YesNoOk

Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1) (Read 536989 times)

Started by extravagant, April 22, 2021, 01:23:15 am
Share this topic:
Blazblue Cross Team Battle Tournament (Season 1)
#1  April 22, 2021, 01:23:15 am
    • USA

Build resume:
Blazblue Cross Team Battle is a OHMSBY style build with a +80 chars roster, there’s some modifications for a better balance and this is only played in ratio mode.

Tourney information:
Challonge link:
https://challonge.com/2u3kzu4u

To join the tourney, register in the challonge and add Xanxus75#0172 on Discord (to join the server)

There’s a $50 bounty on Yui’s head (whoever eliminate yui from the tournament get the money)

Join the fight!
Discord: DM for invite link or reply to this thread if you're interested to join
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGAw02U2bQoMQQPDE52QdSg

The tournament is Saturday, and the replay files after being collected will be streamed on Sunday. It'll be fun. Come dance with us.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:17:56 am by extravagant
Re: Online IKEMEN GO Tournament coming up!
#2  April 22, 2021, 05:00:34 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Have people tried to sneak AI into your tournaments or something?
#3  April 22, 2021, 08:40:48 am
    • USA
Have people tried to sneak AI into your tournaments or something?

Lol no it's just a joke.... would be funny if that actually happened though. I think there was some old WinMugen type creations that had the AI take over though, for like Kamijou or Kumagawa or something. That's been fixed. IKEMEN GO handles the rest pretty well.
#4  April 22, 2021, 09:13:18 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
What mode is the is tournament under singles, turns, etc.
#5  April 22, 2021, 10:40:23 am
    • USA
First tournament was singles. This tournament will be Ratio match. I hated singles!
#6  April 22, 2021, 10:39:40 pm
  • SNK is life
Show a screenshot of the available roster :beam:

What KOF characters are you using?
#7  April 22, 2021, 11:09:28 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
#8  April 22, 2021, 11:11:34 pm
  • SNK is life
I guess you gotta use some broken dudes to be able to compete against a mugen roster :sweatdrop:
#9  April 22, 2021, 11:19:27 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I guess you gotta use some broken dudes to be able to compete against a mugen roster :sweatdrop:

True, I tend to enjoy playing with a KOFM character once in awhile. Though there are some decent choices on that roster they have set up, though I did find quite a bit of characters with infinites on the roster... at the same time some of those are older versions as well.
#10  April 23, 2021, 05:11:30 am
    • USA
The KOFM chars? Oh yeah I dont use that, but one of our contestants is. What's the reputation of KOFM again?
#11  April 23, 2021, 05:43:17 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
The KOFM chars? Oh yeah I dont use that, but one of our contestants is. What's the reputation of KOFM again?

Mainly that they are a more flashier form of KOF with a ton of supers and long combos usually more simplified than regular KOF. For instance cancels only require you to have enough super unlike in KOF XI where they require their own special meter to do them. They can be enjoyable though it's mainly for how long said combo can go on for lol.
#12  April 23, 2021, 06:58:41 am
    • USA
We just recently added a bunch of chars, and meant to rebalance things but without changing them completely. For example, the HDBZ chars were just given bigger hurtboxes because they were too hard to hit, in combination with their extremely fast velocity air dashes, it was impossible for any grounded chars to at the very last trade, block, or punish. OHMSBY's chars were slightly rebalanced by having less HP regeneration, and throw is now normal start up time instead of 1 frame, and also hitboxes were adjusted so they're hittable. The KOFM chars were requested by one of our new members and he was very adamant about adding them after we try to somehow fix and balance them for him to use.

Everything in UMT right now is one big WIP so it's hard to check everything. But we're working on it. Some chars with infinites are certainly banned. Although we're just a tournament meant for just fighting for fun right now. I dont think it's possible to have a super serious type thing going on quite yet, at least not yet. But we're working on it.
#13  April 23, 2021, 07:12:39 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Why not run a tournament with a more standardized gameplay system? Even with rebalancing efforts, it doesn't exactly seem competitive to have completely different gameplay systems in one tournament
#14  April 23, 2021, 07:56:02 am
    • USA
Why not run a tournament with a more standardized gameplay system? Even with rebalancing efforts, it doesn't exactly seem competitive to have completely different gameplay systems in one tournament

Yeah I know what you mean. Our CvS2 vs POTS game is way more balanced in comparison, despite being slightly mixed, it's still much closer to home and has foundational similarities. So we have a different crowd for that. Although it's still fun for me to personally fight some BBTag, GGXX, Z2, it's fun for me but I can imagine how the high stakes wouldn't be fun for someone else.

At this point if we shut the doors on open rosters a lot of our players would simply just disappear. Simply because people have their preferred styles and characters that they are attached to, and we already have a "rising" number of human players appearing for this style.

The most important thing though is we still have fun despite the high stakes and stark contrasts. And because it is mostly fun, it's what somehow created a small niche community of consistent fighters everyday just duking it out and having a good time.
#15  May 10, 2021, 12:54:06 am
    • USA
Another UMT Tournament coming up! June 12th or June 19th. Still deciding. Please consider joining! Would love to have you join and have some fun with us.

--old----
Tune into our stream of the recent tournament. It's Sunday night, it's a good night, let's have a good time and watch some good old fights. Some epic matches are ahead.

https://youtu.be/fP7ydjpQQv0
Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 10:50:47 am by extravagant
Re: June 19th, UMT Tournament. Tune in!
#16  June 12, 2021, 10:11:52 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
I may enter this tournament and exercise my RIKUDO OSATSU
HIDDEN BOSS
Re: June 19th, UMT Tournament. Tune in!
#17  June 20, 2021, 08:33:43 pm
    • USA
Last night's tournament was a blast!!! Holy shit. Despite the stress and hectic shit that happened all in Round 1, we managed to put up an even better tournament than previous. Unfortunately, my dumbass forgot to add the replay fix by K4thos, so we are missing some matches. They are for the most part, very good. We have diverse selection of fighters, so it's good to see everyone going at it.

Tune into the stream tonight at 6:30 (Pacific Time, West Coast USA) PM for the broadcast of last night's epic tournament!
Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:55:18 am by extravagant
Re: UMT Tourney #3 Just finished last night. Tune in tonight 6:30 Pacific livestream
#18  June 20, 2021, 09:02:20 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I'd suggest putting a YT channel link. Newcomers won't know what UMT stand for since you removed the Logo from the first post.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney Streaming Tomorrow!
#19  August 15, 2021, 09:23:47 am
    • USA
Hello! We are so excited to share our first CvS2 vs POTS tourney stream tomorrow. We just finished recording and completing the bracket.

Tune in tomorrow for some unique surprises. It's our first tournament ever, so there's still much work to be done. Everything is a huge WIP. But we're doing our best. Tune in tomorrow! Stream time TBA
Re: CvS2 vs POTS Tournament 1st Tourney Streaming Tomorrow!
#20  August 15, 2021, 02:18:58 pm
Make sure you keep it as a VID so people from other time zones can watch it too.