YesNoOk

Undiscovered Smells of the Shit Thread (Read 2122567 times)

Started by Do not even ask, October 28, 2012, 10:37:23 AM
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Undiscovered Smells of the Shit Thread
#8101  April 04, 2020, 05:38:05 PM
    • USA
#8102  April 04, 2020, 05:38:18 PM
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Relic forgotten for 300+ years for a fighting game engine that was built 20 years ago.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-is-now-20-years-old-187299.0.html

I knew you would pull the "mysterious and undiscovered" excuse.
Why talk about something ancient in a mugen forum... ah forget it.

Not much else has to be said.
If you want to correlate a 20 year old engine with a 300+ year old paper, more power to you, keep it for your fiction stories.
I got bored from reading all of this.
#8103  April 04, 2020, 05:55:24 PM
  • The 'Wouldn't Hurt To' Boy
    • UK

#8104  April 04, 2020, 05:59:06 PM
  • Are you goblet?
  • Never order spooky spaghetti
    • USA
See here's the thing. You make up this massive elaborate story with a place you named and you can't even spell it right.

Also cool trying to spin words you don't even know what they mean
#8105  April 04, 2020, 06:00:28 PM
  • "Who?"
    • USA
This entire quote nest is an exercise in self-deceptive autofellatio on Graves' part, but simply saying that isn't very substantive nor conducive to a conversation. So, on a slightly lighter note, for the sake of posterity, I'd like to touch on something. Maybe something worthwhile, and worth learning about and passing on. Regarding this quote here:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

There's a lot to pare down here. Luckily, there is a tool for doing such paring. For those who haven't heard of it, it's called Occam's Razor. "Entities should not be multiplied without necessity." If there are two (or in this case five) competing hypotheses all leading to a conclusion it's generally most reasonable to accept the one that makes the least assumptions to reach said conclusion. To take it point by point:

Hypothesis 1: Assumes that this NEGUM rainforest is real, that someone visited and documented it, that said person was apparently a clairvoyant using language and scientific jargon at least three centuries prior to their popularizatuon, and that the forest's root name was slightly lost in translation, despite seemingly nothing else including the modern scientific jargon falling victim to this same translation. Also that this paper passed peer review, got published for everyone to see, was downloaded by Graves in 2008, and then mysteriously disappeard because its DOI page is now nonexistent.

Hypothesis 2: Assumes everything the first hypothesis did, except that in lieu of a translation error it's this same clairvoyant explorer was simply being considerate to posterity by...obfuscating the language.

Hypothesis 3: Assumes everything from hypothesis 2, except that instead of being considerate, the author of the paper, who is a preestablished clairvoyant, flubbed a word, intentionally or otherwise.

Hypothesis 4: Assumes everything from hypothesis 1, except that instead of the word being simply difficult to translate, that the translator themself screwed up, and that this mistake slipped through peer review for centuries without question.

Hypothesis 5: Assumes only that the person positing this forest's existence, this paper's existence, and these hypotheses is a lunatic. Which he's been ever so willing to demonstrate.

Seems like Hypothesis 5 would be the most tenable position to accept, given the circumstances.

With all that said, as a parting gift for those who sat through my spiel: If Occam's Razor is too tedious a task to apply, there is another tool, just as useful. It's called Hitchens' Razor. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and that which is asserted without evidence can so be dismissed without evidence." Thanks for reading.
"No, seriously, who?"
Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:03:35 PM by ArgusJord
#8106  April 04, 2020, 06:05:31 PM
Do you know what extraordinary evidence he will post or talk about?

Try to guess.

Yeah.

His videos.
#8107  April 04, 2020, 06:12:39 PM
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The weirdest part of all this is that he seems to be entertaining the delusion that everyone here is participating in the RP with him.  Like, he's not reading everyone's posts as "stop being dumb and playing make believe about a freeware fighting game engine."  It's like he thinks we're a bunch of naysaying academics in an adventure movie that are trying to discredit his discovery.

