YesNoOk

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Cross-Play) Switch, Xbox One, and PC (Read 417012 times)

Started by yaret, January 19, 2019, 02:24:35 pm
Share this topic:
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Cross-Play) Switch, Xbox One, and PC
#1  January 19, 2019, 02:24:35 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com

$39.99 which contains the full game download, Season One Pass (which will include three new characters, their Arcade story, and a new warrior skin)

• 25 Years of Rangers – Generations of Power Rangers collide across the multiverse’s 25-year history. Experience authentic but re-imagined Power Rangers battle sequences like never before.

• No More Quarter Circles – Gone are overly complicated command inputs or long patterns. In this easy to learn, hard to master game, the depth is knowing when to strike, not how.

• Compete Online – Play against your friends or test your skills against live players from around the world. Participate in online tournaments and missions throughout the year. This live game always offers something new.

Cross-Play and Cross-Progression  :muttrox: – Matchmaking is made easy as players on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC can compete in the same pool. Swap platforms and your mission progression comes with you.
Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 02:39:33 pm by yaret

lui

Re: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Cross-Play) Switch, Xbox One, and PC
#2  January 19, 2019, 05:30:18 pm
    • USA
In addition to that, the likes of Justin Wong and other esports players are helping this game in terms of balance.

According to one of the main devs of the game, the game is a tag-team based fighter, with direct comparisions being placed towards the likes of MVC and DBFZ.

sources: https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/1086042828528996353

https://twitter.com/Jesse_Cherry/status/1086081662541164544

https://twitter.com/shadowpiper/status/1086159469912809474

also it's cross platform play across every platform except ps4 (lol cmon sony)

Lord Drakkon confirmed right off the bat, hopefully this means they'll dive into the more expanded stuff from the comics

Screenshots:

Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:32:45 pm by Walruslui
#3  January 19, 2019, 06:08:41 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, something tells me it is going to have the same guidelines just like the mobile game, which also makes me wonder if they will include the guest fighters as well...
#4  January 19, 2019, 06:20:13 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
• No More Quarter Circles – Gone are overly complicated command inputs or long patterns. In this easy to learn, hard to master game, the depth is knowing when to strike, not how.

Are gamers really put off by this? Cause I've met people who hate fighting games not because of command inputs.

I've got friends back in college to play MVC2 who've never played fighting games and it was their first entry. I couldn't get them into Guilty Gear though.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#5  January 20, 2019, 01:37:25 am
Games with deep systems and combos with strict timing etc. does seem to scare a lot of newcomers.

This game seems to be made by the same people who did the mobile game.
Really didn't like that because of the pay 2 win and massive grinding to level you characters.
#6  January 20, 2019, 02:40:35 am
    • Brazil

lui

#7  January 20, 2019, 03:27:06 am
    • USA
It's a 20 dollar game. I think it's more than okay to have visuals that are decent for that price. Hell the deluxe edition is cheaper than most games at base price.

It's not meant to be super high budget or triple a, from what I've seen they're just trying to aim for the game to be fun and are comparing the game gameplay wise to MVC.

#8  January 20, 2019, 03:33:03 am
    • Brazil
Well, then I hope its actually fun, then, its good to see another tag game spit on MvC:I for the crap it was.
#9  January 20, 2019, 04:16:22 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah cause the mobile game is pretty fun in its own right.
#10  January 20, 2019, 04:44:12 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11  January 20, 2019, 03:01:58 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Nevermind the specifics. Let's just see how the game turns out.
#12  January 21, 2019, 11:07:14 pm
#13  January 21, 2019, 11:12:01 pm
    • Brazil
I agree. Even if we don't have pay 2 win elements and stuff like that, you never know what to expect from companies these days, specially when they were involved with the Mobile market. I hope this game is just a fighting game about Power Rangers, but its undeniable that abuse of microtransactions is a possibility.

lui

#14  January 21, 2019, 11:26:59 pm
    • USA
already confirmed to not have p2w microtransactions or any f2p elements
#15  January 21, 2019, 11:27:46 pm
    • Brazil
#16  January 22, 2019, 12:01:03 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i hope this game will have some villains to play as
#17  January 22, 2019, 02:55:07 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#18  January 22, 2019, 03:15:36 am
    • Brazil
I think he meant villains that don't look like Power Rangers, like Lord Zedd, Rita and others like them.
#19  January 22, 2019, 04:39:43 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
In the mobile game, there are lots of villians to play with, even some from the new ranger series. The question is though, how many are in the base game though.....?
#20  January 22, 2019, 04:47:47 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I wonder how accessible this would be as per required lore knowledge to make heads or tails of the characters.  Because I fondly recall the original series, up to somewhere around the Green Ranger gets introduced, turns into the White Ranger, and they defeat Ivan Ooze.  Literally everything of the decade+ beyond that is a mystery to me, and not something I'm particularly interested in delving into again.  I just enjoyed the original back when it was new and the turnout that was Jason Frank thanks to the show's influence.

For example, why is the Yellow Ranger a pirate who misunderstands the concept of a whip blade?
Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:50:49 am by Long John Killer