YesNoOk

Quality Stamp for the High Quality work? (Read 8510 times)

Started by stig87, August 30, 2007, 03:51:06 pm
Share this topic:
Quality Stamp for the High Quality work?
#1  August 30, 2007, 03:51:06 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
It is now imppossible to seperate the good from the bad creations without downloading each and everyone of them. Therefore I propose some type of Quality Stamp. Other forums have karma...........We could have quality points or something.

Quality points would be given to those  who release good ...characters(aka no pallete swapped beefed up characters)

Releases with high quality points can be moved to a section.......or child board of their own....

To keep inflation of the system down..........only users with Contributer status(or creator status) or higher can issue out these points.

These points can also be used to determine who gets the contributer status......i.e(user with a certain amount of cummulative quality points.)

This would help to weed out the good from the bad....while still allowing ...the bad..their freedom.

It would then be easier for us to search through the release thread, and find whats high in quality points.

I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
Re: Quality Stamp for the High Quality work?
#2  August 30, 2007, 03:58:35 pm
  • Solid V
    • www.mugen-infantry.net/
I was thinking about this j00 stole muh idea :X

But meh what your talking about would be a "thread rating" which is easy to implement. They'd have to limit it to contributors or somethin though otherwise it'd be abused like our rating system in the db is...

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
#3  August 31, 2007, 12:42:13 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Defeats the purpose of the rest of the board by approaching favoritism on certain people/things.  We want an environment where everyone is encouraged to release.  And it's easier just to not do any of that at all.  :P

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#4  August 31, 2007, 02:14:23 am
  • Sucks to your Numerology!
So essentially, elitism.

Now you can never unsee it.
#5  August 31, 2007, 02:27:32 am
  • Mysterio! Do the Hustle!!!!
I like the idea of an open critique, because even newcomers have [glow=blue,2,300]occasionally[/glow] good insight on a creation.  Though there are more jokish/unserious replies, I can't accept that sort of selective criticism.  Just making a point here

FYI, it's a coyote... not a wolf f00! :Mr-T:
*Orton Poses*
\_O__/
#6  August 31, 2007, 02:54:33 am
  • Coming Soon?
anything short of fixing the boards and some posts back to the original places is not going to happen.  the mods want us to slowly drive out the leeching and crappy quality stuff and moderate ourselves.  asking for them to do something is like going to Bush and asking him to paint your house.

self moderation means self moderation.  unless they are driven to do something or change something from on high they won't.  which is most likely what messatsu's last sentence dealt with.

you want an end to shitty creations?  come up with something.

I for one am fine with having a few seasoned members speak their mind about something and then let the topic die no matter who comes in and starts talking shit about you. 

RULE OF THUMB: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

like that MK Ermac topic if we would have just ignored Drunk Ryu the topic would be no where near the size it is now.  If something makes you unhappy in the release section say two or three sentences why and then just never post there again just let it die.  after a couple of pages MAX noone should post there so that way crappy shitty creations like palette swaps die.
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#7  August 31, 2007, 03:10:47 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
someone mentioned that the way to stop a stolen cretion in this forum i to bring hell to the release topic so the mods delete it. not gonna  happen, and it might actually backfire, as a mod might decide to delete all flaming posts and leave only what's useful for the releaser.
#8  August 31, 2007, 03:21:36 am
  • Coming Soon?
yup that's why the best choice is to say your peace and let it die

edit piece peace peice whatevr ;P
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#9  August 31, 2007, 10:19:57 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Defeats the purpose of the rest of the board by approaching favoritism on certain people/things.  We want an environment where everyone is encouraged to release.  And it's easier just to not do any of that at all.  :P

Not really, I have yet to see someone call a good character, bad.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#10  August 31, 2007, 04:20:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
though i have seen a lot of good characters get comlpetely ignored.
#11  August 31, 2007, 11:19:18 pm
  • In after lock

Not really, I have yet to see someone call a good character, bad.
Did you mean to reply to someone else's post and accidentally use mine instead? ???

#12  August 31, 2007, 11:44:41 pm
  • In after lock
I present to you Nightmare Broli, Ogre, Holy Ken, etc. ;D

#13  September 01, 2007, 12:06:43 am
  • In after lock
And on the flip side, no one is going to look at a shit character or a total rip off and say its good (seriously at least)
Last post answering this quote.

#14  September 01, 2007, 12:44:01 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
quality is in the eye of the beholder. i can take an almost perfectly acurate of a famous creator and think it is shitty becasue it has 3 bugs that completely ruin the gameplay and the creator won't fit to fix them. in my eyes, said character is shittier thana non-so accurate version that ahs no game breaking bugs.
#15  September 01, 2007, 01:06:33 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Hey [E]. How's it going? Awesome. I was talking to Messatsu. Cool. Seeya later.

You can make a character that isn't accurate, but still fun. And if there were any game breaking bugs, then it would be a shitty character.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#16  September 01, 2007, 02:53:54 am
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 03:37:11 am by Blade Art
#17  September 01, 2007, 05:38:58 am
    • Peru
You are like 10 posts late.

quality is in the eye of the beholder.

