YesNoOk

Your dream MUGEN characters! (Read 101983 times)

Started by Ziltoid, October 03, 2020, 10:40:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: Your dream MUGEN characters!
#61  October 07, 2020, 11:23:48 pm
  • Indeed
5- Many, Many Disney characters (Excluding Kingdom hearts): Guilty pleasure besides, It's always a delight when one is made with original sprites respecting the style of it's source and having great gameplay matching the personalities and habilities/powers of the characters, not to mention, the huge potential of having a disney fighting game that will probably never happen. Right now looking for a neat Donald duck, Goofy, Genie, Stitch, and hobo cookie (from the cookie carnival).

This is honestly a veeeeery good idea for a full project! I can think of a lot of characters that can make decent mugen fighters...
#62  October 16, 2020, 01:54:25 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
There're various in my personal list, some of them I could make them, but others are only made in my dreams (and doubt if anyone else would do it), however, here's my list:
-SFA Juri Han: One of the few in this that I could do it. As I did in the past with Eagle Zero, I want to see her in SFA style (because CVS/POTS is too overrated, no offense who like/make them, it's a personal opinion). Of course, the only sprites out there are Chuchoryu's, but I'd take the SFF and that's all, all from scratch
-Kung Fu Man 63 1/3: Yeah, a ClayFighter version of KFM, with the combo system, Insane Combos and Claytalities. I got it in plans but I made 0 until now. Another of his list I eventually could make it in a future... and if I could do it, a CF fullgame for MUGEN with my own lifebars and stuff
-More chars from Buriki One: Years before KOFXI, I made Gai Tendo to make him for MUGEN. But since there're only 3 made by SNK (Gai and Silber for KOFXI, Ryo/Mr. Karate II for NGBC), I want to see more chars fro his awesome game, no matter the sprite/gameplay style (KOF, CVS, etc). I'm tempted to edit Kim Kaphwan to make Seo Yongsong, and I like to see other chars like Rob Python, Takato Saionji and Patrick Van Heyting
-More anime chars: Apart of the typical anime franchises, there're a lot of great and classic chars not made even on sprites, like Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop), Shotaro Kaneda (AKIRA), Space Dandy, Eikichi Onizuka (GTO) and so others that could be a great adquisition to MUGEN, IMO

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#63  October 16, 2020, 02:59:09 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

I guess I'll get out the list of my own dream MUGEN characters (and who knows maybe some I'll make myself...once I stop being lazy that is):
Quan Chi from Gameboy Color Mortal Kombat 4: I mean if I would take some sprites and use it to make him than maybe it would be possible and I guess we needed some Gameboy MK reps around here (I know, lame reason).
Sett Ra from Shaq Fu: Surprised no one has made other Shaq Fu characters besides Shaq himself, Sett Ra is what I always thought was a cool mummy warrior type character and if I were to make him and add some custom stuff into him, I probably would do it and he'd be the most badass character around.
Characters from Metal Slug Advance: How come no one made the main characters and Allen Jr.? That's a big mystery cause it'll be great to have Allen Jr. team up with his dad, Allen O'Neal. I'm also curious to see how the bosses from said game would play out (besides playing like boss characters).

Don't think...obey
#64  October 16, 2020, 03:35:32 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
-Kung Fu Man 63 1/3: Yeah, a ClayFighter version of KFM, with the combo system, Insane Combos and Claytalities. I got it in plans but I made 0 until now. Another of his list I eventually could make it in a future... and if I could do it, a CF fullgame for MUGEN with my own lifebars and stuff

now imagine that with an actual kfm clay model. If you ever do that, I'd give ya infinite bearhugs to you!  :sweetheart:
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#65  October 18, 2020, 11:28:53 am
  • Indeed
It seems to me that Capcom is hinting towards some Arika crossover for the fifth character. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but hey, one can hope! Anyway, this speculation kinda rekindled my interest towards the SFEX/Fighting Layer characters.

