YesNoOk

Your dream MUGEN characters! (Read 102016 times)

Started by Ziltoid, October 03, 2020, 10:40:34 am
Share this topic:
Your dream MUGEN characters!
#1  October 03, 2020, 10:40:34 am
  • Indeed
This thread is blatantly inspired by the interesting discussions prompted by KarmaChameleon’s Wip thread, but since the thread itself  is now a poll, I though we may want to continue the discussion elsewhere and in a broader scope. I enjoyed a lot reading everyone’s suggestions, I hope this may prompt some neat ideas too. So yeah, what are the characters you’d like to see in mugen someday? Any style, shape or form is accepted, this thread is just for fun!

A suggestion: don’t just type names and leave it as that. Try to be as detailed as possible, possibly including the reason why you want that character and how you’d want it. It makes the discussion more fun and interesting. Pretend you’re talking to a content creator that offered to make your character: who knows, maybe someone will read your idea and actually make it...

I’ll give you some examples. I may add more if this thread gains momentum.

One idea I had in the aforementioned thread was a (POTS) version of Nakoruru with both a “normal/slash” version and an “evil/alternate/bust” version. The normal one would be the Nakoruru we all know and love, accompanied by Mamahaha. The alternate version would be inspired by her alternate form in SSIII (the one that became her own separate character in the form of Rera, later) and have her pet wolf instead. The problem with this idea is the fact that sprites for CvS Nakoruru mounting the wolf would have to be made, but I don’t think it’s unfeasible.

Another dream character of mine is a boss version of Orochi in POTS style. I love the lore of the first saga and I love the sense of dread and anticipation that builds up in all the games until the fateful encounter in ‘97 (even if the fight itself was kinda lame). And I love how Orochi looks and moves. I’d like to see a boss form of him made in this style, with his classic moves and maybe something new up his sleeve.

Lastly, I’d like to see some more SFIII era characters made in proper POTS style. If I had to pick one, I’d pick Oro: dude is crazy fun to play, and I like his freakish style. Maybe now that he’s in the spotlight again with his inclusion in SFV someone will make him. Others I’d like to see POTSized properly are Necro, Dudley and Elena.

What are your ideas?
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 11:10:47 am by Ziltoid
Re: Your dream MUGEN characters!
#2  October 03, 2020, 10:50:33 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I'm not sure if I can be of much interest here due to my disinterest in POTS characters. :P

But I suppose, I really want a good MVC version of X-23 for this engine. I just love when people come together to take 3D characters and sprite them out for 2D use in MUGEN. It's always amazed me how godly some of them can look and I really want to see X-23 given the justice she deserves.

I've got nothing technical really... I suppose I just want fun characters. :P

Hmm... I suppose I'd really love a version of Dan Hibiki that's competent yet retaining his joke-like nature. Something to at least make him viable but in a non-serious way. For example... give his fireballs good range but make them bounce like Mario fireballs. XP

Forgive me if I'm doing this wrong haha.
#3  October 03, 2020, 10:55:57 am
  • Indeed
You’re doing it perfectly right! And no, this is not for POTS only, I listed characters in this style because that’s what I like, but anyone can list anything!

And I like your idea of a “joke but competent” Dan Hibiki. In my own useless opinion, a joke character should be a joke in looks and style, not in playability. Your idea of bouncing fireballs is a good example of something that can be goofy but deceivingly effective.
#4  October 03, 2020, 11:28:43 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
For now I wish we could get a Pots style Spidey and Hulk with AI.
#5  October 03, 2020, 11:30:31 am
    • USA
You’re doing it perfectly right! And no, this is not for POTS only, I listed characters in this style because that’s what I like, but anyone can list anything!

And I like your idea of a “joke but competent” Dan Hibiki. In my own useless opinion, a joke character should be a joke in looks and style, not in playability. Your idea of bouncing fireballs is a good example of something that can be goofy but deceivingly effective.

