YesNoOk

Will MUGEN run on an SBC (Read 2866 times)

Started by skullkrusher101, May 26, 2020, 12:39:51 am
Share this topic:
Will MUGEN run on an SBC
#1  May 26, 2020, 12:39:51 am
    • USA
Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 12:40:31 am by skullkrusher101
Re: Will MUGEN run on an SBC
#2  May 26, 2020, 03:47:21 am
    • USA
It can run Windows on an x86 CPU.  Yes, it will run Mugen with no real issue.  Might be a bit slow, and who knows if you can run Mugen 1.1 in OpenGL with that garbage Intel video, but one way or another, it will run Mugen.
#3  May 26, 2020, 06:16:20 am
    • USA
I kinda want to run it at full fps. What specs are the most important for running MUGEN? Could I slap together a budget PC? Would any of the newer intel or amd cpus with a gpu on board get it done or is a stand alone GPU a must?
#4  May 26, 2020, 07:35:43 am
    • USA
My main computer is just an old AMD A10-7850K and my laptop is another weaker A-series.  Both are more than enough for running Mugen 1.1 at fullspeed in high resolution most of the time.  There are stages, like the SF4 training stage, that it can't run fullspeed.  I imagine that a modern CPU would do a better job.  Best as I can tell, the computer you posted has a CPU that's a little slower than my A10, but the video is really slow.  One graph shows 25% slower than the Kaveri A4's video, and the others compare it to cellphone GPUs.

Intel's video capabilities and drivers have never had a good reputation.  If it actually works at all, it should be enough for just running a typical Mugen install.  Low res characters, low res stages, low res screenpack, high video resolution in Mugen 1.1 OpenGL.   Should be ok.
#5  May 26, 2020, 05:08:44 pm
    • USA
I believe the monitor on the gen 3 arcade 1up has a resolution of 1280x1024 so that is the max I would need to go. I am mostly interested in the MvC MUGEN game that has the 2d backgrounds from the MvC 1 era but has all the characters from the MvC2 era. Not a fan of the 3d backgrounds from the actual MvC2. Also there was a Marvel Vs DC mod I saw that looked amazing as well with similar art style. Do you really need a GPU to run the older 2d style games?