YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1693142 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (Tizoc/Griffon Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1281  June 23, 2022, 12:33:51 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Re: (Tizoc/Griffon Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1282  June 23, 2022, 12:36:20 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
(M. Bison (by Froz) Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1283  June 26, 2022, 01:33:53 am
    • UK

The Bipson update is live, doods! You know where to go.
WIP Schedule:
Re: (M. Bison (by Froz) Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1284  June 26, 2022, 03:53:12 am
outside of missing a few sound bites I feel its nice edit.

I suggest giving him the "Knee press nightmare" sound bite at the beginning its way cooler then the grunts.

I see you took half of pots level 1 and turned it into a level 3, PotS has a cool soundbite when the char is being spun in the air, I also suggest adding that as well.

Oh yeah, the vels on the EX Scissor kicks are a bit mad, they are almost instant and have good range, I would maybe nerf them a tad bit, maybe the range.

Just preference, but I find that grab level 3 hyper lame as hell, id rather have the ultra mega super saiyan psycho crusher, I can see you kept it for the Mega Dictator or whatever he's called.

EX psycho crusher being 3 hits also weirds me out for some reason, was it like that in USF4 or something ?

Other than that, I like the edit, I dig the AI changes.

Good stuff man.
Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 04:04:18 am by PeXXeR
#1285  June 26, 2022, 06:37:07 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

#1286  June 26, 2022, 11:10:45 am
    • UK

Bipson

lol, that typo.

It's supposed to be a Maximillian reference, but I understand that you may not get it.

outside of missing a few sound bites I feel its nice edit.

I suggest giving him the "Knee press nightmare" sound bite at the beginning its way cooler then the grunts.

I see you took half of pots level 1 and turned it into a level 3, PotS has a cool soundbite when the char is being spun in the air, I also suggest adding that as well.

Oh yeah, the vels on the EX Scissor kicks are a bit mad, they are almost instant and have good range, I would maybe nerf them a tad bit, maybe the range.

Just preference, but I find that grab level 3 hyper lame as hell, id rather have the ultra mega super saiyan psycho crusher, I can see you kept it for the Mega Dictator or whatever he's called.

EX psycho crusher being 3 hits also weirds me out for some reason, was it like that in USF4 or something ?

Other than that, I like the edit, I dig the AI changes.

Good stuff man.

In terms of voices, I was trying to keep it accurate to CvS2 and avoid using voices from other games for consistency sake.

I feel as if only Final having Final Psycho Crusher was fitting since it's a notorious boss move, and it would make both modes more unique by having different Level 3s each.

I wanted to make EX Psycho 3 hits to respect the 3-hits-on-guard thing normal Psycho does.

Thanks for the feedback either way. I'll drop an update later today if possible.
WIP Schedule:
#1287  June 27, 2022, 03:50:04 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since I gave a long post of feedback for PotS's characters, thought I come back to Guy and M.Bison to see if any issues shares with yours and noticed a few things that were missed previously:

Guy:
-The hitsparks on his special intro with Cody/Haggar are layered behind the barrels and use guard sounds (When Cody or Haggar does theirs, I realized they are layered in front and use strong punch hit sounds).
-The sliding dust on his run stop animation is the not same position as Hayagake's one.
-Seoi Nage is still missing the strong kick swing sound when the opponent is thrown.
-Hayagake is missing the running dust effect when he starts running.
-His crouching HK is missing the running dust effect when he skids (Since I saw it on the M.Bison edit).
-The hitspark and guard spark of standing MK is still misaligned when it hits the opponent slightly farther away.

M.Bison:
-There is no jump sound effect when he leaps from Head Press when it connects.
-Level 1 Knee Press Nightmare doesn't have running dust on the last hit like the crouching HK (Although PotS didn't have that dust, though you could for the sake of consistency since either you or Froz have it).
-There is no landing effect when he touches the ground after the end of Nightmare Booster.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#1288  June 27, 2022, 12:51:12 pm
    • UK

Since I gave a long post of feedback for PotS's characters, thought I come back to Guy and M.Bison to see if any issues shares with yours and noticed a few things that were missed previously:

Guy:
-The hitsparks on his special intro with Cody/Haggar are layered behind the barrels and use guard sounds (When Cody or Haggar does theirs, I realized they are layered in front and use strong punch hit sounds).
-The sliding dust on his run stop animation is the not same position as Hayagake's one.
-Seoi Nage is still missing the strong kick swing sound when the opponent is thrown.
-Hayagake is missing the running dust effect when he starts running.
-His crouching HK is missing the running dust effect when he skids (Since I saw it on the M.Bison edit).
-The hitspark and guard spark of standing MK is still misaligned when it hits the opponent slightly farther away.

