YesNoOk

ClayFighter comes to MUGEN!! (Slyck joins to the battle!!) (Read 3640130 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, April 16, 2010, 04:25:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Lockjaw is coming to chew Octo and Nana!!)
#281  August 05, 2021, 07:48:03 pm
    • USA

HAWT DAWG!!!
This was unexpected, but the process of extracting sprites of Xandegraf's SFF to make my own SFF was faster than I thought... so now Lockjaw Pooch is 100%playable, with all his basic states plus punches and kicks, and even with the Launcher move added. However, Octo has the same state than the dawg and Nanaman is in process to add his punches and kicks yet.

The only good thing of getting my internet cutted for a week is that I could advance a lot in these 3 :mlol: so yeah, Lockjaw Pooch is on the line with Octohead and Nanaman, let's start soon with their moves to be accurate to their games and later to add the 63 1/3 stuff (Lockjaw included, since Sculptor's Cut removed most of 63 1/3 stuff like combo system), at this rate probably at the end of August I could deliver at least one of these three guys, wish me luck ;)

Nice, im hyped since octohead could fit in clayfighter 64's style of gameplay.
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Lockjaw is coming to chew Octo and Nana!!)
#282  August 06, 2021, 04:08:21 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Yeah, I think the same, I've been thinking in some good claytalities for him based on some chars from 63 1/3

Also, I got a change of plans, Octohead only will have his moves, I see there're enough to be his own character instead to use Jack's moves. However, different from Tiny/Butch, I don't think to make Jack for MUGEN in a future, only Octohead :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#283  August 06, 2021, 07:37:24 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I think the same, I've been thinking in some good claytalities for him based on some chars from 63 1/3

Also, I got a change of plans, Octohead only will have his moves, I see there're enough to be his own character instead to use Jack's moves. However, different from Tiny/Butch, I don't think to make Jack for MUGEN in a future, only Octohead :P

So what claytalities did you have for octohead? and also its fine since butch and tiny has a unique arsenal while slick,sarge and ice's non-clones are in the next sequel which would make sense if we ever get a sarge and slick character in the future.
#284  August 06, 2021, 08:36:24 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/

Maybe have palettes 7-12 be Jack's colors with different moves (think The_None's Blizzard/Chaos)?
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#285  August 06, 2021, 08:39:31 pm
    • USA

Maybe have palettes 7-12 be Jack's colors with different moves (think The_None's Blizzard/Chaos)?

i think that would lock out octohead to a smaller move set. its best to combine all the moveset.
#286  August 07, 2021, 04:22:24 am
    • Chile
I was thinking in that too, but it's not worth it. Octo's moves are already enough to make him without Jack's moves (which are deficient IMO). Maybe in one of these I could edit Octo to make Jack as a separate character, but not for now... but at least Octo will have a palette of his clone as with the other CF2 chars as the palette 12 (Ice, Tiny and Butch)

In other news, Nanaman now has all his punches and kicks, so now the 3 are ready to start with their special moves and supers to make them accurate to their sources, and after that I'll start to create their combo system, let's see what happens...

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#287  August 11, 2021, 02:14:07 am
    • Chile
OCTO PREVIEW!!
Now Octo has all his moves from CF2 as well his basic moves from 63 1/3 (Launcher, Combo Opener and Overhead Attack). Since all his sprites has been added, I'll start to add him the sparks and FX as well making his combo system (linkers and finishers) and his possible supers. Until now he's the most comboable of my CF chars at the date (even more than Jim I guess). At this rate, he'll be the first CF chars of the 3 to be released, who knows :mugoi:

Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 02:29:28 am by Basara Huffman
#288  August 11, 2021, 04:10:24 am
    • USA
OCTO PREVIEW!!
Now Octo has all his moves from CF2 as well his basic moves from 63 1/3 (Launcher, Combo Opener and Overhead Attack). Since all his sprites has been added, I'll start to add him the sparks and FX as well making his combo system (linkers and finishers) and his possible supers. Until now he's the most comboable of my CF chars at the date (even more than Jim I guess). At this rate, he'll be the first CF chars of the 3 to be released, who knows :mugoi:

Nice, anyways i wish someone did a true clayfighter ui for mugen since, i am sorta using super clayfighter as a base.
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Knock Off Top Half claytalities are done!!)
#289  August 13, 2021, 03:54:09 am
    • Chile
FINALLY I DID IT!!
The Knock Off Top Half (aka Cut-in-half) claytalities are a reality now!! I've been working on this since I managed to make claytalities in MUGEN and today I achieved it with Jim. So an upcoming update for the worm and various of my CF chars are coming very soon :D

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Knock Off Top Half claytalities are done!!)
#290  August 13, 2021, 04:15:15 am
    • USA
FINALLY I DID IT!!
The Knock Off Top Half (aka Cut-in-half) claytalities are a reality now!! I've been working on this since I managed to make claytalities in MUGEN and today I achieved it with Jim. So an upcoming update for the worm and various of my CF chars are coming very soon :D

