YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1220902 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1621  June 21, 2020, 02:45:38 pm
    • Turkey
Do you guys have a plan about porting this project to android?
#1622  June 21, 2020, 03:46:43 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
That is not necessary to open a mugen screenpack, mugen screenpacks should work without doing that, it will only not show Ikemen Go features or options in the Options menu.
What you describe is if someone wants to use Ikemen Go Features in a Mugen screenpack, which is pretty much recommendable since the intention of moving from Mugen to Ikemen GO is using all the features.
Now if OP is talking of Ikemen vanilla, yes, you have to port the screenpack.

The best option is to check Ikemen Go log file. Also, test a clean install to confirm if the PC can run Ikemen Go.
Really? In previous versions, screenpacks and lifebars would crash IKEMEN if I tried to use them directly without any messages. So I just gave up after a few tries.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#1623  June 21, 2020, 05:17:22 pm
Just curious does the Legacy SP by NoZ run on Ikemen GO ?
#1624  June 21, 2020, 06:59:18 pm
    • Greece
#1625  June 26, 2020, 08:54:41 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
That "port" was just a file copy-paste.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1626  June 30, 2020, 08:50:12 pm
VSync settings is inside the config.json inside the save folder.
To disable it set it to 0 to enable it set it to 1.

You don't need the patch as long as your characters don't have their own stcommon/common1.
And even when they use their own common1 you only have to modify 2 lines of code inside the charater def file.

EDIT: Solved! THANKS gacel, I found your post about it, yes just replace the stcommon = to common1.cns, get the error if your character already has its own stcommon. Disregard.

old post:
all i get is this error

data/add004/a4b_tag.zss
data/add004/a4b_tag.zss:4065:
未定義の関数: fnc_varaddoo
stack traceback:
   [G]: in function 'game'
   .\external\script\start.lua:1458: in function 'f_selectSimple'
   external/script/main.lua:1970: in function <external/script/main.lua:1949>
   external/script/main.lua:2487: in function 'loop'
   external/script/main.lua:2966: in main chunk
   [G]: ?

Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:37:27 pm by junkerde
#1627  July 03, 2020, 12:13:42 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
That is not necessary to open a mugen screenpack, mugen screenpacks should work without doing that, it will only not show Ikemen Go features or options in the Options menu.
What you describe is if someone wants to use Ikemen Go Features in a Mugen screenpack, which is pretty much recommendable since the intention of moving from Mugen to Ikemen GO is using all the features.
Now if OP is talking of Ikemen vanilla, yes, you have to port the screenpack.

The best option is to check Ikemen Go log file. Also, test a clean install to confirm if the PC can run Ikemen Go.
Really? In previous versions, screenpacks and lifebars would crash IKEMEN if I tried to use them directly without any messages. So I just gave up after a few tries.

In most cases adding [Victory Screen] parameters makes many old screenpacks work for me, obviously without Ikemen Go features. So in this case if you know of a screenpack that doesn't run even after victory screen is added report it, it could be a bug or an undocumented Mugen featured not ported to Ikemen Go. I already reported the lack of these parameters makes Ikemen Go to crash to desktop.
Just curious does the Legacy SP by NoZ run on Ikemen GO ?

It runs, but since Legacy uses images for the menus, adapting it to the new features could be troublesome.
#1628  July 04, 2020, 12:19:13 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
^
I was actually trying to use an 1.0 screenpack with victory screen. Whatever the reason IKEMEN crashed, the same with lifebars. But this was in older versions, something like 0.91/0.92.  If the engine is more forgiving or whatever the bug was, it was fixed, great because after that I only started using the old things after adding the new parameters.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#1629  July 04, 2020, 07:53:55 am
can k4thos or gacel explain LoadFile???

[State Test]
type = LoadFile
trigger1 = time = 10
savedata = var
path = "kfm.gob"

nvm just saw savefile, i get it now
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:57:34 am by junkerde
#1630  July 04, 2020, 09:29:17 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
As far as the extra modes will there ever be a side scroller beat em up mode like TEKKEN FORCE.
#1631  July 04, 2020, 04:13:55 pm
  • Kinda New to Creating
    • USA
As far as the extra modes will there ever be a side scroller beat em up mode like TEKKEN FORCE.

Super dope! So will there be a way to add platforms to stages or spawn platforms via a fighter’s scrtls?
LW
#1632  July 06, 2020, 01:50:59 am
if you are in a 3 person tag team, and you are the first player using the RedirectID = GetPlayerID(Teamside), it directly redirects to you as the first player as well...when they are in other slots it works fine though....not sure whats up
#1633  July 06, 2020, 09:58:57 am
if you are in a 3 person tag team, and you are the first player using the RedirectID = GetPlayerID(Teamside), it directly redirects to you as the first player as well...when they are in other slots it works fine though....not sure whats up
I don't understand why you consider it wrong behaviour. Based on your description it matches what RedirectID, GetPlayerID and Teamside does.

