YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221655 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1601  May 18, 2020, 05:12:20 pm
Could IKEMEN GO's debug mode be updated to be more in line with MUGEN's? The latter displays a lot more information about the characters and prints out errors that wouldn't cause the engine to close, whereas the former doesn't.
you sure about that? ;)
https://i.imgur.com/LM5bZ7C.png

1. The stTag in the Def does not load
it works as intended. Please read the updated wiki article: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#misc_tag

Outside of KFM you cannot choose the same character (same DEF file) in Tag or the game won't load. I've tested this by duplicating one character and changing the DEF filename and iit loaded.
If you're reporting issue please always make sure that it can be reliably reproduced in game and provide detailed steps how to do it. I've spent quite some time trying to reproduce it based on your vague description and didn't menage to do it. Also please use proper topic for reporting bugs: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-go-bug-reports-and-know-bugs-187803.0.html

Is there a way to skip straight to one mode after leaving names blank like Arcade and the Co-Op modes?
no, unless you add such feature in lua files yourself, since it's not implemented currently outside main menu.

Has anyone nailed down a way to do native/ 4 players on this version of ikemen yet? Me and friend were trying it out but no avail at the moment.
4 players are not supported

Sorry for my English. In the new version there is no continue screen?

some way to put the old continue scren?
yes, all screenpack parameters used for that SFA2 continue screen with counter are still fully usable. You need to add them to screenpack yourself though. Keep in mind that they are not docummented yet (you can find thier names in motif.lua, if you really want to use them now).
Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:24:30 pm by K4thos
#1602  May 18, 2020, 05:21:05 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
#1603  May 22, 2020, 01:01:15 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Hi, could you guys please explain what are "Draw Order" and "Red life" and an simple example of how to use them?
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1604  May 22, 2020, 04:50:11 pm
  • This is good... isn't it?
    • USA
Hi, it's been a while since I've done much with mugen and its exciting to see the progress that been happening with this engine. I noticed that a Story Mode is in the works and I was curious on the progress of that function. I am still kind of figuring out the ins and outs of the engine so far and I would love to help make this function a reality.
#1605  May 28, 2020, 09:25:24 pm
    • Greece
Would you consider to add teamates option at the background during ratio and turns modes like the king of fighters. Perhaps animations for lose, win and idle stance during match with scale and position options at the stage.def with those options you can add your teamates to whatever stage you want during match.
#1606  May 31, 2020, 07:19:18 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Info about red life is included in the Ikemen GO docs:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki

Would you consider to add teamates option at the background during ratio and turns modes like the king of fighters. Perhaps animations for lose, win and idle stance during match with scale and position options at the stage.def with those options you can add your teamates to whatever stage you want during match.

The default tag is made to be barebones as posible to serve as a base.
But it's editable, we could add stage constants to help with this but we can not include it in default one.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1607  May 31, 2020, 08:22:21 pm
    • Greece
#1608  June 06, 2020, 02:40:25 am
  • MUGEN NEVER DIE
    • Brazil
My Ikemen Go with code modification to look like kof 2002/2002 UM

Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 02:45:38 am by lokke
#1609  June 06, 2020, 04:02:20 am
    • USA
#1610  June 12, 2020, 08:19:49 am
  • I do things...I guess.
    • Mexico
My Ikemen Go with code modification to look like kof 2002/2002 UM

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doiwx9E6I2M[/youtube]

How did you code the Order Select? I'm curious to know because this might be useful for my KOF project.

If you can tell me I'd be thankful!
#1611  June 14, 2020, 06:39:30 am
    • Russia
Hello everyone! I am very glad that MUGEN|IKEMEN project is evolving. I`ve checked some posts on forum and it is mainly about graphics and logic of engine. I thinking about making an original game using IKEMEN but the problem is that online features is bad implemented. I just want 2 things from IKEMEN - gamepad/arcade stick support and good online features like ggpo implementation. I dont care actually about all other features because they are implemented good in original MUGEN 1.0. So there is a question - will be normal online play implemented anytime soon like ggpo? The problem is that there is no other 2d fighting game engine and using Unity or UnrealEngine is a pain to make a fighting game with. Thanks in advance!
#1612  June 15, 2020, 01:39:18 am
    • USA
I tried to use the AX2 screenpack with my IKEMEN, and when I try to run it, it just does not open, can someone help me?
#1613  June 16, 2020, 03:04:22 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I tried to use the AX2 screenpack with my IKEMEN, and when I try to run it, it just does not open, can someone help me?
The solution is simple, you have to import the screenpack:
- Copy and paste sytem.sff and system.snd into IKEMEN screenpack.
- Open the IKEMEN and old screenpack's system.def.
- Copy and paste the information from the old system.def into the new one (IKEMEN's). After all, IKEMEN has new required info, and that's it.
If you have no idea how to edit screenpacks, you'll need to learn the basics to do this though.

Guardbar and Stunbar test

If you know how to code lifebars, then you automatically know how to use all the new features as they follow the MUGEN language standard.
It is now possible to have lifebars with almost the same functions as ADD004 ones, with the exception of multiple layers for announcer animations, first attack and counter.
There is still some problem with rendering the announcer animations, most evident in the broken white outlines of roundx.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1614  June 17, 2020, 06:46:52 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
Ikemen Go will not open no matter what I do, I even ran it on compatibility mode and it still wont launch whatsoever. no error message or nothing!!
#1615  June 17, 2020, 07:02:05 pm
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
The solution is simple, you have to import the screenpack:

That is not necessary to open a mugen screenpack, mugen screenpacks should work without doing that, it will only not show Ikemen Go features or options in the Options menu.
What you describe is if someone wants to use Ikemen Go Features in a Mugen screenpack, which is pretty much recommendable since the intention of moving from Mugen to Ikemen GO is using all the features.
Now if OP is talking of Ikemen vanilla, yes, you have to port the screenpack.

The best option is to check Ikemen Go log file. Also, test a clean install to confirm if the PC can run Ikemen Go.

Ikemen Go will not open no matter what I do, I even ran it on compatibility mode, and it still won't launch whatsoever. no error message or nothing!!

Make this kind of report as if you were reporting bugs for a commercial game. Put your system hardware,(CPU,GPU,RAM) then your OS.(for example windows 7 SP1).

Ikemen Go needs a GPU that supports OPENGL 2.0,  default windows drivers for GPUs are not updated and you should install the official driver from the vendor website.
#1616  June 17, 2020, 07:32:48 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
updated my drivers and it still didnt work. I look up my GPU and it supports that version of OPENGL. Should I download the GO program and see if that helps?
Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:40:55 pm by Carlosman668
#1617  June 17, 2020, 07:54:03 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Have you tried running it from CMD aswell?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1618  June 18, 2020, 06:17:55 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Carlosman668
I got the fix for IKEMEN GO but when I installed ADD004 for it, do I still have to patch the characters for the game? Does anyone know how to fix the Vsync for the game?
#1619  June 18, 2020, 03:35:22 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
You don't need the patch as long as your characters don't have their own stcommon/common1.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1620  June 20, 2020, 10:17:47 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
VSync settings is inside the config.json inside the save folder.
To disable it set it to 0 to enable it set it to 1.

You don't need the patch as long as your characters don't have their own stcommon/common1.
And even when they use their own common1 you only have to modify 2 lines of code inside the charater def file.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:21:44 pm by Gacel