YesNoOk

Ideas for the request section (Read 21021 times)

Started by Skank88, August 28, 2007, 12:04:29 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

You want the request section closed or open?

Closed, too spamming and leechers!!!
48 (60%)
Open, because i can't make request!
17 (21.3%)
None
15 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Re: NOW STOP!!!
#21  August 28, 2007, 04:09:52 pm
  • "You'll hang for this!"
The request board needs to be moderated. It's as simple as that.

It's the people who are request and are just damn rude in the process. Virtually nobody appears to be thankful for anything, these noobs are irritating.
#22  August 28, 2007, 04:16:23 pm
I share your pain guys, I know I'm not a contributor level or anything like that, hopefully yet, but it is somehow less spammed/out of control over at MugenBR, so maybe this is simply something people are getting out of their system or rebelling against staff with for making the changes. Afterall, with so many members, who's stopping anyone from creating multiple accounts and doing such a rebellious act as being an asshole on the requests board?

I'd like to give staff more credit than I think that paragraph implies, though.

I made a serious request for EvilOrochi, whether Beta or not, he looks pretty complete, and I just want a copy of to play around with. If he sucks, I'll delete him, but hell, I could tell you I simply wanted him for nostalgia and it wouldn't matter because to anyone else, I can say one thing and mean another, despite my true intentions, which are to play.

My thread was spammed, I tried to get it back on track, but two more people with rather lackluster spelling showed up and requested him too, before anyone had even announced they had a copy to send!

Now, I feel as though SO many people have requested characters, that I can't possibly recieve my request, or get an answer like "he's only an alpha stage creation" to solve my pain so I can move on with my life. I just want some closure....My thread is buried, and so will everyone else's be until people stop requesting so much and someone can finally start helping others out, if anyone is willing for it.

What I'd suggest has already been stated, partly, I think.

Create a separate request forum, hidden from regular members, where contributors and up can request characters from each other, and let the idiots currently browsing and spamming the request forum keep their crappy forum.

Thanks, I'll step off of my soap box now.
#23  August 28, 2007, 04:19:05 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Create a separate request forum, hidden from regular members, where contributors and up can request characters from each other, and let the idiots currently browsing and spamming the request forum keep their crappy forum.
That's an idea BUT ... BUT ... it would be like going back to the old system which was there 2 days ago. ;P
#24  August 28, 2007, 04:23:57 pm
Well, I would say it is, and it isn't, because at least the SERIOUS people can be somewhat satisfied under the new system, and the dingbats who want to post a new thread everty two seconds for a character that can easily be found ten seconds into a Google search without having to wait for someone to reply with the character, can do as they wish.

It would still be at our discretion with the current rules, but would consist solely of people who were really comitted to Mugen, rather than looking for a five minute fix on a character they'll only play once.
#25  August 28, 2007, 04:30:27 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Even if two separate forums for requests were made, what about the ones who wants to see serious requests but are non-contributors? Are they just screwed because you don't like the ones who *are* posting those requests you don't like?

In any case, I wouldn't agree with the split Request areas as well.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#26  August 28, 2007, 04:34:44 pm
    • Germany
#27  August 28, 2007, 04:37:21 pm
Well, Panzer, considering that I'm only a user as well, I would be giving up my right to seriously request in such a forum, now wouldn't I?

The only thing to do then is to actually contribute, somehow, even if it's only something obvious, to the point where someone can say, "Hey, he belongs in the contributors group" and voila, I would then be able to request.

But hey, it was only an idea, and it would allow for less work for staff as well, I would hope...
#28  August 28, 2007, 04:37:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
there will be no separate request forum based on user level.
#29  August 28, 2007, 04:41:19 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Well, Panzer, considering that I'm only a user as well, I would be giving up my right to seriously request in such a forum, now wouldn't I?

The only thing to do then is to actually contribute, somehow, even if it's only something obvious, to the point where someone can say, "Hey, he belongs in the contributors group" and voila, I would then be able to request.

But hey, it was only an idea, and it would allow for less work for staff as well, I would hope...

I'm not sure of that. With these new open source rules, I wouldn't put it pass some people to make minor edits of characters just to get creator status, or for that matter, pulling an Oohwhap.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#30  August 28, 2007, 07:26:42 pm
    • Germany
and they will probably get the same kind of respect oohwap did. and never do it again. :)
#31  August 28, 2007, 07:34:22 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
one request a day for all members...

that could work...

I agree with you it's going wild there. At first we thought of a system that a thread would be delayed by two days (you make a request topic, two days later it's shown), but we dropped it for technical reasons. Might need some kind of replacement for that though...

Php :yes:

You cud probably set a variable when a user post's a topic. And then reset (seems like I am talking about some Mugen stuff :P) it when 24 hours have passed.
I Dont know if its possable tho ;P i know Notinhg about Php :D
My shitty mugen stuff:
#32  August 28, 2007, 07:39:34 pm

I'm not sure of that. With these new open source rules, I wouldn't put it pass some people to make minor edits of characters just to get creator status, or for that matter, pulling an Oohwhap.
oh were going to see alot of that  :D
#33  August 28, 2007, 08:13:00 pm
  • heh i create stages...
    • www.freewebs.com/nlck09
i hate the new mugenguild now  >:(

*HINT* unrequestables list........
#34  August 28, 2007, 08:16:06 pm
    • Germany
#35  August 28, 2007, 08:16:27 pm
  • Am I evil?
IMO, the request section needs to have at least some moderation. How about this:
Each member can only have one thread at the requests. And in that thread, he'd make all his requests. So the requests section isn't flooded by requests by the same guy (ejm, Kangaroo). Something like "LotF's WIPs", but for requests issues: "LotF's Request Thread"

That's an idea BUT ... BUT ... it would be like going back to the old system which was there 2 days ago. ;P
I liked that idea too. So what if it more less roots back to the "old system"?

Just some suggestions. Oh yeah, I fucking hate that cordiality, respect, tolerance is no more in that section too  :S.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#36  August 28, 2007, 08:18:37 pm
  • Sucks to your Numerology!
That's not a bad idea.

Now you can never unsee it.
#37  August 28, 2007, 08:19:16 pm
    • Germany
wow, that does actually sound really good.

let me ask the others, but I really like the idea and it's easy to implement.
Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:21:25 pm by Valodim
#38  August 28, 2007, 08:20:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Most of the disrespect in that section is stemming from people trying to make that area worse. You don't normally see people acting like that in other request boards. And not all request boards on other forums have unrequestable lists.
#39  August 28, 2007, 08:22:10 pm
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#40  August 28, 2007, 08:30:58 pm
  • Am I evil?

Sig made by TempesT :)