Not gonna lie I'm probably gonna attempt to make a jokingly competent Dan. Simply because, well, is Dan. XP

I'd have more luck sharing my idea that I wanna make, not just what I wanna see. I've got a bitchin' Thanos concept I wanna make/see. But it's weirdly specific?
#6  October 03, 2020, 12:45:13 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I would like to see mostly POTS characters... (because I like the idea to put many characters from Capcom + SNK into a same system game)

-Cammy (Delta red - with the old school boots) and proprer CVS sprites. (perhaps inculding some moves from SFV)
-Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan, they could make a great 3 player team with their Dad.
-Blaze Fielding with her new moves (and hopefully design) from SOR4 (and finally giving her a normal walk and her german suplex)
-Tifa with her Ehergeiz fighting style. and actual CVS sprites.
-Oro and Necro from SF3 would be so fun to play !
-Kisarah Westfield (NGBC) - I would like to edit her into a custom version based on both NGBC and AODK. (but I'm not good to accuracy)
-Gai Tendo (Buriki One) - I think he would be a very badass character and would play very well compared to Buriki One standards.

I don't think I have more precise reasons, it's just that I like these characters and they need a pots coversion imo

EDIT : also Kof Angel (into POTS). Even if I'm pretty sure everybody is scared as f*ck to even try to code her... And I can understand it...
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:13:55 pm by Nedflandeurse
#7  October 03, 2020, 01:45:03 pm
  • Indeed
For now I wish we could get a Pots style Spidey and Hulk with AI.

Seems to me that marvel characters are almost exclusively made in MvC style, for obvious reasons.

Not gonna lie I'm probably gonna attempt to make a jokingly competent Dan. Simply because, well, is Dan. XP

I'd have more luck sharing my idea that I wanna make, not just what I wanna see. I've got a bitchin' Thanos concept I wanna make/see. But it's weirdly specific?

If you released such a version of Dan in your releases, I wouldn't be surprised at all (considering your avatar). You know, you can be one of the content creators that can use this thread for suggestions, actually! Anyway, I'm curious about your bitching Thanos.

I would like to see mostly POTS characters... (because I like the idea to put many characters from Capcom + SNK into a same system game)

-Cammy (Delta red - with the old school boots) and proprer CVS sprites. (perhaps inculding some moves from SFV)
-Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan, they could make a great 3 player team with their Dad.
-Blaze Fielding with her new moves (and hopefully design) from SOR4 (and finally giving her a normal walk and her german suplex)
-Tifa with her Ehergeiz fighting style. and actual CVS sprites.
-Oro and Necro from SF3 would be so fun to play !
-Kisarah Westfield (NGBC) - I would like to edit her into a custom version based on both NGBC and AODK. (but I'm not good to accuracy)
-Gai Tendo (Buriki One) - I think he would be a very badass character and would play very well compared to Buriki One standards.

I don't think I have more precise reasons, it's just that I like these characters and they need a pots coversion imo

Nice suggestions, there are a lot I'd also want! Especially Cammy, she desperately needs a good Delta Red version (I dug in the codes of Chuchoryu's version and...my fucking god, what a mess).

Tifa is an interesting choice, I saw a Mugen version of her a while ago, I don't remember if she was POTS or something else, but the author put more effort on her boobs than on the rest. I think Blaze may be a nice reference for a complete remake of Tifa's sprites.

#8  October 03, 2020, 02:34:39 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India

Seems to me that marvel characters are almost exclusively made in MvC style, for obvious reasons.

Infinite makes some stellar Marvel characters in his style which is derivative of pots which would also work well.
#9  October 03, 2020, 03:12:05 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Sailormoon characters done in Melty Blood style (4 button layout) with KOF2000 striker system and the tag system of both MvsSF, aerial combo tag of MVC3/TVC and KOFXI. Has a an extra tag/striker meter for cooldown and usage to limit assist spamming and needless tagging. Or maybe Arcana Heart 2 style. I'm thinking may be using Digimons or Pokemons in place of the elemental Arcanas.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#10  October 03, 2020, 03:34:01 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Ideas, you say..

I've always wanted to take the characters from Time Killers and BloodStorm and make them into MK styled characters. This would mean eliminating the limb removal system that these games are known for, but these games were (for the most part) clones of MK. Hell, BloodStorm was pretty damn blatant about being an MK killer.

For example, each character would have a Fatality. Hellhound has one in BloodStorm called 'Char Dog'. In the game, it's pretty uninspiring finisher.

Here, it would be a Dragon Bite styled Fatality. I would use the sprites from 3rd form Abyss (MvC2 Abyss, of course) and use that as the base for this move.

Other ideas include...

-Tempest: Exorcism would change into a head explosion. Maybe take a page from Ghost Rider's Penace Stare?
-Tremor: Despite an actual MK character with the same name, his finisher would take a page from Jax's Fatality from Deadly Alliance, except I would use his Gauntlet instead of the feet
-Freon: Bloody Slushy would be more of a 'slice and dice' way to finish the move.
#11  October 03, 2020, 03:43:41 pm
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
Maybe a good MvC Styled X based on his MvC Infinite gameplay, using Daniel M. Cozer's X sprite as an initial design and the rest of the animations remade by NDSilva or some [Insert Active Author here] based on the Megaman X's Playstation Trilogy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaand a Vampire Saviour styled Dante (From Devil May Cry Series, obviously) based on his Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Infinite gameplay, using either Riey/Reluu's or Steamboy33's sprite as an initial design and the rest of his animations made by MotorRoach and someone else (Because GladiaCloud will retire after completing Beast)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iori Yagami and Nao made by LunaTuna just like how he/she did Shermie and Isabeau (D, B, D, B, Start for Orochi Iori/Unknown)

SailorMaRs1030's edit of Mouser's K' (<- With his Hyper Heat Drive Sprited by ALTHedge)

POTS-fied K' with sprites made by DGO and coding by either KarmaChameleon or DivineWolf

Roy and Chrom by Insert Author Here using their sprites made by RMVGames

Homina Homina Homina
Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:54:12 pm by Yagoshi300
#12  October 03, 2020, 04:04:57 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
im not touching fire emblem with a 10 foot pole lol

To actually contribute to the conversation, my dream characters are CvS/POTS conversions of Maximum Impact originals (Mignon Beart, Nagase, Chae Lim, etc.). And Linus. Just CvS Linus. I really don't have many "dream characters" because when I think of a character I want for MUGEN, I usually try to plan doing it myself.
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:17:03 pm by Dawn de Era
#13  October 03, 2020, 04:45:27 pm
    • USA
I would love to see a CVS/POTS style Rimururu with her animations and outfit from Samurai Shodown 64 and also CVS/POTS style Sie Kensou with his KOF XI Costume and KOF XIII Animations
#14  October 03, 2020, 06:12:42 pm
  • Indeed
Since this thread is taking hold, I'll throw in some more characters in my wishlist.

First of all, this Eric Draven coded in any style (possibly POTS, of course). I'm a fan of The Crow and Brandon Lee since ever, and I'd give a kidney to see him in playable form. Sadly, no one tried to code these beautiful sprites.

Some even more outlandish dream characters are Raziel and Kain from the Legacy of Kain series. Outlandish because no one even ever tried making some sprites of 'em. I'd love to see 'em in CvS form (or a CvS/DarkStalkers hybrid style like Jmorphman's Demitri), with a playstyle revolved around their weapons of choice and their powers. In the case of Raziel, I can see him shifting in the spiritual plane as a form of teleportation, and changing the elemental properties of the Soul Reaver. Kain has a bunch of vampirish powers that can easily become some special/super moves (morphs, spells and so forth).

I've always wanted to take the characters from Time Killers and BloodStorm and make them into MK styled characters.

You mean in the style of Mortal Kombat Project?

Aaaand a Vampire Saviour styled Dante (From Devil May Cry Series, obviously) based on his Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Infinite gameplay, using either Riey/Reluu's or Steamboy33's sprite as an initial design and the rest of his animations made by MotorRoach and someone else (Because GladiaCloud will retire after completing Beast)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

This is probably my favourite of the ideas I've read so far. DarkStalkers's style would fit Dante sooooo well, and those sprites are really well done! One of my "dream games" is a full DarkStalkers game with a full roster of characters in the style of Jmorphman's Demitri, plus some carefully chosen guests from other Capcom games that fit the style. Like Dante, Red Earth characters, Ruby Heart and Amingo.

and also CVS/POTS style Sie Kensou with his KOF XI Costume and KOF XIII Animations

I think '98 Kensou fits better the CvS looks. But yeah, we need a decent Kensou.

