YesNoOk

Moderator Discussion/Feedback (Read 648380 times)

Started by Sepp, September 07, 2007, 06:26:52 pm
Re: The experiment continues...
#41  September 10, 2007, 09:41:17 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:sweetheart: ... :P
#42  September 10, 2007, 09:59:26 pm
  • Am I evil?
People are getting moar and moar lazy now with the requests :P. I thing I've seen lots of requests for things that are online.

Bleh, at least the request section is way cleaner than before. Hurray for us the moderators and this 1-thread-per-user idea  :kungfugoi:

And yes, Cybaster (Demitri, whatever) was, of the old staff, one of the most easy going, at least for me.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#43  September 11, 2007, 12:54:17 am
yeah, in my opinion, you were one of the better moderators, especially when "I" was new to this. You bitched at people for the right reasons and didn't abuse the power (like some might be doing).

You're just pissy that I told you not to needlessly spam topics :sugoi:

But really, the guild lost nearly all respect with the new rules, and if I have to be an asshole to some n00b who doesn't feel like going to Google and typing in "Spiderman MvC Mugen," and getting his results in two seconds, I will. It's not like the section is teaching them how to do the work for themselves, its reinforcing the fact when someone's just going to hand everything to them on a silver platter, contrary to the way things work for the rest of us, and everywhere else.

The Guild needs its respect back if its actually going to see growth from this. We need to show the creators elsewhere who absolutely despise what's happened that we at the guild simply aren't screwing them over, and that the community can benefit from the way things are here, that this isn't just some place for leechers to come and request something thats online simply because they're lazy. We need to set an example for everyone else, especially those who left, that hey, the Guild isn't JUST a place for leechers and the sort, but its still THE place to go, as it was once before.
Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 01:02:27 am by Ichierzen
#44  September 11, 2007, 01:22:03 am
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
yeah, in my opinion, you were one of the better moderators, especially when "I" was new to this. You bitched at people for the right reasons and didn't abuse the power (like some might be doing).

But really, the guild lost nearly all respect with the new rules, and if I have to be an asshole to some n00b who doesn't feel like going to Google and typing in "Spiderman MvC Mugen," and getting his results in two seconds, I will. It's not like the section is teaching them how to do the work for themselves, its reinforcing the fact when someone's just going to hand everything to them on a silver platter, contrary to the way things work for the rest of us, and everywhere else.

The Guild needs its respect back if its actually going to see growth from this. We need to show the creators elsewhere who absolutely despise what's happened that we at the guild simply aren't screwing them over, and that the community can benefit from the way things are here, that this isn't just some place for leechers to come and request something thats online simply because they're lazy. We need to set an example for everyone else, especially those who left, that hey, the Guild isn't JUST a place for leechers and the sort, but its still THE place to go, as it was once before.

i agree i know its hard to find somthings but try they gotta try a lil harder i mean i look until my eyes bleed lol i dont mind helpin anyone but when there is a char there requesting and it was just in the released section come on lol the only say try a lil harder google is your friend lol :sugoi: :sugoi: :sugoi: ;D
#45  September 11, 2007, 01:45:33 am
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA

Agreed.
#46  September 11, 2007, 03:00:12 pm
    • Germany
People are getting moar and moar lazy now with the requests :P. I thing I've seen lots of requests for things that are online.

*shrugs* lock their thread and they are unable to request anything anymore... just remember to unlock them some time later :P
#47  September 12, 2007, 03:01:37 am
  • The Unknown and Rarely Posting Global Mod
Alternatively, point 'em towards this thread: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=64482.0
It's Honkey's 4 step program. Try to give 'em a warning, then threaten the lock. For those too ignorant, lock = win.

On a side note: Seeing as how Infantry at least has a database going, should we add that to the 4 step program. It's real helpful for people to determine "online-ness".

And... DISCUSS!
#48  September 12, 2007, 03:07:01 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke

cybaster(now demitri) was actually the one that got on my case for that a while ago lolz. I rarely do that now :P. Thnx for lookin out though.  :)
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#49  September 12, 2007, 03:11:34 am
    • USA
Alternatively, point 'em towards this thread: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=64482.0
It's Honkey's 4 step program. Try to give 'em a warning, then threaten the lock. For those too ignorant, lock = win.

On a side note: Seeing as how Infantry at least has a database going, should we add that to the 4 step program. It's real helpful for people to determine "online-ness".

And... DISCUSS!

Upgraded 4 step program to 5 steps.  Added M.I.'s database as new step 2.
Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 04:13:29 am by Honkey
#50  September 13, 2007, 06:20:25 am
  • Am I evil?
And... DISCUSS!
Upgraded 4 step program to 5 steps.  Added M.I.'s database as new step 2.
Me aproves it :thumbsup:.

I've noticed the increasing numbers of requests of characters that are online or don't even exist. Like, they request the first goddamn thing that comes to their mind. Oh fellow mods, what should we do? Redirecting them to the "does this exist" thread is obvious, but some guys really need a more harsh solution.

I mean, the requests are open to anyone. But that doesn't mean you can act stupidily on it.

#51  September 13, 2007, 06:24:35 am
    • USA
PM them with a warning and a link to the 5 step program, then if they don't listen, lock their thread for 24hours. If the offenses continue, report them to global mods. Sound reasonable?
#52  September 13, 2007, 06:27:32 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#53  September 13, 2007, 06:32:09 am
  • Am I evil?
PM them with a warning and a link to the 5 step program, then if they don't listen, lock their thread for 24hours. If the offenses continue, report them to global mods. Sound reasonable?
Sounds good for me. I'll start applying that tomorrow.

Can i be a random mod?   :D
*Cough*
Have you passed the tests? Let me remind you of them:
1. Write a tesis about why Mugen is better than Wii/PS3/Xbox360
2. Contact a long lost creator. Such as Flowagirl, Ironmugen, and the likes.
3. Defeat the mighty wyvern.

#54  September 13, 2007, 06:41:19 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Sounds good for me. I'll start applying that tomorrow.

Can i be a random mod?   :D
*Cough*
Have you passed the tests? Let me remind you of them:
1. Write a tesis about why Mugen is better than Wii/PS3/Xbox360
2. Contact a long lost creator. Such as Flowagirl, Ironmugen, and the likes.
3. Defeat the mighty wyvern.
1. It isn't.
2. I have Ironmugen has a BBS...
3. I did..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#55  September 13, 2007, 02:08:42 pm
    • Germany
dude, we've got 8 mods already. stop nagging :tongry:
#56  September 14, 2007, 12:37:09 am
    • Germany
Uh... it might be a good idea to reinstate the "needs author name" rule. People keep requesting stuff they don't even know exists...
#57  September 14, 2007, 12:41:00 am
    • USA
#58  September 14, 2007, 03:13:55 am
  • Am I evil?
Uh... it might be a good idea to reinstate the "needs author name" rule. People keep requesting stuff they don't even know exists...
Yeah. Too bad rules can't be implemented on people's minds :(.

Anyways, L.o.t.F. Bitch Mode is on for the night!

#59  September 16, 2007, 02:01:02 am
  • Kyosuke + Ky Kiske = Kensuke?
Ill help with modding....

I browse here a bit but dont really request much.....

also id like to educate some peeps... if at all possible...
~Ultimate Kensuke of the True Lightning~

Real Bout High School Battle

Coming.....soon....
#60  September 16, 2007, 05:20:38 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Ill help with modding....
I browse here a bit but dont really request much.....
also id like to educate some peeps... if at all possible...
Go work on your SF2Nes guide instead of wanting to mod this place !!! >:(