YesNoOk

Auction alert (Read 176445 times)

Started by Sepp, August 27, 2007, 01:16:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Auction alert
#421  February 26, 2020, 08:04:46 am
  • Wowzers!
I think mugen coders should get something for there time besides a pat on the back...

They do, when the work is done right. There are a bunch of people who take comissions. Make a whole character, making sprites from scratch, coding, color separation, and so on. Not to mention people who develop tools like Fighter Factory, sprite/sound rip tools, hitbox viewer, stage viewer, vselect... They don't ask anything for it but they have donations open, it's different than selling.

done right to other mugen coders
If you want to sell something, go develop your own engine, start a new company and hire people.
or use open bor... but openbor sucks compared to mugen... so why not use mugen...
#422  February 26, 2020, 08:12:18 am
  • Wowzers!

Here's your answer George. https://www.facebook.com/groups/RetroVersus2k20/
Also un0mic dude it's TWZ Gamer Radio, Ace-Million's close friend and accomplice.

I am a fan of Ace Million. no more no less. I support him the same way I would want someone to support my dream.

That's why he came here, to defend his beloved friend trying to justify that selling MUGEN content via paywall it's okay. Oh well. xD

I came to this thread cuz I heard there was ppl talking negatively about something I enjoy. so I had to see for myself. then I wondered why. I got my answer. and thanks for promoting the group here <3
#423  February 26, 2020, 12:53:11 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I think you're overestimating the amount of work Ace put into this game, especially in comparison to the people who originally made the content he included. Legal issues aside, it hardly seems fair that one guy gets to profit off what is effectively the work of others; it'd be like if someone took the free, open-source IKEMEN GO engine, changed the app title to IKEMEN STOP, then started selling it/asking for donations as if they did all the work.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#424  February 26, 2020, 03:51:53 pm
  • SNK is life
#425  February 26, 2020, 04:17:02 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i've always seen mugen compilations on the same light as youtube reaction videos. where some talentless nobody takes something made by someone with actual talent and simply rides on their hard work to gain attention by adding nothing of value (and even worst are the idiots who support it)

now, you can simply ignore it and say "oh, it's another one of those. whatever". but, to also make money out of someone's else work is the lowest. and of course, they always get deffensive whenever they get called out.

alternatively, mugen comilations are the modern version of this (but sleazier)
#426  February 26, 2020, 04:37:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Ok, let's just go back to the start.

At the start the general comunity stabndars were like this:

To do anything re-using other people's work you needed to get permission. that's it, you just had to get an agreement like two consenting adults, like in the real world; If i sell you a computer for $5 and we both consent is ok, If I sell the smae computer for 5k dollars and we boht consent it is also ok.

But, as time went on, some creators overdid this; it got pretty riduculous ; creators that had quit for years still have their creations banned becasue there was no way to get consent ; some creators evne forbid peopel from taking screenshots of their works. So the comunity did a shift on ethics; reusing other people's work was ok as long as credit was given.

The line was dranw there, even if  permission was given you still needed to ask for permission if you were to monetize your reuse. I won't get into details now but there was a lot of backlash on selling mugen stuff back then, from annoying creators to being at risk of being targeted by capcom and snk, because, as Isaid before about getting permission, we literalyl asked permission from the original game creators, capcom, snk, french bread, etc... and they said they were ok as long as nothign was being sold, with the exception of french bread, whom were such a small company that having mugen versions of their characters actully damaged them, so french bread characters got banned from the mugen comunity until they changed thier mind/grewinto a bigger company.

that's a summary of all the historical context you are missing.
#427  February 26, 2020, 06:37:58 pm
  • Wowzers!
I think you're overestimating the amount of work Ace put into this game, especially in comparison to the people who originally made the content he included. Legal issues aside, it hardly seems fair that one guy gets to profit off what is effectively the work of others; it'd be like if someone took the free, open-source IKEMEN GO engine, changed the app title to IKEMEN STOP, then started selling it/asking for donations as if they did all the work.

when it comes to "work" mugen, assets, codes and spites turn into tools to make the game. you need to know how to use the tools to get the job done. I don't have to pay for my 3d printer schematics. i just have o take the time to find good work so I can print what I want.  and sell it

and openbor is open source and they have no problem with you making your own game... in fact they encourage it. they will "molebox" it for you. be it really be just encrypting the pak file...
#428  February 26, 2020, 06:38:37 pm
  • Wowzers!
#429  February 26, 2020, 06:46:47 pm
  • Wowzers!
Ok, let's just go back to the start.

At the start the general comunity stabndars were like this:

To do anything re-using other people's work you needed to get permission. that's it, you just had to get an agreement like two consenting adults, like in the real world; If i sell you a computer for $5 and we both consent is ok, If I sell the smae computer for 5k dollars and we boht consent it is also ok.

But, as time went on, some creators overdid this; it got pretty riduculous ; creators that had quit for years still have their creations banned becasue there was no way to get consent ; some creators evne forbid peopel from taking screenshots of their works. So the comunity did a shift on ethics; reusing other people's work was ok as long as credit was given.

The line was dranw there, even if  permission was given you still needed to ask for permission if you were to monetize your reuse. I won't get into details now but there was a lot of backlash on selling mugen stuff back then, from annoying creators to being at risk of being targeted by capcom and snk, because, as Isaid before about getting permission, we literalyl asked permission from the original game creators, capcom, snk, french bread, etc... and they said they were ok as long as nothign was being sold, with the exception of french bread, whom were such a small company that having mugen versions of their characters actully damaged them, so french bread characters got banned from the mugen comunity until they changed thier mind/grewinto a bigger company.

that's a summary of all the historical context you are missing.

