mean, hasn't shown outside the very obvious silhouettes, Ba Sing Se and the Harmonic Convergence we've already seen.  Aang and Korra are all but actually fully revealed by this point.

Now, of course, watch as the developers really put their claim of outlandish character choices to the test and it turns out the silhouettes are Jinora and Mai just to throw us all through a loop.
#77  August 27, 2021, 12:19:27 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
I am suprised to see Catdog revealed as the next character, alongside at first I thought we hinted it will be an live-action adaption of Dora.

^ I mean, this only brings TMNT even with Spongebob at this point.  Based on what the devs have said about the selection process, Raph and Donnie aren't necessarily guarantees.

New Avatar stage with a Cabbage Merchant cameo:

Should've put it in the foreground so you can destroy the cart during the fight.  Missed opportunity.

Then we still see they reveal at least three stages used for the Avatar series, that does mean they need to confirm if Toph or Zuko will make as an next represented character?
#78  August 27, 2021, 01:07:21 pm
CatDog was on my betting list and I got it.
April is one heck of a surprise.

Next one (hopefully) is Aang and Ren or Stimpy.
#79  August 27, 2021, 06:40:17 pm
    • Netherlands
I think/feel like they will likely reserve all avatar content for a big Avatar-focussed trailer. Aang and Korra are all but confirmed but I really hope we get Zuko in there too. Sokka is my fave but he will literally never get in over Katara or Toph lol.
#80  August 27, 2021, 07:10:00 pm
I think/feel like they will likely reserve all avatar content for a big Avatar-focussed trailer. Aang and Korra are all but confirmed but I really hope we get Zuko in there too. Sokka is my fave but he will literally never get in over Katara or Toph lol.

Expecting to be assists or helpers. Just like what they did to CN Explosion Punch.