YesNoOk

Anyone here being banned from BLACKLISTED WEBSITE for no reason at all? (Read 4340103 times)

Started by Flowrellik, June 12, 2016, 08:03:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Anyone here being banned from === MALWARE RIDDEN SITE THAT USES ADFLY ==== for no reason at all?
#61  June 13, 2016, 12:18:15 am
adfly pages can definitely give out viruses on landing.

Can you please prove that?

If you can provide hard evidence of this I will immediately remove adfly
unfortunately that is not so easy to prove, because it depends on the website adfly advertised and most of the time those are random.
i can spend an entire night refreshing sites on adfly and i probably won't be able to find you one that will trigger a reaction from my anti-virus. but if my word could mean anything i do remember my antivirus telling me that it blocked a trojan from a website that adfly advertised.
the viruses don't come from adfly, they come from the websites they advertise.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
how to throw flowerelik under the bus
#62  June 13, 2016, 12:21:03 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You've known some of us for several years. Why would you think we'd all gang up on you and make a big deal out of this if it wasn't true? You think we all got together because you banned flowerelik to bash you and your site????

We hate flowerelik, geez!!! :p
Re: Anyone here being banned from = MALWARE RIDDEN SITE THAT USES ADFLY for no reason at all?
#63  June 13, 2016, 12:23:06 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Re: Anyone here being banned from = MALWARE RIDDEN SITE THAT USES ADFLY for no reason at all?
#64  June 13, 2016, 12:25:39 am
#65  June 13, 2016, 12:27:56 am
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
Oh, I guess he needs proof of adfly itself
http://www.effecthacking.com/2015/06/hackers-use-adfly-to-deliver-tinba-malware.html

did you scroll down a bit?

Post a Comment

AD REFERRALS ARE FORBIDDENJuly 3, 2015 at 4:26 AM

We are sorry for the inconvenience but this is something AdFly is obviously not letting happen on purpose. We count with several methods to prevent fraudulent advertising, unfortunately (and very ocassionally) if a fraudulent advertising changes the redirection of a campaign after been reviewed by us, this is a possibility.

This specific campaign has been located now and cancelled.

We normally ask our users to report malicious ads to the email abuse@AD REFERRALS ARE FORBIDDEN providing the IP address that has seen it at least in the last 48 hours. This should allow us to track it and in most of the cases suspend the advertiser's account.

and apparently they changed their method to prevent this

https://www.adflyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56982

Before any ads go live, we review them for any malware. Ads are also constantly monitored 24/7 and anything reported as abuse is removed quickly. If advertisers make changes to their campaign, their ad will be put on hold for another review. I'm assuming that the users complaining about viruses and such already have a type of adware or possible spyware on their computer.
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
Re: Anyone here being banned from === MALWARE RIDDEN SITE THAT USES ADFLY ==== for no reason at all?
#66  June 13, 2016, 12:28:21 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
adfly pages can definitely give out viruses on landing.

Can you please prove that?

If you can provide real evidence of this I will immediately remove adfly

are you that incapable you couldnt even run a simple search?
https://www.google.com/search?q=adfly+viruses&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=Pd5dV6vIEIis8weu4LqICw

Jesus christ mate.

Sorry but I see no evidence here. Just a forum post from 2011 is not a solid proof.

Here's another forum post
https://www.adflyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56982

Again if you can point me to hard solid evidence, I'll remove adfly immediately.
Of course I would never put the members at risk.

Okay I get it, you are computer illiterate and cant understand what ransomware means. You somehow think that the malware deployers would admit to their security flaws on their own site.

http://www.scmagazine.com/malvertising-campaign-involves-url-shortening-service-adfly/article/422927/

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/140423-adfly-redirecting-my-chrome-browser/

Get googling instead of being stubborn , its recognized as a huge danger for a reason.

Remove all guild content from your site if you dont. Thats what we expect you to do. All of it, My team work included all of z2 team work.
#67  June 13, 2016, 12:31:39 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
@Blade Art
can you take down all DarkSide Joe content from your site, because of it he 99% retire from MUGEN and no more new mugen content from that guy! other authors may follow as well if you get caught. it may also prevent/delay somebody to upload their works because they fear your site host their content without permission.

