YesNoOk

MUGEN becoming commercial material for YouTube (Read 3282 times)

Started by Inactive user, July 13, 2021, 09:30:54 pm
Share this topic:
MUGEN becoming commercial material for YouTube
#1  July 13, 2021, 09:30:54 pm
Mugen becoming commercial material for Youtube

Inumerous people and channels who don't care about the time and work that was spent creating mugen content, are only interested in making money without having done anything, the authors are omitted and their original link are replaced by link shorteners.

what matters is just downloading, downloading, downloading and downloading to make money on youtube like the creators were slave hands.

a swarm of people come to the source, download the file and run to youtube to turn this stuff into views and try to make money with mugen.

no one is a sucker to be creating things for others to take advantage of with link shorteners and youtube monetization.

I know many of you boycott this type of behavior.

Just an example, I deleted my channel, but I had a video with 5600 views, no subscribers or comments, the vast majority of people thirsty to get the material and post it on Youtube, but I would get a nice kick on my... as$%#

this is not a drama, because i don't need youtube.

but people don't even disguise their interest in the material and their total contempt for the author.

If they want to make money from YouTube, they that fight and produce their own material.

This is not a hate post, just a reflection.

MOD EDIT:
Sorry, too many caps in the title, so I fixed it
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:29:24 pm by Basara Huffman
Re: MUGEN BECOMING COMMERCIAL MATERIAL FOR YOUTUBE
#2  July 13, 2021, 11:03:31 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Wait, this is at all viable? I got demonetized for hosting MUGEN content.
Re: MUGEN BECOMING COMMERCIAL MATERIAL FOR YOUTUBE
#3  July 13, 2021, 11:14:33 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
but people don't even disguise their interest in the material and their total contempt for the author.
It's even worse when they try to disguise but they do a really poor job at it. Or when they try to cram poorly made arguments into the conversation to make themselves look like the good supportive guy.

I agree with you.
Re: MUGEN becoming commercial material for YouTube
#4  July 13, 2021, 11:34:48 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Oh, I thought this was about YT demonetizing MUGEN videos for copyright, but it's about youtubers getting "links" of characters and MUGEN content by using link shorteners...

It's more than YouTube, that bad practice is totally despicable, I saw it in other fandom (like fan translated comic books, for example) and it's a shame to see it here. But then, who download MUGEN content from YouTube anyway? Unless the proper creator made it or some guys made compilations as if were "their" own fullgames, but probably I won't download it, not idea if some of you do it

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5  July 14, 2021, 01:25:54 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Most of those youtubers are only uploading videos to show private betas, or just other people's work, getting all the credit for themselves without even thanking the REAL authors. Just because of the "wow nice +1" comments and being attention whores because they lack skills and needs that army of rat boys saying they're the best. SAD DUDE, SAD.

For example, I would not be mad if 2Dee4Ever credit me, JMorphman's and so many others in his videos. And if the money he does with the videos goes to charity or else. Instead working with his skills, he uses other people's work without crediting most of times. Oh, and he's mad when someone uses his work, even if it's a CS. I'd add some other as Isekilegend(or whatever the name is) blaming Karma's work with a poorly explained video just because he's jelous as Hell of her skills and he insists Karma is stealing code(thing that was explained long ago).
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6  July 14, 2021, 04:15:42 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
"Sale" of compilations across multiple channels. Although they don't use link protectors, there are numerous advertisements scattered throughout the videos. I remember a specific case of a channel that did this with Naruto and Bleach about 12/13 years ago. In the past, this practice was something rarer and the Ris***** channel was kind of (in)famous around here. Today this is a common practice and if the creators don't want to see someone profiting from their work, the solution is not to share, otherwise all that's left is to accept.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  July 14, 2021, 06:45:36 pm
I Will go on making chars and stages, only no more fullgames, isolated materials aren't attractive sufficiently to them, but fullgames are the cake's cherry.
#8  July 20, 2021, 03:39:06 am
    • USA
It's pathetic that this kind of stuff is still happening even after 10 years.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place