YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209230 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#401  June 25, 2020, 10:19:29 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
But hey, at least For Honor gets exposure.
#402  June 25, 2020, 11:31:38 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
They could have added Niehart Sieger but I give Warden a shot. Before the reveal I thought it would be him with full armor.
Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:17:12 am by videoman
#403  June 26, 2020, 12:42:04 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#404  June 26, 2020, 12:51:39 am
    • Germany
They could have added Niehart Sieger but I give Warden a shot. Before the reveal I thought it would be him with full armor.

I'm happy to see Warden over Sieger, I always have to cringe if I hear the full name. xD
#405  July 26, 2020, 09:33:47 am
    • Brazil
I'm surprised this wasn't posted here yet: https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1286496324855029761

SNK Global said:
The silhouette for our newest DLC character has been revealed! Plus, they'll be completely free to own as a special thanks to our fans out there! We hope you look forward to it! #SNK #SAMSHO #HonorofKings

EDIT: According to multiple people on Twitter, the silhouette belongs to the character Gongsun Li

Yeah, it's a crossover with a meh chinese mobile MOBA.
Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:40:28 am by Macaulyn97
#406  July 29, 2020, 09:51:59 am
wouldve been better if it's a last blade character.
#407  July 29, 2020, 10:13:50 am
    • Brazil
If they wanted to add a MOBA character controlled by Tencent, they should have went with fucking League of Legends. Otherwise, literally anything else would have been better than this shit.
#408  July 29, 2020, 03:20:04 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
It will be free, so no point in complaining.
#409  July 29, 2020, 04:50:59 pm
    • Brazil
Darling, spraying perfume on shit doesn't make it less of a shit, even if it smells slightly better.
#410  July 29, 2020, 05:43:21 pm
  • Indeed
#411  July 29, 2020, 06:13:01 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Well I assume they didn't think people would pay for a char from a game like this, maybe reverting to the For Honor thing.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#412  July 29, 2020, 06:47:31 pm
    • Brazil
Well, they succeeded in one thing: I no longer think the For Honor guy is the worst possible guest anymore. Also, yeah, I doubt this character would be a success if it wasn't free, and, again, why the shitty mobile game? I wouldn't actually expect a League of Legends character, but if we got one, it would at least come from the leader of the genre, and it's still Tencent, so they probably COULD have done that instead of going for this forgettable trash.
#413  July 29, 2020, 09:56:29 pm
    • Mexico
That MOBA is probably huge in China and that's why she was chosen :mwhy: , which is one of three places where KoF and SNK are the biggest and is arguably the one where it has the biggest presence (the other two being Latin America and Japan). This is weirder than For Honor guy and Thief Arthur though.
#414  July 29, 2020, 11:06:26 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
And why are people assuming it will be this character in particular anyway? From what I saw this game has quite a bunch of characters, many which could fit that silhouette.

So is putting shit in my socks and wear them. The fact that it's free doesn't mean I have to like it.

Putting shit in your socks is a dickish move and doesn't really have anything to do with giving sonething away for free. This is a really poor comparison.

As goes the saying, "you don't look the teeth of a given horse". Sure, you can not like it, but there's no real point in complaining.
#415  July 29, 2020, 11:27:53 pm
  • Indeed
Putting shit in your socks is a dickish move and doesn't really have anything to do with giving sonething away for free. This is a really poor comparison.

Let me rephrase that for you. Having something for free doesn't mean it's inherently a good thing. I can put shit in my own socks and wear them for free, but the fact that it is free doesn't make it pleasant or intelligent. And the fact that Samurai Shodown is "polluted" by characters from franchises I don't care about and/or don't fit kinda spoils the game in its entirety for me.

And yes, complaining has a point because the developers clearly aren't listening to the fanbase, and are putting guest characters for commercial purposes instead of focusing their efforts in developing characters old SamSho fans such as myself actually want.

Why I said "commercial purposes", you may ask? Well, why do you guys think they're putting characters from relatively obscure franchises (at least, among fighting game players)? My two cents is that the publishers of these games took arrangements with SNK to advertise their games through the presence of their characters in a (relatively) well known game. If no one asked for a guest, then it's not fanservice (as with MK's guests, mostly), it's marketing.

In short, these characters are ads. Which is by itself despicable.

