YesNoOk

M.U.G.E.N Stage and Music Help Thread. (Read 121059 times)

Started by PRØJECT.13, May 20, 2016, 03:57:14 am
Share this topic:
M.U.G.E.N Stage and Music Help Thread.
#1  May 20, 2016, 03:57:14 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Ever find a good track on YouTube that you just absolutely love and want to put into your M.U.G.E.N, but could never find a good stage for it? What about you guys who have the opposite issue, you find an awesome stage, but don't have any fitting background music to go with the clashing of fists and hadoukens?

Well, rejoice friends; this is the topic just for you (And of course, anyone who wants to help out).

I figured that if this is an issue I personally run into often, hopefully other people would be as well. Here, you post about the stage you can't find music for, or for a suggestion for background music for a stage. For convenience's sake, I'll explain how to make and respond to requests here.

*Music for Stages*

- If you have a stage that you would like help finding music for, please post a screenshot of the stage in question. If there's a specific theme you want the track to have to fit with the stage, please make sure you mention it. If you have multiple stages you would like music for, have a maximum of five in one post. This is to help limit thread clutter, so please also keep it to a maximum of 5 stages per page.
- Once you feel satisfied with your request, please let the person who answered your request know with a response or quote within the thread. In the instance where the song isn't exactly desired, let the person/people who made the suggestion know such. Don't leave 'em hangin', man!
- When suggesting a track, please post a link to a YouTube video, preferably previewed so it can be listened to while still on the page if desired. Also, please make a direct reference to the person you are making the suggestion to, whether by tagging them or quoting what they've said.

*Stages for Music*

- If you are making a request for a stage, please have a YouTube link to the track you would like to have, preferably previewed for convenience sake. If there is a specific theme or feel you'd like the track to have, mention that so we know what we're looking for. As mentioned for the stages, please keep the previewed YouTube links to a maximum of five.
- When suggesting a stage, please post a link to said stage's release thread into your post. If the thread has no screenshot, please provide one in your original post. If the stage you have in mind is offline and you have it in your own M.U.G.E.N, feel free to post a download link provided by yourself, as well as a screenshot. Also, please make a direct reference to the person you are making the suggestion to, whether by tagging them or quoting what they've said.
- Once again, let the person/people who's helped you know if you're choosing the song they've suggested. Keeps the flow going and whatnot.

And finally the universal rule for both ends: Be respectful and have fun.

Oh, and one last thing; Don't worry about necrobumping the thread, it's all good  :thumbsup:
Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:40:51 am by Project.13
Re: M.U.G.E.N Stage and Music Help Thread.
#2  May 20, 2016, 06:47:29 am
  • Raging Fist
Well since this is finally a thing, I might as well speak again, since my thread is rather....empty.
There has been a certain track I've been trying to hunt down as of late, and Shiyo Kakuge has it, but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea of the source of where this track came from...and sadly neither does Shiyo, and he has not answered any of my PMs on youtube as of late. Not sure if it's because of a busy life or just youtube derping out on the messaging or both, but here goes.
https://youtu.be/tr3ybvG0X90?t=11m53s
The only type of soundbyte I can give at the moment is during this match (Sorry in advance). If you listen closely the ost has somewhat of a feel to CVS, but sadly there is no soundtrack in the CVS ost that fits it. Shiyo did have this playing in earlier vids, preferably in ayatutablue2014 stage, but it looks like the links are either taken down or kept as private. I could use all the help I can get atm.
#3  May 20, 2016, 07:26:00 am
    • USA
Speaking of Shiyo, here are two of his stages that I haven't found a soundtrack for, just to get things started. Not looking for anything specific, just something that fits. Thanks in advance.

ayutaya-blue2014 by Shiyo Kakuge
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

kiri-blue2014 by Shiyo Kakuge
#4  May 20, 2016, 08:08:21 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
I feel like any of Sagat's themes would fit nicely there. Though if it were me, I'd pick the one from Street Fighter Alpha, since thats my favorite.
Spoiler: cus the op says so (click to see content)
do the thing
#5  May 20, 2016, 11:11:18 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000

This is the song I use for that stage. Hopefully it fits for you, too.

#6  May 20, 2016, 09:00:25 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Burry Home
I suppose it would also help to list what kind of song one is looking for, I get a slower piece from the stage for example but I don't know if that's what the person requesting wants.
#7  May 21, 2016, 01:29:00 am
    • USA
I feel like any of Sagat's themes would fit nicely there. Though if it were me, I'd pick the one from Street Fighter Alpha, since thats my favorite.
Yeah, I was thinking Sagat's themes too, but wanted to see if anyone thought differently. I feel like this one would fit better on the original Ayutaya though so I think I'll end up using it for that one. Thanks.

