YesNoOk

Edward&Belmont Trusdale updated 8/2. Several others updated. see thread.(7/31/17 (Read 13558 times)

Started by Kamekaze, July 31, 2017, 11:57:08 pm
Share this topic:
Edward&Belmont Trusdale updated 8/2. Several others updated. see thread.(7/31/17
#1  July 31, 2017, 11:57:08 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

Edward changelog:
-Gale blades now destroy proj sctrls
-AI update

Belmont changelog:
-Dark shards treated as projectile on clash

Spoiler: Character changes (click to see content)

http://network.mugenguild.com/kamekaze/

This has been a very strange journey. I'm not sure how many of you are left from 2007 and before but in that year I did my first double release and while I was optimistic I had quite a few problems down the road. It got so bad that I flat out abandoned them for many years. But around 2010 I had an idea to remake One of them and I knew in order to do that I'd have to come up with a new moveset, which I did, and find some new voices, which I sorta did. You see I tried to voice act for the first time about 7 years ago and it was about as good as you'd imagine a first time VA sounds like. Which only made me abandon the idea again for many more years. Yet around 2015 I had the motivation to go for it again and this time I even had ideas for the other that involved a confusing amount of code that even I wonder how it works properly 99.5% of the time. I learned a lot about angles and how to apply them with the help of many people including but not limited to Bea, aokmaniac3, and others who's name escapes me right now. I have their thanks for helping me with the angle code you'll see happening with belmont's projectiles that he uses. I have poured more time into these two than anything in my life. They've been in the works longer than any relationship I've ever had and it's funny because I'm actually about to get married next year. They've outlived my old car and even been experimented with every new coding framework I've made. Which leads us to the final AI framework I'll ever make that they sport exclusively as of now. It's called spAIder and you can read more about it my wip thread if you care to. So even if the AI isn't up to par against certain people it's very easy to adjust to suit any future things I improve/add.

Simply put, I want all of you to witness and enjoy a product of 10 years for better or worse. They may not seem like it but I've put thought into every single detail they have and every attack they use. In the last 2 weeks especially I stayed up late nights ensuring they'd be ready before the end of this month because I couldn't break this last promise to release them In July of this fucking year!

tl:dr 10 years of work for these two. Lots of neat things. Hope you enjoy. K bye.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:19:19 pm by Kamekaze
Re: Edward&Belmont Trusdale Re-released. Several others updated. see thread.(7/31/17
#2  August 01, 2017, 12:25:09 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Story:
lol.
lol.
DL'ing now, along with a few other characters.

----
So far so fun! State 3000 shows "Counter" against my standing Ryu. Could be my char tho.
I Really like the "wind" special. I think my max combo is 9 right now.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:41:19 am by Odb718
Re: Edward&Belmont Trusdale Re-released. Several others updated. see thread.(7/31/17
#3  August 01, 2017, 12:43:06 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
May I ask what this "unblockable tech bug" was exactly?

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4  August 01, 2017, 12:46:32 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Story:
lol.
lol.
DL'ing now, along with a few other characters.

----
So far so fun! State 3000 shows "Counter" against my standing Ryu. Could be my char tho.
I Really like the "wind" special. I think my max combo is 9 right now.
I assume you're changing the direction of the wind while the tornado is out for maximum effect?
May I ask what this "unblockable tech bug" was exactly?
There was a bug in which even if you tech'd right the chars that were affected were able to hit you for an unblockable because you wouldn't have control yet to block.

#5  August 01, 2017, 01:03:15 am
Belmont' Start=Color Select doesn't disappear when you don't skip the intro between him and Edward.
Also Edward becomes invisible during his taunt.
Also you can't edit colors during Edward and Belmont's intro.
#6  August 01, 2017, 01:10:04 am
I watched the AI fight, man, they can do some really cool combos, good chars man, the only thing I feel is a tad cheap is that green saw, thing, it hits you on wake-up perfectly you cant even block it on wake up, and the dude continues to pummel you.
If that's how its supposed to be its cool though. I guess you're supposed to lay low until it ends.I like these  guys a lot.

Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:19:52 am by PeXXeR
#7  August 01, 2017, 01:21:15 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I watched the AI fight, man, they can do some really cool combos, good chars man, the only thing I feel is a tad cheap is that green saw, thing, it hits you on wake-up perfectly you cant even block it on wake up, and the dude continues to pummel you.
If that's how its supposed to be its cool though. I like these  guys a lot.

You can absolutely block it. You can invul attack through it too if you have a dp. It actually loses to a lot of things. You can also not quick rise and avoid it entirely.

Belmont' Start=Color Select doesn't disappear when you don't skip the intro between him and Edward.
Also Edward becomes invisible during his taunt.
Also you can't edit colors during Edward and Belmont's intro.
fixed. And yeah during custom intros I disable that because it interferes with the process. I'd either have to freeze both or disable it entirely and right now the latter was the path I chose.

#8  August 01, 2017, 01:21:47 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Nice to see these two guys in action again. Thanks for the update Kame. :)
#9  August 01, 2017, 01:24:30 am
Belmont's Supers cause some stuff to appear while in debug mode.
#10  August 01, 2017, 01:26:04 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

ROS

#11  August 01, 2017, 03:01:17 am
Edward's j.B seems to take meter for some reason. I can only get it to do it during the first round for me.
#12  August 01, 2017, 03:05:17 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
fixed. that was the only one I found so you should be good with everything else. Old carry overs from systems I didn't keep oopaww.
#13  August 01, 2017, 03:05:17 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Cool char so far I suppose (and I dig the spAIder concept). Found this tho (dunno who to blame):

#14  August 01, 2017, 03:06:28 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Cool char so far I suppose (and I dig the spAIder concept). Found this tho (dunno who to blame):

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/g0HFr_D6uvA[/YouTube]

It talks about this in his manual.htm. If you use down wind and the opponent is on the ground they are literally bound to the floor from the immense pressure of the wind. They can get up fine once its over.
#15  August 01, 2017, 03:10:26 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Huh.... that's kinda cool I guess...
#16  August 01, 2017, 03:19:56 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Well the idea is to use c galeblade and do some more fancy stuff. There's a ton to explore with both tbh. I literally had to come up with a new ai system jus so the ai could explore all of it eventually.

ROS

#17  August 01, 2017, 04:49:48 am

Not sure what happened here, but found it by accident trying to record a combo.
EDIT: Seems to be when you do Winds of Change: Away after the opponent falls out the Big Tornado.
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:55:05 am by Filthy Casual
#18  August 01, 2017, 04:59:22 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
fixed. In all of my testing I've never come across that one once lol.

Edit: the damage might be fixed but that appears to be a custom state issue. I'll look at it in roughly 8 hours I can't reproduce it after my fix from yesterday so yeah it's more than likely fixed.
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:01:30 pm by Kamekaze
#19  August 02, 2017, 04:52:40 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Edward updated. There was a couple things I forgot about. One being that his hitboxes change on his dive kicks depending on if the wind is blowing or not. The other being that his gale blade is meant to destroy any projectiles. That's been addressed.
#20  August 02, 2017, 11:09:28 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Not really ground breaking, but :
- Belmont sometimes changes palette between round 1 and round 2 (always coming back to his purple/red palette).
- In Watch mode, a debug flood may happen : "in state 190: can't map palette 1.1 to 1.16" (happens with 1.17 and 1.18 too, from what I saw).

Thanks for these very nice characters. Edward's wind system is a great idea, with great execution.