YesNoOk

Your dream MUGEN characters! (Read 102021 times)

Started by Ziltoid, October 03, 2020, 10:40:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: Your dream MUGEN characters!
#21  October 03, 2020, 08:09:30 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
But, I was thinking more along the lines of what OMEGAPSYCHO did before he abruptly quit.

I went to his site the other day and his front page has screenshots of new characters with the header "2021?"

He might be back at some point.
#22  October 03, 2020, 08:20:25 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Late but:
Roy and Chrom by Nep Heart or Dawn De Era (edited out lel)
im not touching fire emblem with a 10 foot pole lol
R.I.P. my hopes and dreams
This alone made my day lmao

Anyways uhhh I made a wishlist using that one image template so I'll just link it here.
Spoiler: Wishlist (click to see content)
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:49:16 pm by Joey S.
#23  October 03, 2020, 09:31:02 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I went to his site the other day and his front page has screenshots of new characters with the header "2021?"

He might be back at some point.

That's awesome. I like his work.

Anyhow... the reason behind the Time Killers or BloodStorm characters being based more in OmegaPsycho's style is that the characters in both games are animated sprites and they would really clash with the digitized sprites of the MK characters in MK Project.

But: There is another idea that would work perfectly with MK Project - characters from Blood Warrior and Survival Arts. Imagine a goofy ass character like the Kappa from Blood Warrior with an MK style game play in MK Project?
#24  October 03, 2020, 10:20:12 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Roy and Chrom by Nep Heart using their sprites made by RMVGames

Lol, I'm not really interested in Fire Emblem, but even then, RMVGames' sprites aren't good either.

With that said, definitely more decent Neptunia characters, which I would love to make if there were more good resources to work with.

A decently sprited Kyoko Sakura as well since the pre-existing ones are kinda eh and I do want to eventually make the entire Puella Magi Quintet at the very least.

A good Nitori, which RicePigeon is getting to anyway. Now for a decent Kyoko Kasodani...

More Pokemon that are decent as opposed to the tradition of them being abysmally awful.

More decent SEGA characters.
#25  October 03, 2020, 10:29:59 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Oh boy, where do I even start. I can go at anyway and say Gingerbrave or Peppermint Cookie (my avatar, kinda) from cookie run, but heres a couple of simple (or meh If you prefer) choices I like to see.

1. Mr. Game & Watch

Of course, kamek (or NeoKamek) made him, but only his melee/brawl counterpart, and its... fair, but nowadays I bet it be nice for a simple upgrade now that his Ultimate (not wii u/3ds) version has some potential with his *interesting* details.

2. Kung fu mans Girlfriend

lazy choice, but come on man, its  2020 and it has been far too long for poor ol kfm to be lonely all the time without his love.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#26  October 04, 2020, 02:42:38 am
    • USA
Fully-updated versions of POTS's characters, with Jmorphman's Explodsive buffering system, SmartPal, updated velocities and frame advantage, the works. Also, updates to some other old tried-and-true standards up to the standard of greatness with better frame advantage and control. Such as Haruhi and Homer. Both pretty big in their day, but now? They've been long outclassed, so why don't we make what's old new again?

Also:
* Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
* A GOOD Jenny Wakeman
* Earthworm Jim in Darkstalkers style
* Catra (either her original or modern version is fine). He-Man and Skeletor both exist, so when will She-Ra get her nemesis? There's plenty of move ideas for her, like Black Orchid's jaguar attack.
* A Beast Wars full-game, SNES style. 1 Super Move, 4 buttons. Sorta like Endless Duel or MMPR Fighting Edition.
* Monika as a proper fighter instead of a large boss
* A normal-sized Shantae (Dampir might be able to pull it off.), so she can face off with other characters with impunity, and especially against MugenHunter's Sonic.
Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:06:48 pm by Miru962
#27  October 04, 2020, 04:08:20 am
    • USA
I'd like to see more of the Smash Bros. characters have MUGEN versions (besides Fire Emblem).

But I'd probably like to Meta Knight in OHMSBY's BBTAG style for example. His Kirby and Samus both are fun to use.

