YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 987298 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters
#21  May 29, 2013, 03:17:31 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
I came up with other suggestions hehe!  ;P

*Rick from Flying Dragons, transformed (This game is a Hiryu No Ken hybrid between 2 and 3)
*Batman from Batman Returns or Return of the Joker.
*Victar from Demon Sword.
*Bang from Clash at Demon Head.
*Chin and Ranzou from Double Dragon III.
*Orin the Falconer from 8 Eyes.
*Astyanax
*Kuros from Wizards and Warriors (This a you must! pleeeease!)
*Samus from Metroid.
*Bart from Prisoners of War.
*Rambo.
*The Knight from Swordmaster.
*Daniel San from Karate Kid (LOL)
*Black Manta from Wrath of the Black Manta.
*Gundam from Great Battle Cyber.
*Rangers from Kyouruu Sentai Juuranger.
*Seiya from Saint Seiya 2 Famicom.
*Captain Planet.
*Kid Icarus.
*Little Nemo the Dream Master.
*Vampire and The Monster from Monster in my Pocket.
*Mark from Monster Party.
*Prince of Persia.
*George and Lizzy from Rampage.
*Blade and Striker from Bad Dudes.
*Duke Davis from Bad Street Brawler.
*Fighter from Bao Qing Tian.
*Fighters from Choujin Sentai Jetman.
*Thonolan from Kickmaster.
*Steve Hermann from Shatterhand.
*Warwolf from Werewolf: The Last Warrior.
*Fighters from Best of the Best: Championship Karate.
*Fighter from Fighting Road (Famicom) NOTE: you have a wide variety of techniques and attacks at your disposal to use.
*A good variety of fighters to choose from Hiryuu no Ken Special - Fighting Wars (Famicom).
*Karateka from Karate Champ.
*Karateka from Track and Field II.
*Fighter from Yie Ar Kung-Fu.
*Robocop.

Well that's all for now. =3
#22  May 29, 2013, 04:47:01 am
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
Oh, wasn't aware there was a helper bug fix lol. But I'll tell u how i replicated the glitch anyway: i believe when Fireball Luigi is summoned, u hit him when hes in midair or right when he lands, and he turns into a clone of mario.

Eh, link's range in zelda 2 was somewhat puny. His small sword won't give him much of an advantage. Plus, there's many ways to balance out that slight distance advantage.

Another good ff character that could replace black mage is Maria from Final Fantasy II/2.

Yeah, the bug fix I uploaded fixed that silly problem.

About Link, I guess you're right about that. I'll reconsider it but at this point, I really don't want to remove him from being a helper either. Maria...off. She would make a good character to add in but like said, I'm only sticking with protagonists of the first game.

I came up with other suggestions hehe!  ;P

*Rick from Flying Dragons, transformed (This game is a Hiryu No Ken hybrid between 2 and 3) Only sticking with Ryuhi from the series
*Batman from Batman Returns or Return of the Joker. Not getting in.
*Victar from Demon Sword. If Ryu gets in, he won't be playable since his moveset will be pretty similar. Also taking a sword off of a samurai doesn't seem right.
*Bang from Clash at Demon Head. Oof...I originally wanted this guy in but there was someone else from Vic Tokai that I wanted to put in...if I can make two slots for Vic Tokai, maybe but that's unlikely.
*Chin and Ranzou from Double Dragon III. Needs to be the main protagonist
*Orin the Falconer from 8 Eyes. ...this could be an interesting character with the falcon helping him out. I'll think about it.
*Astyanax I'll think about him, I honestly didn't think much about Jaleco's stuff.
*Kuros from Wizards and Warriors (This a you must! pleeeease!) Another game I didn't think about but this falls into another case of a weapon user that wouldn't seem right without his weapon)
*Samus from Metroid.  So likely it hurts.
*Bart from Prisoners of War.  Could use a SNK represenative, will consider him
*Rambo. Not getting in.
*The Knight from Swordmaster. A sword master without a sword...doesn't seem right.
*Daniel San from Karate Kid (LOL) Not getting in.
*Black Manta from Wrath of the Black Manta. Will be overshadowed by Ryu if he gets in.
*Gundam from Great Battle Cyber. Not getting in.
*Rangers from Kyouruu Sentai Juuranger. Not getting in.
*Seiya from Saint Seiya 2 Famicom. Not getting in.
*Captain Planet. Not getting in.
*Kid Icarus. I'll consider it but if Samus gets in, he'll probably be one of her helpers.
*Little Nemo the Dream Master. Not getting in.
*Vampire and The Monster from Monster in my Pocket. Not getting in.
*Mark from Monster Party. When I said about American-exclusive characters getting in, this is who I had in mind. I want to include him but I might have to change him a bit so he'll have the ability to transform into other monsters.
*Prince of Persia. This is a character that relies heavily on a weapon but if I could somehow work the traps into his moveset, maybe.
*George and Lizzy from Rampage. Ok there's a game I forgot. I could probably include the usual giant character with all power but slow moves.
*Blade and Striker from Bad Dudes. I'll think about adding Blade.
*Duke Davis from Bad Street Brawler. Maybe, could use a Power Glove represenative.
*Fighter from Bao Qing Tian.  This guy was sword-reliant iirc...although I'm surprised you know this game.
*Fighters from Choujin Sentai Jetman. Not getting in.
*Thonolan from Kickmaster. Very likely
*Steve Hermann from Shatterhand. Very likely
*Warwolf from Werewolf: The Last Warrior. I'll think about this one
*Fighters from Best of the Best: Championship Karate. Given the publishers for this one, this character wouldn't be able to have helpers at all so they won't get in.
*Fighter from Fighting Road (Famicom) NOTE: you have a wide variety of techniques and attacks at your disposal to use. Ok, I never heard of this game to be honest. I'll take a look into it when I can.
*A good variety of fighters to choose from Hiryuu no Ken Special - Fighting Wars (Famicom).  Only sticking with Ryuhi from the series
*Karateka from Karate Champ. Eh, probably not depending on how many karate guys we got...although this could make a good bonus stage.
*A good variety of fighters to choose from Hiryuu no Ken Only sticking with Ryuhi from the series
*Karateka from Track and Field II. Only sticking with Ryuhi from the series
*Fighter from Yie Ar Kung-Fu. Already stated I'll look into Oolong and see what I can come up with.
*Robocop. Not getting in.