In mugen, we already have an excellent CvS Skullomania by Seanaltly, and a fairly good Blair Dame. I'd like to see some other characters done with the same quality, in POTS style. Here's my tops:

Doctrine Dark - he was my main back in the days of SFEX alpha plus, and to this day I think is one of the coolest designs. There's not much to invent in terms of movesets: he has a Scorpion-esque spear move (Dark Wire), a knife-Shoryuken (Kill Wire) and his infamous Ex-Plosive. For Supers, I envision his Kill Trump, Dark Shackle and Ex-Prominence as Lv1/2, and Death Trap as a Lv3 (pretty much as in SFEX2).

Hokuto - here's a character that can easily have two alternate modes, her normal self and her Bloody Hokuto form. A possible difference between the two forms (other than basic move properties as with every evil alternate form) may be her Lv3 Super: Hokuto can have the Shirase Gatana (the naginata one) and her Bloody form can have the Kyoja Renbu (the combo that ends with her piercing the opponent with her bare hand).

Kairi - same as above, I can envision him as having two forms: a SFEX human form, and a SFEX2 corrupted form. In fact, I think the pre-corruption one can be the alternate one, since the corrupted version of him is the iconic one. The primary/corrupted version can be an Akuma-esque overpowered but fragile stereotype, and the alternate/human form can be a more standard and balanced version. I don't think I need to indulge in his moveset since he's basically a shotoclone, but I can see him using the normal Kyoja Renbu in his human form, and the Shun Goku Satsu Kyoja Renbu in the corrupted form, as well as the superpowered Shoki Hatsudo.
EDIT: I know there's a CvS Kairi around, but he's not even near the quality I'd want.

Cracker Jack - as long as it's the EX2 design, I don't particularly like his first design nor his Fighting EX Layer redesign. As with his game appearances, I can see him having some Balrog/Boxer moves as well as his bat. Grand Slam Crusher and Home Run King may be his Lv3s, but let's keep the latter a bit less flashy and scrap the planet-bouncing thing... Oh, and let's get rid of his giant hands as well.

Garuda - who doesn't want the bad samurai demon and TRUE boss of the EX series on Mugen? Street Fighter needs more variety on his bad guys, and Garuda fits a stereotype rarely seen. He's demonic, he has a unique-looking fighting style, he has blades sprouting out of everywhere, he's just begging for a reappearance.

...and now, for something completely different.

CvS Kung Fu Man - I stumbled upon the video below, and I realized I want THIS re-sprited, re-paletted and re-worked in POTS style. Kung Fu Man deserves his spot in every Mugen compilation, and deserves to be graphically on par with his more commercial counterparts. Look at the video yourselves, and tell me you wouldn't want him.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Sweet Tooth - I'm honestly surprised he didn't make any appearance in a fighting game. When he was speculated to be a guest in MKX, I was among the ones hoping for the rumor to be true.
As far as his moveset go, I can see him having some knife based normals, some wacky Joker-esque specials with items and explosives, and some supers involving his ice cream truck. In any case, he's pretty much begging to become a fighting game character. Hell, half of the roster of Twisted Metal can be a fighting game character.

I could see him as a guest in an horror/slasher based game. Something like Terrordrome, but in CvS/POTS style. In fact, let me throw at you my roster wishlist no one asked for:

...ok, I'm done nerding (for now).
Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:38:18 am by Ziltoid
#66  October 19, 2020, 01:54:45 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Sweet Tooth was in PASBR at least. There is a version of him in MUGEN by Varia31.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#67  October 19, 2020, 03:23:22 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
well, this is my turn of my wishes of characters that I would like to be in mugen.

Ryuko Matoi and Satsuki Kiryuin Reasons? Although, they have already made chars of the two main Kill la Kill waifus (Although with the already overrated POTS gameplay) I would like to see them with BBTAG gameplay (Basically in the style of OHMSBY) or something more like GGXX style.

