YesNoOk

Project M.U.G.E.N Dragon's Rebirth (Online Version) [1280 x 720] (Read 11416 times)

Started by Sang Kalaza, July 26, 2020, 09:13:54 pm
Share this topic:
Project M.U.G.E.N Dragon's Rebirth (Online Version) [1280 x 720]
#1  July 26, 2020, 09:13:54 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N Dragon's Rebirth
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/site/sangkalazamugen
==> TITLE

==> MAIN

==> NETWORK

==> LOADING

==> SELECT CHARACTER SCREEN

==> SELECT STAGE SCREEN

==> FIGHTING SCREEN

********************************************************************************************
Hi everyone,

As you know, the IKEMEN engine already supports the Network Mode feature.
Due to the importance of this feature, I've decided to choose it for further development instead of MUGEN.
After extensive research on customizing the IKEMEN engine, I'm pleased to announce a version with many new features that,
when compared to the MUGEN engine, I believe have never been seen before.
I think exploring these features will provide a rewarding experience.

Regarding the project title: Since the previous project was developed on the MUGEN engine, I've retained the same title.
Additionally, I believe the name MUGEN has been established for a long time, making it more recognizable and appealing to the community.

About MUGEN Dragon's Rebirth with IKEMEN version:
This is a free game created using the IKEMEN engine by Team MDR.
- Developed based on the IKEMEN engine by SUEHIRO.
- Original screenpack by Sang Kalaza (EX) and KgohanT (KGT).
- MUGEN version ported to IKEMEN version and additional development features by Sang Kalaza (EX).
This version is still in beta.
All characters, sounds, and backgrounds in this game are ripped and programmed by other makers in the MUGEN community.
They are all listed in the file "resources_credits.txt".

********************************************************************************************
Extra Development Features:
1. The basic modes: Arcade, Training, Survival, Watch, Exit are added as in MUGEN.
However, there are slight differences in object appearances, such as Hiryu and Kenji, and boss characters (e.g., Dragon Claw).
Additionally, there are additional bonus stages corresponding to each stage. Details are as follows:

※ ARCADE Mode: 15 stages
- Appearance of Hiryu or Kenji character (1st): Stage No. 5
- Appearance of first bonus stage: Stage No. 6
- Appearance of Hiryu or Kenji character (2nd): Stage No. 10
  ※ Note: If Kenji character appears first on stage 1st, Hiryu will appear and vice versa.
  Particularly in Turn Mode or Simul Mode, you will confront both characters Hiryu and Kenji simultaneously.
- Appearance of second bonus stage: Stage No. 11
- Appearance of boss character: Stage No. 15

※ SURVIVAL Mode: 100 stages
- Appearance of boss character: Repeats every next 10 stages.
- Appearance of Hiryu and Kenji character: Before boss stage.

2. Regarding character portrait (file *.sff):
- Select Icon (9000, 0): If portrait exists (9000, 1000), it will be used (9000, 1000); otherwise, (9000, 1) will be used as default.
- Stand Portrait: If portrait exists (9000, 1001), it is used (9000, 1001); otherwise, (0, 0) will be used as default.
- Large Portrait (9000, 1): If portrait (9000, 1002) exists, it is used (9000, 1002); otherwise, (9000, 1) will be used as default.
※ Note: For standing portrait of hires or hd character, use portrait (9000, 1001) and scale it to a smaller size (scale 0.5 for hires, 0.25 for hd).
Regarding this, implementing the auto-scale feature would be better, but adjusting the x and y coordinates to make it reasonable is a bit challenging, and it will be developed later.

3. Support for random music on system and select screen.

4. Support for random music on fighting screen. You can set it in your_file_stage.def file:
- For example, the current status is as follows:
[Music]
bgmusic = sound/your_file_music.mp3

- Add two more lines below to enable random music in the stage:
bgmusic1 = sound/your_file_music_1.mp3
bgmusic2 = sound/your_file_music_2.mp3

5. Support for a more intuitive stage selection interface with full arrow key functionality (Up, Down, Left, Right) instead of the default interface.
Additionally, stages will be divided into blocks, with an unlimited number of blocks for expansion:
Block 1: Includes random stage in the first position and 68 stages.
Block 2: Includes 69 stages.
Block n: Includes 69 stages.

To add a stage image, open the file "~/config/stage/stage.sff" with Fighter Factory software, and add 3 images with Red, Green, Blue modes corresponding to the stage number.
※ Note: If the stage image has not yet been added, default image support already exists.

6. Support for stage preview feature when selecting the stage
※ Note that this feature may not run smoothly on some computers with low configurations.
consideration is underway regarding whether to remove the feature in the next version.

7. Support for extra characters with dynamic slots dedicated to Player 1 or Player 2.
Additionally, the number of dynamic slots is unlimited, suitable for screen packs with a large number of characters.