I'm not aware about anyone interested in implementing it.
#1634  July 06, 2020, 11:49:16 pm
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net

I always recommend (and somehow Im getting some hate in the Discord for that)  to check the Wiki, because if you check it youll see some tools that could be useful for making more advanced stuff. For now, nohardcodedkeys is not in the wiki or the main build but will be added soon(I hope so) this blocks the ability of the AI or the player to access hardcoded commands like jump, crouch, walk or back, so you can redirect these commands to your custom state and make them walk upward or downward and here you go, you already have the basis of a 2.5D beat them up.
But making a whole mode for this looks silly since OPENBOR is already there and it suits all the needs of this genre. But still possible in ikemen Go once more people start to learn how to use the new tools.

https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki
#1635  July 07, 2020, 02:14:32 pm
Hello

Just have a quick development question.
I would like to utilize the entire screen (or with own margins) for the options screen, setting [menu_pos = {0, 33}, --Ikemen feature] in the motif.lua doesn't make the menu go all the way left. So I guess there is an additional offset in place but I can't seem to find it. Any of the developers have any pointer they could give me in regards to this? Any help is much appreciated.
Regards,

X3no

Edit: After some more fiddeling I found out it has to do with the screen resolution, set to 640 x 480 then the options menu is all the way left however setting it to 1280x720 there is an offset in place (or maybe scaling???) So any help is stil much appreciated.
Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:34:19 pm by X3nostar
#1636  July 07, 2020, 03:02:01 pm
Hello

Just have a quick development question.
I would like to utilize the entire screen (or with own margins) for the options screen, setting [menu_pos = {0, 33}, --Ikemen feature] in the motif.lua doesn't make the menu go all the way left. So I guess there is an additional offset in place but I can't seem to find it. Any of the developers have any pointer they could give me in regards to this? Any help is much appreciated.
Regards,

X3no

Edit: After some more fiddeling I found out it has to do with the screen resolution, set to 640 x 480 then the options menu is all the way left however setting it to 1280x720 there is an offset in place (or maybe scaling???) So any help is stil much appreciated.

first of all you're not supposed to edit motif.lua directly. It contains DEF file parser and default values that are meant to be overwritten by screenpack DEF file. Lua scripts are often changed between versions without notice which means local adjustments are not forward compatible. Of course if it's a full game project and you're planning to rewrite scripts to your needs without worrying about future changes than do whatever you wish, otherwise stick to DEF file to save yourself frustration.

As for the question - what you're seeing is a default option menu that is rendered using 320x240 localcoord, scaled up to your screenpack localcoord resolution. In order to take full advantage of your actual localcoord (in this case 1280x720) you need to paste menu.item.font parameter to your screenpack DEF file under [Option Info] (and many other parameters since after doing so default positioning implemented for different localcoord in mind won't be correct).
#1637  July 07, 2020, 06:30:53 pm
Hello K4Thos

First of all thanks for the prompt response!

first of all you're not supposed to edit motif.lua directly. It contains DEF file parser and default values that are meant to be overwritten by screenpack DEF file. Lua scripts are often changed between versions without notice which means local adjustments are not forward compatible. Of course if it's a full game project and you're planning to rewrite scripts to your needs without worrying about future changes than do whatever you wish, otherwise stick to DEF file to save yourself frustration.

Yeah I know I am breaking a lot of convention with what I am doing at the moment but seeing as I am just experimenting it's alright for now.
I do however feel that IKemen GO has surpassed certain stages where certain conventions should be considerd deprecated. Althou for my situation that is not the case.

As for the question - what you're seeing is a default option menu that is rendered using 320x240 localcoord, scaled up to your screenpack localcoord resolution. In order to take full advantage of your actual localcoord (in this case 1280x720) you need to paste menu.item.font parameter to your screenpack DEF file under [Option Info] (and many other parameters since after doing so default positioning implemented for different localcoord in mind won't be correct).

Ah so it was scaling! Ok I will try certain things to see if I can get my project to work.
To give some insight:

Trying to get 4 player option screen to work hence the scaling thing.
#1638  July 10, 2020, 09:19:31 pm
Anything ever come of this "unlock characters" feature this guy made for ikemen go? Seems its broken in the latest builds?

Additions:

Coins: Coins can be earned when winning matches. The amount earned is determined by a few values in system.def, the current AI difficulty, and the size of both teams.

Character Unlocking: When characters are set to hidden 3, a handful of extra values can be added to slots that can make them unlockable in a few ways:

Spending Coins

Beating Arcade Mode with a certain character

Beating Arcade Mode with a certain amount of characters

Toggling the Unlock All option in the options menu (temporary unlock)

Arcade Mode Progress Tracker: The game now keeps track of what characters, and what % of characters, have completed Arcade Mode. The % completed shows on both the main menu and the Arcade character select screen.

New Mode: All Rush Mode is just like Boss Rush, but instead of being only bosses, it's every character on the character list
Mode Locking: Boss Rush and All Rush, as well as Survival mode, can all be locked behind Arcade Mode progress.

Mod Support (sorta?): To make it easier to update Ultimate without having to add in other code afterwards, Ultimate can run code from other Lua files at certain points. These files can do things like add new text to the menus, change character names in the select screens, add new options to the options menu, and more. It even comes with an example mod! They can also easily be reloaded through the options menu.

https://mugenfreeforall.com/topic/37505-ikemen-go-plus-ultimate/
#1639  July 11, 2020, 04:46:23 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I was merging some of the Wintermourn changes.
And my PC fried... like 20 days ago, just noticed I did not inform it here.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 04:49:52 am by Gacel
#1640  July 11, 2020, 03:12:21 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:43:33 pm by Mark85