I'd also like to see certain UNIB fighters in that style, such as Hyde and Linne.
#28  October 04, 2020, 05:31:56 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Well, obviously the rest of the main CPUs from Neptunia in MUGEN form. Shimmering Brony may be able to pull it off.
#29  October 04, 2020, 06:58:13 am
    • USA
All I want are the following:

Esdeath (Akame ga Kill)
Tyris Flare (Golden Axe)
Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere)
Solange (Code of Princess/Blade Strangers)
Overwatch characters (I'd rather have Tracer and Widowmaker)
Ike (Fire Emblem)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Terra Branford (FFVI)
Bayonetta
A POTS/Infinite Squall Leonhart (I don't like the OG made by SeanAltly cause 4-button layouts aren't my thing)
A POTS/Infinite Tifa Lockhart (I tried to make my own but then I ragequit after getting frustrated with coding and shit)
KOS-MOS (In her Version 4 armor, with actual CVS or Hi-Res sprites)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts with CVS or Hi-Res sprites. Literally every Sora in MUGEN I can think of is fucking wack ass COM/JUS styled >.<)

As for unreleased WIPS at the moment:

Shantae by OHMSBY
Amazon (Dragon's Crown, by Violin Ken)
POTS/Infinite Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello by R@CE AKIR@
Orie by Kohaku
#30  October 04, 2020, 08:15:56 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Good conversions of SNK/KoF chars in MvC style
Good quality DC comics chars
All the cast from Chaos Code

Yep, that's all
#31  October 04, 2020, 09:47:43 am
  • Indeed
As I hoped, this prompted a lot of interesting stuff! Lemme address some of these...

i always liked the killer instinct games and wondered why no one yet made KI styled characters. so if i was to make dream characters i would probably code them in a KI style with fatalities from mortal kombat thrown in, although i want them to be supermoves that the player can do when his opponent health reach a very low point.

I think it's because Killer Instinct's gameplay is so distinct and unique that it's hard to replicate in mugen. The best I've seen is some conversion into the MKP system, but they pale in comparison to the originals.

zombie ryu: he would like evil ryu but more twitchy and zombie like...

Ok this is something I didn't know I wanted until now.

Tony Hawk. Because why not? I might make him as an April Fools' char using his GBC sprites.

This is what I thought when I've read your suggestion.

Chae Lim, and a good one at that. Chuchoryu's is a firm no, and I saw a half-decent KOF style one but the creator is holding it hostage until they get X amount of subscribers.

You mean this, right? I normally do not care about the KOF:MI characters (too wacky for my tastes, even by KoF standards), but Chae Lim is someone I'd like to see POTSized someday. These sprites look like they can be adapted to the CvS graphic style fairly easily. And yeah, 100x better than anything Chuchoryu ever made.

But: There is another idea that would work perfectly with MK Project - characters from Blood Warrior and Survival Arts. Imagine a goofy ass character like the Kappa from Blood Warrior with an MK style game play in MK Project?

Man, I never heard of Blood Warriors and I checked some gameplay videos and, oh boy... I stumbled upon a comment that described my feelings towards that game better than I could ever do: "This is like Mortal Kombat and Samurai Shodown married and had a brain damaged baby".

2. Kung fu mans Girlfriend

lazy choice, but come on man, its  2020 and it has been far too long for poor ol kfm to be lonely all the time without his love.

I always thought Kung Fu Girl was his girlfriend...

Fully-updated versions of POTS's characters, with Jmorphman's Explodsive buffering system, SmartPal, updated velocities and frame advantage, the works.

You and me both, buddy. This pretty much sums up my mugen wet dreams. I'd love to see someday all the POTS characters we currently have around (or at least, the main ones) standardized and updated to Jmorphman's standards. That's pretty much the reason I started my Ryu project (which I'll finish someday), so I could learn to do this myself.
#32  October 04, 2020, 10:22:52 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#33  October 04, 2020, 10:47:44 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Mugen needs more Tekken chars.
I hope that someone will make a good Heihachi for Mugen one day. Those latest sprites by Chuchoryu/Lessard are... well... not terrible.
They look kinda fine in game. Or maybe I just want Heihachi so hard that I don't care much about the sprites :) It would be perfect, if he had Byakko's gameplay implemented.

Also, I always wanted to see POTS styled Pepe Rodriguez from ROTD. Although the lack of required sprites could be an obstacle here.

Oh, yeah... and POTS DeeJay - Jzilla's DeeJay is great, but I need a good one in POTS style.

#34  October 04, 2020, 11:17:02 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Man, just these two guys in a CvS-esque size,

• Megaman X
• Dr. Eggman (Adventure design)

...in any style with 4 buttons, is all it takes to actually make me happy for life. :joy:
#35  October 04, 2020, 11:36:38 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
More Pokemon that are decent as opposed to the tradition of them being abysmally awful.

