YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4634072 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Robo-Weiss quick update + 6 IKEMEN GO updates (4/07/21)
#421  April 18, 2021, 11:52:53 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
That looks more like an Uzuki problem than a Hyde problem.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Mitsuru Kirijo Released + Hyde Quick Update (4/18/21)
#422  April 18, 2021, 10:28:29 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Mitsuru has been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Mitsuru Here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R7iKLf_nJDVcHoptqCzhCN6zfnTAmVJ1/view?usp=sharing

Alchemist of Atlas has also made a Japanese voice patch for Mitsuru, which you can get here:
https://mega.nz/file/SNFQRTrS#HB-ZjGEw-GbBg7XbJj6mGdxMUWBem_3EEnAlDcpTU9c

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.

After looking at the code for Uzuki's counter, it's hard to say whether or not its even intended to interact with projectiles in the first place. The move only has a reversal def that puts the opponent into a custom state where they are pushed back and stunned upon triggering, if a helper were to trigger this, it gets deleted instead. Also, reversaldefs do not work against non helper based projectiles, Uzuki just gets hit if she tries it. Yugusic would have to add a hitoverride to this state if he wants it to work against non helper based projectiles.

Nonetheless, I have updated Hyde with a failsafe for Black Orbiter, should he ever run into this sort of situation again.
Hyde
-Hyde can now use Black Orbiter again if the initial projectile was removed by unusual means

#423  April 18, 2021, 11:39:05 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
oh yeah meta knight another kirby character
#424  April 18, 2021, 11:42:01 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
Will Meta Knight have his smash bros moveset or something?
#425  April 18, 2021, 11:53:11 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#426  April 19, 2021, 02:10:55 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#427  April 19, 2021, 02:56:27 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
META KNIGHT HYYYYPE
this is such good news because the best meta knight in mugen currently (in my opinion) is in a COMPLETELY different style from the best kirby on the market (yours) so they don't really match at all in my roster... now with an official OHMSBY meta knight, the set will be completed in earnest!
#428  April 19, 2021, 06:09:03 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY why does the Meta Knight have such heavy shading on its model? Is it a result of rendering the model or is an aesthetic choice? I don't think its bad, in fact it gives the Meta a really cool texture and makes him stand out among the rest of your characters. Just wondering what the process for Meta was.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#429  April 19, 2021, 02:06:57 pm
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Mitsuru has been released.

I've been looking forward to this. Great work as always.
The only small and kinda redundant feedback I have on Mitsuru is that all of her Coup Droit have the wrong attribute flags.
Just to let you know that.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Mitsuru Kirijo Quick Update (4/19/21)
#430  April 20, 2021, 04:43:51 am
    • USA
Mitsuru has gotten a quick updated.

Mitsuru
-Fixed an error where Coup Droit was flagged as a normal attack

Will Meta Knight have his smash bros moveset or something?

His moveset will largely be based on that of Smash Ultimate while having a few moves that he had in the main line Kirby games.

Hey OHMSBY why does the Meta Knight have such heavy shading on its model? Is it a result of rendering the model or is an aesthetic choice? I don't think its bad, in fact it gives the Meta a really cool texture and makes him stand out among the rest of your characters. Just wondering what the process for Meta was.

It was a aesthetic choice. We were going for kind of a 2.5D look similar to what you see in Blade Strangers or Dead Cells.
#431  April 20, 2021, 06:44:58 am
    • USA
That's cool.  Blade Strangers had a very interesting style of converting 3D models into sprites. So what was the process of doing this? Did you guys convert Meta Knights model from the game or did yoh use a preexisting model?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#432  April 20, 2021, 07:13:35 am
    • USA
Basically, we took his model from smash ultimate into blender, made his textures into more solid colors and applied a shader to the model that makes him look the way he does now. After we got the model set up, we applied an animation file from smash ultimate and have Blender render that animation into an image sequence, this is repeated for each of his animations and custom animations are made when needed.

There's much more to the process than what I've explained here, but I think this the best way to sum it up.
#433  April 20, 2021, 10:27:36 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Magnificent once again OHMSBY.
#434  April 20, 2021, 02:07:15 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Basically, we took his model from smash ultimate into blender, made his textures into more solid colors and applied a shader to the model that makes him look the way he does now. After we got the model set up, we applied an animation file from smash ultimate and have Blender render that animation into an image sequence, this is repeated for each of his animations and custom animations are made when needed.

There's much more to the process than what I've explained here, but I think this the best way to sum it up.

then will you do the same with other characters? like for example DK?
#435  April 20, 2021, 02:31:26 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
No wonder why I never seen the sprites before since it doesn't come from a 2D game nor it was taken from an already existing character. That means Meta Knight will be your first character that doesn't use resources from another author and will be from a game series usually in 3D. With the amount of characters SSBU has, a conversion is now possible and will be very exciting to see in your style. Hopefully the SFF won't be large and still be around the 50 MB range.

I look forward to see what surprises you got in the future and other 2D characters you still plan on doing from time to time.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#436  April 20, 2021, 03:03:19 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece

Absolute mad lads
#437  April 20, 2021, 04:09:28 pm
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home

The fact that you guarantee a new release after exact three weeks no matter how complicated the character is already amazed me. Making MUGEN characters not only time-consuming but all so requires lots of efforts and intelligence. I absolutely have no idea how can you balance your time for making characters and spending time to cool yourself down.
#438  April 21, 2021, 12:51:23 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA

Holy hell dude, that's honestly amazing. That really opens the road for some 3D characters being playable in your style if you have their models available.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#439  April 21, 2021, 06:30:52 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA

Now that's cool. It's nice to see that you're now doing your own sprites, so maybe a Zelda character is possible in the near future.
On the other hand: what do you mean by "we"?
#440  April 22, 2021, 05:51:42 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY how do you guys make special intros between your characters and what isthe backstory behind the Jin Kisaragi vs Isaac special intro, where Isaac holding a odd looking picture, Jin being offended by it and destroying said picture.