might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 02:45:31 am by KingPepe2010
#23  May 29, 2013, 04:57:08 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
More suggestions, why not?

* Athena
* Main character from Crystalis (don't know if he has a official name)
* Kage
* Arthur
* Hammerin' Harry
* Kid Niki
* Lode Runner
* Bubblun
* Dig Dug
* Toki
* The floating head from Zombie Nation for a boss
#24  May 29, 2013, 06:13:14 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Thanks for the reply, at least now I understand why you don't want to use certain characters.

I was wondering about Rygar, or the Prince from Prince of Persia on NES, which also reminds me of the main character from Dragon's Lair.
#25  May 29, 2013, 09:42:00 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Alright, noticed that the Urban Champ guy can rack up a good amount of damage just by pressing the kick attack in the corner. That intentional? (Urban Champ juggles with his 3 hit attack.)

Also, got one more recommendation: The Duck Hunt Dog!
#26  May 29, 2013, 10:12:31 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Also the Hero from Faxanadu, now if you need some BGM from NES games i can give you a hand if needed, i can rip them and turn them into:

*Stereo output.
*3 Minute long.
*Higher frequency quality.
*Fixed Volume normalization.
*Fading effect in the BGM before looping.

cheers. :drummer:
#27  May 30, 2013, 07:00:21 am
    • USA
More suggestions, why not?

* Athena She was the SNK representative I had in mind originally and she's got a somewhat decent change of getting in.
* Main character from Crystalis (don't know if he has a official name) ...I'll have to remove the sword from his basic attacks but between Athena and this guy, it's a bit of a tough choice.
* Kage Unlikely due to the fact he may end up too similar to Ryu
* Arthur Another good possible Capcom character, may or may not lose out due to roster space.
* Hammerin' Harry ...not sure to be honest, I'd rather put in the next character you mentioned for Irem...
* Kid Niki Yeah, this guy. Given the fact he's got 3 games means I could use more from him. I can't let him use his sword though for basic attacks but I could imagine him using actual punches and kicks just fine.
* Lode Runner I'd rather use him as a helper since he doesn't have a whole lot outside of making pits.
* Bubblun Depends on what you're referring to. If you mean the dragon form, I can't because of the size issues. If you're referring to his human form, then yeah I can get away with that. (and give him a hyper where he transforms into the dragon form.)
* Dig Dug Very likely, probably the best Namco representative.
* Toki I'll have to play this game again, could make an interesting character
* The floating head from Zombie Nation for a boss For now, I'm not looking for bosses.

Thanks for the reply, at least now I understand why you don't want to use certain characters.

I was wondering about Rygar, or the Prince from Prince of Persia on NES, which also reminds me of the main character from Dragon's Lair.

Not too sure on adding Dirk, if he does get in he might be something like how I described the Prince would be.

