YesNoOk

Ripping animations from KOF Max Impact 2 (Read 19278 times)

Started by Dawn de Era, September 11, 2020, 04:47:52 pm
Share this topic:
Ripping animations from KOF Max Impact 2
#1  September 11, 2020, 04:47:52 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Is it possible to rip animations from King of Fighters: Maximum Impact? I'd like to get animations from certain characters to use them as reference for a spritesheet, or maybe to just use the animations directly as a character, similar to the Street Fighter V conversions made by Corntortillas and Orbinaut. I know some emulators can swap out background elements for solid color backgrounds, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do with a PS2 emulator, let alone the sole case of KOF: Max Impact 2. If there are any methods that could potentially work, please let me know!
Re: Ripping animations from KOF Max Impact 2
#2  September 14, 2020, 02:47:03 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I think the only way to achieve that is "hacking" the game with Artmoney and disabling the background with that and later take the shots with AnimGet. But I'm not sure is some could get the tables for that, maybe you should get a hand with that and experiment yourself.... or just get the shots in a clean stage and ripping manually a la old school.

I hope you can do it, or someone else could do it or get the codes, I would like to see the exclusive chars from those games for MUGEN (only we have the KOF recreation of Blue Blood's Luise Meyrink (and I guess Jivatma was also recreated for MUGEN but I don't know by who).

Good luck with that, buddy ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: Ripping animations from KOF Max Impact 2
#3  September 14, 2020, 04:11:35 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
I think the only way to achieve that is "hacking" the game with Artmoney and disabling the background with that and later take the shots with AnimGet. But I'm not sure is some could get the tables for that, maybe you should get a hand with that and experiment yourself.... or just get the shots in a clean stage and ripping manually a la old school.

I have zero experience with Artmoney, so this should be interesting to try out. It would be really cool to finally get a hold of these animations.