This is the song I use for that stage. Hopefully it fits for you, too.

It's a little heavy for this stage, don't you think? It is a cool pick though. Haven't thought about using anything from Bushido Blade though so I'll give the soundtrack a listen again and see if anything fits. Thanks.

Burry Home
I suppose it would also help to list what kind of song one is looking for, I get a slower piece from the stage for example but I don't know if that's what the person requesting wants.
Yeah, I couldn't really come up with specifics at the time I posted them, so my b. This one does fit really well with the blue Ayutaya though. Thanks.
#8  May 21, 2016, 02:14:38 am
Speaking of Shiyo, here are two of his stages that I haven't found a soundtrack for, just to get things started. Not looking for anything specific, just something that fits. Thanks in advance.

For Kiri blue I use this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfOCxkWzBaM
you can use the instrumental version as well.
The song picks up on 2:35 onward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfO4XtbIxI
This one will do good too I think.
Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:24:37 am by PeXXeR
#9  May 21, 2016, 01:48:32 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
OP has requests!

Nothing too specific for Black Powder or Enter the Darkness, but for Rage Awakened I was thinking something that definitely looks final and dark, like a world in ruin.
#10  May 22, 2016, 07:00:41 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
• Someone know if there are stages that have a stunning vibe just as these songs?

• And about this particular stage from Master Yoda (Forest of Desolation):

Never found a track that really suits his ambience. Anyone that has more knowledge of epic themed musics would give a hint?

That's all for now I think

I also recommend this particular OC remix of Sagat theme, since it has a cool down feeling similar to that version of Ayutaya:

#11  May 22, 2016, 05:28:38 pm
For master yoda's stage try these ones.

Not so much the 2nd but hey :P

This one is also cool, this one fits the best though.
Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:37:57 pm by PeXXeR
#12  May 23, 2016, 10:53:02 pm
  • See you in your nightmares!
    • Sweden
    • bley43@gmail.com

For Ayutaya blue i use Rising Dragon (Ryu's Street Fighter EX3 theme) it fits very well.
Extra: For the normal one i use Luck Comes With A Spin Of The Statue from Maximum Impack Revalation A. Never found a better match.
For Kiri blue i use Niug Neg Place from DOA 5. Fits super well even tho it feels more like a boss theme.
Extra: For the normal one i use Fallen Leaves from DOA 5! Super good.
#13  May 23, 2016, 10:54:36 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@PeXXeR: Man, that last music is awesome and indeed fits the most with the natural feeling of the stage. Thanks for making me aware of this. :)
#14  May 25, 2016, 03:40:35 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
@Raneri How about this for Kiri-Blue, if you're still looking for music for that stage?

#15  May 25, 2016, 08:45:59 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
That's not how you tag mate @Raneri:
#16  May 25, 2016, 11:33:15 pm
    • USA
The recommendations after my last post are all pretty good. Sucks that you can't have multiple tracks à la Smash. Thanks, guys.
#17  May 26, 2016, 03:33:34 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
OP has requests!

Nothing too specific for Black Powder or Enter the Darkness, but for Rage Awakened I was thinking something that definitely looks final and dark, like a world in ruin.
There's a stage that maybe would fit for the Black Powder music - Dragon City by EXShadow

DL link on MUGEN Archive

#18  May 26, 2016, 03:51:49 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Augh, I could never download anything off of Mugen Archive for whatever reason. I personally don't see it with that stage either way, but it does bring another song into mind that I would definitely use if I could actually get my hands on that stage lol
#19  May 26, 2016, 04:10:16 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Well, either way I could reupload a link for the stage if you're interested. Do I post it in this thread?
#20  May 26, 2016, 04:20:55 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Oh, yeah, sure. Just in case someone else wants the stage, that way it's more convenient for everyone involved.
#21  May 26, 2016, 04:28:31 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
For Shiyo's stages I use a handful of tekken concept themes
#22  May 26, 2016, 04:35:31 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
#23  May 29, 2016, 06:45:19 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Update on my music for stages help, and I'll probably add this as a clause in the OP, but I've found stages for Black Powder and Enter The Darkness, posted respectively. (Spoilered because my mugen resolution and thus the images are pretty big.)