Sasuke Uchiha I loved the Naruto that Bagilu made, so much so that I would like to see a version of Sasuke with MB gameplay or similar.

Kaijin No Soki I liked Kaiji's gameplay on TVC even though I don't know Onimusha, I'd like to see in some future an adaptation of this character in mugen, Plus, it's extra cool to face him with other Samurais like Masamune from Sengoku Basara, Haohmaru from Samsho and Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin.

Monster Hunter This is the character that has little chance of seeing him in mugen due to the MVCI situation (and who could also end up giving him a totally different gameplay), but it would be great to see an adaptation of her in mugen as it is played in MVCI.

Cerebela We already have Filia, we already have Squigly, Peacock is not there, Valentine is not, Beowulf is not, and no one got to make an adaptation of Cerebela for mugen, I would like to see her like other Skullgirl characters.
#68  October 19, 2020, 04:59:19 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Ok, so I have this really weird dream character that all stems from a childhood obsession with his franchise:

Tenderheart Bear from the Care Bears. Yes, I'm serious. This isn't some edgy parody version either, my vision for him is that he's mostly true to the loving and kind self he is and doesn't really want to hurt you, but is simply forced to fight because this is a fighting tournament. To anyone who's actually insane enough to do this, my preferred sprite style would lean towards CvS (There is a GBA game and maybe some games on obscure edutainment consoles but those are hardly enough for a fighting game). As for gameplay, I would like something CvS based (maybe even straight up PoTS) but something more custom could work.

If I were making him, I'd try to have both a Normal and EX mode: The Normal mode is based on the 80s versions, and uses his magic tummy symbol a lot. He can be able to make heart-shaped (of course) projectiles, use a cloud car (yes I'm serious), call assists that would be a mix of fellow bears and Care Bear Cousins, and of course the Level 3 super's gotta be the classic Care Bear Stare. EX mode is more based on later versions, specifically "Adeventures in Care-a-Lot" with a mix of the movies from the early 2000s. This version doesn't use the tummy symbol most of the time, but relies more on physical athletic moves, being more of a daredevil. His assists also don't feature the Care Bear Cousins. A lot of work would need to be done due to basically no sprites being available (though again, some inspiration could be taken from that one GBA game) and more of a moveset would need to be developed beyond my rough ideas, but still, this would be quite... something.
#69  October 19, 2020, 09:43:27 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Dynasty Warriors Series - let it be Lu Bu or Zhao Yun we need them in some forum for gods sakes.

Serious Sam - I said this years ago and I will say it again, we still need one.
That's it for now.
#70  October 19, 2020, 10:13:59 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Xeno Goku with a Power Pole based moveset and a Super Saiyan 4 transformation

Edward Elric

Mile from Didn't I tell you to make my abilities average in the next life
#71  October 19, 2020, 03:19:30 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

I have pretty much the same feeling but with Garou MOTW characters... the missing ones in POTS style...
Basically characters like Gato, Kevin, Freeman...

Also about your POTS KFM, I think it would not be so hard to sprite him with POTS edited Takuma + CVS Joe's head...
Still nedd to find some motivated coder.
#72  October 19, 2020, 07:56:18 pm
    • USA
Ok, so I have this really weird dream character that all stems from a childhood obsession with his franchise:

Tenderheart Bear from the Care Bears. Yes, I'm serious. This isn't some edgy parody version either, my vision for him is that he's mostly true to the loving and kind self he is and doesn't really want to hurt you, but is simply forced to fight because this is a fighting tournament. To anyone who's actually insane enough to do this, my preferred sprite style would lean towards CvS (There is a GBA game and maybe some games on obscure edutainment consoles but those are hardly enough for a fighting game). As for gameplay, I would like something CvS based (maybe even straight up PoTS) but something more custom could work.

