YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 938385 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16)
#321  April 17, 2020, 08:14:04 am
when i try to edit an intro or win screen animation...fighter factory studio just shuts down...like i open the a win/game over def file then i click on the animation icon/button the whole thing just shuts down.
#322  April 27, 2020, 05:55:26 pm
  • Why,
when i try to edit an intro or win screen animation...fighter factory studio just shuts down...like i open the a win/game over def file then i click on the animation icon/button the whole thing just shuts down.

Maybe just Windows think :I .... but try check log files at all?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#323  April 29, 2020, 05:33:24 pm
#324  May 20, 2020, 07:23:41 pm
  • Expert Noob
  • I am a lover and a fighter!
    • USA
I just downloaded the latest build, (3.5.4) for x64 Windows 10 and keep encountering a very annoying bug/crash. The image editor always crashes when I go to save the changes I made to a sprite. I've tried every combo of windows compatibility settings, gave it full control under security settings and run as administrator but nothing works.

The whole program just totally freezes up and I have to close it with task manager.

Dear VirtualTek, If you read this, then please, PLEASE work on making the image editing feature more stable.
May you always win every round, both in MUGEN and Life. :)
#325  July 25, 2020, 08:29:23 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
I just downloaded the latest build, (3.5.4) for x64 Windows 10 and keep encountering a very annoying bug/crash. The image editor always crashes when I go to save the changes I made to a sprite. I've tried every combo of windows compatibility settings, gave it full control under security settings and run as administrator but nothing works.

The whole program just totally freezes up and I have to close it with task manager.

Dear VirtualTek, If you read this, then please, PLEASE work on making the image editing feature more stable.

Yeah same issue. I cant save anything concerning sprites anymore.
#326  August 03, 2020, 04:38:29 am
Hello folks ,

Fighter Factory Studio can extract all character sprites into images,

Would be possible to implement a replacement by an images in batch mode? (the images  would be named the same as the extracted images)

I could only replace by an image one by one   

This would be useful in AI upscaling characters in one go.

So basically :
-extract a character sprites as images
-those images would be upscaled without changing the files names ( by an external software)
-Replace all the sprites with the upscaled images in one go

https://imgur.com/a/1sjBGas

Thanks,

#327  August 03, 2020, 06:07:47 am
    • USA
This program is EXTREMELY buggy. Updated, and it couldnt for some reason unzip the theme files, and I was left with a broken config, had to reinstall. And also, why does the installer delete EVERYTHING in the installation folder? Why is this even a thing? No uninstallers do this. Also lots of crashes with editing anything other than cahracters, liek fight fx. The old studio works better. Been 2 years and a lot of these crashes still havent fixed, among other annoying bugs.
#328  December 30, 2020, 03:54:12 pm
    • USA
Yeah, this program just WON'T open. Furthermore, I can't reinstall it because the installer keeps having errors.
#329  January 10, 2021, 10:54:07 am
  • I'm power made flesh! Feel how weak you truly are
    • Greece
    • youtube.com/user/ShotokanEditor
Hey thanks a lot for keeping this alive
I just tried to install the latest version 3.5.6 (64bit) and i get an error during installation which i have the option to ignore tho.
Ill report back if i get issues while working on it
#330  January 10, 2021, 11:31:12 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After loading a character, it gives me this script error:

Because of this, I can't access any parts of the sprites, animations, palettes, sounds, organizer, etc. This new 3.5.6 update bricked the program and is no longer usable as you can't edit the SFF, AIR, or SND files. Making it impossible to make characters or edit it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#331  January 10, 2021, 12:19:05 pm
    • Greece
Ok after working on it and ignoring that error and working on some chars i realized after launching mugen it was crushing the engine immediately. Removed that character and then run properly so i guess those things i simplysmall edited (just some sprites)just to test the FF was making a mess on it or smth.
I tried to install 32 bits version i get no error while installing and even tho it finishes properly it doesnt even launch at all
Aaaaaaaanw this is the error i get on 64 bit

Does anyone have 3.5.4 or 3.5.3 versions? not available in the old versions downloads
#332  January 10, 2021, 01:34:50 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Ok after working on it and ignoring that error and working on some chars i realized after launching mugen it was crushing the engine immediately. Removed that character and then run properly so i guess those things i simplysmall edited (just some sprites)just to test the FF was making a mess on it or smth.
I tried to install 32 bits version i get no error while installing and even tho it finishes properly it doesnt even launch at all
Aaaaaaaanw this is the error i get on 64 bit

Does anyone have 3.5.4 or 3.5.3 versions? not available in the old versions downloads
This might be because you already have the Visual C++ Redistributable version the program needs. Clicking ignore should install the program properly. I know this because I had this exact same error, so I uninstalled Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019 and then installed the program with no issues. Well, no issues until...

