YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 729759 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1  March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:07:48 am by GTOAkira
Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#2  March 09, 2018, 12:26:49 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i guess they're starting over? the rumors say that it'll have the wii u and 3ds content meaning all the stages exclusively on the wii u and 3ds will be here

but aside from that i'm very excited for this

we finally get to see link in his different attire, mainly the breath of the wild attire
#3  March 09, 2018, 12:30:50 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Argh, someone beat me in making the thread about the game.

Anyway, it was at least three years ever since the last entry. Seems to be the right time to announce the game.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4  March 09, 2018, 12:37:18 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I posted this in the Nintendo news thread, but just repeating here since we have an actual thread to discuss it in now.

So since we know BotW Link is in this game, time to speculate.  Would it be worth losing the older Twilight Princess Link for this one?  I feel if it's just a skin, it would not do the character justice, especially as the new outfit's not exactly iconic, you try to lose it ASAP in the game for better gear.  Plus previous Link equipment doesn't carry over to the new Link at all.

I'd rather they make him a new character with a new movepool.  Name him Link, rename the old one we've had thus far to something else (Hero of Time could work, maybe, since BotW is the only time in-game they mention him being canonically called Link?  Though then you have all the manga and other sources that state otherwise, of course).  Then you can really apply BotW's new mechanics into Smash, with the breakable limited time weapons a la Robin in Smash 4 and all the little tricks that tablet can do like blocks of ice and time stopping.

Another issue arises with BotW Link becoming the default one though; what do we do with Ganondorf?  He does not have a human form in BotW.  We've been stuck with TP Link just so Ganon had a matching counter-part, but now what?  I would greatly enjoy a what-if new design for human Ganon like we got with Sheik getting a Twilight Princess design, but that may be asking for too much.
#5  March 09, 2018, 12:39:07 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Marth is at the center of the logo with what appears to be Toon Link next to him.  Feminine figure next to Bowser and Kirby is either Peach or Zelda.

There was a leak about this that name dropped the Inklings and also claimed Ice Climbers will also be featured.
#6  March 09, 2018, 12:43:45 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
ganondorf will return in his hyrule warriors attire soon
#7  March 09, 2018, 12:48:58 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

E3 cant come fast enough.
#8  March 09, 2018, 12:51:40 am
    • USA
Ugh, please, I hope not.  That thing was so doofy looking, with that mane.  Reminds me of SFV's Akuma.

The more I look at that silhouette of Samus the more I see Smash 4's Other M appearance, rather than Samus Returns.  Or at least some mash-up of Brawl's Prime interpretation and whatever additions they'll have in store for Prime 4.

Oh well.  It would be the quick answer to just use Smash 4's model, I suppose.  Well, I hope they at least lose the ridiculous jet heels for Zero Suit.  I'm not going to hold onto hope for Ridley, when they were so set against him appearing, but at least some touch-ups to make the slim Metroid representation better.
Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:54:41 am by Long John Killer
#9  March 09, 2018, 12:56:55 am
    • Mexico
Glad about a new Smash coming. Hope I can get to buy a Switch this year.
Given that Link is using his BOTW attire, what could be more likely: a port with some character redesigns or a brand-new game? There's no Bandai-Namco or any third-party names in the trademarks, so I'm a bit curious on it.
#10  March 09, 2018, 12:57:23 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Ugh, please, I hope not.  That thing was so doofy looking, with that mane.  Reminds me of SFV's Akuma.

The more I look at that silhouette of Samus the more I see Smash 4's Other M appearance, rather than Samus Returns.  Or at least some mash-up of Brawl's Prime interpretation and whatever additions they'll have in store for Prime 4.

Oh well.  It would be the quick answer to just use Smash 4's model, I suppose.  Well, I hope they at least lose the ridiculous jet heels for Zero Suit.  I'm not going to hold onto hope for Ridley, when they were so set against him appearing, but at least some touch-ups to make the slim Metroid representation better.

yeah, i'm hoping to see which pokemon will be here and which won't

probably pikachu will be here from the look of the silhouette group
#11  March 09, 2018, 01:01:12 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Pac-Man better be in this installment!!!
#12  March 09, 2018, 01:02:56 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#13  March 09, 2018, 01:06:59 am
    • USA
I sincerely doubt you have any need to worry about Pikachu in relevance to ANYthing related to Pokémon.  Presume Charizard will be safe as well, considering its immense popularity as well.  We all assumed Jigglypuff was cut out last game, but it appears legacy matters more than relevance in some cases, as long as it doesn't break the game like Ice Climbers, so I'll just say for Jigglypuff she's going to be fine.  Apparently the one from the original anime has become relevant again in the Sun and Moon one anyways, so there's always that too.

I'm less certain on Greninja.  He had his time in the sun with the X/Y anime series really boosting his popularity, but that's done and done.  And it has no use in the latest games.  I could see Greninja getting the boot for Decidueye.
#14  March 09, 2018, 01:08:20 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#15  March 09, 2018, 01:29:09 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#16  March 09, 2018, 01:45:42 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
And the Smash wishlisting begins once again. :P  It's most likely going to be an enhanced edition of the Wii U release, so I wouldn't hold your breath for too much more content.  Maybe 4 or 5 new characters at best, I'd wager.

That being said, if they're not porting this one to 3DS too they have no excuse not to bring Ice Climbers back.  I wouldn't mind seeing Charizard go back to being Pokemon Trainer either.  Also literally anything more from the Mother series.  There's no chance of another Mother character, but at least they could bring back Fourside or New Pork City.
#17  March 09, 2018, 01:58:56 am
    • USA
I dunno about condensing Charizard back to Red and the others.  I felt splitting the character between three states just made it less fun to play overall.  It gets rid of Red, Squirtle and Ivysaur, sure, but there wasn't a whole lot to them to begin with.  I'd rather Charizard feel like a complete character, and maybe see about doing the same for the other two (Granted, that would fill the roster with even more Pokémon, but perhaps offset that by making them Blastoise and Venusaur instead?  Same general moveset concept, just larger.  Getting the original trio all in there would be a nice treat)

Ditto on more Mother though.  Paula would be fun with her frying pan and more devastating magic.
#18  March 09, 2018, 03:15:11 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I'm too hyped. I need to see MORE!!! MORE, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME, NINTENDO?!!!
#19  March 09, 2018, 12:41:17 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I already predicted before that there wouldn't be a Smash for Switch...
...but MAN! I'm glad I was wrong!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#20  March 09, 2018, 12:49:31 pm
when i saw the trailer i thought it was a parody and they were staring at some ku klux klan burning cross.
Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:52:34 pm by 地獄の花