YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 122182 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#381  January 16, 2020, 07:19:32 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Having 2 of every Poke'mon all the way up to gen 7.

Christ, why would you do that to yourself?
Its bad enough catching them all in the 1st place but TWICE?!
I salute your patience because honestly i couldnt do it

#382  January 16, 2020, 07:25:58 pm
  • For honor!
I have one living dex to put in the latest game and another to leave in Poke'bank as back-up. Oh believe me it was work as a lot of them were from the older games that always had that one poke'mon or two that was an actual bastard to get, like Feebas, Spiritomb, or the Latis and legendary cats from their gen 3 games.
Iroha stripped for me
#383  January 28, 2020, 11:00:44 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#384  January 28, 2020, 11:45:56 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Not looking forward to the Day 1 crash.
#385  January 29, 2020, 02:40:52 am
  • For honor!
My sole issue is that bank transfers require the rather expensive premium subscription. The year subscription is slightly more than triple the price of Bank's year subscription. It feels kinda predatory to their diehard fans.
Iroha stripped for me
#386  February 13, 2020, 04:42:08 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So Pokémon Home got released yesterday.  And it only took them 24 hours to announce it afterwords.  People have also datamined it and found a leftover .gif of some woman dancing and knocking out a Vocaloid with her hips, so I'm guessing it's wasn't intended to drop yesterday.  Whoops.

It is exceptionally bare, not much of an upgrade on Bank.  Not that I intend on spending any money on it, seeing comments from people doing the Bank transfer to Home is deleting their Pokémon if it doesn't go through.  And segregating certain options to only the Switch version or the phone version is still confusing.  The phone one seems entirely unnecessary, especially without there being connections to Go yet and Go already being able to connect to the Switch.
#387  February 13, 2020, 05:21:29 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
IDK, getting to see Professor Oak go through a cyberpunk themed midlife crisis might be worth the price of admission by itself.

#388  February 13, 2020, 05:38:46 am
    • USA
I legit can't stand that Oak knock-off and let out such an audible groan of disapproval when I saw him giving me a Pikachu yesterday I worried the dog that he did something wrong.

It's just so...stupid.  I mean, it's ultimately harmless and nearly completely ignorable, I am making this a bigger deal then it's worth just by this response but it's just so freaking stupid.  You already did this joke in Sun and Moon and it got a facepalm back then too.  Ugh.

It kinda mildly burns me too having the entire Pokedex there with the 3D models that they don't supposedly have existing on the Switch and useable in SwSh....there on the Switch and probably usable straight as-is in SwSh.  Though I've heard dataminers poking through the handful of new monsters that were made available in SwSh now found Primarina has a new walk cycle more viable to be found in the wild flying around the field compared to its singular one crawling around on its belly, likely still useable in camp.  So that's something, if personally so largely unnecessary.

Speaking of though, the 3D recreations of the 2D artwork poses for most if not all the monsters kinda changes the interpretation on a number of them, and that's weird.  Flygon's gotten pissed, and Gardevoir went from expressionless and mouthless to awkwardly happy.  Which seems to be the default face on it now ever since it went 3D but still.  Kinda would prefer just using the 2D artwork.  Especially Ken's watercolor gen 1 stuff.  Though I believe they're all based on his redrawings of them circa gen 3's remakes of gen 1, so moot point I suppose.
Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:46:19 am by Long John Killer
#389  February 15, 2020, 12:00:46 pm
  • Spriter/Editer/Coder
    • Sweden
Hi i want to trade with someone who has sirfetch, darmantian zen mode, Stonjourner,grooky.

and zacian if it goes both ways.

thinking there is a lot easier too trade by sharing code.
not only for me, so put up what you wanna trade.

dont know if it really exist a topic like this already
#390  February 16, 2020, 07:03:35 pm
  • For honor!
Those glasses...Oh god no Oak joined Team Flare
Iroha stripped for me
#391  February 17, 2020, 06:17:33 pm
    • Brazil
And people thought the developers lost creativity because of the Pokémon...
#392  February 19, 2020, 01:27:19 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#393  February 27, 2020, 06:37:59 pm
    • Brazil

Looks pretty shitty, honestly...
#394  February 27, 2020, 06:44:04 pm
  • Wowzers!
#395  June 02, 2020, 04:23:54 pm
    • Argentina
New trailer
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#396  June 02, 2020, 04:56:13 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
from what i can gather:

galarian slowbro has an arm cannon that shoots out toxic, there's galarian legendary bird trio, the isle of armor will be released on june 17th instead of june 30th, etc.
#397  June 02, 2020, 05:40:32 pm
A new item is called Max Soup is added and what it does is adds Gmax stat to anything that is capable of Gigantamaxing.  This includes those that are bred with Hidden Abilities, those gained from Events, and Transfered from past gens.

Also if you import SwSh mons to Home you get the Galar Starters with Hidden Abilities.

Serebii said:
The two Regi Pokémon are Regieleki, Electric-type with a new ability Transistor. It also has the new move Thunder Cage which deals damage and traps them in an electrified cage for four to five turns and Regidrago, Dragon-type with a new ability Dragon's Maw and the move Dragon Energy which does more damage the higher the HP
Galarian Articuno is Psychic/Flying with the Ability Competitive and the new move Freezing Glare which may leave the target frozen, Zapdos is Fighting/Flying with the ability Defiant and a new move, Thunderous Kick which does damage and lowers Defense and Moltres is Dark/Flying with the ability Berserk and the new move Fiery Wrath that does damage and can cause the opponent to flinch
Galarian Slowbro is Poison/Psychic-type. It has the new Ability Quick Draw and the new move Side Arm Smash, which only it can learn. It Poisons the opponent and does Physical or Special damage based on which does the more damage
Gigantamax Venusaur's G-Max Move is G-Max Vine Lash which does damage and continues to do damage for 4 turns to any non-Grass-type Pokémon
Gigantamax Blastoise's G-Max Move is G-Max Cannonade which does damage and continues to do damage for 4 turns to any non-Water-type Pokémon
Gigantamax Urshifu (Single-Strike)'s G-Max Move is G-Max One Blow and Rapid Strike is G-Max Rapid Flow. These can do damage even if the target defends itself
#398  June 02, 2020, 09:31:45 pm
    • USA
How is Galarian Slowbro standing up...?  The Shellder on the tail is the counter-balance to keep it standing normally, and Slowking evolved smart enough to do so on its own.  This one just looks like its entire existence is dying.

I had a feeling they would make some item that implants gigantamaxing on guys not found in raids.  This also diminishes reasons to bother with raids, I'd imagine, but whatever, they were a slog going through anyways.
#399  June 17, 2020, 11:35:34 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Everybody shut the FUCK up, Pokemon Snap is back!

#400  June 17, 2020, 11:44:38 pm
Thank you based Bamco.