#15  October 03, 2020, 06:18:59 pm
    • USA
In regards to my 'bitchin' Thanos' idea, it's not a Thanos that bitches. XD

I've had an idea for two versions of Thanos I plan to make at some point. Collector Thanos, and Selector Thanos. In short, Collector Thanos starts out with no Infinity Stones, and has to collect them by doing combos, which increases the number of hypers he can use. Collect all of them and your hypers are powered up, and you can use The Snap. Still workshopping it, but hey.

Selector Thanos has all the stones, but can only use one at a time. The stone can be freely changed throughout battle by pressing a certain attack button plus taunt at the same time, or you can start with your preferred stone based on the palette of your choice. And, Thanos' moveset changes to reflect the stone currently in use.

... probably too complicated but I like complicated characters.
#16  October 03, 2020, 06:24:11 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
You're in the ballpark, Ziltoid. The MK Project (especially 4.1) would be perfect place for these characters.

But, I was thinking more along the lines of what OMEGAPSYCHO did before he abruptly quit. These characters play much like their in game counterparts, but have original finishers. Hell, he made an M. Bison with sprites from the Movie game and made it work well.

THAT is what I'm aiming for with these characters - MK styled game play with original finishers that are better suited for MUGEN itself.
#17  October 03, 2020, 06:41:10 pm
  • Indeed
Selector Thanos has all the stones, but can only use one at a time. The stone can be freely changed throughout battle by pressing a certain attack button plus taunt at the same time, or you can start with your preferred stone based on the palette of your choice. And, Thanos' moveset changes to reflect the stone currently in use.

I like this idea better. The Collector version sounds cool on paper, but this archetype starts "weak" and may end up being a bit frustrating to use if you can't turn the tide of a match because you can't get the stones. The Selector version can be a powerhouse of mind tricks.

Plus, this idea sounds a lot like what I had in mind when I wrote about Raziel literally while you were typing, so we're on the same page! I imagine Raziel switching from element to element (and changing moves and properties) in the exact same way.

But, I was thinking more along the lines of what OMEGAPSYCHO did before he abruptly quit. These characters play much like their in game counterparts, but have original finishers. Hell, he made an M. Bison with sprites from the Movie game and made it work well.

Got it. I'm not familiar much with OMEGAPSYCHO's characters because I don't usually like to mesh MK and normal mugen, but I see what you mean. Not gonna lie, seems a very cool idea for a MK/BloodStorm/TimeKiller crossover game with those characters as a basis.
#18  October 03, 2020, 07:12:54 pm
i always liked the killer instinct games and wondered why no one yet made KI styled characters. so if i was to make dream characters i would probably code them in a KI style with fatalities from mortal kombat thrown in, although i want them to be supermoves that the player can do when his opponent health reach a very low point.
dream roaster:
leon kennedy: i remember there was a kof styled leon kennedy, i loved him even though i wasn't a fan of his gameplay style. i would love to redo him in KI style.
jill valantine.
mr x from re2, using sean alty's version.
dante, vergil and lady from dmc.
kenji from red earth.
zombie ryu: he would like evil ryu but more twitchy and zombie like...
cody from final fight, but more violent. maybe make the knife a permanent weapon in his hand.
jotaru, vanila ice, dio and kakoyine from jojo's venture.
the bald guy from hitman.
rex colt from far cry blood dragon
raiden from metal gear revengeance
kenshiru from fist of the north star: using his arcsys sprites of course.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#19  October 03, 2020, 07:43:57 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
A Shion, Jimmy Lee from ROTD and Ukyo from SS3 in both fighting styles with a R@CE AKIRA treatment.
#20  October 03, 2020, 07:56:49 pm
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300

Homina Homina Homina