YesNoOk

Dragonball: Allstars  (Read 140812 times)

Started by Neocide, January 03, 2011, 10:16:45 am
Share this topic:
Dragonball: Allstars
New #1  January 03, 2011, 10:16:45 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide

hey guys, as some of you know, (and most of you dont) I'm currently working on a full game based on the dragonball series, I've been on the project for coming up on a year in feb or march, the project initially consisted of smaller sprites, but seeing as how I've decided to make this my last dragonball project, I wanted to go all out, so I've gone with sprite size that is about as big as cvs or kof (maybe a bit bigger?) 

I'm currently in the production phase (making sheets etc) although I have my system planned out and made somewhat (its based off my last release; son goku)  thanks to roken I have few base sheets (fully cleaned shinb sheets before customs, added frames etc) of frieza,goku,piccolo,vegeta,gohan,

The Entire roster list is....

Goku
Gohan
Vegeta
Trunks
Piccolo
Kurrin
Tien
Yamchua(not started\no base)
Recoome (not started\no base)
Jiece(Not started\No Base)
Ginyu(Not Started\No Base)
Freeza
Cell
Fat Boo
Super Boo
Gogeta(Not Started\No Base)

Now that the roster is shown let me discuss the system and gameplay :

Button commands:

A- Power Attacks

B- Agility Attacks

X- Melee Attacks

Y - Ki Attacks

Z - Defense

Dash - fwd fwd or back back

Zanzoken - X+A

Power Up - Y+B

Air Dash upward - Up,Up

Attack System:

The attack system is made up of four attack button layouts, Ki,Power,Melee, And Agility, Each attack
button's combo which all consist of 4 hits max (3 hits in the air), start off as a different standard physical attack,followed by said attack buttons style of attacks.

Ki -
Ki's first physical hit are usually moves that would send the opponent across the screen,then usually followed up by 3 basic ki attacks (usually ki shots,small blasts, lazer shots etc.)

Power -Every type of hit in power will consist of strong styled moves,and for some will even consist of slams and throws.

Agility -The Agility button is based on Zanzoken attacks. The first physical attack is usually a move that sends the opponent upwards in an angle, straight up or straight back.

Melee - Melee is the most unique of all the attack buttons, because it very much depends on the character, its basically a signature button of sorts, for piccolo its attacks that focus him stretching his arms, while frieza's has his him utilize his tail and use his Tk. Later I will break down all the diff melee styles and who uses which.

In The Air:

The Attack system is a bit Different in the air, first change is that each attack button consist of 3 attacks max instead of 4, also the 4 buttons are split up into two diff styles of attacking.

Ki and Agility will be aimed at opponents on the ground, while power and melee will  focus on opponents in the air.

Advanced Gameplay

Mixed Attack combos - Mixed Attacks Combos are triggered by switching from one attack button to another after the 2nd hit has been initiated,and can go from any different buttons afterward. these chains will create new styled combos,and can go up to 4 hits,as long as a basic attack combo. not to be confused with Ex chains, which I will explain next.

Examples - "X,X,A,B," "B,B,Y,B" "B,B,X,X"

*EX chains- Ex chains are a special type of chaining hits that take power to use(500), and keep a combo going longer the basic 4 hits.  they can be triggered after the third hit of a combo to link with another attack button combo,these allow for more hits, as it starts the combo from the initated buttons second attack (ie 3 melee hits, then a ex power chain for 3 more hits. or two power chains followed by a teleport chain,etc.) the ex moves commands are a certain direction, and said button

ie x,x,x,fwd +a,a,a.

*Ex Chain enders - Ex Chain enders add a 5th attack to your combo, and take 250 power to do. they can only be intiated at a 4th hit from a basic,or chained combo.