That's the main reason adding a rating system to the creations would be totally senseless; with time, people will start to rant about the score of some characters, some creators will ask why are they in the "good creators" group, etc., adding more fire to the flame.

I don't think this is a good idea.
#18  September 01, 2007, 05:51:46 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the more that can be done is a checklist.
#19  September 01, 2007, 04:02:26 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Simple :

A - if the guy who released something is a contributor, download the stuff.

B - If he isn't, wait for people to comment in the topic.
     1) OMG you stole, fucking n00b ! Don't DL the char.
     2) everybody says it's shit. Don't DL the char.
     3) Many people says it's good, but you see the screenshots with fullscreen effects and the name Orochi God Evil Blabla Lv2. Fuck the n00bs and leechers. Don't DL the char.
     4) Many people say it's good, and he seems not bad seeing the screenshots. Plus, the creator seems serious and willing to listen to advices and criticism. DL the char and give feedback. Hopefully, said guy will become contributor, and will be inserted in option A, where you can safely DL his stuff. :)

Who needs a quality stamp ?
#20  September 01, 2007, 04:17:46 pm
  • In after lock
"A" involves knowing who out of the 18000 unique names is a contributor before clicking on a thread.

#21  September 01, 2007, 04:27:17 pm
    • Peru
the more that can be done is a checklist.
Checklist sounds good (CLSNs, Axis, etc.) as a reference to the users posting in the release thread to make comments. Why not putting a sticky thread with "evaluation guidelines"? (besides the fact no one will read it, I think is a good idea).
#22  September 01, 2007, 04:28:13 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
"A" involves knowing who out of the 18000 unique names is a contributor before clicking on a thread.
Well, Most of them are obvious...I keep track of interresting people quite easily.

But just looking at his rank by going into the thread is still better than having to download the stuff to know if said creation is good. :P
#23  September 01, 2007, 04:37:06 pm
  • In after lock
That first requires time spent on knowing who is who.  Again 18000 members.  Think about it from the perspective of: you don't know anyone and don't have time to get to know them.

#24  September 01, 2007, 04:48:13 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
This reminds me of something that crossed my mind the other day, what about a sub-section for reviews in one of the discussion boards?
Topics started there would be open for debate (unlike the classic review style) and meant to, on one side, get more people to give useful feedback and, on the other, get whoever made that creation to fix mentioned issues (if not against what he had in mind for the char) and learn something from it in the process.

Also, reviews of stuff currently posted at the releases section probably wouldn't be allowed, since such comments would be better placed in said release topics.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#25  September 01, 2007, 05:02:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
forum reviews, like forum tutorials are lame, beter save it for the mugen guild portal.
#26  September 01, 2007, 05:20:14 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
beter save it for the mugen guild portal.
The point was also making them easy to submit, having to wait till someone checks it and uploads it to the portal would discourage a lot of people I guess.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#27  September 01, 2007, 05:52:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
dunno what portal are you talking about...
#28  September 01, 2007, 06:38:09 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Favoritism

What about only Contributor's Can add Qualty points or w/e?
My shitty mugen stuff:
#29  September 01, 2007, 06:41:41 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
#30  September 01, 2007, 08:53:44 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
This whole idea is fucking stupid.
#31  September 02, 2007, 02:26:19 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
This reminds me of something that crossed my mind the other day, what about a sub-section for reviews in one of the discussion boards?
Topics started there would be open for debate (unlike the classic review style) and meant to, on one side, get more people to give useful feedback and, on the other, get whoever made that creation to fix mentioned issues (if not against what he had in mind for the char) and learn something from it in the process.

Also, reviews of stuff currently posted at the releases section probably wouldn't be allowed, since such comments would be better placed in said release topics.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a child section to move the release topics to after they've reached page 2 or 3 of the section, or after a few weeks had passed after the release?
There there'd be no problems from topic bumping, and if the creator made updates he'd have the choice of moving it back to Releases or create a new topic.
#32  September 02, 2007, 03:36:41 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
This whole idea is fucking stupid.

Jesuszilla said:

:wacko:

Users, especially those who aren't children with loads of free time and nothing to do but look at Mugen videos on YouTube and collect characters like Pokemon, would certainly benefit from having better sources of information to choose what they download. (Or are there, would there ever be, more than a handful of users who don't fit that description anyway?) Mugen Infantry does (did?) have a content directory with a rating system, but it's not exactly useful if nobody rates anything.
Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 03:40:59 am by DavidGee
#33  September 02, 2007, 03:45:56 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
design a portal ... or rather, help out on that :P
#34  September 02, 2007, 04:15:22 am
  • Mysterio! Do the Hustle!!!!
Jesuszilla said:
                                                                                                 :uhoh:
BOUNCE FO ME NAO!!!!  Pretty please!??

FYI, it's a coyote... not a wolf f00! :Mr-T:
*Orton Poses*
\_O__/