YesNoOk

EB Goku Pots Style (Read 39566 times)

Started by DJMouF, February 04, 2019, 02:59:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: EB Goku Pots Style
#21  February 15, 2019, 03:49:40 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Well...what can i say,I LOVE IT!!!,but Team Z2 already made a Goku that i like,but believe me when i say that this makes me very happy,to see someone joinig to the Pots style makers,keep on going,and hope to see mr.Bardock in a future  ;D

Thanks Man I plan to finish Bardock soon! He's just about done!
#22  February 15, 2019, 03:50:59 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Woah dude, this is ABSOLUTELY GODLIKE!
One of the ol' projects that I had in mind was making a PotS styled Broly. And seeing your Goku has inspired me enough to try and code that Broly into existence!
Haha... if I have enough time, that is.

Keep it up buddy.
Btw, the hitsparks of the Kamehameha are kinda glitchy. I can fix them if you want me to, haha!

How are the sparks Glitcy? Point them out if you can bro
#23  February 15, 2019, 03:53:07 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
You don't need custom states with Vegeta because it's only a pal change. Use remappal. Custom states, when its a different sprite set. I do it all the time.

I.E When you use multiple sprite sets(Hair like Goku, you do need Custom)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Pal change only(Like Vegeta, only a palette change)

I've never done that before! Whoa! I'd have have some help on that. I'm still a rookie learning everything
#24  February 15, 2019, 04:03:51 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
One of the ol' projects that I had in mind was making a PotS styled Broly. And seeing your Goku has inspired me enough to try and code that Broly into existence!

Keep it up buddy.
Btw, the hitsparks of the Kamehameha are kinda glitchy. I can fix them if you want me to, haha!

The Kamehameha hits 5 times if I'm not mistaken, but there's like 25 hit-sparks on contact.
So ya gotta fix that, haha.
(Or I can do it if you please. I think I know where the problem is, but I can't be sure 'til I see the helper's code structure, lmao).
#25  February 15, 2019, 04:06:09 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Ok GUYS I FEEL BAD FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION BECAUSE IT SHOWS MY ROOKIE'ISM BUT... IS IT TRUE THAT MUGEN LETS YOU MAKE ONLY SOME MANY COMMANDS?

... I ask this because I'm currently working on SSJ2 attacks, and they only work in fighter factory... I don't understand why this is happening because when I play the on the actual mugen engine, he doesn't do anything. I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong discussion area...
#26  February 15, 2019, 04:10:32 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
Ok GUYS I FEEL BAD FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION BECAUSE IT SHOWS MY ROOKIE'ISM BUT... IS IT TRUE THAT MUGEN LETS YOU MAKE ONLY SOME MANY COMMANDS?

... I ask this because I'm currently working on SSJ2 attacks, and they only work in fighter factory... I don't understand why this is happening because when I play the on the actual mugen engine, he doesn't do anything. I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong discussion area...

Eh, I don't think any of us can help you pointing out where the problem is, without looking into the character's code itself...
Mind it if ya send me the current version of Goku through PM? Haha.
#27  February 15, 2019, 04:12:19 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

Keep it up buddy.

The Kamehameha hits 5 times if I'm not mistaken, but there's like 25 hit-sparks on contact.
So ya gotta fix that, haha.
(Or I can do it if you please. I think I know where the problem is, but I can't be sure 'til I see the helper's code structure, lmao).

I'm not sure if i see what you're saying because to me it looks like its the animation of the hit spark.
#28  February 15, 2019, 04:14:56 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

Eh, I don't think any of us can help you pointing out where the problem is, without looking into the character's code itself...
Mind it if ya send me the current version of Goku through PM? Haha.

Well when I get off work which would be tomorrow morning, I'll try to remember to link with ya so you can see it for yourself. Idk why ppl take these character editings so seriously as if they dont want to share it lol, but they release them so ppl are going to see it anyways lol
#29  June 28, 2019, 05:54:40 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Ok I know it's been a while since I've said anything on Goku... I wanted to make him better than I had already planned... I like the route I was going, but I think I want to do little different.

I think I want him to have:
Normal:
Kaioken - Limited time
Super Saiyan or SSJ2

But before I do any of that... There's some thing I have to learn... Like the Custom states...
As far as Vegeta, It was easy because there's no hair change formation, so once I learn what I'm trying to do with Goku, then I'll def get back to him asap!!!