Still looking for a stage for Rage Awakened, so if you guys have any suggestions, bring 'em on!
#24  June 01, 2016, 05:27:45 am
  • Raging Fist
Gotta admit alot of good choices for BGMs here. Still, I gotta ask again (Sorrys), but this is more of finding a bgm source than something for a stage.
https://youtu.be/tr3ybvG0X90?t=11m53s  The ost playing during the match. I know its not CVS but I need a source. If I can find it I can be able to work it from there.
#25  June 23, 2016, 08:41:37 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
@Flowrellik: Sorry, I can't identify that song from anything I've ever heard before.

Also, sorry for this place being kind of barren and dead. Admittedly hoped this place would have a lot more traffic than this. I myself, do have more music for stage requests though. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

#26  June 23, 2016, 09:24:35 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:30:00 pm by Berry
#27  June 24, 2016, 04:35:30 am
2nd one

3done
#28  June 24, 2016, 04:56:43 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Alright, some pretty sweet choices. Though I think I'm gonna go with the Streets of Rage and Battle Garegga tracks. Thanks guys!
#29  June 29, 2016, 08:18:46 am
any suggestions for this stage ?

#30  June 29, 2016, 09:36:00 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
KoF 99 Ikari's team ost fits well this stage.
Lasagna
#31  June 29, 2016, 11:31:23 am
Its a cool track, but something a bit more chill ?
#32  June 29, 2016, 08:00:33 pm
    • USA
I have this thing with video game osts/asts.. I just love them. I'll usually use a remix or arranged version of the original if I can find it. Though not sure if everyone agrees with my taste, I feel as though I choose the right tracks. For that airport stage.. I'm pretty sure I used this? Though any Arashi no saxophone could fit.

https://youtu.be/hXPcDwqTtlM
#33  June 29, 2016, 11:51:53 pm
Thanks a lot to both, I'll stick with Rei's track but use Ash's for another stage. :)
#34  June 30, 2016, 04:21:15 am
    • USA
I'm sure you have my Ikemen and or have seen my videos. I organized all the tracks so they are easily accessible as well. Shiyo stages, I usually use SFEX ost. I just want to say that doa 3 and ultimate have some really good tunes as well. I really want to put people on to my man Kairu though... All if not most of my custom stage music is from him. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I feel he blends very well. Here are some samples.

#35  June 30, 2016, 07:49:59 am
Yep, Kairu is awesome, I do have a couple of tracks by him,also I have all of your stuff, The tracks you use are awesome.
#36  November 19, 2016, 08:42:34 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
What type of music would fit these stages:
AQUA PALACE BY EXSHADOW

DUST BY EXSHADOW

Video Works BY EXSHADOW

Vermillion City BY EXSHADOW

GLASS PRISON BY EXSHADOW

Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:56:54 pm by Shadic12
#37  November 20, 2016, 01:43:59 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Dust: Or

Glass Prison:

Can't really come up with anything for the others, sorry man.
#38  November 20, 2016, 02:05:56 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
It's okay I will find music that is close enough to fit those types of stages. Also thanks for the recommendations for DUST and GLASS PRISON.
#39  December 10, 2016, 07:02:11 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I want to make an huge MP3 with music plays on all Tatsu's stages so anyone want to suggest a couple of different music
#40  August 21, 2017, 10:47:20 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Can't seem to update the first post, so I'll just say here that people don't need to worry about bumping the thread, it's all good to me :thumbsup:

Anyway, I need help for this track, found it yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. Don't want to either xD
#41  August 21, 2017, 02:48:39 pm
    • Netherlands
Well this is a nice idea, anyone know which stages could go with this?

#42  August 21, 2017, 10:34:39 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
#43  August 27, 2017, 03:59:52 am
    • Netherlands
Which stages do you think I could use this for, I know it comes from a LEGO game but the music is actually great and sounds more like Marvel than LEGO, also I actually have the game and I enjoyed it, played it together with my brother often

#44  August 28, 2017, 06:48:59 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
This is quite a neat thread. Commence dump (probably one of many):

MUSIC

STAGES
Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:53:44 am by SerbianYugoThief
#45  September 03, 2017, 01:52:28 am
    • USA
Useful thread, show me a stage for this, please

#46  September 11, 2017, 03:17:06 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
#47  September 11, 2017, 04:13:08 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, for now, I can suggest nothing. But I have something to request...
#48  September 11, 2017, 10:21:02 pm
#49  September 12, 2017, 03:27:55 am
    • USA
#50  February 04, 2020, 07:03:24 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Necro bump from the dead but, any stage suggestions for this banger of a theme (don't really like the stage I have for it currently)
#51  July 22, 2021, 10:15:50 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Another necrobump but what stage would fit this lad of song the one I put a soundfont to