YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 1165994 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 AM
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2381  June 04, 2020, 12:16:30 AM
    • Italy
    • www.deviantart.com/the6intermission
Hi guys back on pixel after a loong break, older with less free time but happy to see this community again
#2382  June 14, 2020, 01:26:25 AM
  • Games for All!
  • Live and Learn
    • USA
hello everyone,I make sprites and stuff,glad to be apart of the community!
I Like The 90's
#2383  June 22, 2020, 05:18:30 PM
    • Uruguay
Hi everyone!! . My real name is Pablo, I'm Argentinian but I live in Uruguay. So please forgive me for my bad english (not using translator).

I have been working as a web developer for the last 15 years, I love all coding stuff, but I'm really new on mugen. And I have a lot of questions :D

In exchange for your help (I've reading/learning a lot with this community tutorials!) I could help you in many things not so related with mugen, if you need some help regarding your games websites, just ask, everything related with front end development (html, css, javascript and php) or cms development (wordpress, joomla), forum systems (smf and phpbb), I can help.

About games, I'm more a MMORPG guy, but I also love fighting games (just all MK serie), I made some stuff on gamemaker and rpgmaker but long time ago... don't really remember too much. latest 5 years I was studying 3d stuff on blender and maya, and then I quit (3d games are too much work for just 1 person).

So I have an encounter with mugen a few months ago, helping a friend to configure some new chars for his mugen game (Super Street Fighter), and after make the work and looking on those files I started to learn something thanks to your tutorials and all the stuff on youtube from so many people.

I started a project of my own now, a crossover between MK and metal music, I will post some advances in this community when I have more characters (really just did a very basic screenpack and 1 character: Alice Cooper).

And thats all about presentations :D thanks for this great community!
Life is short, smile while you still have teeth.
#2384  July 06, 2020, 02:55:41 AM
  • CvS2 Creator
  • Professional Noob
    • USA
Greetings, everyone.

I am JtheSaltyy, and despite my name, I am an easy and outgoing individual. I’ve come from many different Mugen sites hoping to meet new people and expand my presence across the community. I create characters based off of the game Capcom vs. SNK 2, my all-time favorite game. I’ve made a ton of different characters in my own style, and I’ve recently branched out in my Mugen sites. Now I’ve recently joined here, and I cannot wait to see all the amazing creators and community members here.

In my off time, I enjoy listening to and composing classical music. I regularly play the violin and piano, and I frequently engage in sports as well. Mugen has helped me mentally with its vast levels of creativity and potential it can offer someone. Debussy is one of my idols, as he inspires me to do what I do.

I do wish into you a blessed day, and I hope my appearance here is something of value to all of you :)
current project: Scorpion (CvS2 Reimagining)
#2385  July 12, 2020, 01:17:57 AM
  • Ex-Army Vet wanting to make games my kids like.
    • Canada
Hey Mugen / Ikemen Community,

I am a big fan of this community first and foremost. I am a Ex-Combat vet who is trying to make a new life outside of the military. My therapist told me I need a hobby so I decided on making a Ikemen GO game for my 3 kids. They are huge fans of Marvel comic characters (Because Dad is a comic nerd). So I am starting a personal passion project for them. I am using Ikemen GO on Linux as it is the most updated Mugen engine that natively works on Linux (Sadly). But the features look extremely promising. I have already learned how to add characters to a roster, as well adding stages. I won't be on the forums as much as alot of you due to a custody battle and other personal stuff. But I hope I can contribute to the community as much as most of you.
#2386  July 15, 2020, 05:46:37 AM
    • USA
Hi Everyone, currently back after a year long hiatus, but mostly ive been on and off again with mugen/ikemen. It was probably the tail end of 2018 that I got back to this stuff, but now I mostly look at the Ikemen side, I think what they are doing there is amazing!
#2387  July 15, 2020, 03:16:46 PM
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society

Hello everyone (And sorry for forgot this) My Name is Kamui_Kanjai, but just call me KenJou_Lirt. Is nice to meet this page
#2388  July 17, 2020, 09:21:41 AM
  • Boss
  • The Past, Present, and Future of the Fight
    • medium.com/throwback-fighters
Hey all. I'm not so much new to MUGEN or the community, I've just never been very vocal. Always the lurker. In the years since I first discovered MUGEN, a lot has happened for me. I have the skill and free time to create something of my own that I figure would be just as useful to others and I hope that it will be for me.

Because of issues that I've had with getting into other types of fighters outside of Street Fighter and strictly 1v1/2D;2.5D fighters, I've decided to start creating fighting game guides of my own. I'm just one person, and it's a lot of work, but I enjoy creating things. While I am capable of doing animation it's not something I've kept in practice at and would have to reeducate myself on it.

Primarily what I do is create, or borrow and edit assets (images, video) to use for my guides and whatever else. I'm a "trained" web designer/developer with much more of an emphasis on the design part. Anyway, I've taken my love of fighting games, creating things, and wanting to do something useful, and created an outlet for it called throwbackfighters.

You can check out some things I began putting together initially at throwbackfighters.com/guides/. Right now though, I'm working on learning to play and creating a guide for Garou: MotW.

After a lot of down time, I'm finally getting back into it. I try to find assets pulled from the games I want to create guides for to use in my site if possible, but the majority of what I do is pulling things from different places (mostly screenshots from the game itself) and turning them into usable assets for the web or whatever else. When I'm done, I don't mind releasing the work I've done for others to use if they wish.

I'm not trying to make money, and I'm not looking for anything from anyone. Just to try and contribute something that I believe is useful to those who love and want to play fighting games as much as I do.

Anywho, you can message me at any of the places I've listed that it's possible to message me.  Also, you can call me "Doc" as my name in the majority of my online gaming profiles is doctorcl.aw or a slight variation if necessary. Glad to be here and hope to meet cool and respectful people who don't take themselves, or the games we play, far too seriously.

TW: @throwbackboss
IG: @throwbackfighters
YT: youtube.throwbackfighters.com
Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:33:55 AM by throwbackboss
#2389  July 21, 2020, 12:19:13 AM
    • USA
I've been playing since the JudgeSpear era, and I've even gotten into doing some code for it. I'm one to appreciate well-made characters, especially those with extra care into features like Negative Edge and Buffering. I also like obscure game conversions.
#2390  July 22, 2020, 05:49:39 AM
    • Chile
Hi love the engine.and how gives the creators complete some games that the big company sold us incomplete.
#2391  July 27, 2020, 08:13:03 PM
Hello all! :-)
#2392  July 28, 2020, 12:16:25 AM
    • USA
Hello everyone, I'm PastarDisastar nice to meet you, I want to learn all about this wonderful site and i'm happy to be here =)
#2393  July 29, 2020, 11:15:32 PM
    • Germany
Hello everybody!!!

I'm Lukas. I'm new to the whole Mugen thing, but I was always wanted to try it out. I got into it because I wanted to practice my art skills haha. However, after having seen what one can do with the whole Mugen thing, I have become a huge fan and want to go totally for it!