YesNoOk

Tien Z2 [Project] (Read 265925 times)

Started by Balthazar, November 20, 2016, 09:36:34 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hyper DBZ - New chararcter announced: Tien
#41  November 22, 2016, 11:34:34 am
Ho-ly shit...
This is a great idea, except for the fact that Chiaotzu is useless.
Well, might as well give him his only damaging move.
Killing himself. Sprites look incredible, Balth never disappoints!
Yeah, clearly a basic support will be to give the opponent a stomach ache, and the ultimate super will be Chiaotzu grabbing the enemy from behind and blowing himself up while Tien charges a one-handed Kikouhou.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#42  November 23, 2016, 12:18:05 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
That's awesome Balthazar :swoon:
Well done  :D
Though maybe i shouldn't say this but i wish LightScareCrow could help you with Tien...
It's not my decision but he really seemed to want to do a TienZ2.
Maybe im speaking nonsense.
Good work :)
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#43  November 23, 2016, 12:41:27 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Technically anyone can still do their own versions.
#44  November 23, 2016, 08:14:13 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
Though maybe i shouldn't say this but i wish LightScareCrow could help you with Tien...
It's not my decision but he really seemed to want to do a TienZ2.

I really like Tien as a character and even Chiaotzu too, but I guess in the end it I'm just the one who dreams.
I had an idea and I tried to go with it. With Balthazar picking it up, then at least for me, I'd rather give some suggestions, help with what I can and leave the rest to Balthazar.
If they want my help, I will do my best, but I don't find it necessary or probable. Even if he needed help, I'd figure it would be someone way more skilled and experienced than me.

Well, I did this edit of Chiaotzu. I basically fixed small details on the shading and mixed the sprites shown previously. By analizing some of Chiaotzu's pictures, it seemed that the part of the shirt in front of him seemed kinda "fat" but his waist was thin and he didn't seem that inflated on his back.
Also, the big head serves a similar function to Goten and Trunks', adding the cute factor. The head being too small and his eyes as well make him seem less like a small helper and more like someone in complete confusion.
So, in the end, this was the result. Maybe with some perfecting, this becomes final.

#45  November 23, 2016, 09:17:26 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
You still can help Balthazar by doing line work or coloring/shading sprites. This could boost the development time, if you work with him. Or you can create your own Tien Z2 inspired. No one's stopping you to do that.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#46  November 23, 2016, 11:45:33 pm
You still can help Balthazar by doing line work or coloring/shading sprites. This could boost the development time, if you work with him. Or you can create your own Tien Z2 inspired. No one's stopping you to do that.
Might as well read this with Goku's voice, because I do feel a bit like him regarding to this...
Yes, there is someone stopping me to create my own version, and it's myself.

To me it doesn't make sense. Let's assume I would do my own version, I'd have to use Smurfyeah's sprites and ideas that will be or will not be used on Balthazar's. And even if the ideas that won't be used in Balth's Tien, most of them weren't that good or were Smurfyeah's and I'd take forever to make a inferior version of what someone is already making!

Also, let me explain this a bit, I just brought ideas and basically said that I'd try to do it no matter what. It isn't a sort of lust for doing him like it seems to me some thought it was. It was just me, a amateur, trying to do the job of a pro. In fact, my first sprite was horrible looking back at it and I never added anything substantial other than gameplay ideas to Smurf who did the 2 sprites we had for Tien's stance.

Me, as a person, wouldn't play a cheap copy of any Z2 character, even if it's my own.
It just doesn't feel the same, and it's not a bad thing. In fact, it's better this way. It was what I wanted in the beginning, a Tien Z2, isn't it?
In the end, this was exactly what I dreamed about after seeing the edits of Piccolo into Tien and the reason I created this account.
Maybe it's just my pride, but it doesn't feel right to me. It seems like things were finally set right.
This may be a wall text, but I felt like I needed to open up a bit.
TL;DR: I'd rather help with Balth's than do my version.

I will help Balth with all I can! I need to tweak the Chiaotzu edit I did, but I am already planning a few things! Even if he doesn't use them, I'll be sure to try!
I also have two sprite sheets that I was planning to use for my own that contain valuable sprites! I am already working on some skeletons as I like to call them for Tien and possibly maybe even some I shouldn't be doing this early on, but trust me, you guys are gonna love it! Just wait!

Maybe I'll be back today or tomorrow. Who knows? Certainly not me.
I'm as unpredictable to myself as to anyone around me. Well, that's it. Sorry if I wall texted WAAAY too hard this one...
#47  November 24, 2016, 12:29:47 am
  • Not for sale
I'm sure Balth and the rest of the Z2 team have plenty of ideas. You might want to see how much room there is for suggestions before going off and spending time writing a novel on what you want the character to be.
#48  November 24, 2016, 12:33:04 am
  • Fate's Persona

Might as well read this with Goku's voice, because I do feel a bit like him regarding to this...
Yes, there is someone stopping me to create my own version, and it's myself.

