YesNoOk

Kingdom Hearts General Thread (Read 179664 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, October 15, 2013, 08:38:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kingdom Hearts General Thread
#41  September 15, 2015, 03:29:59 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
They should have sticked with the PS consoles from the beginning instead of going for 3DS first for KH:DDD. Le sigh. And the PSVita needs more love ffs.

Oh well, a new game (or rather part of ) means new OST, and the OST of KH has never disappointed me.
#42  September 15, 2015, 03:51:11 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I have absolutely no regrets buying and playing KH3D on the 3DS. The game's system was actually prefect for the handheld.

And will have no regrets buying this and playing it again either too though I have no idea how they will incorporate all the touch screen functions on the PS4.
#43  September 15, 2015, 04:05:37 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
This doesn't really seem worth it if they plan to charge $60 for it. I seem to recall DDD being terrible because of the drop system, Back Cover is just a movie and A Fragment Passage is probably like 2 hours i like Aqua but not enough to spend $60 for a extra prologue story with her unless they make some changes to DDD which it doesn't seem like they will outside of the touchscreen stuff.
#44  September 15, 2015, 04:21:32 pm
    • Philippines
The drop system was a bit problematic at the very early parts of the game but it becomes only a slight nuisance once you get the drop time increasing item later in the game. You can actually use it to your advantage by exploiting the bonuses it gives.
#45  September 15, 2015, 04:23:24 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
The Drop System is alright if you stock up on Drop-Me-Nots. But it means fighting Julius and Young Xehanort again and :gonk:
The X movie is pointless imo because why not just include it in Unchained X?
I don't care about any of the BBS characters that aren't Happy Roxas so w/e

I'll pick this up but I'm not super hyped for it.
#46  September 15, 2015, 04:27:36 pm
    • Philippines
I thought you can just buy those in Moogle shops?
#47  September 15, 2015, 04:47:05 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
My problem with the Drop system was that it could happen during boss fights and it would restart the fight from the beginning when it happened but i never realized there was a item to restore the drop gauge maybe i should go back and finish the game now.
#48  September 15, 2015, 05:05:23 pm
    • UK
#49  September 15, 2015, 06:24:22 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The Drop system was one of the worst parts of the game. It completely broke the flow of the story when you were doing one character, it interrupted fights resetting them, and the rewards you get when you drop aren't worth the trouble it brings. This should have been a system you could have used voluntary to switch between characters, not force you to switch for no reason other than to annoy you. It is specially annoying when you are lvl. 1, as the fights against bosses can take a lot and having a time limit stuck in your ass doesn't help at all when you do hardly damage.

DDD was a really disappointing game in some gameplay aspects, but I already commented it long ago so I don't want to touch it again. It's not a bad game, but I would never rate this game higher than KH1, KH2 or KHBBS. I would even rate it lower than KHCoM if I didn't suck at using the card system LOL.
Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:32:37 pm by Nanashi_1337
#50  September 15, 2015, 06:46:38 pm
    • UK
Between the Drop System and tying abilities to Dream Eaters for some Nintendogs ripoff minigame, i can understand why you don't like 3D.

Days' gameplay wasn't that good either (panels and shit) Only reason i still like it is because Roxas (and Xion but shhh. Apparently you're not supposed to like her)
#51  September 15, 2015, 06:53:25 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Days was the worst KH game ever made. I didn't find anything in the game's gameplay that I would enjoy, and the story wasn't even that interesting. The PS3 version of KH2 that gives you the summary of that storyline is plenty enough honestly.

And I didn't say I didn't like 3D. I had fun with it, it's just that its gameplay was definitely worse than in other games in some aspects which was really disappointing. The Dream Eaters were okay in some parts, damn annoying in others.
#52  September 15, 2015, 07:34:54 pm
    • UK
Whoops. My bad.

Meanwhile here's some more info

Square Enix Japan said:
INGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover
[…]It is a full story about the mystery of the Foretellers happening on the other side of the PC Browser/Smartphone games KINGDOM HEARTS Chi & Unchained Chi that is being recorded as a fully HD video work. It is an important story that expands on the future of the KINGDOM HEARTS series.

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –
[…]Immediately after KH3D, as Sora prepares for the final battle, the King confesses a lot of things that were kept secret. It is the subsequent story of one person named Aqua left behind in the Realm of Darkness that is finally told.

#53  September 15, 2015, 09:48:45 pm
    • Philippines
So they're going to be new stuff after all.

Inb4 Xehanort and Eraqus's master being the sixth missing apprentice and the unicorn foreteller being the traitor.
#54  September 16, 2015, 08:17:13 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
They're all gonna die. Remember, you heard it first here.
#55  September 16, 2015, 08:19:23 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
So.... Is kingdom Hearts 3 gonna be the MGS4 of the series where it has to make an entire game of 2 hour cutscenes to try and end the series without any plot holes?
#56  September 17, 2015, 12:24:56 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Forgot about this topic, wondering now if I should have just put the news and speculation over the 2.9 leak here.  Oh well.

Though speaking of speculation, I've noticed that Kingdom Hearts has now joined Disney Infinity.  There's a King Mickey costume for it and you unlock the Keyblade with whatever special properties that has in that game if you've played with everyone once from 3.0.  Which leaves me to wonder if KH3 will include any bonuses or easter eggs for using Infinity figures with it.  Even if it's something like a toy skin for whoever's on, so they look more like the toys to life version as shown in Infinity rather than their more detailed form in KH3.
Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:02:33 am by Long John Killer
#57  September 17, 2015, 12:45:49 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^ I would love if that were to happen, since I'm in love with Disney Infinity.
This is a generic forum signature.
#58  September 18, 2015, 02:08:49 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#59  September 18, 2015, 02:56:46 pm
    • USA

holy shit, this looks better than the movie it came from!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#60  September 25, 2015, 02:02:38 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works