If I were making him, I'd try to have both a Normal and EX mode: The Normal mode is based on the 80s versions, and uses his magic tummy symbol a lot. He can be able to make heart-shaped (of course) projectiles, use a cloud car (yes I'm serious), call assists that would be a mix of fellow bears and Care Bear Cousins, and of course the Level 3 super's gotta be the classic Care Bear Stare. EX mode is more based on later versions, specifically "Adeventures in Care-a-Lot" with a mix of the movies from the early 2000s. This version doesn't use the tummy symbol most of the time, but relies more on physical athletic moves, being more of a daredevil. His assists also don't feature the Care Bear Cousins. A lot of work would need to be done due to basically no sprites being available (though again, some inspiration could be taken from that one GBA game) and more of a moveset would need to be developed beyond my rough ideas, but still, this would be quite... something.

I could help engineer this moveset:

Statistically, Tenderheart is well... tender, with sloppy offensive and defensive stats, though with a defensive slant. His basic moves aren't too much to write home about, either. His backdash is surprisingly swift,though, good for getting away from enemies. In EX mode, this backdash becomes a hop, allowing him to perform a quick attack as a getaway. Basic attacks are used to combo into his Unique Attacks, a playstyle more emphasized in EX mode. From there, his heart projectiles are used as the combo enders, more focused on stunning a foe for a combo than dealing damage. He can also use the cloud car as another combo ender, recommended as his projectiles are otherwise anti-air oriented, opening him up for juggle opportunities. His real strength, however, lies in his ability to utterly swarm the battlefield with helpers. He can have up to 5 helpers on-screen at a time. Within this strength also lies weakness; each helper can survive only a set number of hits.  Every helper he loses, his Level 3 loses its power. If his Level 3 has all helpers able to aid, it is at its most powerful, but it makes barely a splash if he has lost too many partners in battle. Each helper has a different purpose, as well, anything from setting traps to healing.

EX mode has far more Unique Attacks for the purposes of lengthy combos. This makes up for the fact his helpers have diminished in number (Maybe use characters from the "Care Bears Ripoffs" of the 80s like Little Clowns of Happytown?) and his stats remain poor.  He is also able to dodge in a variety of ways, allowing him to bob and weave outta trouble. His projectile remains an anti-air move, but gains a more grounded, if close-range, counterpart. I could see at least one mode have a belly dive like Cheng Sinzan, along with a Super version.
Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:00:22 pm by Miru962
#73  October 19, 2020, 10:58:33 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA

I could help engineer this moveset:

Statistically, Tenderheart is well... tender, with sloppy offensive and defensive stats, though with a defensive slant. His basic moves aren't too much to write home about, either. His backdash is surprisingly swift,though, good for getting away from enemies. In EX mode, this backdash becomes a hop, allowing him to perform a quick attack as a getaway. Basic attacks are used to combo into his Unique Attacks, a playstyle more emphasized in EX mode. From there, his heart projectiles are used as the combo enders, more focused on stunning a foe for a combo than dealing damage. He can also use the cloud car as another combo ender, recommended as his projectiles are otherwise anti-air oriented, opening him up for juggle opportunities. His real strength, however, lies in his ability to utterly swarm the battlefield with helpers. He can have up to 5 helpers on-screen at a time. Within this strength also lies weakness; each helper can survive only a set number of hits.  Every helper he loses, his Level 3 loses its power. If his Level 3 has all helpers able to aid, it is at its most powerful, but it makes barely a splash if he has lost too many partners in battle. Each helper has a different purpose, as well, anything from setting traps to healing.

EX mode has far more Unique Attacks for the purposes of lengthy combos. This makes up for the fact his helpers have diminished in number (Maybe use characters from the "Care Bears Ripoffs" of the 80s like Little Clowns of Happytown?) and his stats remain poor.  He is also able to dodge in a variety of ways, allowing him to bob and weave outta trouble. His projectile remains an anti-air move, but gains a more grounded, if close-range, counterpart. I could see at least one mode have a belly dive like Cheng Sinzan, along with a Super version.

