YesNoOk

[XRD-R2] Answer (Read 21332 times)

Started by Hexioum, July 25, 2022, 06:42:55 am
Share this topic:
[XRD-R2] Answer
#1  July 25, 2022, 06:42:55 am
    • Chile
Answer from Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2

Will follow the format of Muteki's characters (By having the GGXX burst and risc below the char portrait), and will include an Xrd/AC mode instead of XX/AC.
AC Mode will include force breaks, slashback, and won't have the mechanics from Xrd.

The code it's pretty much done, but it needs some tweaking so the same combos from the game work.
I will not share a demo because many sprites have to be redrawn, and I don't want people redistributing him until he looks decent enough.

I already have every frame ripped. The sprites are indexed, they only need some aliasing.

IDLE PREVIEW
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Sadly, these sprites might have to be reworked until every palette variation from the game can be achieved, they also have to follow the "canon" size when put next to other Guilty Gear characters.

Composed image to test sizes. This palette is to separate the character parts.

Preview of f.S (sprite without anti-alias)

s.D (sprite without anti-alias)

Again, the coding part is pretty much done. I only need time to tweak the sprites.
Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 12:45:24 am by Hexioum
Re: [XRD-R2] Answer
#2  July 25, 2022, 10:30:48 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Def keeping an eye on this. The current sprite look pretty solid!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  July 25, 2022, 05:12:29 pm
    • USA
I second GTOAkira. Great work.
#4  July 26, 2022, 10:01:54 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Those sprites are fantastic. :o How long does it take you to tweak each one?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  July 28, 2022, 04:26:03 am
    • Chile
Like 4 hours each, the buttons and hair take most of the time.

I'm currently looking for human volunteers (people I know IRL).
#6  August 03, 2022, 07:18:32 am
    • Chile
Another scroll test. Now Answer dashes to the nearest scroll if no direction is pressed. Might leave that for Xrd mode only.
https://i.imgur.com/JyWVvjJ.mp4

Currently redrawing his terrible super (236236K)

*Not finished, legs not done on every clone, etc.
#7  August 03, 2022, 09:56:00 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
This is great!
I'm curious about the ripping process... (before redraw)

My wish is to see Xrd Jam in this style...
#8  August 03, 2022, 12:05:02 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I don't know the character but that looks like something that only shows for 1 or 2 frames. I think you should focus on key frames (basics, hitpause frames and some others) before you burn yourself out.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#9  August 08, 2022, 06:19:40 am
    • Chile
I'm curious about the ripping process... (before redraw)

For this project I used:
  • Guilty Gear Xrd - In max quality but disabled post processing.
  • uMod - To rip and change the textures of the character (also remove some effects).
  • Photoshop - To edit the DDS files that were extracted with uMod and make a special palette that highlights specific parts of the character.
  • bbscript - To extract and then patch the character's idle animation to make him go though every frame (So I don't have to press anything and he stays in place).
  • Notepad++ - To edit the script extracted with bbscript (Bless column selection). Also used later for writing a script that renames files.
  • Cheat Engine - To center the camera on the character, move away the 2nd player, move the HUD, and select a stage with black background.
  • OBS - Record lossless footage of the character (AVI, not MP4).
  • ffmpeg.exe - To extract the frames of the video recorded in PNG format. Then made a BAT to rename all these images to the sprite they use in-game.
  • Aseprite - To resize and index the images so the palettes work. I'm also using this tool to redraw the frames.
  • Fighter Factory - To import the sprites all at once with the correct group/index (thanks to the renaming we did earlier).

I don't know the character but that looks like something that only shows for 1 or 2 frames. I think you should focus on key frames (basics, hitpause frames and some others) before you burn yourself out.

Thanks, don't worry about it though.  :) I've been working on this for a little more than two years now (not every single day).
The super is indeed fast, but that frame repeats multiple times.
If I get tired I'll release him as it is now, since he's fully playable (No IK or "blitz" mechanics yet).

It might take up to three years, but it could be less if I get other people to help me with the sprites.
#10  August 25, 2022, 02:28:19 pm
    • USA
Hey Hexioum, you doing well? Hows the process of making Answer, the secretary IRS ninja, going? Also do you plan on doing any other Guilty Gear characters from XRD, REV, or even STRIVE in this style like the main guys like Sol, Ky, May, and Millia Rage or other cool daredevils like Jack-O, Jam, Ramlethal, Happy Chaos, Nagi, Sin, Kum, Raven, Bedman, etc.? Also if you would ever do any legacy characters like Sol or Ky, would you based their designs on either their REV or STRIVE portrayals?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:38:11 pm by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#11  September 09, 2022, 05:52:58 am
    • Chile
I'm fine, the process has been a bit slow lately due to uni. I don't have any plans to make another character, mainly because this project takes way too much time. If I could, I'd make the other newcomers from Xrd.

I'd like people to make palettes for this character and then include them in the final release. I'll upload a sheet for easy editing later.

I've been remaking some of the sprites that I made last year. New Idle, xmas palette.

Oh, and now the hitboxes are the same as in the source game, It took a while but it's done.
Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 04:16:44 am by Hexioum
#12  February 26, 2023, 06:20:07 am
    • Chile
Still working on him. I am planning on releasing him on December this year, It's enough time to iron the most important sprites (like hurt animations and active frames on his attacks).

Here is a set of images in case someone wants to submit a palette for this character.
If you do, post it here or send me a PM.
Example: "[Hexioum] Terumi (BlazBlue).png" or "[Author] Something (Original).png"

Make sure the image is properly indexed before submitting.

The character will include all the palettes from the source game.

Here are some of them. In case you want to use Pal 01 as base.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#13  February 26, 2023, 07:43:06 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Here's a half-custom palette based on Jiraiya from Naruto. Sorry that imgur renames the image but it was originally [devon] Jiraiya [Naruto].png

#14  February 26, 2023, 08:01:47 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Here's mine.
The filename was [PauloS] Kuda Izuna (Blue Archive).png, but got renamed. (as Devon said)
Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 08:06:43 am by Uzuki Shimamura
#15  February 26, 2023, 01:12:52 pm
  • Brunanyuu~*
    • Egypt
[Mid117] Strider Hiryu (Strider)
` ̄|/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄⠁

__
              |\
                 \
            Clueless
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mid117s-color-palettes-ohmsby-style-characters-and-others-authors--198737.0.html
#16  March 05, 2023, 11:52:08 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Its actually insane how the sprite look 100% official.
Great work!
#17  January 01, 2024, 12:10:12 am
    • Chile
It's been a while, just wanted to say that I'll be releasing this character in a few days, but first I need to record a "trailer" and make a decent AI.
Not every sprite is done, but I want to share him since he's already in a playable state.

#18  January 01, 2024, 01:33:59 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Cannot wait to try him out!
#19  January 31, 2024, 07:05:08 am
    • Chile
I'm afraid I'll have to delay the release of this character once more, since I had to make a business trip and don't have a laptop to keep working on him while I'm away.
I know nobody is rushing me, but it still feels bad to have missed the deadline that I've set for myself.

I'll leave some ideas for palettes to include in the release:
Battler Ushiromiya, Phoenix Wright, Edgeworth, Nanami, Loid Forger, Yoshikage Kira, Anji Mito/Yasuo, A-Chan, Pandemonica, The Helltaker.
#20  January 31, 2024, 10:05:59 pm
    • Brazil
Well, if that upsets you, you can always release a beta, it will even be good to get feedback. But if you don't want to, don't worry about it, we can wait as long as needed.