Examples - "X,X,X,X FWD+B" "X,X,A,B,DOWN+A"

*Ex Chain Supers- these are hidden level 1 supers (1000). depending on the mixed combo you do with a certain ex chain ender hit (ie x,x,y,b,+Fwd,A) and if you have said power (need at least 1000) you will trigger your characters ex chain super.

Dash Attacks - when dashing foward (fwd,fwd) hitting any attack button will give a diff style of dash attack,
Dash attacks are also part of something bigger with the pursuit

Ki- The player charges at the opponent and fires a ki blast

Agilty - the player charges the opponent then teleports behind for a surprise attack

Power - the player rushes the opponent with a strong attack

Melee - Varies.

Pursuit - Pursuits work with the dash attacks,after a dash attack is initialized, hitting one of the four attack buttons, will give you a distinct style of pursuit attack.

Power- the player rushes at the opponent and sends them to the ground with tremendous force.

Agilty - The player catches the opponent with a teleported hit

Ki - The player pursuits the opponent and follows up with a ki attack

Melee- Varies

Defense Button - the defense button will be used to guard, and trigger counters, by hitting the defense button at a certain time during an opponent's combo, you will parry the attack and be allowed to counter by hitting one of the 4 attack buttons.

Recover attack - during a fall state, hitting the defense button and attack button will trigger
a recover attack.

Specials- this is probably the one aspect that will stay the same as what I've always done, kept it the same vein as sf or kof styled specials, with quarter and half circle commands, as well as some charged commands, alot of specials will consist of 2 in 1's and mixing diff styles of gameplay from diff games.

Supers - Most Characters will have 3 level 1 supers, 2 from your common commands found in sf and kof,(qcf,qcb,qcfx2 etc..) and one hidden in the form of a ex chain super.

Level 3 Supers or "AllStar Attack"- Each character will have a level 3 super which will be in the form of a mini game, and will be called their "AllStar Attack" I have a few already thought out, but alot of them are still up in the air atm. so I'm taking ideas for them.

Bonus Games -

I have an idea for two bonus games, one is the great ape challenge, depending your character you will either A. play as a sayajin monkey and fight off attackers trying to cut off your tail, or B. try to cut off the tail of a sayajin monkey. The Second is the little people beatdown, where you have to beat the snot out of as many saibamen and cell jr's you can within a time limit.

I'm currently working on 17 who I am I doing entirely from chris from king of fighters 2002, along with rips from the anime.After I finish him (hopefully by the end of the month) I will start on ginyu,

the screenpack has been thought out for the most part, just been looking for help in the graphics department for some things (like the lifebars) I'm always up for more help as of now I'm keeping my crew small, I'd like to do as much myself as I can, I have a few people working on sprite sheets, some people later for coding, and warner for the games portraits and whatnot. here's a sample of the select screen : the characters will rotate in and out upon movement.

as far as stages I'm going to be using some that are released already from a friend, with some upgrades, along with some hi res'd sb stages in which I'm sorta looking for help in too.

I'm also looking for a little help in the graphics deparment, I'm trying to go for a more anime-ish feel than a mega graphical beast, so I'm trying effects that look cel shaded in a way.

I'm here to answer any questions I can, and eventually will update everyone with more news as I progress. along with screenshots and whatnot ( I could've done so now, but there's not much to show)

also I'll probably be requesting for a game board for this soon.  Anyway I hope you enjoy the news I've revealed and keep in touch!

* - ground Only

Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:54:00 pm by Neocide
Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars
#2  January 03, 2011, 10:34:13 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Honestly, with all the spritework I've seen of this so far, I can't wait until there's at least a beta. Your stuff for regular MUGEN was fun to use, and to see how you'd make everything work within a system sounds even better.

DMK

#3  January 03, 2011, 10:59:31 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Damn are those sprites looking sweet and the combat system looks like it'll be fun to use. As JZ said, can't wait to see a beta later on.  :)
#4  January 03, 2011, 11:07:06 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Cool! I can't wait!
you should use the English voices from Final Bout XD
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#5  January 03, 2011, 11:36:28 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Wow, this is awesome.
Could you show a comparison of Son Goku with a CVS sprite, size wise ?