After loading a character, it gives me this script error:

Because of this, I can't access any parts of the sprites, animations, palettes, sounds, organizer, etc. This new 3.5.6 update bricked the program and is no longer usable as you can't edit the SFF, AIR, or SND files. Making it impossible to make characters or edit it.

This exact same thing. I thought it was a problem of  vc_redist.x64 being skipped during installation, but even after I successfully installed FFS after doing the thing I said above, this error keeps happening preventing me to editing anything.

I hope devs can look into it.
#333  January 10, 2021, 02:38:18 pm
    • Greece
The weird thing is that even tho i hit ignore i could edit everything o_O
That was until i finished what i was doing and tried to run mugen with it crashing immediately on launch even before main menu
Hope it gets fixed :/
#334  January 12, 2021, 12:05:32 am
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the site or just on my end, but I'm unable to download any version on the site. Every time I hit download, it just refreshes the current page. Am I missing something?
#335  January 12, 2021, 11:00:03 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Right-click the download button and select save link as.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#336  January 13, 2021, 11:16:38 am
    • USA
This exact same thing. I thought it was a problem of  vc_redist.x64 being skipped during installation, but even after I successfully installed FFS after doing the thing I said above, this error keeps happening preventing me to editing anything.

Finally taking a few days, I figured out why it's giving me that script error. Turns out the Ultimate preset is broken. Fighter Factory Studio is working fine after loading a character using a different one, but you'll have to get used to either the Classic, Clean or Neo interfaces as the button placements are different from each other.

At this time, I will keep 3.5.4 as a backup until it's fixed since that is the last version before the Ultimate preset is no longer functional.

Oh, and don't use "Check updates..." on Help to update the program. Loading a character after updating it that way will cause it to crash every time, making Fighter Factory Studio no longer functional. So download it from the site instead anyone who hasn't yet.
Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:26:27 am by SolidZone 26
#337  January 13, 2021, 02:39:40 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Finally taking a few days, I figured out why it's giving me that script error. Turns out the Ultimate preset is broken. Fighter Factory Studio is working fine after loading a character using a different one, but you'll have to get used to either the Classic, Clean or Neo interfaces as the button placements are different from each other.

At this time, I will keep 3.5.4 as a backup until it's fixed since that is the last version before the Ultimate preset is no longer functional.

Oh, and don't use "Check updates..." on Help to update the program. Loading a character after updating it that way will cause it to crash every time, making Fighter Factory Studio no longer functional. So download it from the site instead anyone who hasn't yet.

Thanks a lot, SolidZone!! It worked perfectly after changing the skins. It will come out handy for the color separation of certain batperson! c:
#338  January 13, 2021, 11:12:29 pm
    • USA
So I looked at VirtuallTek's Patreon page and it seems like he did release a minor update that supposedly fixes that. Guess that explains what update on Help the program is talking about. Unfortunately, it is not on the site and still using the release from 1/2 which I downloaded again as of yesterday. Someone needs to tell him to update the installer on the site as the feature to update through it will cause the program to brick.

There's also a minor bug where the arrow inside the square on the bottom right to access the Issues, Advanced Search, Engine Output, Debugger and Watch won't appear on bootup unless it's clicked once. There's another bug where the project tab will sometimes eventually stop working, making you unable to access certain options on it. Closing and reopening the program is the only way to fix that.

Thanks a lot, SolidZone!! It worked perfectly after changing the skins. It will come out handy for the color separation of certain batperson! c:
No problem, hope you get used to the button layout for the time being (Which I'm still not used to as the up and down buttons for the x/y axis are so tiny in Classic). You can still Ultimate for the Iconset, Stylesheet and Colorset, but it's not remotely the same as using the preset.
Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:13:45 am by SolidZone 26
#339  January 16, 2021, 10:30:53 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
is it just me, or is Fighter Factory Studio crashing when i try to import Animations from another project?
#340  January 17, 2021, 05:53:12 am
    • USA
is it just me, or is Fighter Factory Studio crashing when i try to import Animations from another project?

nah this sounds typical, ever since any early version of studio. idk, cant bring myself to full come on board with studio, its still super buggy and crashes on random things. also, fightfx editing for some reason has been made worse than its ff3 counterpart. I mean studio needs a MAJOR bug fix and overhaul.