Now this is what I like to see! I pretty much agree with all of these ideas, way better than anything I may have been able to come up with. A note about the EX version's assists though, I'd rather just stick to using actual CB characters, but I like the idea of there being less of them.
#74  October 20, 2020, 06:46:21 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Just thought of another one, conversions of Ultra Fight Da! Kyanta 2 characters. (Preferably Hisomi or Rogue, Hisomi is epic). I wouldn't be able to fuss with an accurate conversion to save my life, though I'd more than happily make some of the characters in my own style... if the damn sprites and sounds could get ripped already!

Update: I'm making a custom version of Rogue now, lol.
J's also making a pseudo-CvS version with some source accurate fun, so there's that too.

Might make Hisomi afterwards, who knows!
#75  October 20, 2020, 08:23:43 pm
    • USA

Now this is what I like to see! I pretty much agree with all of these ideas, way better than anything I may have been able to come up with. A note about the EX version's assists though, I'd rather just stick to using actual CB characters, but I like the idea of there being less of them.
Anyways, his EX mode would rely on Target Combos, and would have around 5 distinct ones with various levels, sorta like SF5. His input for his anti-air projectile is an RDP, and the strength determines the angle. The EX version would be freely aimable. In EX Mode, the EX version deals multiple hits, but moves as a sine wave. His other moves in normal mode require charge inputs, except his myriad of helpers and his Level 3. His helpers will use any attack button for a variety of helpers (not sure about the input, QCF? QCB? RQCF?/Annu Mutsube?). The Belly Badge Meteor is a hold down, then up+punch move.  The strength determines the height, and the EX version does multiple hits and knocks down. This move works as an overhead. Cloud Car is hold back, then forward + punch.  Strength determines the distance. The EX version goes in an arc. For his other supers, the Super Combo version of his projectile (QCBx2+P) is a spread-shot, with the total number of volleys determined by strength, with the level 3 being 3 total volleys of 3. The Super Combo belly drop (Delta charge+P) does multiple bounces before a final strike. The number of bounces are based on strength. His Super Combo Cloud Car (Hold back, then F,B,F+P) has him drive by multiple times. The Level 3 ends with the car jumping on the downed target. His Care Bear Stare uses (F, HCF+P+K) input.

Don't know about what additional supers he'd have in EX mode, though I see a cartwheel as a charge B, F + K move.

#76  October 21, 2020, 10:12:42 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I had a few ideas for Disney characters, mostly villains (of course).

Maleficent: In Fantasy Strike, there's a character named Midori who can change into a dragon when the meter is full... so, why not take that idea and run with it for her Level 3 super. She'll have super armor during that move and access to a new Super (Hell's Flame), but it does cut the timer in half if you use this move. Outside of her Dragon form, she's a keep away character who uses her spells and Diablo (her Raven) to help build meter. Remember, the goal is to reach her Dragon form.

Gaston: Dude has always been a bit of a meathead.. which makes the perfect brawler type of character. If anything, Rambo in MK11 Ultimate might provide a decent blueprint for him (save for the traps). Gaston wants to get up close and beat you with those biceps that are the size of a barge. He also has a bow for some keep away.

Hades: Gargos in the KI reboot provides the blueprint for Hades... but with a twist. While Gargos has pretty competent lackeys, Hades does not. While he can summon Pain and/or Panic to do something, there is a 25% chance of either character NOT doing their move. This allows Hades to just toss the incompetent bums at his foes. Of course, once thrown or used, the lackeys have a cool down timer that lasts about 15 in game seconds. Outside of that, he's a short range zoner.

Dr. Facilier: Being the 'Shadow Man', it's obvious who his inspirations would be - Part Glacius from the KI reboot and part Voodoo from War Gods. The Glacius part comes from the idea that he can use his shadow men to attack from long range. The Voodoo part comes from some of the move set he will have: A 'snake grab' that will get him closer, a rain of nails, and so forth.
#77  October 23, 2020, 09:32:53 am
  • Indeed
Sweet Tooth was in PASBR at least. There is a version of him in MUGEN by Varia31.

