EX commands (Read 1252 times)

Started by NecusX, February 20, 2020, 06:03:10 pm
Share this topic:
EX commands
#1  February 20, 2020, 06:03:10 pm
  • BOOM!
  • I'm a magen dade who knows how to code somewhat
    • USA
I've made a full function EX move but there is one thing that is wrong, that I can't make a command where I can do movements combinned with  two button inputs at the same time. Is there any other way to do this other than using command =, any help is appreciated.
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
Re: EX commands
#2  February 20, 2020, 06:17:22 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 A custom buffering systems can easily resolve this, which I would advise against using if you're an inexperienced coder since they usually require you to have a pretty good understanding of sing helper and variables/explod-based fake variables to even so much copypaste correctly, let alone develop. Those usually are very flexible in letting you define commands.

Otherwise, the only other suggestion is actually defining the command in the command list above statedef -1 while also messing around with time and buffering time to get it just right. Also, make sure you're not defining multiple separate commands in the trigger instead of the preferrable single command.
#3  February 21, 2020, 08:08:08 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Can't why? Keyboard doesn't let you. You don't know how to format it or you think you've done everything right and it doesn't work after that?

Normally this is easy. Command is something like

D, DF, F, a+b

And you just trigger off that making sure that changestate is above all single button presses of a or b.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  February 21, 2020, 10:13:36 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

If youre having trouble making the commands work, there's a common mess up.
As I mentioned, mugen is constantly searching statedef -1. It's also looking at button inputs to match against the command definitions. Because people arent super precise pressing buttons, Mugen gives us some leeway. While you may think you pressed F,D,DF, A, in reality you may have pressed, F,DF,D,DF,F, A. If you notice the first set of inputs is hidden inside the second set. Mugen lets that activate the command which will go down the line to the changestate. If both sets are actually a named command, both will be triggered in the order their listed.
Meaning if  F,D,DF, A  is above  F,DF,D,DF,F, A. Mugen checks it first to see if any ChangeStates with that name can be activated. If not, Mugen will check if any Changestates F,DF,D,DF,F, A. can activate.
The way to make sure you can do all of your moves properly is to make sure the most complex input commands are at the top Going a step further you'd need to make sure your most complex ChangeStates are at the top of the State Entry section. This isnt always the case but it's important and just good practice.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv