YesNoOk

Spawn MVC2 (Read 19432 times)

Started by JJkoolaid, May 12, 2022, 09:03:34 pm
Share this topic:
Spawn MVC2
#1  May 12, 2022, 09:03:34 pm
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
Spawn joins the MVC2 roster and is force to reckon with. His combos are deadly and most work in the corner! Many new specials were added to this character from MK11 and some sprites made. Spawn's AI is brutal (not in Ai terms with those that like that) that he was able to beat Scorpion in trial runs I made.Spawn is equip with guns, chains, necroplasma ,and few moves from Mk11. There is only one special intro with Scorpion. Make sure to download him in the link.

Download link here that also includes other JJkoolaid characters with updated patch versions at One Drive.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZOw0hipnFTakZiYXCaE1COkdM?e=EdPMCM
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 09:12:26 pm by JJkoolaid
Re: Spawn MVC2
#2  May 13, 2022, 05:48:45 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
OMG I FRICKIN LOVE YOU! I've honestly been waiting for this for almost a decade, I'm not even lying. I'm so pumped I don't even know what to say other than thank you very, very much. I haven't really actually "played" mugen for almost a year now, but I keep up with what happens in the community, but THIS, has brought me back.

Retitle this video "The time JJkoolaid released Spawn MvC2"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7nG0CHBy0o
Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 11:32:21 pm by Toxic Masculinity
#3  May 13, 2022, 10:40:34 am
Currently the best Spawn out there. Feels a bit edgy here and there, mostly because the animations are not very fluid in places; missing sprites and all that. Not holding it against you. Cape "animation" during FF is close to giving me a seizure though.
Other stuff that I found (in Mugen 1.0):
- QCF x will miss if the opponent is close
- QCF y will miss if the opponent is close, projectiles aren't masked
- QCF b (the grab) has a noticeable and slightly awkward delay between him jumping back and the knockdown effect of p2.
- all characters that I've tried (Mai, Spawn, Bloodrayne and Spider-Man) give a debug flood with x state has no 0th partner warning.
Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 10:45:37 am by Swanky
#4  May 13, 2022, 01:38:08 pm
    • USA
OMG I FRICKIN LOVE YOU! I've honestly been waiting for this for almost a decade, I'm not even lying. I'm so pumped I don't even know what to say other than thank you very, very much. I haven't really actually "played" mugen for almost a year now, but I keep up with what happens in the community, but THIS, has brought me back.

That is awesome dude glad you like the character. I do too. :)

Currently the best Spawn out there. Feels a bit edgy here and there, mostly because the animations are not very fluid in places; missing sprites and all that. Not holding it against you. Cape "animation" during FF is close to giving me a seizure though.
- QCF b (the grab) has a noticeable and slightly awkward delay between him jumping back and the knockdown effect of p2.
- all characters that I've tried (Mai, Spawn, Bloodrayne and Spider-Man) give a debug flood with x state has no 0th partner warning.

Thanks you Swanky. Glad you enjoy my characters. It doesn't bother me for the animation. I did the best I could with the limited resources I had. If someone wanted to sprite the missing animations for Spawn. I won't mind them doing it. I will look into what you mentioned and thank you for letting me know will make changes in future patches. The only one that is normal in all characters due to template I use in the debug flood 0th partner warning it is because it is made to have the Darkwolf13 tag in simul battles.

Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 07:25:31 pm by JJkoolaid
#5  May 15, 2022, 11:42:05 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Nice job. I always appreciate the MVC2 conversions.
#6  June 30, 2022, 02:14:05 am
I know Iā€™m late but this Spawn is awesome. Would like to see what you could do with the Hellboy sprites after seeing you put these chuchoryu sprites to use.
#7  June 30, 2022, 04:28:33 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Not trying to be a doosh whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure that 99% of the sprites were made by Arlequinn? He wasn't around long, but left a good mark when he was here. You're definitely correct though in saying that this Spawn is awesome.
#8  June 30, 2022, 05:26:30 am
    • USA
Not trying to be a doosh whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure that 99% of the sprites were made by Arlequinn? He wasn't around long, but left a good mark when he was here. You're definitely correct though in saying that this Spawn is awesome.

I will make sure to add Arlequinn and Team CVG in the credits. Thank you for letting me know. I don't think, I want to tackle another chuchoryu character. j/k :P
#9  June 30, 2022, 05:45:14 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

I will make sure to add Arlequinn and Team CVG in the credits. Thank you for letting me know. I don't think, I want to tackle another chuchoryu character. j/k :P
Team CVG/ Crusader Cast died very long time ago, but still is great to see Arlequin's spawn coming back from once again because he was the real original creator for this character and had help finish the character when he releases it on the year may 11, 2011 and Arlequin worked very hard and put a lot of passion for Spawn into the sprites. Then a team of coders (Trexrell,  Devsman w/final tweaks by Alexziq) pulled it all together.
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 03:09:45 pm by OldGamer
#10  July 18, 2022, 04:49:12 pm
    • USA
Spawn has been updated Version 1.1
-Updated Credits section
-Made two versions Mugen and Ikemen Go Version.Ikemen Go Version is patched to have special intros work only in single mode. Also one of his normals Necro Punch is patched.Also animation for run has been change to look better when Spawn tags in or out. Ikemen Go version  won't work in Mugen due to the TAG  trigger put in  state 190.
-Added Special Intro with new version of Sub-zero
-Charging Hellspawn no longer requires -500 power but cooldown is extended a bit longer to use again in combo only when the movehits.
 Added a blocking state as well. Added a new animation to prevent bug where opponent got hit regardless of blocking if they was too close to Spawn.
-Unholy Veil also been updated with new animation and remove hand explod. Sprite priorities paramaters added when Spawn grabs opponent.
Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 04:54:40 pm by JJkoolaid
#11  July 30, 2022, 10:22:49 am
Hm... none of the issues I reported have been fixed. For instance, his QCFy still looks like this for me:

#12  July 31, 2022, 07:59:50 pm
    • USA
Hm... none of the issues I reported have been fixed. For instance, his QCFy still looks like this for me:

I tried to add a hitbox for gun specials for super close quarters but it ruins combos and they won't work effectively. Bullets starting animation come from the gun as it is suppose to. May try to do invisible bullets for start up animation but it all fails I will leave it the way it is. The grab is suppose to have a delay jumping back like it is MK11. I may try to tweak this later on but it all fails, I will leave this the way it is. Please tell me the screenpack you use so I can download it and test it. Black boxes don't show up on mine and I used other screenpacks playing Spawn.
New #13  August 17, 2022, 10:41:52 am
Sorry for the delayed response here.
Yeah I figured bullets spawning in close may be a gameplay issue, still feels weird shooting through an opponent. Difficult to find a solution that doesn't allow infinites up close while preserving overall combos I suppose.
The jumping back as supposed in MK11 is not the issue itself, just the FX give off a strangely delayed feeling of when it happens. Maybe make a small explosion charging up effect so it feels more impactful instead of the enemy just falling down after a short duration? Right now it feels like someone pressed a pause button for a moment.
Tested the incorrect QCFy on the mugen default screenpack, both under standard and directx renderers.
ā‚¬ You could try making the bullet fx an explod inside the helper instead of the helper animation, see if that helps.
Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 10:59:34 am by Swanky