Best of luck. :)
#6  January 03, 2011, 11:56:07 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Wow, this is awesome.
Could you show a comparison of Son Goku with a CVS sprite, size wise ?

Best of luck. :)

he might be taller after he's completely standing, but as you can see they are good size, same size as the average fighter.
#7  January 03, 2011, 12:02:48 pm
Are you gonna use DBZ:KAI voices or the english funimation dub?
#8  January 03, 2011, 12:10:40 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
initially I'm going to use the jap voices, as I the only ones I dont like in japanese in most cases is the son family, but if someone wants to make english patches for everyone I'll include those too.

But the main voice scheme is the original voices, I also plan to try to get some of the new dbk soundtrack into the game.
#9  January 03, 2011, 12:36:58 pm
    • France
Awesome. This really is going to be fabulous.
Are you going to code everything by yourself, or will you have help from Roken or others ?

DB Kai may end at Episode 100, with the end of the Cell Tournament, so Buu should not appear if you choose DB Kai as name. :P
Whatever, who cares. Add Broly and even more people will wet there pants. :D
#10  January 03, 2011, 12:42:00 pm
    • France
Very very good project and works... CONGRATULATIONS !

#11  January 03, 2011, 12:58:10 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I just called it kai because it was newer  ;P also roken is basically out of mugen. as far as coding,  I'll be doing most of the work with some help from guys here and there. but most of the workload is going to fall on me.

including all the oh so fun grunt work!
#12  January 03, 2011, 12:59:24 pm
    • France
Well, if you're ever in need of Beta testers, I'm here. ;)
#13  January 03, 2011, 01:08:59 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
when I get further I'll let you know  ;) also any ideas at all about anything feel free to express them :D
#14  January 03, 2011, 01:20:47 pm
    • France
Just two little things I've always thought as important for a DBZ game :
- stages with destructible elements. Not necessarily some stage interaction that has an influence on gameplay, but rocks breaking, trees falling or buildings exploding is always nice.
- Ki clashing. When two opponents throw a powerful Ki attack at the same time (eg kamehameha VS bigbang attack), then you'd have to smash buttons or play a mini game to chose which of the two Ki attacks would win over the other.
#15  January 03, 2011, 02:50:07 pm
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
Stages could be coded in the characters ... like that we could have many possible interactions like going under water or use some elements destructible to make them bounce . Or perhaps making the stage change during some transformations (tsunami, eathquake ...).
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#16  January 03, 2011, 09:19:39 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ki clashing I've thought about, but cant think of a way to use it without it coming off as taking too much time off the main fight,stage interactiveness will be in if I can do it. I also plan to have some of the stages change weather after a period of time.   

on a side note, transforming -

I'm going to leave transforming to about goku and vegeta, with a minor trans with freeza (going to 100%) transformations will feature new moves,gameplay styles and supers for each state. you'll be able to go into each mode in a number of ways, through a intro button sequence, through powering up, and sometimes through a super command. Most modes will have no time limit, but ssj3 will come with a time limit and some rules. When I find my txt on all the ssj3 mechanics I'll post it, as I forgot about some of the rules and penalties.

#17  January 03, 2011, 10:27:58 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Impressive stuff you have here.

I will wait for this :)
#18  January 04, 2011, 01:18:28 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
You already know how I feel about this...

Hard!

Glad to see it has been announced, hope to continue following this as time goes on. Love the sprite work as always, and the system as usual seems unique and fun.
#19  February 18, 2011, 10:21:58 am
İ don't know if i should revive a topic more than 30 days old but since this is a game topic i think it would be good to post it anyways.

