YesNoOk

Simul Mode..do you like? (Read 16692 times)

Started by Jessy, May 19, 2008, 05:03:27 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Do you like it? yes? no ?why?

yes why?
17 (50%)
no.why?I want disable it.
10 (29.4%)
I don't care
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Simul Mode..do you like?
#1  May 19, 2008, 05:03:27 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
You know, the simul mode.
I can say, is funny, but sometimes a rumble ::)..is a quick match mode..is cheap (I don't know if the juggles is shared..will be better)...
for me is better a tag or one on one mode, is more strategic and serious.
ah, other bad thing is...if each player had independent power bar would be better...I played in that when I started to met mugen, when I only use keyboard....
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
Re: Simul Mode..do you like?
#2  May 19, 2008, 06:12:31 pm
  • SNK is life
I don't use Simul mode because charas are glitchy. Not to mention the only way you can feel actually superior if you beat 2 on 1, is if both characters' AI is good. Otherwise it's just like pulling off combos with double the hits, and no challenge.
#3  May 19, 2008, 07:12:56 pm
Can't stand it. It's bad and it makes me feel bad. Shame mugen never got a proper tag mode.
#4  May 19, 2008, 07:40:50 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
i can't say i like it. i can't say don't like it either.

I like the concept. i used to play Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha on arcades on "dramatic mode", which is essentialy, what simul mode is. it is a good twist on the relationship between a player and the CPU. CPU is no longer the enemy, but an ally.

but the way Elecbyte implemented it leaves a lot to desire (even considering that MUGEN is still on beta stage).

my first problem is purely design: having it under "team mode". Altough i can picture ocasions where i would use a "2 Vs 4-in-a-row" in gameplay, none of it would actually work as "core gamplay" as it is (meaning, having a whole series of 8+ fights in the same way). also, it would work better as "1 vs  4-in-a-row", since you are the "hero" and heroes should always face disadvantages. the only way i can see a "2VsTeam" work is if its "2Vs4-dous-in-a-row." try to think of classic KOF teams, but 2 guys at once in each fight (making a total of 8 characters per team).  to have Simul under team also means you can't deactivate the other Team modes, without deactivating Simul. Also, its been quite the rule on game design that "the less menus you have, the better".

my other problem is on gameplay: Elecbyte did not add anything special to it. Kung Fu man does not have anything special that happens only on simul mode. sure, you can code stuff to work only on simul, but it will mostly be if you are interested or not.there is not a focus on "simul mode" gameplay and how it should work. its like "code a char for arcade then fix the bugs that appears.this is simul mode gameplay". the lack of "human p3" and "human p4" also affects it deeply.

my 3rd and final problem are the endings: as Simul mode does not have them, it uses the same ending as arcade. which sucks, because sometimes you might do an ending that only make sense on a 1 on 1 fight context. also, it makes Simul mode a "cheat mode" since all you need to do is to pick the char, have "omega tom hanks" or other invencible char as a partner, and do nothing. OTH will kill everyone for you and you will get it. the endings are supposed to be a reward, that you earn after beating everyone. the first reward the game will give you. but mugen makes it uselles, since you don't need to fight for it. just pick the right guy as partner and roll.

Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:49:50 pm by Tony 3rd
#5  May 19, 2008, 07:43:59 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Only 1 vs 2 or turns. :P
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#6  May 19, 2008, 07:54:16 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
1v2 is sometimes fun, and having the option to choose Simul in Mugen is always better than being stuck with 1 on 1 fights.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#7  May 19, 2008, 10:04:18 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
simul is like the only mode i really use anymore. i like doing double hits and stuff, plus i just like it

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#8  May 19, 2008, 10:08:58 pm
I'm sucked by arcade most of the times I play MUGEN if not always
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#9  May 19, 2008, 11:18:19 pm
    • USA
I like simul because I can play arcade mode with a pal, a human pal  ;P

otherwise one of us would have to look at how the other plays and get bored until his turn comes in >_>
#10  May 19, 2008, 11:24:11 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
I'll take team turns over simul anyday.
#11  May 19, 2008, 11:40:09 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I haven't played simul mode in months.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#12  May 20, 2008, 12:02:43 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
I like 1 vs 2 in simul mode when there are alot of grabs involved.