Thank you for this.

All I saw was someone opening the door for mugen monetization. just like someone opened the door for tag mode ect. see what they did and using to make what you are doing better. AND if you think ppl are profiting on it is bad it must mean your always in the red cuz you make no money. but thats trying to turn your hobby into a business. if its just a hobby why get mad when someone wants to at least be in black for their efforts at 1 point. -That is the dream Walt... being in black for your effort
#430  February 26, 2020, 07:09:48 pm
  • Wowzers!
Maybe its cuz my moral and ethics get tested daily just to get by... but I see nothing wrong with trying to monetize mugen. even when using other ppls tools aka assets

and I am a believer of asking for forgiveness than the latter asking for permission...

and I'm not defending Ace... I speaking up for those who have ideas on monetizing mugen. I think those ideas should be shared and expounded upon to make those ideas better.... just like this community does with other mugen ideas....
#431  February 26, 2020, 07:13:33 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
nice multiposting
#432  February 26, 2020, 07:21:39 pm
  • Wowzers!
#433  February 26, 2020, 07:25:57 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
#434  February 26, 2020, 07:48:09 pm
  • Wowzers!
#435  February 26, 2020, 07:54:25 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
What the hell Ace did with Jmorphman's Joe.
And also Ace dare to not only messed up with Blaze Agent by Ethan Lives but also put his name in the character.

"bugs"

You don't want to accept the fact that this "game" is broken af don't you?
#436  February 26, 2020, 07:54:56 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
when it comes to "work" mugen, assets, codes and spites turn into tools to make the game. you need to know how to use the tools to get the job done. I don't have to pay for my 3d printer schematics. i just have o take the time to find good work so I can print what I want.  and sell it

and openbor is open source and they have no problem with you making your own game... in fact they encourage it. they will "molebox" it for you. be it really be just encrypting the pak file...

You're again assuming Ace has put a ton of work into the game when he hasn't. You could always monetise MUGEN by creating something completely original and obtaining a commercial licence from Elecbyte, thus allowing you to legally sell your game, but that's not the case here in the slightest; Ace does not have a commercial licence to monetise the engine and has neither legal ownership over the characters—as the assets are from commercial games—nor creative ownership because he didn't make them and the edits made to them are minimal in contrast, so you're paying a guy money to get access to a game full of characters you can effectively get for free from their original sources.

But hey, it's your money you're using to fund illegal distribution of the engine and copyrighted content, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#437  February 26, 2020, 08:11:08 pm
  • Wowzers!

You're again assuming Ace has put a ton of work into the game when he hasn't. You could always monetise MUGEN by creating something completely original and obtaining a commercial licence from Elecbyte,

i thought they are MIA.

thus allowing you to legally sell your game, but that's not the case here in the slightest; Ace does not have a commercial licence to monetise the engine and has neither legal ownership over the characters—as the assets are from commercial games—nor creative ownership because he didn't make them and the edits made to them are minimal in contrast, so you're paying a guy money to get access to a game full of characters you can effectively get for free from their original sources.

But hey, it's your money you're using to fund illegal distribution of the engine and copyrighted content, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so your saying I could go make a burger myself or have someone else make the burger for me?
#438  February 26, 2020, 08:11:16 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
You know you can defend this trash all you want but you can't deny how fucked it is

first off... what program is that where you can show the keyboard?

second how old is that footage?

third does all that work against a real opponent?

and did you report these "bugs"?

1. NohBoard
2. The one that was shared everywhere lol, not that solving these problems would save this dumpster file of a compilation of hastfuly edited characters that can totally be accessed with one click.
3. An infinite is a fucking infinite, of course it would work on a real opponent. Hell the last video shows how you can do joe's launcher infinite from anywhere on the screen since your "game" has sadclaps mechanics lol.
4. Why the fuck should I report these bugs to a gutter trash compilation on facebook who can't read the fucking manual

Usage

Under this license, permission is granted to use the M.U.G.E.N
Environment free of charge for non-commercial purposes.
Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:18:08 pm by Amidweiz
#439  February 26, 2020, 08:18:19 pm
  • Wowzers!
What the hell Ace did with Jmorphman's Joe.
And also Ace dare to not only messed up with Blaze Agent by Ethan Lives but also put his name in the character.

I guess that sucks. but I think its cool you know the names of the creators. I see its really the time invested you feel is more than the time he invested and how dare he try to trade his time while using the community's time for some scratch...

"bugs"

You don't want to accept the fact that this "game" is broken af don't you?

I guess I don't know what broken is. show me DA WAE to some perfect builds.
#440  February 26, 2020, 08:25:31 pm
  • Wowzers!
You know you can defend this trash all you want but you can't deny how fucked it is

first off... what program is that where you can show the keyboard?

second how old is that footage?

third does all that work against a real opponent?

and did you report these "bugs"?

1. NohBoard
2. The one that was shared everywhere lol, not that solving these problems would save this dumpster file of a compilation of hastfuly edited characters that can totally be accessed with one click.
3. An infinite is a fucking infinite, of course it would work on a real opponent. Hell the last video shows how you can do joe's launcher infinite from anywhere on the screen since your "game" has sadclaps mechanics lol.
4. Why the fuck should I report these bugs to a gutter trash compilation on facebook who can't read the fucking manual

Usage

Under this license, permission is granted to use the M.U.G.E.N
Environment free of charge for non-commercial purposes.

man... the animosity is strong. I do understand tho. still don't agree. its hard out here in these streets. and also in the mugen monetization block.
 Yall be str8 banging on fools who disrespect the set by trying to come up. Str8 Gangsta and I can respect that.