Well,i feel bad for posting my previous comment here,Lightscarecrow i apologise dearly for bringing this up
and putting you in this matter.Though you did really want to do this.....
Still,i'm sorry for putting you into this  :(   (............and for indirectly forcing you to post that huge comment :/  )
Have a good day :)
#49  November 24, 2016, 01:59:39 am
First things first, thats not what I meant at all  :???:
I mean I'd do some edits, maybe some sketches and suggestions.
The sheets I mentioned have get hit, block, Tri Beam, Dodon Ray and other useful animations that Tien will have guaranteed, so I thought it'd be useful.
I'd be a unoficial, unauthorized and no skilled intern.
Also this:

I made the arm closer to his torso, changed the waist a bit and changed a bit of the shading. It looks kinda weird, thoughts on this edit?

And AoD, don't worry. I just needed to clean my closet a bit.
No need to worry about me, I'm just a kid, easy come easy go, y'know?
I did want to work on Tien due to me being a huge nerd about DBZ, but let's be honest, I'm a complete failure at Mugen and spriting in general.
Well, maybe except as a player.
#50  November 24, 2016, 02:14:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
IMO being an energetic fan is almost just as important! We're just glad you're excited and hope we can live up to your expectations!
#51  November 24, 2016, 12:39:41 pm
  • Fate's Persona
And AoD, don't worry. I just needed to clean my closet a bit.
No need to worry about me, I'm just a kid, easy come easy go, y'know?
I did want to work on Tien due to me being a huge nerd about DBZ, but let's be honest, I'm a complete failure at Mugen and spriting in general.
Well, maybe except as a player.

Well,i mentioned you in the first place.
Also,you seem very mature to be a kid (or your posts atleast)
and no there is someone worse than you at spriting or drawing in general (and that's me).
You can give greater support to TienZ2 than i can so keep it up :thumbsup:
Lastly,this is intended my last comment about this and any comment from here on  will be
TienZ2 and ChiatzuZ2 related also really good looking little guy :)
#52  November 24, 2016, 03:31:22 pm
OK then, so back to Tien topic.
How exactly will Chiaotzu work?

Gameplay, well it's a bit early to talk about that,
but the main idea for direction will be tricky.
Probably something like Piccolo but faster and less damaging.
Able to do quick rapid chains and all sorts of kung-fu moves.
Then ofcourse there's Chiaotzu who could provide set-ups.

Is he going to hold the enemy in place?
Maybe fly in and attack?
This is a really intersting concept, I just can't quite get how it will work.
#53  November 24, 2016, 03:51:19 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Well we usually figure these things out along the way; sometimes our ideas dont pan out in practice and we adapt it to something else.
But in short, the main idea now is that Chiaotzu floats behind Tien and he has the Telekenesis as a Special Move and also perhaps a weaker version of the Dodonpa in multiple directions for Weak, Medium and Strong. Not sure yet how much he'll help Tien in normal attack chains.
He'll also join in in at least one of the Supers and one of the Finishers. That Finisher, if p2 has low health and it's the last round, could be the Sacrifice.
#54  November 24, 2016, 04:51:57 pm
He'll also join in in at least one of the Supers and one of the Finishers. That Finisher, if p2 has low health and it's the last round, could be the Sacrifice.

He could do the Sacrifice... Without sacrificing.
As in he glues himself to the enemy's back, causes and explosion and Tien tribeams the enemy with no need for extra coding.
But the last round difference would be cool, but it would be also weird to code.

I'm pretty sure you guys alreaydy thought of this, but you guys NEED to have Tien's Neo Tri Beam spam.
It's by far the most well known Tien moment, at least from Z.
#55  November 24, 2016, 05:01:57 pm
Yeah, I'd rather suggest that the move is available as a finisher (maybe only for the killing blow), but Chiaozu survives, and if you can detect the last round, he doesn't reappear. That gives you an extra possible winpose, if Tien is happy Chiaozu survived or distraught that he didn't. It's better to make it available and give it special property, since IINM, detecting the last round can be tricky if the user changes the configuration ? I wouldn't like it if the move was locked behind the last round.
Wasn't it the same discussion for Majin Vegeta ? It ended up as a regular ultimate finisher, right ?
Yeah, that.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#56  November 24, 2016, 05:03:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Weve done it before for killing blows. Majin vegeta does this.
He has a special winpose if he wins via suicide. If the move fails to kill he gets up and walks it off.
#57  November 24, 2016, 05:10:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah iirc you can't detect what the final round is. So configuring stuff would mess it up.
#58  November 24, 2016, 07:13:06 pm
Weve done it before for killing blows. Majin vegeta does this.
He has a special winpose if he wins via suicide. If the move fails to kill he gets up and walks it off.

Yes, of course! How could I forget Vegeta's sacrificial statue :P
Well, that's that then.
I think this was my final question, now I will await silently in the corner and watch as things flows.

#59  November 24, 2016, 07:13:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
dont be silent, theres a world of wips out there to comment on and give ideas to :)
#60  November 24, 2016, 07:54:28 pm
  • Some Wannabe Voice-Actor
  • Your Average Nerd/Gamer/Introvert
    • USA
Will Tien have his Multi-Form Technique? Would it be anything like Piccolo's Shadow Clone Juts-- Er, I mean, clones? xD
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I just miss, period.