I think GeorgeMP might actually be on to something here; this guy might have a legitimate developmental disability.
#8108  April 04, 2020, 06:12:55 PM
  • robert cop
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/site/meldosmugensite/
#8109  April 04, 2020, 06:14:52 PM
But you see, it's the fault of an old paper from 1688.
#8110  April 04, 2020, 07:08:29 PM
  • i will meditate and then write a really epic post
  • jai ho
    • Skype - executivepetrel
    • kawaiikings.net
youtube
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♥๑۩۩๑♥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Put this on the profile of people who are known/wanted terrorists
that were involved in the September 11th attacks in 2001
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♥๑۩۩๑♥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
- courtesy of Iced
#8111  April 04, 2020, 07:18:05 PM
  • ♫ Red Fraction ♫
    • youtube.com/DemonicKirishima
#8112  April 04, 2020, 07:18:22 PM
  • I haven't recovered from zombie
  • No bro, I won't eat you, I'll kiss you instead
    • Chile
Relic forgotten for 300+ years for a fighting game engine that was built 20 years ago.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-is-now-20-years-old-187299.0.html

I was going to say the same thing. How is it possible that there's a document 'written in 1688' and 'digitalized in 1989' of a fighting game engine that got released in 1999? Unless there was a prediction a-la 'The Simpsons' back then, I'm a little bit confused on the chronological order of this 'fanfic'...
Current project: Fiona Belli (On hold)
Current CS WIP: B. B. Hood by varo_hades
Project Thread: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/isragenekos-workshop-help-wanted-187595.0.html
CS Patches Thread: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/isragenekos-cs-patches-187740.0.html
Latest Release: Batsu CS, Elsa CS
Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:51:19 PM by IsRageNeko
#8113  April 04, 2020, 07:21:33 PM
  • Are you goblet?
  • Never order spooky spaghetti
    • USA
You don't think about such things when you're delusional.
#8114  April 04, 2020, 07:44:10 PM

@Meldo Sorry to do this to you but you misspelled "misspelled" once

@Alex Sin "Relic forgotten for 300+ years for a fighting game engine that was built 20 years ago." ... Obviously the rainforest and the creatures within it would have to exist from a time before we started using those creatures for our combatitive "Mugen games". Its not like the creatures will come into existence after the game was developed.

@AlexSin ... You ask boring technical questions ... you get boring technical answers .. As OrchiGill once said "A Simple Equation"

Hey, he edited this post with the part I made in bold letters.
So that should answer your question... right... he's keeping this "mugen chars are pokemon" mindset...

"Its not like the creatures will come into existence after the game was developed."
Totally. I also believe there are flying pigs. ← That's sarcasm if you can't tell.

You spelled "It's" wrong, also it's OrochiGill. Before you correct someone on their typos, be sure to type correctly yourself, or you'll look like an idiot.
Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:50:46 PM by AlexSin
#8115  April 04, 2020, 09:22:24 PM
  • robert cop
    • UK
As for extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence ... the extraordinary evidence regarding proof of the NEGUM rainforest and the inhabitants therein is presented humbly and personally by me in this video:

yeah, "evidence" that can be literally found on stock footage sites with a quick Google search

Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 09:25:51 PM by Meldo Wiseau
#8116  April 04, 2020, 09:24:25 PM
  • Glorious Bastard
  • Halfway between both negatives
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Please tell me he didn't actually buy the stock photo just for this skit.
3DS FC: 0516 - 7483 - 3564
Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#8117  April 04, 2020, 09:29:27 PM
  • The 'Wouldn't Hurt To' Boy
    • UK

Sounds like this ain't gonna last long.

Graves is still 100% serious right?
#8118  April 04, 2020, 09:31:34 PM
  • I haven't recovered from zombie
  • No bro, I won't eat you, I'll kiss you instead
    • Chile
Current project: Fiona Belli (On hold)
Current CS WIP: B. B. Hood by varo_hades
Project Thread: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/isragenekos-workshop-help-wanted-187595.0.html
CS Patches Thread: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/isragenekos-cs-patches-187740.0.html
Latest Release: Batsu CS, Elsa CS
#8119  April 04, 2020, 09:33:36 PM
  • robert cop
    • UK
he probably took his mother's credit card out of her purse for the footage
#8120  April 04, 2020, 09:53:01 PM
  • i will meditate and then write a really epic post
  • jai ho
    • Skype - executivepetrel