YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 729792 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#41  March 10, 2018, 05:10:38 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#42  March 10, 2018, 05:33:12 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
it looks like zelda will have the same attire instead of the breath of the wild attire from the way she looks
#43  March 10, 2018, 05:41:10 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Zelda herself didn't actually do a whole heck of a lot related to combat in Breath of the Wild (Not that Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess had her do what Smash does with her.  Closest being OoT, just that she stole Link's magic he earned) so as far as she's concerned it's probably easy enough for them to just give her a skin for BotW, or the other way around should BotW be her new default look.

Still wondering what they'll do for Ganondorf should BotW be her default as well though.  Should Twilight Princess Zelda remain the default, though, at least he then could do the same.  Though that would be rather awkward, unless BotW Link is indeed a separate character from regular Link.
Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:46:03 am by Long John Killer
#44  March 10, 2018, 06:06:43 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Just bring Wolf back and it's all good for me. That's all who I wish for to return. If not... I don't give a damn cuz the announcement of this had sold me completely I decided to get a Switch later in the year.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#45  March 10, 2018, 07:44:22 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
The original twitter that image came from said those are his guesses not the actual confirmed characters there hence Zelda's silhouette not really matching the actual silhouette in that spot. I also don't think there is anyway Link would go to the BoTW design while Zelda doesn't Shiek, Wolf and Roy shows Sakurai has no problem with making changes to designs to keep series characters looking consistent to each other.
#46  March 10, 2018, 02:44:22 pm
Snake's never coming back.  Konami still owns the rights to Metal Gear and they only make pachinko machines and bad decisions now.

Konami fired 1 very expensive dude to save the company, which includes reviving Bomberman with 2 new games, making Yugioh playable again, doing shit with Castlevania and Zone of the Enders. These are actually good decisions viewed from a business standpoint.
But unpopular opinion, I guess.

It's not farfetched to see Snake in Smash again, although Simon Belmont would have been the better choice.
#47  March 10, 2018, 03:30:32 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
Snake's never coming back.  Konami still owns the rights to Metal Gear and they only make pachinko machines and bad decisions now.

Konami fired 1 very expensive dude to save the company, which includes reviving Bomberman with 2 new games, making Yugioh playable again, doing shit with Castlevania and Zone of the Enders. These are actually good decisions viewed from a business standpoint.

It's not farfetched to see Snake in Smash again, although Simon Belmont would have been the better choice.

HAHAHAHA try playing it now, also what about richter belmont  he'd be cool
this website is stupid
#48  March 10, 2018, 04:38:46 pm
  • (Formerly ShinRyoga)
  • Christian / Artist / INFP personality
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/ShinSamus
I'm really looking forward to this game.  :heart:

Honestly...I loved the last game so much, I don't mind at all if it is an upgraded WiiU+3DS version with new characters and modes added. It's by far the most balanced Smash game, and in my opinion the most fun entry in the series.

So long as it has a great online mode, I'll be happy.
(Also, maybe a stage creator similar to Mario Maker would be AMAZING)
Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:31:34 pm by AilynnMoore
#49  March 10, 2018, 07:17:37 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
It would be interesting to see if Cloud does return. Especially since S.E seems to be pushing Noctis a lot recently. Although the 7 remake is being worked on.

it'll also be interesting to see how Ganondorf is in this game. Will they add inspiration from BOTW and Hyrule Warriors? Although anything's better then being a Falcon clone i guess.

Another Xenoblade rep would be really cool. Question is from X or 2?
#50  March 10, 2018, 09:20:34 pm
HAHAHAHA try playing it now, also what about richter belmont  he'd be cool

Been playing since hayday, haven't stopped since.
But this topic isn't about Yugioh or Konami, so let's not go that way :)

And yeah, Richter would probably be the better choice if you would choose a Castlevania character.

Ganondorf als a Falcon clone has always bothered me, such iconic character wasted as a asset swap.
#51  March 10, 2018, 10:54:03 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
It would be interesting to see if Cloud does return. Especially since S.E seems to be pushing Noctis a lot recently. Although the 7 remake is being worked on.

it'll also be interesting to see how Ganondorf is in this game. Will they add inspiration from BOTW and Hyrule Warriors? Although anything's better then being a Falcon clone i guess.