Also simul mode is fun to actually use characters in combination with each other. For example one person sets up someone in the air and the other slams them down.

Simul mode is great fun but it is not as unpredictable as turns when you switch the starting character on the opponent last minute. Personally I like simul survival.
#13  May 20, 2008, 03:07:04 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
I think it has potential, but with the engine's coding as limited as it is now, there isn't much you can do with it.

^^

#14  May 20, 2008, 06:46:41 am
I only used it to watch CPU match and team co-op with my friend
#15  May 20, 2008, 07:00:18 am
I don't like simul mode, but I guess it's one of those things that you can mess around with when you're sick of the 1 v 1.

Also, I think it could be fun when you have a friend, and you fight CPU together or something. Too bad none of my friends play 2D fighters.
#16  May 20, 2008, 10:25:43 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It's fun only if you have a friend to play with, and you want to mash buttons together. Otherwise, it's broken as hell.
#17  May 20, 2008, 10:51:18 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Simul is the most broken concept ever.
#18  May 20, 2008, 11:15:47 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
#19  May 20, 2008, 11:17:59 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You're not supposed to play against a friend in that mode, and AI's don't know how to abuse it against you, so who cares if it's broken.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#20  May 21, 2008, 01:15:35 am
  • SNK is life
Simul is the most broken concept ever.
Yes. Dramatic Battle in SFA3 gave handicaps: 1 VS 2 = Lower AI. That sucks!

I was kicking Cammys out of the ring as if they were Kirbys and I was using the Hammer in SSB.
That's the best concept a company could come up with in those circumstances? They shouldda come up with AI routines to really Team up, instead of having 2 punching bags.
#21  May 24, 2008, 06:22:32 pm
i like it a lot and i use it many times.
#22  May 25, 2008, 08:12:09 am
  • Semper Fortis
    • www.shwayspot.krptkafe.com
Team turns is fun and good for playing against a human or computer.
2v2 is just a crazy mess and only fun if it's one human on each team (Some times)
1v2 survival is what I play the most atm until I get my arcade mode set up good :)

that's my 2(er...3?) cents!
Button Mashing? No, never! I call it Tactical Illogical Button Combinations. TIB-C
Need to mix up your roster?
#23  May 25, 2008, 11:07:29 pm
  • DAT SAX
No, it makes me fix dumb shit in my characters that otherwise works fine in single. >:|

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#24  May 25, 2008, 11:23:53 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
x2
#25  May 25, 2008, 11:24:39 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
x3
#26  May 25, 2008, 11:44:19 pm
  • much love to r. kelly
No, I seldom play it(if at all) for shits and giggles considering how broken it is.

One-on-ones=Better results.

#27  June 01, 2008, 08:04:16 pm
  • Do-Not-Disturb B**th!!!
    • home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&MyToken=9edb7f18-5d0f-4480-9deb-9759c29b5fab
It's pretty cool I guess.  It adds a twist and if you're on a stage that is'nt tall, it can be pretty fun.:sugoi:

Only the Avatar, master of all 4 elements, could stop the mugen cheapies, but when mugen needed him most, he vanished.

3 Years passed and now his W.I.P has returned, and although his airbending skills are great, he has alot to learn.

But I think that, with my help, Aang can save Mugen...
#28  February 07, 2023, 03:43:40 pm
  • I'm Just Dude
    • USA
I hate to say it. I kinda like Simul cuz I don't feel bored in "Watch" Mode XD
Real reason I'm Called "Dude" Cuz I watched Regular Show WOOOOOOAHH