YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515613 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#5101  June 13, 2021, 01:53:30 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 01:57:28 pm by TrinitroRoy
#5102  June 13, 2021, 02:41:01 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Holy... so, not content with giving us Sassy Queen Rabbid Peach, we get Lazy Assed Rabbid Daisy and Teen Rabbid Luigi? This is going to rule so hard! XD
#5103  June 13, 2021, 05:50:02 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I think you mean a lazy Rabbid Rosalina.
#5104  June 14, 2021, 11:02:02 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Being a bit of a Johnny-come-lately, but I finally tried out the Miitopia demo. And I must say, it's actually quite fun. Was playing with my two younger brothers watching, and was getting a kick out of filling all the different roles with what few Miis I had on my Switch at the time. I enjoyed it enough to move all my Mii's over from my 3DS and Wii U in order to have enough to fill the roles of the other NPCs. Might go back even further and move some of my old Wii Miis over as well. Still gotta figure out the mechanics and whatnot, but I'm definitely considering buying it.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#5105  June 14, 2021, 11:31:45 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I've played miitopia before on the 3ds, when i first heard that it's returning to the nintendo switch i just had to beat it again and now there's new things that the original release didn't have
#5106  June 15, 2021, 06:34:56 pm
Uh, that fucking Ganondorf/Smash troll on the direct
But Hyrule Warriors is bringing back the super unique weapons.
Edit
OH
NEVERMIND
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 06:40:01 pm by Byakko
#5107  June 15, 2021, 06:42:47 pm
    • Brazil
Its impressive how Nintendo managed to have much more interesting anouncements than everything else in this shitty E3 with so little effort and without taking forever like the other ones. The only thing better was Elden Ring and that was in Summer Games Fest.
#5108  June 15, 2021, 06:52:57 pm
without taking forever like the other ones.
Metroid and botw2 say what
(lol the treehouse for Metroid Dread says the idea for it started 15 years ago, that took a while)

I missed it but people are saying they said "we have nothing else planned" so no oot/mm/tp re-release ? Oh my fucking god Nintendo why are you like this.
edit - yeah, Ao basically says that when presenting the G&W thing that no one asked for. "It's the anniversary and we have nothing else for Switch but here's a piece of garbage for you idk."
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 01:09:18 am by Byakko
#5109  June 15, 2021, 07:49:10 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
My Project Zero 5 is worthless now. But at least I can buy it on Steam.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#5110  June 15, 2021, 11:11:08 pm
    • USA
Finally, the elusive Metroid: Dread reveals itself. 2D Metroids are always my favored entries in the series, so this reveal pleases me greatly (not to mention those excellent amiibo figures!).

And, yes! WarioWare! I'm glad they're not waiting over half a decade to release a new one. I dunno how I feel about the game's gimmick yet, but I'll buy it regardless because the more Wario, the better.

Might get that new Mario Party game because I need one for the Switch and Super Mario Party looked too bland and soulless for my liking.

I'll have to scoop up one of them LoZ Game and Watch systems, maybe two. I wonder if Nintendo is going to make a series of these things based on their different franchises?

Other than that, the direct was serviceable. Lack of a Switch Pro announcement makes me a sad panda. 

#5111  June 16, 2021, 12:36:32 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The mental gears in my brain have been grinding and giving off smoke for some hours now contemplating they actually ARE doing Metroid 5.  Fusion leaves the whole series at such an absolute departure from the status quo face of the series and then you have top of the controversy pile Other M to consider recontextualizing the series as a whole for the worse and Sakamoto's dead-set vision to not budge from that standpoint....I'm fully aware Samus Returns rebukes Other M and ties in Prime 3, but since then Sakamoto still clamped down on Other M's importance.

All I can see when I look at Dread is the dread of the black cloud of Adam A.I. hanging around being the anti-Cortana.  That and the logistics of what the story could cover and what direction they could even go....?  Universally, metroids and all their back-ups are dead, sans Samus herself is now DNA altered to be the last one ever.  And I don't much feel like contemplating the story's direction of her giving birth to new ones, being the new last metroid queen, as much as my negative bias against Sakamoto's story direction leaves me almost believing he would do that in some form.  Ignoring that, as far as end of Fusion goes Samus is a traitor to the Galactic Federation and kind of a freaky frankenstein. (Though implied by the speedrun ending that eating the SA-X fixed that)  This new suit notably isn't the fusion suit, but it is maintaining parts of it, being bonded to Samus' skin and all.  Which is slightly strange in where the new additions came from if she has no help to turn to.  I'm gonna assume it's Chozo tech fixing/restoring the old defaults but that's purely a guess.

Anyways, lots to ponder what they'll do.  I thought main storyline progression was dead with this series, genuinely.  The fanbase as a near whole is actively against what was supposed to be the series lore and character deep dive that was to set the stage not just revising history but going forward.  So seriously wondering what they plan to do.

Also the robots are literally just Alyx from Half-Life's Dog robot.  But repainted by GlaDOS.  Fitting, seeing the shared universe.  So that's fun.

Watching the Treehouse gameplay, ok, it was kinda amusing that they clarified that the Adam A.I. won't give you orders and is just a lore encyclopedia.  So there's that.
Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 03:25:31 am by Long John Killer
#5112  June 16, 2021, 03:58:25 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Can we all agree that Nintendo has saved E3 2021?
#5113  June 16, 2021, 04:08:55 am
    • Brazil
I can agree that there was no E3 or Summer Games Fest, just a Nintendo Direct a few days after the Elden Ring trailer.
#5114  July 06, 2021, 11:47:28 pm
    • USA

#5115  July 07, 2021, 12:07:23 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It's just a slightly more expensive Switch with a slightly bigger screen and an Ethernet port by default.
#5116  July 07, 2021, 11:46:02 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
And the Ethernet port is part of the dock, which presumably you can buy separately and has been confirmed to work with older models.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5117  July 07, 2021, 12:34:32 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Can we all agree that Nintendo has saved E3 2021?

any company saved E3 this year.xD but there was only Two game that took my attention they were, the new Metroid 5 and Darksoul 4 (Elden Ring)
#5118  July 08, 2021, 03:00:49 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#5119  July 09, 2021, 03:10:24 am
    • USA
Was thinking about getting it until I realized I wouldn't ever even see the improved screen, since I keep my Switch docked most of the time. I'm tempted to get that dock though.

#5120  July 09, 2021, 03:34:40 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
It is a bit suspect that this OLED model is, like, 90% on the mark with previous rumor details, some rather specific....except matching with the point that most would have been interested in, the 4K resolution and general hardware bump.  The superfluous stuff, that's all on the money.  Ah well.  I guess it's something.

My current Switch has been showing its wear and tear of being a day one buy and was rather hoping for that full next step upgrade to replace it.  But this model only impacts those who stick to handheld mode, and I get maybe, like, 15 minutes of handheld use per week out of it generally?  It's more a docked console for me so the OLED screen doesn't warrant a purchase alone for me.

Also its been 23 days since Nintendo's E3 and I'm still in disbelief that Metroid 5, Metroid Dread specifically is still a thing that's coming out in a relatively recent time schedule.  Like what the hell.  It's like Duke Nukem Forever but I'm actually invested and care.  Also don't be like Duke Nukem Forever please.