I saw the Sweet Tooth you're talking about, and honestly I'm not impressed. The style is not the one I'm looking for, and the quality seems overall low anyway. Didn't know he was in PASBR, though.

I have pretty much the same feeling but with Garou MOTW characters... the missing ones in POTS style...
Basically characters like Gato, Kevin, Freeman...

Also about your POTS KFM, I think it would not be so hard to sprite him with POTS edited Takuma + CVS Joe's head...
Still nedd to find some motivated coder.

It's weird, the Garou characters are among the most CvS-looking ones in the snk games, yet most of them are pretty much ignored. I'd like a good Gato and Freeman too. Especially Freeman, dude is underrated.

About KFM, I was thinking about trying to make him myself, after I've finished butchering Ryu.

I had a few ideas for Disney characters, mostly villains (of course).

Maleficent: In Fantasy Strike, there's a character named Midori who can change into a dragon when the meter is full... so, why not take that idea and run with it for her Level 3 super. She'll have super armor during that move and access to a new Super (Hell's Flame), but it does cut the timer in half if you use this move. Outside of her Dragon form, she's a keep away character who uses her spells and Diablo (her Raven) to help build meter. Remember, the goal is to reach her Dragon form.

Gaston: Dude has always been a bit of a meathead.. which makes the perfect brawler type of character. If anything, Rambo in MK11 Ultimate might provide a decent blueprint for him (save for the traps). Gaston wants to get up close and beat you with those biceps that are the size of a barge. He also has a bow for some keep away.

Hades: Gargos in the KI reboot provides the blueprint for Hades... but with a twist. While Gargos has pretty competent lackeys, Hades does not. While he can summon Pain and/or Panic to do something, there is a 25% chance of either character NOT doing their move. This allows Hades to just toss the incompetent bums at his foes. Of course, once thrown or used, the lackeys have a cool down timer that lasts about 15 in game seconds. Outside of that, he's a short range zoner.

Dr. Facilier: Being the 'Shadow Man', it's obvious who his inspirations would be - Part Glacius from the KI reboot and part Voodoo from War Gods. The Glacius part comes from the idea that he can use his shadow men to attack from long range. The Voodoo part comes from some of the move set he will have: A 'snake grab' that will get him closer, a rain of nails, and so forth.

Not gonna lie, you're making me wanna see this in reality. Those are all very good ideas! How about Jafar and Chernobog?

#78  October 23, 2020, 05:14:08 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
In the case of Jafar, he would be like Maleficent.. but instead of a dragon form, he has a genie form. In that form, he has a completely new move set that allows him to use those 'phenomenal cosmic powers'. Outside of that mode, Jafar plays much like Maleficent. The differences are very simple: While Diablo is meant to be more like Mamahaha (Nakoruru's hawk), Iago is meant to be more like Strider's hawk: He can be used to drop certain items on the foe in a special move and can be used in a Level 1 Super.

Chernobog is a final boss, plain and simple. A character that huge and that powerful cannot be playable unless you drop 25 nerf hammers on his head. As the final boss, he's basically Blackheart on steroids... maybe some high powered illegal steroids.

Some other characters for this idea building include...

Ratigan: Even though I've never seen the Great Mouse Detective, I want to do Ratigan justice because he's basically a rat version of famed villain Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes fame, but he was voiced by Vincent Price (BTW, the characters would be using voice clips from their respective movies). Ratigan is a cross between brawler and grappler as he can get up close with his strength and has some decent throws. His key move is a Level 2 Super called 'Ratigan's Rage'. It starts as a counter move where Ratigan counters any high normal attack. Upon doing so, the opponent calls him a 'rat'. This triggers Ratigan... this brings in a timer that lasts for 15 in game seconds and gives him a 10% boost in speed and strength.

Peg Leg Pete: Pete is this game's Dan. Plain and simple.

