YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17337691 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle
#21  April 09, 2015, 05:11:02 pm
  • SNK is life
Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:20:24 pm by walt
#22  April 09, 2015, 05:21:29 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
yeah I was wondering how pots fit into the whole thing but I don't know his history like that so I didn't want to assume anything
#23  April 09, 2015, 05:24:10 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm pretty sure they just took Reu's ERyu from POTS' site, and thought POTS made it. Not to mention, I believe Reu even mentioned that the sprite edits in his characters weren't even made by him, but King Tigre.
#24  April 09, 2015, 05:33:23 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
You are correct.  That was partially the source of the Evil Homer controversy years ago was that the FX were left unchanged, and the FX/sprites were by KingTigre and TMasta and NOT Reu. 

I guess I should take the L on this one, I honestly never noticed the credits.
#25  April 09, 2015, 05:38:07 pm
  • SNK is life
No, I mean, I just want to contact the Screw Attack guys and tell them "Hey, were this English speaking community, you could contact us for info instead of trampling all over the community's work for Youtube profits"

If they come here, we can at least tell them how to properly credit the spriters, or even get help, who knows.
#26  April 09, 2015, 05:41:19 pm
    • USA
Assuming my info is right Screwattack don't make the animations, they commission animators to do them.  You're right though, a little courtesy would be nice.  I'm sure most people wouldn't mind their stuff being used at all, as it gets more people aware of their work.
#27  April 09, 2015, 05:59:55 pm
  • SNK is life
Exactly. More exposure of MUGEN means we could make the community grow.

I've contacted them through Twitter, invited them to come here (they know MFG exists because they've used POTS and Sean Altly's materials) - Let's see if they respond the call.
#28  April 09, 2015, 06:05:26 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#29  April 09, 2015, 06:07:29 pm
  • SNK is life
oh yeah, someone is getting suplexed
#30  April 09, 2015, 06:27:05 pm
The only time I remember they credited someone correctly is when there was that Toph vs Gaara Death Battle, in which they credited AkumaTh for the Toph spritesheet, which is correct (they even put the spritesheet in the description)...

Since we're talking about ScrewAttack, the best One Minute Melee for me was Mr. Satan vs Dan. Of course, not great sprite edits for some instances, but I really enjoyed it, which is rare for me.
#31  April 09, 2015, 08:13:47 pm
    • USA
#32  April 09, 2015, 11:37:11 pm
    • USA
    • Chad@ScrewAttack.com
Hey everyone! Walt reached out to us and we've been speaking via e-mail. Apologies for any confusion on sprite crediting. Sometimes when we come across assets we'd like to use in the episode we can't track down the exact source. The internet's a big place haha. But, I want to express to you that we always do attempt to track down the source for proper crediting / permission. We'll definitively pop into this community for future episodes that require Mugen sprites to ensure everything's on the up and up.  Glad you guys enjoy the show!

Love,
Boomstick
#33  April 09, 2015, 11:40:35 pm
  • SNK is life
BOOM!
#34  April 09, 2015, 11:41:54 pm
    • USA
Awesome job Walt.  You're the best.
#35  April 09, 2015, 11:49:48 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm pretty sure these guys will definitely be interested in some of the cool things that have been going on lately around here.

We've gotta admit that while gaming at large is becoming more mainstream, this 2D FG fandom is getting pretty niche, so we should all be friends :P
#36  April 09, 2015, 11:57:01 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
 :D
#37  April 10, 2015, 12:03:04 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Holy hell, its Boomstick. Great work, walt!! :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#38  April 10, 2015, 12:06:11 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
didn't expect that so soon but thats definitely cool. Question what was the first death battle you guys saw? I first watched the tmnt episode
#39  April 10, 2015, 12:11:19 am
I think Chun Li vs Mai Shiranui, or Link vs Cloud, I'm not sure.
#40  April 10, 2015, 12:14:45 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Must resist temptation to suggest for Lara Croft v.s. Indiana Jones and Spike Spiegel v.s. Mokoto Kusanagi straight to source...

Thanks for that though, Walt.  Awesome job, you're the best.

didn't expect that so soon but thats definitely cool. Question what was the first death battle you guys saw? I first watched the tmnt episode
I think Goomba v.s. Koopa.  Then I was saddened Wonder Woman didn't explode Rogue's head in one punch, but was happy Samus did similar enough to Boba.
Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:46:51 am by Long John Killer