YesNoOk

wrestling (Read 2231547 times)

Started by Titiln, August 28, 2007, 08:49:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: wrestling
#13381  June 07, 2021, 04:48:56 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
So AEW just signed a recently released name from the E.

So, I dunno how this is gonna work out.  I feel like it's too early to get this one on board unless they got a long-term roadmap planned and if he is willing to cooperate (supposedly backstage rumors tells how he wants creative control straight down to how he loses).  But at least this gives Vickie Guerrero something to do while Nyla works her way back to the title picture.

Spoiler: Meanwhile in NJPW Dominion (click to see content)
#13382  August 01, 2021, 07:06:22 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
#13383  August 02, 2021, 04:38:26 am
And this solidifies that no one is safe in the Big Dub aside from the Reigns and the Flairs and the Lynch couple.  The fact this just happened out of the blue is insane.
#13384  August 02, 2021, 08:24:21 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#13385  August 02, 2021, 08:53:01 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#13386  August 03, 2021, 05:19:35 am
#13387  August 05, 2021, 11:47:33 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Just found out Bobby Eaton passed away and I'm heartbroken. Anybody with any love for tag team wrestling will tell you the Midnight Express were two of the greatest to ever do it, and if you've never seen a match of theirs I implore you to look one up.

RIP Beautiful Bobby
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#13388  August 21, 2021, 09:40:09 pm

LOOK IN MY EEEYYYEEEESSZZZ
#13389  August 21, 2021, 09:54:27 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I saw it live and it was beautiful, that's one of the biggest pop I've ever seen, it gives me chills even after seeing it again ;D

Oh damn, I'm gonna replay with SeanAlty version for MUGEN right now

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

GLB

#13390  September 14, 2021, 11:29:01 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Definitely an amazing moment. AEWs product right now is so good its almost unbelievable, theres almost too much going on.
#13391  September 15, 2021, 04:38:50 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

Yes ladies and gentlemen there is in fact a second generation Steiner.
#13392  September 15, 2021, 05:06:15 am
Why is this guy named after a rejected Slammasters character?
#13393  November 05, 2021, 05:52:06 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
#13394  November 05, 2021, 07:16:05 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
My current favorite WWE wrestler was Keith Lee. This may have actually been the last straw for me. I rarely buy merch for wrestlers and in the last 10 years the only merch I've bought was for Bryan Danielson, Mustafa Ali, Mia Yim, Johnny Gargano, Keith Lee, Tommaso Ciampa and Samoa Joe. Danielson is in AEW, Ali loses every week and is looking to start a Mohammad Hassan style "you hate me because I'm Muslim" gimmick, Mia just got released despite her personal story being a slam dunk for PR, Gargano's contract is up soon, Keith Lee just got released and could have been a megastar, Ciampa is the current NXT champ but has been clear that he'd rather be fired than go to the main roster, and Joe got released, rehired and then taken off TV and clearly has no future in WWE.

It's impossible to get behind new stars in this company. They report record profits, release 100 people and then trot Goldberg out twice a year to ruin title runs. They pay Brock Lesnar to suplex people 10 times a match and then lie down or beat someone who could have used the rub. They had one reliably watchable weekly show (NXT) that they gutted, rebranded and ruined with goofy, 90's gimmicky bullshit. They drafted Hit Row to the main roster, had them all sign new main roster contracts, and then released one of them a week later. It makes no sense.

I honestly don't get in anymore.

Download Last Bout now!
#13395  November 06, 2021, 12:06:26 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
That's why I am more invested in AEW lately....things are a bit rough, but at least there is a reason for me to give a damn about them. I am jaded by WWE that honestly if they end up releasing somebody like Charlotte, I won't be shocked.

Edit: OK NXT had some issues but at least the show was good enough to be considered a genuine alternative to the current version which is good but might fall short on setting the bar, the former version has. WWE has their own 'perfect' strategy and the releases just prove them.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:10:04 pm by Segatron
#13396  November 06, 2021, 04:30:09 pm
Meanwhile we are still in the middle of a best of 100 series between New Day and Usos because why why why why
Ali loses every week and is looking to start a Mohammad Hassan style "you hate me because I'm Muslim" gimmick
I believe Ali once said he will attempt to not resort to this kind of promo, but it seems he has little to no options left for TV time that doesn't including Main Event.  He can work as a great mid-carder, even elevate the US title, but this gimmick is what the higher ups really think of him.  I would say he should not renew his contract, but then again what is he gonna bring for other wrestling promotions?

Also, Ring of Honor just died with every talent being released and is in a middle of reconstruction but time will tell if it may even be the same.
#13397  November 06, 2021, 05:23:51 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Do you know how there was that one storyline where Vince brought the NWO to WWE because Vince would rather kill his own creation rather than let someone like Ric Flair take it over? I can’t help but think that might be happening in real life, in case anybody’s trying to take over/buy the company.