Another Xenoblade rep would be really cool. Question is from X or 2?

I can see it being Rex rather than anyone else due to him having the most obvious potential like Shulk.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#52  March 11, 2018, 04:40:09 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Meh...

...Is Bomberman still a pipe dream or not? Yeah, Konami. But R WAS a Switch launcher... Doubting it though. Even then, best case scenario, they'll base him off that and even worse, not give him + explosions...
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:24:42 pm by MR. IBZS II
#53  March 13, 2018, 12:58:42 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Super Bomberman R was a good decision, though.
Fight me.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#54  March 15, 2018, 05:18:27 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
If we get a Konami rep, I'd imagine we'd likely see Bomberman over Snake again.
That said, I woudn't mind seeing Snake again.  I actually liked his kit in Brawl.
#55  March 15, 2018, 06:06:53 am
    • USA
I would imagine adding Snake would do nothing but help Konami's public image, which they desperately need.  They have the basic groundwork for the character already built thanks to Brawl, just update it, maybe throw some alternative skins like for MGSV and actual guns thanks to Bayonetta more or less throwing that "no guns" rule out the window.  Nothing that we know of that prevents them from having more than one rep, there's room for both Snake and Bomberman at this table.

Just like there's room for both Pac-Man and Klonoa.  Right, Bandai Namco?
#56  March 15, 2018, 06:35:47 am

Kojima's known as the lifeblood of the company, with the cancelled/rushed games and the release of games like Metal Gear Survive along with the fact that the future of the company being flat out uncertain I don't know if I can agree with all of this being good decisions. Now if it needed to be done in order to save the company then I can see what you mean but I haven't read anywhere that that's indeed the case.

Pretty sure we won't see Snake again, and I'm pretty much okay with not having guest characters at this point because I didn't particularly enjoy them last time around. Except for Sonic he's a natural fit into the game IMO
#57  March 15, 2018, 06:42:55 am
    • USA
I dunno, so long as they pertain to really large video games, I'm personally fairly open to more crossovers.  It's mainly a Nintendo all-star game, but the more the merrier.  But then I'm the weird one who's perfectly fine with them having Banjo-Kazooie over so long as it includes Master Chief. (I mean come on, you'll have playable Haloid.  How is that not cool?  Even if it is regulated to being 343's Chief with that scummy looking redesign...)

Though on the flip side, I'd rather they focus more on their first party characters that need to show before said guests.  Of all these possibilities from popular ports, I'd rather Waluigi as a joke character before Solaire or Dovahkiin or Crash Bandicoot as a serious contender.

Pertaining to the guest characters we already have though, it's been two games and I'd love for Sonic to be joined by Tails and Knuckles this time around.  If they're feeling generous Sonic can get Shadow and Silver skins, but just the main trio being in the game is good enough for me.  It was fine just being Sonic in Brawl, but I was genuinely surprised they skipped the opportunity for the other two in Smash 4, instead just dropping off some Mii costumes for them.  Surely it would have been time better spent than messing around with Lucina and Dark Pit?  Yeah, they required less effort, but the payoff would have been better
Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:01:43 am by Long John Killer
#58  March 15, 2018, 07:05:30 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
As long as Sonic is ostensibly a multi-platform character I don't want them to add anymore characters from his franchise but him as anything other than trophies and assists. If they want to add another Sega rep that's fine (and they have, although Bayo's pretty much a Nintendo character at this point), and there are plenty of avenues to take but I cannot in good conscience start wishlisting for Sonic characters to fill up roster spots.

No, not even him.

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#59  March 15, 2018, 07:18:52 am
    • USA
Typically that I could agree with, because it would get insane having everyone from a guest appearance from just one series show up.  It's like if now that we have Cloud that Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie and Sephiroth became mandatory.  But I feel this is a particularly special case.  Sonic has a unique relationship with Nintendo and Mario specifically, transitioning from rivalry to having crossover games multiple times now.  It would be one of the few times that it feels more out of place not getting special treatment than just having Sonic and calling it a day.

And don't hide it, we know you were thinking of how well Big the Cat would fit in Smash.
#60  March 15, 2018, 09:55:15 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
:( Travis when