YesNoOk

Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes) (Read 150844 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes)
#41  February 09, 2019, 06:28:46 am
I was playing this since 11 years ago, I hope to see the final version with the rest of the New Challengers Cast at least, And also I can suggest you some ideas like:
-A SF2NES Collection with a SF2CENes ,SSF2XNes and also the Mighty SF
It can be like this
SF2CENES:
-SF2 CE Roster with hidden Character Haggar only
-Only one supermove per character (use the original super combos of ST)
-2 power bars

SSF2XNES:
-SSF2X Roster with hidden Haggar, Akuma and Shen Long
-2 super moves per character
-3 pówer bars

Mighty SF:
The final revision

About the music an 8 bit version for each theme is fine
Re: SF2NES (new name?): In development again
#42  February 09, 2019, 07:52:55 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I hope you would try 8bit nes styled gauges and fonts.

I don't know why I haven't done that yet, thank you for giving me the suggestion.

SF2NES Collection

I might be able to do something like that, I have several old versions of the game. At one point I had every build but I don't know where the "old" folder went.

Edit: Just took a quick look and look what I found:

This is one of the earliest versions out there, though there is an "old characters" folder in it. I didn't even have the flags programmed on the select screen yet.

Here are some more versions of the game I got:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:24:15 pm by Cobra Caddie
#43  February 20, 2019, 09:53:43 pm
    • USA
Looking at the character files of the latest release, I found an unused character named Jessica who only had a standing sprite and all the other sprites are non existent. Who could she be and why she wasn't finished?
#44  February 20, 2019, 11:32:00 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
She was a character started during the time I wasn't working on the game. I'll say a few things about her..

She's an existing character in the Street fighter universe, though a bit redesigned. She only got a couple of sprites before work on her was halted. Her design is important to how she was planned to play. And one last thing, her future is TBD  :) stay tuned!

Since I'm already here might as well mention Mike is still coming along though I did take a bit of a break. I want him to be complete when I show my next progress video. I really wanna make a version of him that y'all will be able to download and put in the existing release of the game so he can be tested a bit. And then I think after that for testing I'll have a full new version of the game engine with all the updates included for character testing.

One last thing, the finished Mike trailer will have a preview of who the next character is in it. I don't wanna release anything until that is ready!
Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:07:41 am by Cobra Caddie
#45  February 21, 2019, 06:35:52 pm
    • USA
She was a character started during the time I wasn't working on the game. I'll say a few things about her..

She's an existing character in the Street fighter universe, though a bit redesigned. She only got a couple of sprites before work on her was halted. Her design is important to how she was planned to play. And one last thing, her future is TBD  :) stay tuned!

Since I'm already here might as well mention Mike is still coming along though I did take a bit of a break. I want him to be complete when I show my next progress video. I really wanna make a version of him that y'all will be able to download and put in the existing release of the game so he can be tested a bit. And then I think after that for testing I'll have a full new version of the game engine with all the updates included for character testing.

One last thing, the finished Mike trailer will have a preview of who the next character is in it. I don't wanna release anything until that is ready!

I don't know how to upload images but I'll do the best to describe. until I find out how to upload images.
The sprite found looked like a female wrestler.
The Jessica I found in Street Fighter is the mayor Mike Haggar's Daughter.
#46  February 21, 2019, 06:41:53 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Jessica is the damsel in distress of Final Fight
#47  February 22, 2019, 11:55:52 pm
I recommend to see my SF2 Sprite Rip thread for you man,  if you need more references for New Challengers sprites to convert in 8 bits
#48  February 25, 2019, 02:28:37 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
#49  February 28, 2019, 04:59:15 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Update: I fell a bit behind on Mike's sprites. I find myself stopping and starting sprites from scratch over and over cause they end up looking off. Progress has been made but I really don't know when it'll be finished. Thankfully, he's one of only two characters that need a lot of completely new handdrawn sprites instead of just editing. Seeing how tough this one has been, I might need to get help for that last character. We'll see. I'll keep things updated here.

