YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 988498 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters
#41  June 04, 2013, 07:06:58 am
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
When Urban Champ hits the opponent with a jump strong punch (forward + punch) while the opponent is in the air, he can keep juggling them with the same attack up to 8 hits. Does a lot of damage.
Also, will Donkey Kong be in the game?
Yikes...I'll fix that. When I redid his juggles, I was only thinking of his Jump Light Punch > Jump Strong Punch combo, not the individual move itself. x_x
About Donkey Kong...maybe? I'm more inclined to put his son in. (also given the fact I might put in one of the Rampage characters kind of shrinks down the chance)

shit i always forget to try this out. since i used your rips for my musashi, i feel obligated
Oh yeah, I remember your Musashi character! It's always nice to see someone use the sheets I made as well.
...didn't you used to go on PGC Forums as well?

Posted: June 04, 2013, 06:23:17 pm
New bug fix here:
link
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:23:29 pm by KingPepe2010
#42  June 05, 2013, 02:47:38 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Not an actual problem, but why can't Simon use his whip attack mid-air? (Or i just suck bad and can't do it -_-
Oh, and also got another recommendation: Balloon Fighter! Just seems like his air maneuvers would make him a cool addition.
#43  June 05, 2013, 04:05:00 am
    • USA
When he was originally made, he was never planned to do it mid-air which is why. Even then, I'm not sure what would be the purpose of doing it in mid-air outside of being an air-to-air.
...Balloon Fighter would be interesting just have him flying around and attacking. The only problem mainly comes from not only his move set but Urban Champion already represents the "1st-gen" Nintendo games. (not sure if 1st-gen would really apply but I mean like the much smaller, simpler NES games). If anything, Balloon Fighter could be his helper.
BGC Forums
#44  June 05, 2013, 11:58:10 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
...Balloon Fighter would be interesting just have him flying around and attacking. The only problem mainly comes from not only his move set but Urban Champion already represents the "1st-gen" Nintendo games. (not sure if 1st-gen would really apply but I mean like the much smaller, simpler NES games). If anything, Balloon Fighter could be his helper.

His move set is a problem? He could have quite an interesting move set, though there are OTHER characters that could do the whole air maneuver game well too. Also, you can get DAMN creative with his balloons, like you did with urban champ.  :bulb2: The only problems i see with including balloon fighter other than the 1st gen stuff is that he is a small character, and that there are other flying characters that might be able to do the whole air thing just as well, if not better. (Though most of them just shoot stuff though.) Regarding the 1st-gen thing, having more than one 1st gen wouldn't hurt. (Unless you've got some other 1st-gen character in the works that no one knows of.) 
#45  June 06, 2013, 01:29:44 am
    • USA
His size isn't much of a problem, I think he may get away with being resized to about Mario's height (or slightly shorter) just fine. I'm just trying to think of what I can utilize from his game that could work well in terms of his move set. In terms of special moves, the only thing I can think of that wouldn't be entirely new is for him to maybe shoot a bolt out of his hands similar to the ones the clouds shoot. I'm not saying this is what will ultimately keep him from getting a spot, it's more like one of the few problems with making him as a character.
BGC Forums
#46  June 06, 2013, 02:50:29 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
 :laugh4: LOL yea there's not much from the game for balloon fighters special moves. For supers and hypers though, he could probably summon a electric cloud in the air that would shoot people for a while, and for another super/hyper, he could make water flood the bottom of the stage, and if you stay in it too long you get hit by that asshole of a fish. For the bolt special, maybe it should be more like the one that just stays still in game c of balloon fighter. ( Stays on stage for only a second and a bit.)
#47  June 07, 2013, 01:59:15 am
    • USA
Yeah, anything that could be used from his game is probably reserved for his supers/hyper. I'm more tempted to make him a helper for Urban Champ. if anything so don't get your hopes up about him making it in as a playable character.

Also have some Mega Man doing some Mega Man-y stuff:

BGC Forums
#48  June 07, 2013, 02:32:11 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
 :bison:  :woeh:  :flipout: ALL MY HYPE!
oh, and Metal blades cool and all, but will he have the Gemini Laser from MM3? (My favourite NES/Famicom power up/weapon)
Also, I'm guessing his assist from the same franchise is going to rush or protoman?

Edit: Simon's axe when hit by a projectile (I used Mario's regular, EX and Super fireball) his axe turns into Simon himself!
Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:42:49 am by Prototype God
#49  June 07, 2013, 02:56:18 am
    • USA
...man, I am so glad I have someone catching these bugs for me.
I might have his Gemini Laser as his super where he shoots a bunch of them and they bounce around the stage. For his helper, I was thinking of either Protoman or Beat. I'm saving Rush for his hyper.
BGC Forums
#50  June 07, 2013, 03:22:25 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Can't wait to test Megaman! keep it up! :2thumbsup:
#51  June 07, 2013, 01:21:27 pm
    • USA
Another bug fix:
Link
BGC Forums
#52  June 07, 2013, 01:26:29 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Another bug fix:
Link

Oh lol just found another glitch with Simon and urban. when UB champ summons his assist in the corner, Simon hits the assist with a light kick, and the assist goes flying diagonally down the screen. Pretty cool glitch, but UB cant summon his assist. (If i stop finding these things, maybe mega dude will get released sooner...  :sweatdrop:)
#53  June 07, 2013, 02:16:51 pm
    • USA
...oof, I just found out why and fixed it. Also don't worry about Mega Man being delayed. A lot of these fixes appear to be just simple, stupid mistakes on my part. Besides, the next update is going to be pretty big so it might take a while regardless.
BGC Forums
#54  June 07, 2013, 06:10:30 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Just out of curiosity, Rad Spencer will be in this awesome game right? (just wanna make sure) *prays*
Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:17:57 pm by Noside
#55  June 07, 2013, 06:46:06 pm
    • USA
I can't say if he's in or not, I can only say he's got a pretty high chance of getting it. ;)
BGC Forums
#56  June 07, 2013, 07:04:50 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#57  June 07, 2013, 07:29:35 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Kenshiro from Hokuto No Ken on the NES?no?Oh well

Anyway,this looks very nice,i like the retro feel.
#58  June 09, 2013, 01:09:27 am
    • USA
Thanks!

Re-uploaded the latest character fix since it didn't exactly fix everything:
Link
BGC Forums
#59  June 09, 2013, 05:22:05 pm
  • Korean Mugen User
    • South Korea
    • blog.naver.com/bartsu

I insert my stuff in your mugen

8bit is under attack in 16bit!!

Visit my blog!!

Actually, I'm idiot
#60  June 12, 2013, 05:39:15 am
    • USA
...kind of surprised that character worked. I'm not sure if all characters will end up being compatible with this but then again, this wasn't intended to be used to put other characters in.
BGC Forums