İf you look for Balthazar's VegetaZ topic, you will see that Vegeta has a great color seperation. How will you go with this color seperation stuff since your Vegeta is based on Cell Saga as İ see?
#20  February 18, 2011, 01:59:42 pm
  • The future Pirate King!
Damn! That look epic! :D
Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:59:22 pm by Orochi_Chris
#21  February 18, 2011, 08:49:15 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
they are already widely color separated as of now vegeta has diff colors for his arms,legs,armor,boots,and gloves, most of the others are separated from their upper and lower torso as well.
#22  February 21, 2011, 12:12:27 pm
That sounds really awesome. You can do really much with color seperation. Crazy pallete's are always good fillers for great quality.
#23  February 24, 2011, 04:45:53 pm
I finally have found a forum where you show this.
It’s good to see that all those sheets won’t be thrown like things of rokcorp usually are.
Finally some normal sized dbz chars.

Man, it’s amazing how you still work on Mugen. It reminds me some AIM discussion, while progging shits. =P
It was in 2006 lol.

It’s good to see some well-known names around there (*looking at Strife man =p)
Things changed lol, even Pextin seems to be gone.

Nostalgia…

Anyway, to focus on your project:
-   Keep a small roster during the 1st time.
-   Try to elaborate an “easy to swap” basics base.
-   Try to use things that already exists

Every crappy codes I did in the past are naturally yours =D

I’ll follow this sir

:sugoi:
#24  February 24, 2011, 08:06:39 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
wow long time no see sabby, why dont you ever come on msn anymore >= (
#25  February 24, 2011, 11:16:03 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Wasaby!

We will make you join the dark side once again! :)

Has it really been that long o.O a lot of various things are making me feel old as dirt lately. xD
#26  February 25, 2011, 04:06:48 pm
wow long time no see sabby, why dont you ever come on msn anymore >= (

Lol,

I will ! I did change of work, and i have an MSN access now, yeah ! I hope you're ready for my return =p

Wasaby!

We will make you join the dark side once again! :)

Has it really been that long o.O a lot of various things are making me feel old as dirt lately. xD

O.0

I didn't even know that you were still in the business too.

I guess i never quit the dark side man, it's just that my life has recently been full of shits. But I always love that Mugen lol.

And yes, i guess we are old now lol. I'm 26 now, damn.

And i was there during the golden age of Mugen. I even collaborate on some works with Necromancer, before i was gone, again.

Remembering our boards, full of :

"Oh my god give me that private flashy OMG private beta, plleeeaaasseee!!!11"

Good times...

Sigh, we need to ressucitate**Team !!!   >:( >:(

#27  February 25, 2011, 04:46:23 pm
    • Poland
And yes, i guess we are old now lol. I'm 26 now, damn.

And i was there during the golden age of Mugen. I even collaborate on some works with Necromancer, before i was gone, again.

Remembering our boards, full of :

"Oh my god give me that private flashy OMG private beta, plleeeaaasseee!!!11"

Good times...

Sigh, we need to ressucitate**Team !!!   >:( >:(

Hahaha I'm 23 & I feel bit old too. It's been 6 years since I discovered Mugen & ZGT :P

I was one of those guys hahahahah. Good times. Thank god I was cured from DBZ fanboyism but I'm still huge fan of series & DBZ Mugen ^^

Yeah we definitely need ZGT back (for 10th time lol). I would like to see some old faces :P
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#28  February 25, 2011, 09:07:19 pm
I was one of those guys hahahahah. Good times. Thank god I was cured from DBZ fanboyism but I'm still huge fan of series & DBZ Mugen ^^

Don't repeat it, but i was too in 2004...
 :P

Man, i mean i started proggin when i did see some screenies of Vegeta-San.

You are one of the old too now Jarek, i remember you when some new polish fan boys start to attack the boards lol =p

#29  February 25, 2011, 10:58:35 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yes sabby you coming back and helping out just a little would be great, and zgt coming back? I dont know about that, I'd rather it stay dead and buried and just move on. =p