YesNoOk

How to find Super Motions in CMD File of a char?  (Read 18374 times)

Started by TheDragon, May 10, 2021, 11:34:53 pm
Share this topic:
How to find Super Motions in CMD File of a char?
#1  May 10, 2021, 11:34:53 pm
Hello MUGEN colleagues , how are you? Anyway I have a question, it turns out that I downloaded a character, but one of his hypers is done with such buttons, So I wanted to change it to controls that I find more comfortable to use.

Then I was going to change the controls to enjoy the character, but when I wanted to change (if I know that to change the controller a hyper is looking for the Super Motions section) I did not find the Super Motions in the CMD, which was done wrong because I can not change the controller, and try to search through Fighter Factory in the CMD "Super Motions" but nothing related to changing controls appeared to me.

I don't know if I explain myself well, anyway, if anyone could help me with this problem, I'd appreciate it firsthand. Thank you very much. Best regards.
Re: How to find Super Motions in CMD File of a char?
#2  May 11, 2021, 12:04:04 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Turn on debug (ctrl + D), do the move, look what state it is, search for the state number in the CMD.
#3  May 17, 2021, 05:41:25 am
Turn on debug (ctrl + D), do the move, look what state it is, search for the state number in the CMD.

OK, Thank You, I did that what you told me, but then what do you do? I mean, I managed to find the State, but now how do I change the controls, can you help me by telling me how to change the controls?
#4  May 17, 2021, 10:17:21 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Go into the CMD file by using a character editor, find the state and check what command it's using. Then, edit the command.
#5  May 18, 2021, 07:49:58 am
Go into the CMD file by using a character editor, find the state and check what command it's using. Then, edit the command.

Okay, Thanks, enter the status in Fighter Factory and I found the move, but I didn't find the command to change it and I tried to look for it but I never found the command, I'm sorry I'm a beginner in this :(
#6  May 18, 2021, 10:45:41 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I'll use KFM as an example.
Let's say I want to change the motion for state 1000. I'll open his CMD file in Notepad, use ctrl + F to find state 1000, which gives me this:

Code:
;Light Kung Fu Palm
[State -1, Light Kung Fu Palm]
type = ChangeState
value = 1000
triggerall = command = "QCF_x"
trigger1 = var(1) ;Use combo condition (above)

Notice the "command = "QCF_x", this is the name of the command this move uses. Now I'll press ctrl + F again and search for this exact command, QCF_x, whic gives me this:

Code:
[Command]
name = "QCF_x"
command = ~D, DF, F, x

This is what I want to change, let's say instead of down > forward > x, I want to use down > back > any punch, I can edit this or create a new command. As an example I'll be creating a new command with another name, say, "qcb_punch", and since I'm going to use all punch buttons I'll make many of these with the same name, you can even specify a time if you want:

Code:
[Command]
name = "qcb_punch"
command = ~D, DB, B, x

[Command]
name = "qcb_punch"
command = ~D, DB, B, y

[Command]
name = "qcb_punch"
command = ~D, DB, B, z

And then go back to state 1000 in the CMD and change the command to the new one (you don't need to do this if you edited the command instead):

Code:
;Light Kung Fu Palm
[State -1, Light Kung Fu Palm]
type = ChangeState
value = 1000
triggerall = command = "qcb_punch"
trigger1 = var(1) ;Use combo condition (above)
Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:50:45 am by DS
#7  May 18, 2021, 12:52:21 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Just wanted to add a few things.

B = ←
DB = ↙
D = ↓
DF = ↘
F = →
UF = ↗
U = ↑
UB = ↖

So for example, let's say you want to make a move that requires [↓↘→ + PUNCH] as the input,.
Then, you would put the following into "command":
Code:
[Command]
name = "any_name"
command = ~
to
Code:
[Command]
name = "any_name"
command = ~D, DF, F, x

Hope this helps.
#8  May 19, 2021, 06:23:53 am
OK, thank you so much for your help friends I really appreciate it! I'll try when I get the chance, thank you!