I believe I'll make each mode (Normal/Kaioken?SSJ) have similar but different specials, as well as Supers.
IDK how many LVL3's he'll have yet... I'll think about it as I go. If everything goes how I plan, then he'll be a pretty decent Goku. But definitely not better than Vyn's!!!! His Goku is epic!!! :nuttrox: But since growing up on mugen for 16 years, I was hype off the transforming mugen chars and they were hard to find and I thought about doing it in the style I'm using. Plus what's a dbz char without transformations!!?? lol

Idk if anyone will read this since this Post is quite old but hey, just sharing my thoughts, Just an old head still into the game!!!  :iog: :iog: :iog:
#30  June 30, 2019, 02:39:15 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Cool that you are trying something new,read my pm's?,Transformations have issues in mugen,you can make him transform for specific specials and supers to make it easier
#31  July 01, 2019, 12:43:58 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Cool that you are trying something new,read my pm's?,Transformations have issues in mugen,you can make him transform for specific specials and supers to make it easier

Yean man I know... It's a real bummer... But I'll see what I can do though
#32  July 05, 2019, 06:48:46 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
You should just make it easier on yourself and make him a seperate stand alone character. That way you dont have to worry about coding all of that. Then when you learn how to code it properly, then you can go back and do it the way you wanted originally
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:05:24 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#33  July 05, 2019, 07:19:53 pm
    • USA
Do it the way you suggest! Don’t go the easy route. You can do it exactly as you say. You don’t seem to be bothered by the thought of extra work, go for it. The examples I posted are still there, proof that it works.
Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 07:23:46 pm by 2Dee4ever

vyn

#34  July 05, 2019, 08:55:46 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Why not do ssj and ssj blue, its a remmappal transformation so its easy and 2 forms is already pretty cool. You can throw in ssjblue + kaioken for a third form with another pallette and some red aura fx.
#35  July 06, 2019, 04:08:39 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Either way, in the long run once you figure things out you can still go back and code it in. The choice is yours
#36  July 06, 2019, 05:31:42 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Yeah I hear what all of you guys are saying... I feel the stand alone chars, but I absolutely love the transform chars, especially from normal to ssj. I've learned quite a bit these several few weeks/months, and I definitely plan to use it for Goku. But I really do appreciate the GOATS of coders giving me feedback and advice. Glad you all are looking forward to him. I'll take the hard route because I'll figure out a lot more things/learning as I go.....
OAN: I'm currently making another sff for Vegeta with the separate pal (should've done this first b4 anything smdh)... So he can have saiyan armor and buu's attire. (On top of the custom sprites I've made myself smfh... maybe a good 20 sprites I've done).... Takes forever but it'll be worth it. I work on things everyday, just haven't really been posting much til further progress is met.
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:52:36 am by DJMouF
#37  July 09, 2019, 02:22:03 am
    • USA
So.. Obviously this is ideal for FG environment, but even if you don't gear it towards that you can get by with small edits. All you are doing is making a dup value for every custom state.

You already have your transformation var, whatever your value is. I use a single var for all characters whom change sprites via transformation, this way you can control universally if you combine it with your common1. Causal mugen users 9/10 don't touch the common1 so you could easily distribute your own for compatibility.

So say.. God Rugal

An example of an attack

Now here is the main thing, custom states. When you look at it, its not even a lot of work, only for those who will absolutely not edit anything.
You'd just add something like..

A visual for that.

In your anims all you have to do is make a duplicate using the other values. So if your grab anim is..

In the common1 you'd do the same thing for all of your anims
Aye, just like I told you, it may be a lil extra work, but the result will be worth it. If you are going to do something, why not take it to the limit? Ultimately up to you though. There may be better alternatives to this, but this is what I got from self learning.
Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:13:12 am by 2Dee4ever
#38  July 09, 2019, 02:25:07 am
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
while this is nice,I remember character grabbed return to old sprites,sure common1 prevents that from  happening,but,since its getting a realese,                                       
how reliable is that?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
 I suggest seperating the SSJ hair from gethit and throws and using an explod to show them.
Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:30:28 am by Mark85
#39  July 09, 2019, 02:56:19 am
    • USA
It’s realible to the creator whom has options. Best to ask someone whom has actually done this before, makes DBZ characters. Did they do that with Gotenks? Didn’t someone do it with Trunks? Show proof with your suggestions. Have you seen the sprites? Are they all identical? To just overlay the sprites? Conjecture without all the facts.
#40  July 09, 2019, 03:15:18 am
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Its actually Been done with 280Gou's goku and it has like 5 transformations.havent thought about sprites being identical and how it would look with overlay so you got a point