Nice since, I first knew about it due to blue squade goo having mentioned a cut in half claytality so I waited and waited and now the dream is here since, I think this would be the move if he was ever in the third game.
#291  August 13, 2021, 05:48:13 am
    • Chile
Indeed, BSG is the only char that can cut in half in CF1 along with Blob's Buzzsaw, so yeah, he'll have a claytality cutting his enemy with his hair, I got it planned for him since the beginning ;)

#292  August 14, 2021, 02:09:56 am
  • Snek Friend
    • USA
    • coffeeflavoredmilk.neocities.org/
I think the only major category left is the one that involve the "stretching" sprites (IE: Jim's Claytality where he lassos the opponent and squeezes their head). Closest to this in MUGEN is the Sangue Passure but of course not every character has that.
#293  August 14, 2021, 03:08:53 am
    • Chile
Squeeze claytality? Already covered :truestory:
Indeed I used Sangue Passare state (7780) for the Squeeze claytality, but only Jim has it implemented, the other ones I'd to search how to make their sprites or modify them since before 63 1/3 only has cut-in-half and squish sprites. I already did it with Octo, since some hitsprites have him with his eyes popped up, so I reuse them for the 7780 state, for the others I just stretch the sprites of the enemy via code (as I did with squish in claytalities)

And about normal chars who doesn't have required sprites, usually the Knock Off Top Half is a punch or kick that cuts you, for normal ones, it changes the cut to Launch from MUGEN, so if the char doesn't have the anim, will fly to the infinite and beyond ;)

#294  August 14, 2021, 04:25:16 am
  • Snek Friend
    • USA
That's quite good to know at least.

I'm looking forward to the future of these projects regardless of all that.
#295  August 14, 2021, 08:46:55 pm
    • Chile

A full demonstration has been made with my chars. So, apart of the upcoming Nanaman, Octohead and Lockjaw, Earthworm Jim will be updated with this one and the Squeeze claytality (already working on it). And of course, my other chars will be updated as well with their cutted anims, as well with their own renditions of KOTH, so keep claytuned, guys :bandana:

#296  August 14, 2021, 09:00:49 pm
    • USA
[youtube]ifp-kHNJpas[/youtube]
A full demonstration has been made with my chars. So, apart of the upcoming Nanaman, Octohead and Lockjaw, Earthworm Jim will be updated with this one and the Squeeze claytality (already working on it). And of course, my other chars will be updated as well with their cutted anims, as well with their own renditions of KOTH, so keep claytuned, guys :bandana:

Very nice and i guess i people can have the state as well interesting. anyways, it feels Fitting for the judgment clay characters due to how it mentioned claytalities in advertisements
#297  August 19, 2021, 04:33:08 am
    • Chile
Earthworm Jim has been updated as well all my CF chars!!
The KOTH claytality is finally done and all my other CF chars have the anims to be compatible with these claytalities (KOTH and Squeeze), however the latter needs to be fixed eventually, so any help is welcome ;)

OK, time to go back with Octohead and Nanaman, the former got more advanced until now (he has his new supers added), now starting with Nana to think which will be his supers, hmmm....

#298  August 22, 2021, 10:25:31 pm
  • Snek Friend
    • USA
On an unrelated note the Kung Fu Man idea you had (converting non-CF characters to this style) would be a cool one. If you were to do a full-game some 'bonus' characters from other Claymation series/games would be neat. (Like Klaymen from the Neverhood, maybe even ask permission from Mulambo to use his sprites and to do Pingu or something?)

For Nanaman, most of what I can think of is just stuff already done with Ironcommando's old Dancing Banana. Other than obvious "create stronger versions of the specials like the 'FOOT IN THE AIR MAN'" stuff.
#299  August 25, 2021, 05:34:16 am
    • Chile
I didn't think about those bonus chars apart of KFM, sounds like a good idea, mostly for Pingu (even when his sprites were redrawn by Mulambo and would clash with the CF chars), in the case of Klaymen I made some ideas about that but nothing concrete to make him a char as I wish, even if it's not in 63 1/3 style...

After working on Jim (yeah, I'm not done with that, there're some work to do), I say Octo is the most advanced of the 3 new CF chars, but I'm not sure if I'd finish in August, I would like it but I see it unlikely. However, he has his 2 supers done and now I'm adding CF sparks and FX, as well managing the CNS to adjust him, so I'm not sure if will bedone in time, but he'll be probably my next release for sure ;)

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Octohead is almost finished!!)
#300  August 29, 2021, 05:17:32 pm
    • Chile
Cancelled 2016 ClayFighter be like:
https://streamable.com/u0wvsb

Second preview of Octohead, in normal standards he's practically ready to be released, he has now the FXs, all his moves and supers, but there's a lot to do yet:
-Thinking in his throws (CF2 has none, so they have to be invented)
-Starting with the combo system, only has the Combo Opener and the Combo Breaker available
-Starting with the claytalities too, I got a couple in mind I want to add

Also working on Nanaman, mostly thinking in his supers, I also opted to leave out Dr. Peelgood moves, mostly because they're useless with this char, maybe I should create one new move for him :thinking:

And, here's a surprise for you ;)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 10:23:35 pm by Basara Huffman