8. Add a specified VS CPU mode that MUGEN system does not yet have.

9. Support character rating system:
With this system, characters can be rated based on attributes such as Attack, Defense, Speed, Range, Special, determining the number of stars for each character.
If the set value exceeds 10 (for info) or 5 (for stars), it will appear in red to indicate that the information exceeds the threshold.
For example, in [YOUR_CHARACTER].def file, the current status is as follows:
[Info]
name = "Strider Hiryu"
displayname = "Strider Hiryu"
versiondate = 04,14,2002
mugenversion = 04,14,2002
author = "DivineWolf"
pal.defaults = 4,5,6,1,2,3,10,11,12,7,8,9

Add 6 lines (ex...) as below to display character info and star rating:
[Info]
name = "Strider Hiryu"
displayname = "Strider Hiryu"
versiondate = 04,14,2002
mugenversion = 04,14,2002
author = "DivineWolf"
pal.defaults = 4,5,6,1,2,3,10,11,12,7,8,9
exInfoStar = 4
exInfoAttack = 5
exInfoDefense = 4
exInfoSpeed = 7
exInfoRange = 7
exInfoSpecial = 8

10. Random Character feature has been customized again:
Specifically, only normal characters can be selected in the random character slot (boss characters cannot be randomly selected in the middle vertical row).
Additionally, random characters will be divided into 2 teams.
Random slot on the left will randomize Hiryu's team characters, while the right slot will randomize Kenji's team characters.
To maintain fairness, random characters will be rated at 3 stars.

11. Now you can exit while selecting modes (single mode, simul mode, turn mode) to return to the main menu by pressing the Start key.

12. Additional feature to remember the position of the previous character in turn mode after returning to the character selection screen. Note: not applicable

13. Fixed bug regarding pause time during guarding state of the IKEMEN system.
This phenomenon occurred for some characters (e.g., Choi Bounge by Falcon Rapper) in the guarding process,
where the enemy using hyper skill (e.g., "Shin! Chouzetsu Rinkaiten Toppa" skill of Choi Bounge) caused the character to lose the guarding state.

14. Changed to a new Lifebar. This lifebar is different from the original MUGEN Dragon's Rebirth.
In the future, portrait updates for Turn mode and Simul mode may be implemented.
Additionally, some system handling has been customized to achieve similar functionality as MUGEN.
If you want to use a personal lifebar, you can set it in "\config\lifebar\lifebar.ini".

15. Added bonus menu (located in Extras Menu) on the title screen for practicing purposes.

16. Added options to display or not display character rating information, confirm the use of Turn Star Mode, and related options (e.g., initializing the number of stars for 2 teams, using the Insert Kung Fu Man before the final character).

17. The UI has been changed to 2 columns for easier selection, taking advantage of the 2 left and right arrow keys.

18. Added two-player mode in Arcade menu and Survival menu.
Note: there are some bugs and adjustments pending.

A few unresolved issues:
Because it was originally developed from the IKEMEN standard version, the features of the IKEMEN plus version (developed by K4thos) are not included in this version.
I plan to refer to IKEMEN plus for integrating additional necessary features in the future (e.g., adding options in the options menu, etc.).
- Music does not stop when changing characters in turn mode.
- Demo menu has not been customized yet.
- Regarding Simul Mode:
  + It is affected by the number of Turn Mode (will be adjusted later).
  + Player 3 and Player 4 are not controlled by the CPU but instead are Player. Configuration currently sets the same button as Player 1 and Player 2; you should set it to another button in the file "ssz / config.ssz". In the future, I will add a switch between CPU and Player for Player 3 and 4 in the Options menu of the main screen.
- Some crash errors are related to memory issues.
- Some stages and characters may need to be run in VGA mode to load properly.
- Particularly regarding character Kenji: I hope someone can edit him into a more complete version of pots style.
I believe you will edit him better than your predecessors.

New game mode based on the star rating system:
1. Turn mode: The number of stars you assign to a character will limit the next character you can choose.
For example:
- The initial number of stars set for the player is 12.
- Each time a character is selected, it consumes the corresponding number of stars.
- Choosing a strong character (e.g., a boss) will affect the next characters you can select, as you can only select characters with fewer stars (because the boss character consumes the team's stars).
I believe this adds fairness when pitting teams of strong characters against teams with normal and weak characters.

2. With this feature, scenarios may arise:
- For example, while playing Turn Mode with 4 members and an initial star count of 12,
if the first character consumes 3 stars and the second consumes 4 stars, your current star count will be 5.
- At this point, you decide to choose a boss character, so that when your second character is defeated,
you can introduce a strong character to overpower the opponent with significant health damage.
Just in time, I've added the ability to add Kung Fu Man before the final character appears (this character has been modified to be weakened).
This provides a bonus for the opponent to regain lost health. If you're lucky, you can use this character to finish off the opponent,
or simply let the time run out, reducing the opponent's healing due to time-dependent factors.

NETWORK Game Mode:
Added interface to highlight two characters (Hiryu and Kenji).
Added options for hosting or joining a game.
Note: When making a connection, a dialog appears to input the IP address, so you should run the application with Windows.
Upon successful connection, if you wish to play in Full Screen mode, you can press Alt + Enter to switch, allowing you to play in Full Screen mode throughout.
Other features developed for offline play mode will also be utilized in online play mode.

