Zorf Giudecca
Re: NiO artwork
#22  April 28, 2015, 12:36:14 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
Another thing from me...

A few days ago I read in this very forum that Chochuryu is kinda a good creator and a bad creator at the same time...
So, he made some post on a FB group and I decided to tell him that he needs to improve, all the things I read here about his works... people started to tell me to calm down, thinking i was being rude with him, and maybe I was xD

Anyways, I told him he needs to stop rushing his creations and he seem to take my feedback gladly, at the same time, I amade an offer to help him to edit and fix some of his Oni sprites... he send me the standingg animation and I  change it...  I don't know if it's really suppose to be CVS or original style... I'm really bad to copy styles, but I did what I can with the available colors... here the changes

Once I did that changes I was kinda into it and make a few frames for the standing animation...

So now he needs to add a few frames or details to it or get someone else to do it...

EDIT: bleh, I'm just seein a lot of errors right now xD

our left arm looks tiny, and a few pixels on the pants need to be removed
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:49:05 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#23  April 28, 2015, 02:29:48 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
this is a really great improvement
love how his face look now
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#24  April 28, 2015, 03:02:12 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Yeah, the differences are night and day. Your edit made it just look so much better. The only thing bothering the most right now is how he belt looks, it just feels oddly round and a bit pillow shaded.

As for the animation, I personally think it's better if he moves up mostly his forearm, rather than dragging his entire arm up. Would be nice to see the hand lightly changing perspective (or at least it's pose, slightly) as it moved.

Shit
#25  April 29, 2015, 01:36:23 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Maybe if I feel like it and have time I will try to improve it today, if not, I will wait for Chochu opinion or edit to it

I was mostly afraid into putting detail on it and made it look KOFish, because I had that issue with my first attempt, gonna make a few more things if time is not impeding it
            Zorf Giudecca
#26  April 29, 2015, 02:08:44 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If you don't mind, I made some improvements:

Broke the lines a bit, lighted some of them, and fixed his timing to be more slower and ominous. :)

Also, to be honest, chuchoryu's not gonna fix his "perfect" sprites anytime soon, sooooo...... yeah.
This is a generic forum signature.
#27  April 29, 2015, 04:22:39 am
  • Shit
That certainly looks a lot better already, and breaking the lines in anti alias is something really important in the CvS style. The only thing that seems to lack some line breaking now would be his feet, because they just got some weird anti alias going on. That and he got a really long mouth there.

There are other things that are bothering me, and I'd love to just take the animation and edit it by myself to apply some chances-- such as making his legs move in very slightly as he breathes in. Sadly, I'm unable to give much attention to things outside commissions.

Shit
#28  April 29, 2015, 04:31:45 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That certainly looks a lot better already, and breaking the lines in anti alias is something really important in the CvS style. The only thing that seems to lack some line breaking now would be his feet, because they just got some weird anti alias going on. That and he got a really long mouth there.

There are other things that are bothering me, and I'd love to just take the animation and edit it by myself to apply some chances-- such as making his legs move in very slightly as he breathes in. Sadly, I'm unable to give much attention to things outside commissions.

I would have done those things, but I decided to leave that stuff to NiO, since I'm already caught up between Kyo XIII and Demitri, so I just edited what bothered me, and decided to let him sort out the rest. :P
#29  April 29, 2015, 09:44:23 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I would liked to see what you could do...

And of course I don't get mad at all when people help to improve things, in fact, one idea I would like to implement is to make .sff patches for some characters to create or edit standing animations, I haven't made that, just a long time ago with Eiji Shirow by Rikard... but I'm learning a lot and would like to make that sometime soon

I'm gonna take your edit and edit a few things and hopefully we get a decent animation and we can make Chuchoryu learn a few things and make better decisions soon
=======================

EDIT: I did changes to him, still needs work, but I think I'm done with it xD

the timing should be changed to get BlackHatter results, I just added a few frames, changed a few more pixels and add them togheter with Photoscape with 8 tics each frame

here ya go, feel ffree to improve it!

Zorf Giudecca
#30  April 29, 2015, 01:22:18 pm
  • Shit
Damn, that looks a hell lot smoother. I might be wrong, but do I see afterimages going on his right arm?

Shit
#31  May 25, 2015, 10:39:50 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Something new... going to use them for a Screenpack I'm trying do edit x)

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:48:31 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#32  May 25, 2015, 12:46:56 pm
  • Shit
I honestly wasn't expecting to see that SvC Alex portrait. It sure got me surprised, and I dig it.

Shit
#33  May 25, 2015, 08:41:24 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
OH MY GOD, that Joe and Alex port... :shocked2:

I need to look into making something like that for Kyosuke. Keep it up man!! :D :D
#34  May 25, 2015, 09:02:27 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
You have some nice stuff here. keep it up
#35  May 26, 2015, 06:25:18 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
thanks for your comments, I did this one today...

I was making Raiden when I suddenly selected one layer and painted in the original one, and I can't reverse the mess I did, and he was already looking SVC enough u.u

anyways, Gouken based on a more free-mugen style

Zorf Giudecca
#36  May 26, 2015, 10:05:10 pm
I will be the bastard guy and say I don't like them because I can easily recognize the bases, but I can see why you would do that.

Gouken's beard's shading could be touched up a little more to show the shadows, it's too light, especially in the jaw area, but also the chin beard: it doesn't blend well with the rest. Same for his hair.
Alex's face seems to have another hue, compared to his body's.
Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:40:52 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#37  May 27, 2015, 12:24:47 am
  • Shit
I just noticed that Alex still has Guile's dog tag in there too, now that I've looked at it again. Also, I just realized that one of them is meant to be Rugal, but when I saw it, I really thought it was just some evil version of Ken or an OC. You really need to do something about the Ken hair on Rugal there.

Shit
#38  May 27, 2015, 04:44:02 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Yeah, I was aware of the Guile thing on Alex but I'm not an expert and I don't want to make a mess on them

Alex's face has the same Hue than his body because I just edited Guile and added the hair, trying to mimic the style, Gouken face is similar but not the same face of Sagat, you can blame me there for not having many options to work with xD
I did see the thing you say about the beard, I miss it before

I'm happy with the results so far, considering I'm not an expert in any way, I did something I didn't think I could

Btw, I like Rugal's hair like that, make him loos more like the Omega Rugal (by Ahuron I think) from Mugen

Zorf Giudecca
#39  May 27, 2015, 04:54:37 am
  • Shit
The freakiest hairstyle I remember that Rugal had was the '95 Omega Rugal:

And it still looks nothing like Ken. Not only does Rugal's hair works differently, but the back of it is also a lot longer than Ken's.

Shit
#40  August 17, 2015, 08:18:27 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Well updating with a few stuff and I'm seriously thinking about taking paid comissions to make portraits (or artwork) to get a few bucks and use them for a future Pc..

If you want to check the styles I can do, you can see my Deviant Art, but I'm warning you, it's NSFW... AGAIN NSFW

http://nio107.deviantart.com/gallery/

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So, I'm thinking... what would be a fair price for them?

I know there are tons of artworks out there, but maybe someone wants something to be converted or pixelated as a portrait

I did this 2 an they can serve as an example... they are not really detailed but can show you my style a bit... they are based on CCI art btw...
I hope someone can help me decide to see if I can take comissions with a fair price, I also need to investigate if I can send paypal money to my credit card, if not, well would be kinda useless x(

Zorf Giudecca