YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734414 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2461  April 11, 2021, 01:57:04 am
    • Brazil
They didn't care about gore when bringing Sub-Zero and Raiden to Injustice 2 (Scorpion in the original Injustice at least would damage their bodies, like everyone in that game), so I doubt they would care about gore in Smash. Gore in MK is merely a visual thing, it's not required for gameplay, you guys severely overestimate it's value.
#2462  April 11, 2021, 02:16:56 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Injustice is made by the same developer as Mortal Kombat.  How is that in any way relevant?  It doesn't matter what Netherrealm thinks about using MK characters, they're not the ones calling the shots.  This is a Nintendo game we're talking about.  A different company in a different country with a different core market and demographic with a different ratings board to answer to.

And that still doesn't address the fact that an MK character, stripped of literally everything that makes an MK character interesting and iconic and reduced to a barebones set of pure functions, would be boring as fuck and please nobody.  Non-MK fans would wonder who this generic ninja with a generic set of ninja moves is and why he's there, and MK fans would be pissed that Scorpion had to have a babality performed on him just to get in the front door.
#2463  April 11, 2021, 03:23:00 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#2464  April 11, 2021, 04:10:44 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Solution.  Add Goro as an unplayable boss in the next installment and have him rep not just MK but all of Warner Media.  Base him on MK1 because over there he has not done any gory actions and looks comical or cuddly enough with his flex taunt. 

Problem solved.  Doc Mario buffs plz.
#2465  April 11, 2021, 04:20:49 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Ooh a cuddly underwear 4 armed male dragon guy will sell well like that one fighting game. He'll pair well with the Pokemon they add every game.

Please buff Dr. Mario he is always the better Mario.
#2466  June 14, 2021, 06:59:52 pm
Well, since the direct is around the horizon, I wanna bring this little nugget back for your consideration.

Spoiler: The list in question (click to see content)

This list allegedly shows what Nintendo has personally selected for Sakurai to use since May 2019.  Made quick edits to check off what's confirmed as characters and Mii Costumes but not those who are currently in the game as Spirits as they could be getting a playable upgrade.  If something as random as Arthur was considered and made it in even as a Mii Costume, then this list is close to being the real deal.
Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:00:01 pm by Kirishima
#2467  June 14, 2021, 08:10:24 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Chun-Li with her powefull kicks would be pretty cool in smash and also she was the first female character in a fighting game :) that sakurai can celebrate.xD
#2468  June 14, 2021, 09:12:24 pm
    • Mexico
I'm still sure that it's going to be Chun-li/Crash and a Pokemon, but if I'm wrong then I'm ready to look like an idiot
#2469  June 14, 2021, 09:15:52 pm
It's safe to assume Crash is a lock at this point.  Even if he isn't in the Pack, the moment the Fighter Ballot goes up, he is gonna eat the votes by a landslide.
#2470  June 14, 2021, 11:23:54 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm still hopeful if Crash comes, Spyro follows.  A Crash crossover minus Spyro still feels wrong.  From that list there's a handful I'd personally prefer over them, but they are still probably the most fitting for Smash.
#2471  June 15, 2021, 12:02:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Hanging my hopes on Porky and Prof. Layton.  They're on the seemingly prophetic list, but are unlikely enough to actually make it that I won't be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Hard pass on Chun-Li.  Iconic as Chunners is, Capcom already has a huge amount of representation and Street Fighter doesn't need a third rep when there's the entirety of gaming history to choose from.
#2472  June 15, 2021, 09:48:46 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
The lack of anything Ace Attorney despite its history with Nintendo systems is quite perplexing. Not even a group of spirits, though that might change if they do a promotional event for the upcoming GAA.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2473  June 15, 2021, 03:28:04 pm
    • Mexico
Never thought I'd see this, but Vergeben is sorta back, and with some Smash tease.
Spoiler: spoiler for folks who don't wanna click (click to see content)
Now, I'm not sure what to think about it. Vergeben hasn't posted leaks in over a solid year, so nobody knows if he stayed in contact with whatever source that told him all the Smash info. On the other hand, his last leak before was rather accurate, as he pretty much leaked the mii costumes from Byleth's presentation mid-Direct. It'd be a pretty ballsy thing for him to do that again. Still, I'm putting this as small food for thought before the direct comes.
#2474  June 15, 2021, 06:03:47 pm
 :nicepost:

6/28 Smash Direct
#2475  June 15, 2021, 06:05:52 pm
    • Brazil
Well, its Kazuya. Not a bad choice, really. I really hope MK is represented eventually.
#2476  June 15, 2021, 06:08:28 pm
Ya know I just figured it out.

What if they real reason why they can't get Heihachi to work is that he, in his old age, can't jump so high?  At least in PSASBR, Prime Heihachi is nimble.
#2477  June 15, 2021, 06:23:38 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I always thought Kazuya would be more likely to get in first than Heihachi; he's the younger and handsome one first true protagonist after all, and the Devil Gene powers can maybe allow for some more creativity in regards to air mobility.

Spoiler: Also... (click to see content)
Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 06:37:28 pm by NDSilva
#2478  June 15, 2021, 06:24:30 pm
Also this pretty much confirms Lloyd is returning as a Mii Costume.

Oof.

Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 06:27:58 pm by Kirishima
#2479  June 15, 2021, 06:44:28 pm
    • Mexico
I'm rather happy about Kazuya. It's not Heihachi, but I'll take it over no Tekken content (bar Heihachi mii) at all. And it's funny to think about how everyone was expecting Heihachi or Jin, yet they slept on the original Tekken protagonist all along.
#2480  June 15, 2021, 06:50:26 pm
    • Brazil
I always thought Kazuya would be more likely to get in first than Heihachi; he's the younger and handsome one
Are you telling me that it wouldn't work if they revealed all this manservice?