Portrait Template:
9000,1000: Icon on select screen.
9000,1001: Stand on select screen.
9000,1002: Portrait on select screen.
9000,1005: Portrait on fighting scene.
9000,1006: Portrait (for simul mode) on fighting scene: Work in progress (WIP).
9000,1007: Portrait (for turn mode) on fighting scene: Work in progress (WIP).

Currently, this is only a beta version and is being gradually improved, so there may still be many omissions. Please disregard these omissions.
If you encounter any bugs during use, please notify me or post them on the forum.
If there are any mistakes on my part, please provide feedback, and I will review and rectify them.
If I have sufficient free time to continue, I will endeavor to make gradual improvements.
Finally, thank you for reading and playing MDR.

Update logs:
<<2024/02/06>>
- Expanded dynamic character slots (added 3 slots on each side, totaling 6 slots instead of 3 slots) into the character selection interface.
- Fixed bug regarding remembering dynamic character slots.
- Supported rotating the face towards the center for Player 2 with dynamic character slots.
- Added defined scale for standing portrait for high-resolution characters, HD characters.
e.g., In the content of [YOUR_CHARACTER].def file, add the following two lines:
exStandPortraitScaleX = 0.5
exStandPortraitScaleY = 0.5

For example (Expanded dynamic character slots):
Data in file select.lua

Result:

VIDEOS:
View all videos on MDR Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTuLht6pKCTd8gGL0dEcotw

==> PLAYLIST: MDR ONLINE

View all playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lte1ret8rCo&list=PLyCCNEo35OkyP6O4UJgUYCAkj09562SwQ

==> PLAYLIST: STAGES

#... (Updating)

View all playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1aRihafNyk&list=PLyCCNEo35OkwNSSc1-XVec8LxZSjEwKhS

Regarding the details of the Post, in order to be valid, I am placing it in the category "Beyond M.U.G.E.N → IKEMEN Releases"
Please refer to the link below:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/project-m-u-g-e-n-dragons-rebirth-online-version-1280-x-720-190644.0.html
Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:00:46 pm by Sang Kalaza
Re: Project M.U.G.E.N Dragon's Rebirth (Online Version) [1280 x 720]
#2  July 27, 2020, 09:18:12 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
good job for making a great screen pack for the ikemen :)
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#3  August 02, 2020, 03:41:15 pm
    • Vietnam
good job for making a great screen pack for the ikemen :)
Thank you for your interest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update MDR Online
Add Template Portrait for Select Screen, Lifebar
Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:56:08 pm by Sang Kalaza
#4  August 03, 2020, 08:25:45 am
    • USA
This is really cool, keep it up. I'm looking forward to your next update.
#5  August 04, 2020, 09:14:36 pm
How do I change controls?
#6  August 08, 2020, 07:38:06 am
    • Vietnam
How do I change controls?
Please refer to the file below, I have commented the necessary information:
-> Open file "\ssz\config.ssz" with Notepad
//Player 1
in.new[0].set(
//0, -7, -8, -5, -6, //joypad, up, down, left, right,
//0, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, //a, b, c, x, y, z,
//7); //start;

//in.new[0].set(
  -1, (int)k_t::UP, (int)k_t::DOWN, (int)k_t::LEFT, (int)k_t::RIGHT,
  (int)k_t::z, (int)k_t::x, (int)k_t::c, (int)k_t::a, (int)k_t::s, (int)k_t::d,
  (int)k_t::q);

In case you want to configure Joystick or Gamepad, please change as below:
//Player 1
in.new[0].set(
0, -7, -8, -5, -6, //joypad, up, down, left, right,
0, 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, //a, b, c, x, y, z,
7); //start;

//in.new[0].set(
//  -1, (int)k_t::UP, (int)k_t::DOWN, (int)k_t::LEFT, (int)k_t::RIGHT,
//  (int)k_t::z, (int)k_t::x, (int)k_t::c, (int)k_t::a, (int)k_t::s, (int)k_t::d,
//  (int)k_t::q);

Depending on the handle, the buttons may differ, so please adjust accordingly
#7  August 22, 2020, 01:39:10 pm
    • Vietnam
Add Stage No.7
#8  February 06, 2024, 07:01:07 pm
    • Vietnam
Update logs:
<<2024/02/06>>
- Expanded dynamic character slots (added 3 slots on each side, totaling 6 slots instead of 3 slots) into the character selection interface.
- Fixed bug regarding remembering dynamic character slots.
- Supported rotating the face towards the center for Player 2 with dynamic character slots.
- Added defined scale for standing portrait for high-resolution characters, HD characters.
e.g., In the content of [YOUR_CHARACTER].def file, add the following two lines:
exStandPortraitScaleX = 0.5
exStandPortraitScaleY = 0.5

For example (Expanded dynamic character slots):
Data in file select.lua

Result:

New #9  February 07, 2024, 09:32:03 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/