YesNoOk

author character tier lists (Read 5088 times)

Started by jay_ts, July 10, 2021, 02:04:44 pm
Share this topic:
author character tier lists
#1  July 10, 2021, 02:04:44 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
this was just a thing i randomly thought of in discord, but it would be interesting to see all the characters an author has created, and see which one is the strongest of them by ranking them all in a tier list. here are a couple examples:

my character tier list

karma tier list

jmorph tier list

yes i know this is mugen and you can put whoever the you want in a roster and these lists are pretty much redundant but it's just a little idea i had, its not really meant to be serious unless the characters would be used in a fullgame (for example my characters) in which i guess these lists are somewhat useful.
Re: author character tier lists
#2  July 10, 2021, 03:35:16 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Glad someone else is noticing that the EX Modes for Karma's Terry and Iori are notably better than Normal Modes.
How did you get these rankings? Simply trying and experimenting with the chars for a hot minute?

BTW, who's that under the J Groove in F Tier?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  July 10, 2021, 04:20:50 pm
    • USA
I’ve had extensive testing with pretty much all the characters on the list. Of course I took no real outside input for the tier lists (Jman and karma ones) outside of karma so the like 1 or 2 characters might be placed differently but not by any drastic means. I studied the hitboxes, framedata, mechanics, the lists here should be pretty accurate. I’m like 99% sure the tl for my own characters is accurate because I made the characters and I know what they do and how they stack up against everyone else.

and the person under J-groove in S is Evil Dan because I made him bad on purpose although I could buff him a bit more.
#4  July 10, 2021, 05:02:41 pm
my character tier list

karma tier list

jmorph tier list

yes i know this is mugen and you can put whoever the you want in a roster and these lists are pretty much redundant but it's just a little idea i had, its not really meant to be serious unless the characters would be used in a fullgame (for example my characters) in which i guess these lists are somewhat useful.
It is only possible for characters created by same Mugen creator in same style like what you did for the three tier lists and also in full game :truestory: which is interesting to see. When I started to find more information about fighting games, I do not know anything about tier list before year 2015 and in year 2003 and 2004 when I was watching in the Arcade centre and playing kof2002 with my schoolmates, I was wondering why they were always picking Billy kane, Athena and Angel/Maylee/Choi while I am the only "odd" one picking Yamazaki, k' and kusanagi :P

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#5  July 10, 2021, 05:07:05 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Wonder where the BBHood beta would squeeze in the Jman tier list.
#6  July 10, 2021, 05:22:13 pm
    • USA
It is only possible for characters created by same Mugen creator in same style like what you did for the three tier lists and also in full game :truestory: which is interesting to see. When I started to find more information about fighting games, I do not know anything about tier list before year 2015 and in year 2003 and 2004 when I was watching in the Arcade centre and playing kof2002 with my schoolmates, I was wondering why they were always picking Billy kane, Athena and Angel/Maylee/Choi while I am the only "odd" one picking Yamazaki, k' and kusanagi :P
idk you could make like a whole ass pots tier list, this isnt really a serious debate or anything its just an interesting thing to discuss about.
im not expecting myself to be the only one posting tl's here, if other people want to give their own tier lists they it would be cool to see what other people think about them here.
New #7  July 10, 2021, 06:26:22 pm
King an F lmao, thats not true at all.
Her pressure, cancels, and projectile game is mad, King is a solid A.
Her surprise roses are iffy to punish, she can cancel out of her slide or hit you with a trap shoot and then demolish you as she is a very combo heavy char, can keep away with projectiles as well.
Not to mention the fact she can cover herself  and catch you very well with a trap shoot and then again demolish you if she has 1 bar or 2, even if you block the as I call it the "cover" trap shoot she will be pushed away just enough so she cant get punished by normal means.
She can also keep in you in the corner for weeks, trap shoot, surprise rose, tornado kick and her venom strike(projectile) will make sure of that.

Example of a blocked Surprise rose and EX Trap shoot, if you are a tad bit late, she will tornado kick you back in the corner, try jumping over her surprise rose. You have to be very fast to punish that if you get hit or decide to block it.
Your best bet is to get her in the air or roll it that is if you know its coming and she does not use her projectile to ground you.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I feel King is stronger than Ken tbh, she has so many tools and its very easy to play.
Vken goes down from a single combo, I even showed that to the Jman back in discord and was poking fun at how paper thin Vken is, the dash is good but does not make him better than King, he also lacks target combos.
Master Ken has the target combos and dash but he is still paper thin.

Also putting in lots of hours in to Karma's Terry, I feel normal mode Terry is a bit better all around.
That EX 3 hit power wave locks the OP in place and he can dish out LOTS of damage while setting up the OP, not the mention the fire kick and whatnot.

Tbh, thats a very weird list, I don't agree with 80% of it.
There's no way in hell Ryo, Vice, Rolento, Guile and Kim are "better" then King, heck even Joe.
While I respect your opinion, I suggest giving some of these chars more time and you will see what im on about.
Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 07:36:59 pm by PeXXeR