YesNoOk

MUGEN on TV (Read 7008 times)

Started by Okamigen108, January 07, 2021, 06:44:53 am
Share this topic:
MUGEN on TV
#1  January 07, 2021, 06:44:53 am
    • Austria
Hello. Before I start I want you to know, that my English is not good and I apologize in before for mispelling and such.

Some Time ago me and my Girlfriend moved together. Because the Space got smaller I had to give up my PC Monitor and Combine my PC to my TV (Size 3480 x 2160). After this Time I wanted to go back to play Mugen. Problem now is the Fullscreen Mode. While my Mugen is 1.0 and 640x480 (which I used for years) and If I use Fullscreen, everything looks a bit darker. I tried everything about the Size, but I couldn´t find the answer by myself.

I even started thinking about Mugen 1.1 and with 1280 x 720 size, which it looks better. My biggest Issue here is, that I ignored Mugen 1.1 for so long, that I don´t know the Problems from switching from 1.0 to 1.1.
The Things I know are: that some Characters and Stages can look "ugly" with the Colors and that I can "stretch the stages, so It looks kinda weird.

I thank in advance for any adivce.
Re: MUGEN on TV
#2  January 11, 2021, 01:27:49 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
You coul try using 2880x2160 as your fullscreen resolution and disable "StageFit" in options to keep the 4:3 ratio you used and avoid the "streching" some stages could have.
I have never heard about the colours getting messed up. The colour pallete should look the same.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#3  January 11, 2021, 07:53:40 pm
    • Austria
You coul try using 2880x2160 as your fullscreen resolution and disable "StageFit" in options to keep the 4:3 ratio you used and avoid the "streching" some stages could have.
I have never heard about the colours getting messed up. The colour pallete should look the same.

Well if I change the Size, the Screenpack becomes too huge. Also I couldn´t find Stagefit in Mugen 1.0 (where my primary Problem is)

With the Colour Messing up, I meant like this:
#4  January 14, 2021, 09:04:56 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
this color issue seems to be from using specific wrong shaders. That, or the palette from Captain Commando is badly indexed.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#5  January 14, 2021, 09:34:40 pm
    • Austria
this color issue seems to be from using specific wrong shaders. That, or the palette from Captain Commando is badly indexed.

Is there a way to correct it, or is it easier just change the setting?
Like if I change the Button Setting, which this Mess up happens. Example: the X Button is connected to the Failed Shader and I want to change it that X and A Button have the Same Shader?
#6  January 15, 2021, 01:21:29 pm

Is there a way to correct it, or is it easier just change the setting?
Like if I change the Button Setting, which this Mess up happens. Example: the X Button is connected to the Failed Shader and I want to change it that X and A Button have the Same Shader?

use this one, all configured for widescreen..
and don't full screen by using max window, but USE ALT+Enter key!

#7  January 18, 2021, 07:50:23 pm
    • Austria
Thank you Beterhans.