"More" implies some already exist. This. Don't really care what style they are as long as they're fun and not busted, though my preference will always be three-button with chains.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#36  October 04, 2020, 10:14:38 pm
  • Indeed
I have another dream character to throw at ya: CvS/POTS Demitri.

Now you'll probably thinking: "are you stupid? Demitri has already been made in this style and he is probably the better DarkStalkers character ever made! You dumb idiot."

But hear me out... CvS Demitri, but with the SNK vs Capcom sprites recolored/repaletted to match the graphic style of CvS (to understand what I mean, have a look at the same thing done to SvC Balrog). Demitri is at his peak badassery in this game, and honestly I'm tired of seeing the same old DarkStalkers sprites that aged badly compared to the other Capcom ones. Morrigan and Lilith already got their new sprites, the Prince of the Night deserves it too.

Mugen needs more Tekken chars.
I hope that someone will make a good Heihachi for Mugen one day. Those latest sprites by Chuchoryu/Lessard are... well... not terrible.

Agreed. Unfortunately, Chuchoryu is the only one making sprites for Tekken characters (with the exception of Jin and Kazuya), and I already expressed what I think about his stuff. A good Heihachi would be very welcome. If I had to pick some more, I'd say Paul, Hwoarang, Nina and maybe Yoshimitsu. All of them possibly with their T3 looks.
Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:18:53 pm by Ziltoid
New #37  October 04, 2020, 10:23:23 pm
    • USA
Also, I always wanted to see POTS styled Pepe Rodriguez from ROTD. Although the lack of required sprites could be an obstacle here.
Didn't stop Koldskool from making a POTS-ish Jimmy from Roy2005 version.
POTS/Nightmare Bee style Wishlist
Better Guy (Final Fight/Street Fighter) (Current takes are edits of POTS' pre-22 version)
Alex (Street Fighter 3) (Current takes are edits of Seanaltly's CvTW take)
Better Aensland Sisters with CSed CPS2 sprites (DW's Takes are fine but they use Li-kun sprites's which did not aged well)
Leona with Neo Geo Sprites (Infinite's ver was just the XIII ver) (Orochi Leona/Riot Mode a plus)
Gato and Hotaru Futaba
K' with Neo Geo/XI Sprities (Being work on by Karma)
Galford
Amakusa
Mizuki
Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 04:06:51 pm by SwordmasterZack
#38  October 04, 2020, 11:45:59 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
#39  October 05, 2020, 12:29:54 am
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
My dream MUGEN Chars Part II: Soy Sauce Boogaloo

Soy Sauce Wishlist:

King (The Art of Fighting/The King Of Fighters one, not the Tekken one)
Yuri Sakazaki
Mai Shiranui
Chun-Li
Sakura Kasugano(Sprites made by either DarkGirl or Mast-Chen)
Rock Howard
Wolfgang Krauser
Balrog(Claw)
M.Bison(Boxer)
Iori Yagami
Kyo Kusanagi (Orochi Saga Outfit)
Evil Ryu

Ikaruga Wishlist:

KOF'98 styled K'

LunaTuna Wishlist 2:

Orochi (Using Mizuchi's sprites from Neo Geo Battle Colliseum and some KOF98UM and KOF All-Star Moves. Just look at TearSnow's YT videos for reference)
King (The Art of Fighting/The King Of Fighters one, not the Tekken one)

KoopaKoot Wishlist:

Seth (from KOF2000, obviously)
Ramon
Heavy D

IronMugen Wishlist:

Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury 3 sprites, same gameplay as his AOF2 Ryo)
Robert Garcia (Art of Fighting 2 sprites, same gameplay as his AOF2 Ryo)

Vans Wishlist:

Lin
Clone Zero
Zero (from KOF2001, okay?)
Igniz

Homina Homina Homina
#40  October 05, 2020, 09:56:13 am

zombie ryu: he would like evil ryu but more twitchy and zombie like...

Ok this is something I didn't know I wanted until now.

he would be the coolest and scariest thing ever, his gait would be unnatural and twitchy, instead of shinku hadoken i want him to have the zombie vomit from metal slug:

i want him to have a fatality where he and a bunch of other zombifed SF characters gang up on the opponent and start eating him and shit. the stuff of nightmares...
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