That, or Vince just agreed to hire all this indie talent so they’d be stuck putting over the people he actually wants to be at the top of the company every week.

Regardless, I hope someone does end up taking over the company and throws Vince, Johnny Ace, Bruce, and Nick Khan out the airlock, because it’s becoming incredibly hard to care about anything that’s going on in the company right now, even with Big E as champion, Woods as King of the Ring, Edge’s return, etc.

Naomi, Shayna, and Sonya are stuck in another rehash of the Austin/Vince “heel authority figure tries to screw over the face because of reasons” they’ve been trying to do for years, which has never really worked out that well (except maybe for Vickie Guerrero and Paul Heyman) and pretty much sank the ECW revival because Vince made himself the only champion on the brand for 2 months and then Lashley forfeited the title to join Raw after he finally beat Vince for it, making it pointless (I think Punk becoming champion and Christian’s return were what kept the brand afloat for as long as it did),

they have main event caliber talent such as Drew Gulak, Ali, Owens, Styles, Nakamura, Cesaro, Ricochet, War Machine, Chad Gable, Dolph, Bobby Roode, etc. stuck in undercard/tag team purgatory (in fact, Styles and Nakamura are probably on their way out of the company when they split from Omos and Rick Boogs, respectively),

they seemingly flat out refuse to give a serious push to anybody from the Women’s division who’s not a “Horsewomen” (such as Liv Morgan and Toni Storm) and gave Charlotte 5-10 title reigns too many,

they’ve still got Sami stuck in that boring “conspiracy theorist” gimmick despite him arguably being one of the best underdog faces in NXT,

and they’ve booked Roman as the boring invincible heel champion for well over a year (though AEW’s got this problem too with Kenny Omega, but at least that got more exposure to Impact with their partnership) where the setup is probably yet another part-time Goldberg or Lesnar nostalgia pandering title run, probably as a vehicle to push that Gable Stevenson guy they signed and drafted to Raw, even though he’s probably going to leave within a year of his debut if he’s anything like Ronda Rousey (not that I blame her, mind you).

I could go on, though I won’t. Honestly, I think we’re on the verge of a gigantic mass exodus of main event talent in WWE, kind of like The Radicalz in WWF, and I hope that eventually does happen so those stars can find companies willing to work with them that’ll actually take them seriously and not shove them in dumb 80s carnival gimmicks like WWE has.

I personally hope Edge is able to jump ship to AEW and has another run with Christian, and maybe finally getting a run in Impact like he almost had in 09, because I think it would suck for someone as talented as him to end his career in the seemingly WCW-style sinking ship WWE has become.
#13398  November 06, 2021, 06:47:35 pm
they seemingly flat out refuse to give a serious push to anybody from the Women’s division who’s not a “Horsewomen” (such as Liv Morgan and Toni Storm) and gave Charlotte 5-10 title reigns too many,
Before anyone says Bianca Belair, her championship was lukewarm at best.  Yes she has had a decent feud with Bayley, but then other than that, nothing else.  Sasha feud was when things went wrong (reminder that Sasha had a forced heel turn and currently forced to go face again), Becky won in seconds while people are saying this is fine while lying to themselves, and Bianca is on a losing streak but then again loses don't matter with Zelina as Queen of the Ring despite an initial losing streak and Liv being in the title picture despite being jobbed to a woman that beat Charlotte via kick to the knee remember.  The dubs seemingly have no clue on what the hell they are doing and are still relying on the Horsewomen as their safety blanket. 
#13399  November 07, 2021, 01:13:23 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Max Caster dropped some fire on the mic as usual before his partners match with Danielson. But the last 2 bars killed him.

"I'm bout to put you in poverty dog, cuz I end careers faster than your father-in-law"

Meanwhile that Eddie Kingston/CM Punk segment felt like a shoot. In fact Eddie says something like "Yeah, this is a shot..." right before he said some particularly harsh lines. Then again, I still wonder if Eddie forgets wrestling is a work sometimes, lol!

Also Bianca's title reign was "luke warm" because her booking....was...horrible. Short reign. Few defenses. The crowd still adores her, but she's not a horsewomen so she doesn't have much of a chance. There is potential in Naomi's storyline but WWE will most likely screw that up.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:22:59 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
#13400  November 19, 2021, 04:40:23 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
And there goes the rest of Hit Row. Literally no reason to get invested in anything this company does any more. How does it look to the casual viewer to make a big deal about drafting a four person group, then they're suddenly three people, then they're gone right after they start a feud? How does this make sense?

Plus Tegan Nox's release bums me out. She's been through so much, got a big hyped NXT return, just to get called up in a tag team that made no sense, broken up, and released. No logic.

I truly believe that WWE as we know it will not exist in five years.

Download Last Bout now!