Alright, noticed that the Urban Champ guy can rack up a good amount of damage just by pressing the kick attack in the corner. That intentional? (Urban Champ juggles with his 3 hit attack.)

Also, got one more recommendation: The Duck Hunt Dog!

That...was not intentional. I'll fix him in the next update.

Duck Hunt Dog would be interesting, I could probably give him the Zapper as his weapon.

Also the Hero from Faxanadu, now if you need some BGM from NES games i can give you a hand if needed, i can rip them and turn them into:

*Stereo output.
*3 Minute long.
*Higher frequency quality.
*Fixed Volume normalization.
*Fading effect in the BGM before looping.

cheers. :drummer:
I'll have to play that game again to see what I can come up with. With BGMs, I'm not sure if I really need help with them but I'll keep this in mind.

Also a screenshot with a mockup HUD (don't worry, that Mega Man is real):

I plan on changing it so I can put in some stuff for helpers and I've gotten complaints about it being a bit difficult seeing how much life you have in the old HUD.
BGC Forums
Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:01:10 pm by KingPepe2010
#28  May 30, 2013, 11:38:18 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Hey man, maybe you could use Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punch Out! i have this one made by J-Hoax, just took a shot.

PS: i love your full game, keep it up please! :yippi:
#29  May 30, 2013, 11:50:03 pm
  • A rapadura é doce mas não é mole não
    • Israel
#30  May 31, 2013, 12:27:21 am
    • USA
Hey man, maybe you could use Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punch Out! i have this one made by J-Hoax, just took a shot.

PS: i love your full game, keep it up please! :yippi:

Little Mac is pretty likely although his sprites will have to be completely redrawn for this game.

Hayato from Shadow of the Ninja!

That was a great game!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g-AojE_kW8

I originally said it was unlikely because of Ryu but I completely forgot Hayate can use a kusarigama in the game. This doesn't mean he'll definitely get in now but coming up with a move set for this guy could be interesting.
BGC Forums

MDI

#31  May 31, 2013, 07:38:29 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Muy sexiroso
ey
#32  May 31, 2013, 07:49:23 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Bootleg games you say? Hopefully we'll see some Street Fighter IV characters.

Gonna keep an eye on this one.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#33  May 31, 2013, 09:22:18 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
When an opponent blocks Mario's EX fire ball, the fire ball drags them till the fire ball leaves the screen.  If on an end of a stage, the ex fireball can chip the opponent to death. Only way i know how to get out of it is the combo breaker or whatever its called. (And using it takes up a whole meter!)
#34  May 31, 2013, 11:16:12 pm
    • USA
Bootleg games you say? Hopefully we'll see some Street Fighter IV characters.

Gonna keep an eye on this one.

Yeah, I'm really tempted to put either Bunny or Stalong in the game. I'll have to see how many bootleg characters can get in.

When an opponent blocks Mario's EX fire ball, the fire ball drags them till the fire ball leaves the screen.  If on an end of a stage, the ex fireball can chip the opponent to death. Only way i know how to get out of it is the combo breaker or whatever its called. (And using it takes up a whole meter!)

...oh wow, how did I not notice this? I just fixed it, might release a character fix sometime soon.

Posted: June 02, 2013, 11:39:50 pm
Character fixes here:
Link
BGC Forums
Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:40:49 pm by KingPepe2010
#35  June 03, 2013, 01:26:39 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Uh oh, just found another glitch involving you know who: Mario!
When me and my bro were up against each other as Mario in Simon's stage, one Mario (in his smb 1 pallete) did a fireball in the air, and the other Mario (dressed as luigi) threw a super fire ball. When they connected, LUIGI was born! The timing is quite tricky though. I already downloaded the recent character fixes and the helper bug fix, so i have no idea why i got a clone.  :mmiley:
#36  June 03, 2013, 04:07:16 am
    • USA
Ok,, I can explain that one. He engulfs the corpses that were made when he lost a life on fire and knocks them into the opponent.

...not really, I will get to fixing on that one soon.
BGC Forums
#37  June 03, 2013, 04:25:31 am
    • USA
    • xjiggler@yahoo.com
Cheetah Men?
#38  June 03, 2013, 07:41:25 am
    • USA
Good chance of getting in (probably going to use Apollo, the one with the crossbow) but I'll have to come up with a good move set. x_x
BGC Forums
#39  June 03, 2013, 10:00:35 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
When Urban Champ hits the opponent with a jump strong punch (forward + punch) while the opponent is in the air, he can keep juggling them with the same attack up to 8 hits. Does a lot of damage.
Also, will Donkey Kong be in the game?
#40  June 03, 2013, 10:03:02 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
shit i always forget to try this out. since i used your rips for my musashi, i feel obligated