btw about the post like spam i just post actually because you force me to become active member after you ban me for being inactive
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:35:49 am by yaminogun
#68  June 13, 2016, 12:32:20 am
I'm willing to compromise my computer and go refresh adfly until my antivirus reacts to it. but only if i can get your promise of not using it anymore after i show you the proof.
#69  June 13, 2016, 12:32:45 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
can you take down all DarkSide Joe content from your site, because of it he 99% retire from MUGEN and no more new mugen content from that guy! other authors may follow as well if you get caught. it may also prevent/delay somebody to upload their works because they fear your site host their content without permission

And they are 100% right.
#70  June 13, 2016, 12:33:16 am
They say that they remove fraudulent campaigns when they notice it. As in, when someone point it out to them. As in, after it has infected users. No one on the Internet should ever consider this to be good enough. They're too careless when they let it happen in the first place.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#71  June 13, 2016, 12:33:41 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Hey @Iced:, you should filter "AD REFERRALS ARE FORBIDDEN" itself to something like "horsec.ock".
#72  June 13, 2016, 12:34:09 am
did you scroll down a bit?

Doesn't matter, adfly's security isn't tight enough to prevent attacks like this on even a semi-frequent basis.

Any site used should have a reputation of being secure and of minimal risk. To do otherwise is negligence as a forum admin but hey, wouldn't be the first time someone's more interested in the money.
#73  June 13, 2016, 12:34:28 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I'm willing to compromise my computer and go refresh adfly until my antivirus reacts to it. but only if i can get your promise of not using it anymore after i show you the proof.
Dont do this, your anti virus will only caught what was already reported you are risking a bunch of infections for no reason.
#74  June 13, 2016, 12:34:53 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
if you need server money, the best way to do this without alienating your users is to just run banner ads that people have the option of adblocking, from vetted sources. never require people to disable adblock. or you can do a user donation drive. or fund it through yourself.
#75  June 13, 2016, 12:39:55 am
  • Raging Fist
Iced and Ume has a point in dealing with adfly and adblock. I get that you want to keep your servers up, I can understand that loud and clear, but adfly of all things is NOT the way to go, esp when you want to have a superb service as a sort of grand archive for mugen. If anything, just either pay it yourself or just have a donation poll on side. adblock is not that big of a problem.
#76  June 13, 2016, 12:43:56 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
If you went to the Filezilla forum during the SourceForge/Filezilla malware days, the FZilla dev and a couple of his fart-sniffer forum mods would tell you everyone getting viruses from the Sourceforge Filezilla installer were idiots who can't click buttons properly on the installer. Despite repeated attempts, appeals, and screencapped proof it would end with a canned copy/paste response and thread closure.

Telling people Adfly doesn't distribute malware (intentionally or by proxy of a bad distributor) by using an adfly forum admin's post with replies locked isn't proof it's good. It's how any company works as far as PR goes and the thread lock is a cute indicator that they are full of shit and they knew they were going to get flack.

Supposedly these days SourceForge is under new management yet again and all the malware bundles have been removed! However, I can guarantee you I'll never go back to that site after the problems it created and on top of that I'll avoid FZilla like the cyber-AIDS it is (or was). Likewise adfly is perma-banned across my home network, because it has/does cause problems.
Look for an alternative if you need to support server costs. Adfly can't be worth it and it will keep web-savvier people away from your site, I gurantee it.
#77  June 13, 2016, 12:47:25 am
turns out i don't even need to visit adfly myself to show you proof.
here are screen shots from the internet that prove that even with adblock adfly can still infect your pc:

and here it's trying to install something on a user's computer

please reconsider using it.
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:57:15 am by Gennos
#78  June 13, 2016, 12:58:28 am
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
turns out i don't even need to visit adfly myself to show you proof here are screen shots from the internet that prove that even with adblock adfly can still infect your pc:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I scanned that url in your pic with virustotal, and it seems clean

https://www.virustotal.com/url/8068f9a5c6b25b873fe02dc5f60b110c048a773bfb2bf13e2e419628f2d818b1/analysis/1465772172/

So I don't consider this a proof
A proof is something I or anybody can reproduce
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
#79  June 13, 2016, 01:00:26 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Virus total is not a reliable site, it accuses false NEGATIVES all over. Jesus christ, do you even read yourself.

heres a screenshot of someone that made a keylogger testing it out on virustotal and it saying that its safe even tho the scans with the softwares they are talking about show its unsafe.

Also those screenshots are all old, you only need to be caught once with a bad adfly, and it being a hijacking browser function as seen in any google search means it can happen at any time.

Have you removed all my content yet?
#80  June 13, 2016, 01:03:24 am
again my friend, the viruses don't come from adfly itself. they come from the websites they advertise and those are random.
virus total has no way of discovering that.