M.Bison:
-There is no jump sound effect when he leaps from Head Press when it connects.
-Level 1 Knee Press Nightmare doesn't have running dust on the last hit like the crouching HK (Although PotS didn't have that dust, though you could for the sake of consistency since either you or Froz have it).
-There is no landing effect when he touches the ground after the end of Nightmare Booster.

OK. I've just fixed Bison's issues, but I'm gonna sleep on Guy for now until I feel like updating him.
WIP Schedule:
(Clark (by Cruz) Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1289  August 17, 2022, 06:58:26 pm
    • UK

Clark Update added.

The SFF update motivated me to do it, and I was reminded that his damage output wasn't that good according to feedback elsewhere.

Batsu is set to be next on the Update list. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten.
WIP Schedule:
Re: (Clark (by Cruz) Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1290  August 17, 2022, 10:14:54 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I'll test him, thanks friend.
#1291  August 28, 2022, 01:12:38 pm
    • Netherlands
Thanks for the Clark release RR!

The only feedback I have so far is the voice effect during the pose after he completes his frankensteiner sounds very out of please with the rest of his voice pack.
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#1292  August 28, 2022, 01:33:16 pm
    • UK

Thanks for the Clark release RR!

The only feedback I have so far is the voice effect during the pose after he completes his frankensteiner sounds very out of please with the rest of his voice pack.

That's pretty much down to the voice set used (XI's), plus, I didn't mind the voice(s) tbh.

In other news, I did a stealth update for Akuma that fixes him being able to use EX Zankuu from Hyakkishu outside of Modern mode.
WIP Schedule:
(Batsu (by R@CE) Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1293  September 03, 2022, 12:17:08 am
    • UK

Batsu just got a beefy update!

Changes include Dampir's SFF, added command normals, Launchers, Super Guts Upper as a Level 1/2, and lil' bit more including the usual misc tweaks.
I thought the original was a bit too insane, so I felt it was necessary to nerf a few things to get him down to the PotS standard.

I should also mention I took a few keys from the SFAS version of him, just in-case some changes seem familiar to those who tried it out.

Last but not least, expect at least 1 more edit/update to come out before I move on to no. 2 of my schedule.
WIP Schedule:
Re: (Batsu (by R@CE) Update) Rowen's PotS Edits
#1294  September 03, 2022, 12:31:11 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Batsu just got a beefy update!

Changes include Dampir's SFF, added command normals, Launchers, Super Guts Upper as a Level 1/2, and lil' bit more including the usual misc tweaks.
I thought the original was a bit too insane, so I felt it was necessary to nerf a few things to get him down to the PotS standard.

I should also mention I took a few keys from the SFAS version of him, just in-case some changes seem familiar to those who tried it out.

Last but not least, expect at least 1 more edit/update to come out before I move on to no. 2 of my schedule.

Great news !! thanks!
So you managed to make Dampir's SFF update fully working well. (I remember it had some minor problems)
Also, have you removed any move from the character ?
#1295  September 03, 2022, 12:34:52 am
    • UK

Also, have you removed any move from the character ?

All I really removed were 2 original supers, and Blazing Mikadzuki Kick and Ichimonji Style Barrage. SGU takes the latter's place.
WIP Schedule:
#1296  September 03, 2022, 12:43:19 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks, I'll test this version. I think it will be the best.
#1297  September 03, 2022, 12:55:29 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
GREAT!! I gotta see this! :shocked2:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#1298  September 03, 2022, 01:26:31 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
Thank you for updating Batsu in your style!
In my quick testing, I have two problems:

1. Double Zenkai Kiaidan command should be F,D,B,F,D,B+2K in the readme.
2. There are 6 running sprites, but only 4 are being used and it makes it look like he's limping.   
#1299  September 03, 2022, 01:48:59 am
    • UK

2. There are 6 running sprites, but only 4 are being used and it makes it look like he's limping.   

Will check these out tomorrow. thx
WIP Schedule:
#1300  September 03, 2022, 10:32:02 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Basically I have the same feedback.

I would also add in a sprite aspect that few of his normal animations would look better with 1 extra frame or pixel tweaking...
I might give it a try, It should not be too long to make it.
Is the default CS palette included somewhere ? (I will need it to make some customs)

Would be great if Dampir can give him one actual throw (His "trademark" judo throw would be perfect)
But I cannot handle such an animation myself.

As a big fan of Rival Schools and particularly Batsu, I'm glad he finally have a more "accurate" version.
I really LOVE this conversion.
Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 06:17:54 pm by Momotaro