Pacsonic and Umezono: You're on the right track, btw that character is the other handdrawn character I just mentioned. Regardless of what happens she's gonna be the final character for this update.

HHHanzo: Thank you for the offer! I'll let you know if I end up taking it.

O Ilusionista: I agree. In fact I was looking to see if I could tap into the z-axis somehow but didn't find any luck. Probably gonna go with a tag system, don't know when that'll be implemented though.
#50  March 13, 2019, 11:30:19 pm
    • USA
Does anyone know where Terry's sprites are from?
#51  March 13, 2019, 11:39:07 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I made them from Fatal Fury Special arcade sprites. They're incomplete and the wrong size(slightly too small).

Since you mentioned them, I think I can say this now. Terry's sprites were for a follow up project to SF2Nes that never got off the ground. After we finished SF2Nes we originally wanted to do a Street Fighter vs Fatal Fury crossover game. I did Terry's sprites to see how practical and how time consuming it'd be. It really wasn't that hard. I can share some concept sprites here:

I realize not all of these were great, but it was just early stage concepts so who knows what they could have ended up as. :P
Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:45:45 am by Cobra Caddie

9mb

#52  March 14, 2019, 04:46:01 am
Can char avatars be optimized? :)
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#53  March 14, 2019, 05:47:12 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
"该图片仅限百度用户
内部交流使用"

Can't see what you're trying to show me :(
#54  March 14, 2019, 11:21:54 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
"该图片仅限百度用户
内部交流使用"

(Google Translate intensifies)

That basically states that the image he sent is only allowed to be seen by users of a chinese(?) network, Baidu, because of "Internal Communication".

9mb

#55  March 14, 2019, 03:48:03 pm
"该图片仅限百度用户
内部交流使用"

Can't see what you're trying to show me :(
......It's the image of Char's head that I processed. Unfortunately, I didn't find an external network album. :pleased:

9mb

#56  March 14, 2019, 03:55:29 pm
#57  March 15, 2019, 09:09:38 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Those look pretty legit, good job. :) I did notice you did the small portraits as well, those look way better than the ones I did for SF2Nes
#58  March 18, 2019, 05:03:00 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
I really enjoyed looking at the concept sprites. Thanks for sharing those.
#59  March 19, 2019, 01:45:48 am
    • USA
I made them from Fatal Fury Special arcade sprites. They're incomplete and the wrong size(slightly too small).

Since you mentioned them, I think I can say this now. Terry's sprites were for a follow up project to SF2Nes that never got off the ground. After we finished SF2Nes we originally wanted to do a Street Fighter vs Fatal Fury crossover game. I did Terry's sprites to see how practical and how time consuming it'd be. It really wasn't that hard. I can share some concept sprites here:

I realize not all of these were great, but it was just early stage concepts so who knows what they could have ended up as. :P

You should of used the Neo Geo Pocket color sprites or sprites from actual NES bootlegs like you did for the street fighter but edit them due to most of the NES bootleg ones being 1 color and Ryo could of been sprite edits of Ryu''s Sprites. It would of make them a whole lot easier.

About the Street Fighter VS Fatal Fury, someone did an edit of this game and made it King of Fighters VS Street Fighter NES. All he did was get normal King of Fighters characters except Terry, change their color pallet, and shrink them. I'm working on an edit of that game that replaces those with NES bootlegs and Neo Geo Pocket Color versons of those characters.
Video here:

Same Guy did a Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat NES and shrunk cartoon style Mortal Kombat characters and I'm doing the same thing. I actually found 5 bootleg MK characters but no GB, GBC, Neo Geo Pocket Color style, nor 8 bit. I would edit some MK characters that have no fatalities but I don't have the time for that nor to start from scratch.
Video here:

lui

#60  March 19, 2019, 01:58:04 am
    • USA
that..really does not look good. at all

resizing the sprites can only do so much. you need to redraw the sprites entirely for them to fit in