Judge Doom: Imagine if Disney made Faust instead of Arc System Works. That's my idea for Judge Doom... in fact, the 'wild card' aspect goes all the way to his key move - a Level 3 Super called 'The Dip'. It works similar to an Instant Kill move in the first Guilty Gear game: You do the motion, the opponent has a chance to counter it by doing the same motion. If the opponent gets it, then the move ends with no harm to either side. If you don't get it, then it goes to a 2nd phase where Doom grabs his foe by the throat and holds them over a vat of 'The Dip'. The opponent now has another chance to counter the move. If done correctly, the opponent gets out of the move with a special animation (For example, Hades would summon Panic to basically run into the back side of Judge Doom; Maleficent would summon Diablo to hit him; etc.). If not... then it's Game Over as 'The Dip' is indeed an Instant Kill move.
#79  October 23, 2020, 06:48:47 pm
  • Jesus died for our sins... one more won't hurt
    • Spain
I had more ideas for characters I would like to see in M.U.G.E.N (plus a few more Disney characters with more detailed gameplay to extend it and it seems like the idea is becoming popular here). Note that all characters here would be 6-buttoned and have specials and hypers

General Ideas

Disney Related Ideas
#80  October 23, 2020, 07:02:51 pm
    • USA
In the case of Jafar, he would be like Maleficent.. but instead of a dragon form, he has a genie form. In that form, he has a completely new move set that allows him to use those 'phenomenal cosmic powers'. Outside of that mode, Jafar plays much like Maleficent. The differences are very simple: While Diablo is meant to be more like Mamahaha (Nakoruru's hawk), Iago is meant to be more like Strider's hawk: He can be used to drop certain items on the foe in a special move and can be used in a Level 1 Super.

Chernobog is a final boss, plain and simple. A character that huge and that powerful cannot be playable unless you drop 25 nerf hammers on his head. As the final boss, he's basically Blackheart on steroids... maybe some high powered illegal steroids.

Some other characters for this idea building include...

Ratigan: Even though I've never seen the Great Mouse Detective, I want to do Ratigan justice because he's basically a rat version of famed villain Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes fame, but he was voiced by Vincent Price (BTW, the characters would be using voice clips from their respective movies). Ratigan is a cross between brawler and grappler as he can get up close with his strength and has some decent throws. His key move is a Level 2 Super called 'Ratigan's Rage'. It starts as a counter move where Ratigan counters any high normal attack. Upon doing so, the opponent calls him a 'rat'. This triggers Ratigan... this brings in a timer that lasts for 15 in game seconds and gives him a 10% boost in speed and strength.

Peg Leg Pete: Pete is this game's Dan. Plain and simple.

Judge Doom: Imagine if Disney made Faust instead of Arc System Works. That's my idea for Judge Doom... in fact, the 'wild card' aspect goes all the way to his key move - a Level 3 Super called 'The Dip'. It works similar to an Instant Kill move in the first Guilty Gear game: You do the motion, the opponent has a chance to counter it by doing the same motion. If the opponent gets it, then the move ends with no harm to either side. If you don't get it, then it goes to a 2nd phase where Doom grabs his foe by the throat and holds them over a vat of 'The Dip'. The opponent now has another chance to counter the move. If done correctly, the opponent gets out of the move with a special animation (For example, Hades would summon Panic to basically run into the back side of Judge Doom; Maleficent would summon Diablo to hit him; etc.). If not... then it's Game Over as 'The Dip' is indeed an Instant Kill move.

I imagined Pete as less "Dan Hibiki" and more "Cheng Sinzan"; though some Dannish traits could remain, like the berserk combos. He'd feature things like arcing projectiles, a belly dive, a rolling attack, and other methods of tossing his weight around.  A unique aerial or two could set him apart, I could see a "Flutter Kick" like FCF Mario. His projectile could serve as a trap after it has finished its arc of motion, making foes slip on the ground. I could see another Unique Attack that serves as a sweep that can easily be cancelled into his belly drop.

I agree about Chernabog as final boss, though I could see a first phase where he sends henchmen after you.