Edit: Sorry, I ended up ranting
Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:36:14 pm by Ziltoid
#416  July 29, 2020, 11:30:10 pm
    • USA
The main disappointment in my mind is less that it's a Tencent character and moreso that Cham-Cham gets snubbed once again in favor of another guest. Poor Cham-Cham... honestly, she and Chico (Puyo Puyo) could be good buddies. She does fit in quite a bit better than the For Honor dude, design-wise. And SNK Heroines also had a bunch of weird guests in DLC, it's just that these ones are slightly weirder. If we're getting any additional guests going forward, I'd like to see Peko Pekoyama (Danganronpa) and Samurai Jack make the cut. Insofar as more Samsho and/or other SNK characters; in addition to Cham-Cham, I feel like representatives for Warrior's Rage and Sen could be nice to see, even if Sen killed the franchise for a decade, and I agree on the sentiment about Last Blade characters. Maybe Jeanne (World Heroes), considering they already have a model of her from SNK Heroines? Or perhaps even a Fu'un character?
#417  July 30, 2020, 02:52:29 am
    • Mexico
I love how little we all care for For Honor dude so much that we don't even bother to know his name lol
Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:06:50 am by PBRTODD101
#418  July 30, 2020, 03:12:04 am
    • Brazil
And why are people assuming it will be this character in particular anyway? From what I saw this game has quite a bunch of characters, many which could fit that silhouette.

So is putting shit in my socks and wear them. The fact that it's free doesn't mean I have to like it.

As goes the saying, "you don't look the teeth of a given horse". Sure, you can not like it, but there's no real point in complaining.
Yeah, no, it couldn't, you can see that Gongsun Li fits the silhouette perfectly, and it was already confirmed by people who play that shitty mobile game. Also, there is no "given horse" here, sure, you can download her for free, but there is the cost of the developer not putting their effort in someone that people actually care about, whether its a guest from a game that people actually play or even a returning character from SamSho itself. I bet most people would rather pay for a returning character than get this forgettable one for free, I know I do, and I'm short on money.
#419  July 30, 2020, 05:23:30 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Let me rephrase that for you. Having something for free doesn't mean it's inherently a good thing. I can put shit in my own socks and wear them for free, but the fact that it is free doesn't make it pleasant or intelligent. And the fact that Samurai Shodown is "polluted" by characters from franchises I don't care about and/or don't fit kinda spoils the game in its entirety for me.

See, now this is a proper argument, though I don't think one forgettable guest is enough to spoil a game.

My two cents is that the publishers of these games took arrangements with SNK to advertise their games through the presence of their characters in a (relatively) well known game. If no one asked for a guest, then it's not fanservice (as with MK's guests, mostly), it's marketing.

It's pretty much a given that this is purely meant to advertise the mobile game. And honestly I don't even think they originally intended to add any more characters in this game at all.

The main disappointment in my mind is less that it's a Tencent character and moreso that Cham-Cham gets snubbed once again in favor of another guest. Poor Cham-Cham... honestly, she and Chico (Puyo Puyo) could be good buddies. She does fit in quite a bit better than the For Honor dude, design-wise. And SNK Heroines also had a bunch of weird guests in DLC, it's just that these ones are slightly weirder. If we're getting any additional guests going forward, I'd like to see Peko Pekoyama (Danganronpa) and Samurai Jack make the cut. Insofar as more Samsho and/or other SNK characters; in addition to Cham-Cham, I feel like representatives for Warrior's Rage and Sen could be nice to see, even if Sen killed the franchise for a decade, and I agree on the sentiment about Last Blade characters. Maybe Jeanne (World Heroes), considering they already have a model of her from SNK Heroines? Or perhaps even a Fu'un character?

Couldn't care less for Cham-Cham. The one character this game is sorely missing is Gen-An, who is the only character from the original game still missing (not counting Amakusa, who isn't in for obvious lore reasons). Sen and Warriors Rage characters won't happen, Sen takes place in a different timeline which isn't canonical and Warriors Rage takes place very far in the future of the series.
#420  July 30, 2020, 06:25:10 am
    • Brazil
Sen takes place in a different timeline which isn't canonical and Warriors Rage takes place very far in the future of the series.
Warriors Rage being in the future is a good argument for the characters to not appear, Sen being a separate canon isn't relevant at all, as those characters could easily be adapted to the current one.