YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515968 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#5121  July 09, 2021, 05:21:28 pm
  • SNK is life
Metroid Dread looks super cool.

The console itself is truly nothing to write home about :-/
#5122  July 10, 2021, 03:58:51 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Anybody got any thoughts on this?
https://mynintendonews.com/2021/07/06/nintendo-announces-nintendo-switch-oled-console-coming-8th-october/
Yea, it's just a more expensive Switch..... Was this the Switch Pro? I donno, could be, maybe, but I doubt it. Either way it's just another switch.
- Not worth ti if you already own a Switch.
- Only worth a buy if you like the new model, and it's features.
Honestly, this seems less like a Switch Pro and more like a Switch XL...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns

lui

#5123  July 10, 2021, 07:44:05 pm
    • USA
its exactly the SwitchXL.

Not sure why anyone is expecting or assuming this to be a Switch Pro.
#5124  July 10, 2021, 08:09:23 pm
Expected. There were rumors for several months that a switch pro was in the work with a better processor and whatever. Bloomberg was talking about it. People were looking forward to that because the Switch has a hard time keeping up with a bunch of games. There were other rumors too, and none of them came true, so it's a shitty disappointment.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5125  July 10, 2021, 08:12:07 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Even Bloomberg made a article saying "yeah, its coming" so its not like these weren't legitimate sources.

Its still super shitty thats there's little reason to get this over a base model.
32GB extra space and a shinier screen, oh wow take my money Nintendo.

lui

#5126  July 10, 2021, 11:32:31 pm
    • USA
I never expected a straight up Pro version so soon since Nintendo always likes to stretch their hardware as much as they can until like 2-5 revisions are out before doing a hardware upgrade.

I *may* get this as I wanna mod my OG switch to do a bunch of whacky shit. Idk.
#5127  July 11, 2021, 12:01:00 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Expected. There were rumors for several months that a switch pro was in the work with a better processor and whatever. Bloomberg was talking about it. People were looking forward to that because the Switch has a hard time keeping up with a bunch of games. There were other rumors too, and none of them came true, so it's a shitty disappointment.
Fair’s fair, Nintendo never once said they were making a Switch Pro.  It was 100% rumors, speculation, and “anonymous inside sources” start to finish.
#5128  July 11, 2021, 12:13:31 am
Like 1Ultima said, Bloomberg's article was pretty specific, with reports on hardware construction lines and industrial quarterly reports of hardware companies and stuff. There was everything you could want short of an official announcement. It's pretty disingenuous to throw it all under "anonymous inside sources", this was absolutely not some rando forum and YouTube talk. They 100% had something concrete and they scrapped it before the end.

The whole "anti-leak snipers and total opacity" attitude that many big entertainment companies have is some serious bullshit. We can see it, it's right there in front of us, why even lie. It's the same with Zelda, we know they have stuff, they just decided not to sell it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 12:19:45 am by Byakko
#5129  July 11, 2021, 12:38:49 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So Bloomberg's source got it wrong.  Or what they had was actually for something besides the OLED model that they're not announcing yet.  It could be any of a million things that don't feed into the "We were lied to!!  Nintendo are liars to us!!" narrative that's spiraling around this announcement.

It's like, someone sees someone else doing some baking in the other room.  He turns to his friend and says "They're probably making a cake."  They start talking about all the stuff they'd like there to be in the cake.  Eventually a bunch of other people in the room start talking about the cake, and what a good cake needs these days, and what kind of cake they can assume it is based on what ingredients they saw her buying, and how the baker can keep up with the competition by adding ingredients to the cake.  Finally, the baker comes in with a tray of cookies and everyone throws a fit because it's not cake, even though she never said it was.
#5130  July 11, 2021, 07:40:05 am
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
The biggest missed opportunity for the OLED Switch for me was suprisingly the lack of built in Bluetooth. Sure, you can buy Bluetooth adapters for it but nearly every device (including potato phones and computers) have em. Hell, even the Vita has built in Bluetooth and it's almost 10 years old. I tend to use Bluetooth devices quite alot.

I guess the OLED Switch is cool for people who never bought a Switch yet.
Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:41:43 am by T_DR
#5131  July 11, 2021, 08:19:31 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I guess the OLED Switch is cool for people who never bought a Switch yet.

I'm kinda deciding if I should wait for a Switch Pro. But I don't really need 4K to play games. Also it's most likely going to be docked 99 percent of the time.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#5132  July 11, 2021, 01:02:35 pm
It could be any of a million things that don't feed into the "We were lied to!!  Nintendo are liars to us!!" narrative that's spiraling around this announcement.
Dude, absolutely no one has said that. Don't pretend to misunderstand what people are mad about just so you can claim that it's everyone else who's crazy.
Also, it's not "Bloomberg's source" like it was just one guy. You're just grossly misrepresenting what was going on. (btw the Bloomberg article in question was very specific on the OLED part from Samsung and that's exactly what it was, but it also talked about 4K support and performances comparable to a PS4Pro for a price upgrade of $100 and that didn't happen)
More details in this random article :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This was coming from big Asian companies and economic journals. Google is giving me a bunch of other news sites that are recapping how the rumor of a Switch Pro evolved (the name Switch Pro even came from that March Bloomberg report in the first place).

You might be conflating this with other stuff that Nintendo did lie about, but the Pro thing wasn't something Nintendo themselves said, and nobody is saying they did. They said other stuff about other things that were lies, maybe you're looking at people who are putting that in one big bag and being mad that Nintendo lies in general.

its exactly the SwitchXL.
Personally I'd even go with Switch L.
Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:24:46 pm by Byakko
#5133  July 11, 2021, 06:05:54 pm
Developers and Switch hackers were already skeptical about the Bloomberg article, some even straight up dismissed as being false.
Switch games are developed in such a way that they will only work on the Nvidia Tegra shaders, so any new SoC will have to be backwards compatible to run switch games.
That is not as simple as it sounds, because Nintendo will have to ask Nvidia to create a custom SoC just for them. Let us not forget that the Tegra line of SoCs was made by Nvidia for Shield TVs and self driving cars way before Nintendo came up with the switch and took it from them. I seriously doubt Nintendo is willing to spend that kind of money to have custom chip created for them.

If that wasn't enough, one of the hackers who datamined a recent Switch firmware was able to extract all the specs of the new Switch model before its unveiling, and he was able to determine that it was still the same Mariko SoC.

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5134  July 17, 2021, 09:49:18 pm
Picked up Skyward Sword.
You know how they touched up the controls to chose between buttons and motion ? Well, it's still bad. You have camera controls, but on button control, you basically need to hold L 100% of the time unless you want to be swinging your sword at empty air by mistake all the time. As for the motion controls, if you're playing with a controller, then it has a really hard time distinguishing between a shield bash and a thrust or even a swing.
Also the gyro control is still shit and straight up impossible to figure out where it's even aiming and where it'll take you when you tilt anywhere, so you have to reset the gyro every single time you do anything. Took me a good couple minutes to pull out that sword in the statue.
It already feels like it'll be a pain to finish the whole game with either version, again.
Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 10:02:55 pm by Byakko
#5135  September 24, 2021, 02:09:28 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

OH...

MY...

GOOOOOOOOD!!!! :D :D

Also, new expansion for MHR.

And...

FREAKIN' ACTRAISER!!
Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:16:39 am by 【MFG】gui0007
#5136  September 24, 2021, 02:18:52 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
the witch is back in bayonetta 3
#5137  September 24, 2021, 02:25:07 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the new Bayonetta look yet or not.  Going to let it stew for a bit.  I always like the first game's look because the long hair made a lot more damn design sense because of the whole hair outfit thing.  Pigtails are an odd choice though.  Eh.

Yes, that was the first thing I was stuck mulling over compared to the rest of the 4-year long awaited trailer with all the cool action scenes and the kaiju and whatnot.  No, I'm not a real Bayonetta fan.

3D open world Kirby has been a LONG time coming.  Never thought they'd actually do it though since Kirby fell into a second to third-tier Nintendo series in popularity and the devs ever since the Gamecube couldn't agree with how to do it.  So just from a long-time fan it's real good to see happening at all.  Though I do see some of that 2D to 3D transition issue they've brought up prior.  Seemingly manual targeting where you're spitting enemies and the neutered flying Kirby's known for.  Ah well.  I will still likely get this one just because they finally made the jump if nothing else.

Also I did not play Astral Chain, been interested but not a top priority.  But that mascot dog is from that other Platinum series, yeah?  Was I unaware the two share a universe?  Because that was also something that I was unsure with the whole gameplay trailer.  The locals didn't exactly ring Bayonetta setting to me.  Granted I only played half the first game but this trailer gave a lot of odd focus on Japan's military.
Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:29:04 am by Long John Killer
#5138  September 24, 2021, 02:48:58 am
    • Brazil
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the new Bayonetta look yet or not.  Going to let it stew for a bit.  I always like the first game's look because the long hair made a lot more damn design sense because of the whole hair outfit thing.  Pigtails are an odd choice though.  Eh.
Its a reference:

#5139  September 24, 2021, 02:58:29 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Funny enough I forgot about Cereza, seeing up to the point Bayonetta in the present day was treating her like trash was the point where I gave up on the first game and wondered why people even like this character.

I do some day have to replay the first in full with a fresh mindset then play the sequel I've had for years now.  First time just left a bad taste in my mouth.  She's like Dante to foes but also if he was an actual prude to regular people.  I always assumed she got better as it went but meh, never cared enough to try again.

But yeah, I guess that makes some sense.  That along with the leggings, frilled skit and puffy shoulders, I guess the dress motif this time around is gothic lolita.
#5140  September 24, 2021, 05:06:15 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
In what way is Bayonetta, the tall buxom lady who's constantly acting and dressing provocatively and whose clothing is made out of her hair and also her powers use her hair too and thus if she uses her powers too much her clothes start to disappear, a prude?